OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

For the newbies?

Go down 
+2
PortalHunter
Mr. Market
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 2:47 am

Recently, we've gotten several new members in the group, but almost none have participated yet as some of the older members have pointed out to me. Now, this got me thinking, with a recent thread discussing how people found out about the group, both the old and new locations, my question to you all is this:

"As a new member, what has kept you from participating more since joining?"

While this question is mostly for the latest arrivals in mind, even I after over two years in the group remember that I wasn't active right away. I joined but didn't become notably active till at least a month or two later since I wasn't familiar with the workings of the group, I was in another active area and was hesitant to participate in too much without meaning to at the cost of the other location, and it took time to warm up to the others that I know and know me by now even when I did learn the rules and workings so as to RP in relative comfort.

Having said my part, other older members are encouraged to share how their initial experience has been. And yes, if you recall it was mainly because you had a job or were busy with school, that counts too. Any reason for not acting within the first few days, weeks, or months is fair game. Also, don't worry about having the same answer as another; That's expected at some point.
Back to top Go down
PortalHunter

PortalHunter

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 9:55 pm

It's been over a hundred days since I've joined and the first few dozen days of that were spent getting to know you guys, then I got to writing the thing for the rp prompt contest, which took most of the rest of the summer I had left.
Then, after I posted the intro thing after I started school, I quickly realized I sorta need characters to actually roleplay actively. Been working on that at the moment, as well as talking to people about thread stuff less than actually doing thread stuff. But I'm getting there. And school isn't being too much of a bother for me yet, so, with luck / positive chance / intervention by the RNG of the universe, I should have more activity on the forums once I build up a bit more confidence about being able to join and play in a thread consistently that isn't run by me.

"Woot, sixth post on the forum."
Back to top Go down
http://portalhunter.deviantart.com

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 6:00 am

As you may have noticed my message I'm still having trouble with all this. Goodday!
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Pega my best advice to find a thread with "open" in the title because all that want to join those are welcome to do so.
Back to top Go down
555EchoJewel

555EchoJewel

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 3:15 pm

A little dead in here, ya?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 6:14 pm

555EchoJewel wrote:
A little dead in here, ya?

Do you mean that you feel part of the reason new people don't do much is because not much is going on or what?
Back to top Go down
555EchoJewel

555EchoJewel

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:00 am

Sorry I meant in this thread. I mean the 21st of Feb? Its almost July!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:06 am

555EchoJewel wrote:
Sorry I meant in this thread. I mean the 21st of Feb? Its almost July!

Well, if you have any further input for the thread topic, it'd be appreciated. Feedback and all.
Back to top Go down
555EchoJewel

555EchoJewel

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 7:28 am

How about Themed open RPs? Like Nightmare Night or Hearths Warming. Safe and silly, ya?
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin
Brother Roga

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 8:28 am

555EchoJewel wrote:
How about  Themed open RPs? Like Nightmare Night or Hearths Warming. Safe and silly, ya?
There have been a few of those, but they mostly seemed to die out of lack of interest.
Still, if you find something that you'd be willing to make, do let us know!
Back to top Go down
555EchoJewel

555EchoJewel

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Ok I'll pm one of you if I get an Idea
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 5:56 pm

I have done themed open games a few times, but as the others say do they die rather quickly
Back to top Go down
555EchoJewel

555EchoJewel

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 7:18 pm

I seen the Hearths Warming one (I think it was you Doom) but I had already started 'Into The Shadows' with jz96
Back to top Go down
jz96

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 7:35 pm

Which anyone could join, if they like monsters and darkness.
just contact either me or 555echojewel if you like to join.
Back to top Go down
555EchoJewel

555EchoJewel

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Be warned though, it's a NSFW rp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For the newbies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the newbies?   For the newbies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the newbies?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: New Members/Unfamiliar Go Here :: OOC Talk-
Jump to: