A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Long Trip Back

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Long Trip Back   Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Blade simply ran. He had no other chance in surviving outside of running. He couldn't fight these monsters, he had to get away! He ran as fast as his legs would take him. The heat was getting closer and closer to him, motivating him to keep running. The small suit that he wore was drench in sweat, damping the ash that had fallen on him earlier. His lungs burned and his body was tired from the constant extertion. He knew that he couldn't stop, but he couldn't keep going much longer.

The trio of teen dragons in the burning forest was having a blast. With their laughter being heard for miles. Not only had they gotten dinner, but they also got a show! The colt was easy to scare, the little squirt ran like a madpony and it was hilarious to see him do so. Their scales were clean due to not having wasted time in eating the pony's they had killed about a mile or two back, simply burning them to them to a crisp instead. They kept low to the ground, easily maneuvering between the trees, setting a tree on fire whenever the fancy looking pony tried to alter its course. Sadly, their play thing was getting tired out, meaning that their fun was coming to an end.

Outside of the smokestack that had started to raise in the middle of the large forest. The mountains of the Griffon kingdom being off in the distance, being the sign that this was near the Southern Border of Equestria. It was a beautiful forest and was quiet peaceful and, but not in the area of the colt and the dragon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm

Pure Light frowns as the laughter of echoes across the land. She knew that laugh. Dragons, most likely pre-adult. Chasing something perhaps. Someone, perhaps. It didn't matter if they were pony or not, Pure Light was a paladin all the same. She had better help. As far as she was, the odds of her making it in time to save the unfortunate quarry were slim. Fortunately, she was just as good at avenging as rescuing.
She sets off at a dead run towards the laughter.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Two figures zoomed through the sky, low to the trees to lessen the chance of being seen by a lone pegasus or griffon near the border. The smaller of the two had seen the starting forest fire not far off, and they were now rushing to investigate.

The two figures stopped behind a stray cloud, hovering and examining the scene in front of them. It definitely wasn't growing as a natural forest fire would: it was a jagged line of bright orange growing in a northern direction.

"Lumos..." Nox said slowly. "Investigate the southern end of this fire. I'm going to catch up with the north."

Lumos, her phoenix, nodded dutifully and flew off. Nox flew in the opposite direction toward the dragons, as fast as her wings would carry her. Which was pretty damn fast.

Soon Nox was right above the dragons, gliding silently but easily keeping up with them, and what she saw made her heart burn with fury. Through the trees, she could see a small, ash-covered colt in a suit clearly running for his life, and not far behind him were three teenaged dragons, weaving through the trees and starting new fires each time the colt tried to alter his path of escape. Her heart pounded in her ears and her lips curled into a very wolf-like snarl as she listened to the dragons' sadistic laughter. She waited until they'd flown close enough together, then her horn lit up red-violet and materialized a small, violet-tinted dome just large enough to fit the three dragons. She slammed it down on them, trapping them.

"You don't have long to explain yourselves, so I suggest you start!" Nox roared. Standing on top of the dome, and right above the dragons' heads, Nox was an impressive and terrifying sight: her dark wings were flared to their maximum length; her thick muscles were bulging in fury; her mane, as black as a starless night, flowed in a nonexistent breeze. Her entire form cast the three dragons in a big, dark shadow. In fact, part of Nox's magic was going into making her shadow bigger and darker than it normally was. The rest of it, however- well, part of it was also going into maintaining the dome, but most of the bright magic gathered at the tip of her horn looked to be dedicated to blowing the teenage dragons to kingdom come should they not comply to her demands, or if she didn't like their answer.

Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:49 pm

The colt's body finally gave and stumbled over his own hooves, landing over onto his side. He struggled to pick himself up as the pain and fatigue started to set in, making him fall again. He quickly shifted his head towards the dragons that were zooming in on him and could see their mouths open up to flash their sharp teeth and the balls of fire that they were saving just for him. They were all going to take part in ending this little colt who had provided them with some good entertainment. So, why not make his death into an amazing inferno at point blank range?!

Or that was the plan until the dome slammed down around them and stopping the dragons just a few yards away from the colt.

The dragons smacked into the dome faces first and with none of them having noticed the sudden appearance of an alicorn. A few groans escaped them as they picked themselves off the ground. Really all of them had a heart attack as they heard the mare's booming voice and with their leader, a brown dragon with a grey underbelly, being the only to even look at her. "W-we were..." He managed to get out, knowing that one wrong answer could get them killed. Even with dragons, an alicorn's might was well known and only the extremely stupid would take them lightly. Yet, he could only come up with, "letting go of some stress?" He smiled weakly and flashed his sharp and pointy teeth at the alicorn, doing his best attempt to look cute despite his age and appearance.

The colt on the other the other hand had stopped the moment that he had heard the mare's booming voice. He quickly skidded to a stop and looked over at the alicorn that loomed over the dragons. All he could do was watched and stare, not sure what was really going on. He knew that the mare was an alicorn and she wasn't Celestia or Luna. So, who was she? Was she helping him? He felt that he should still be running, but he couldn't bring his body to do is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:51 am

Pure's ears twitched as she heard a sudden halt to the hoots and hollers of the savage dragons. whether that was a good thing or not, she wasn't sure. She continues running, praying that there would be somepony to save by the time she arrived.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:03 am

Nox's eyebrow rose slowly, but that seemed to be the only muscle in her body that changed position in the slightest. "'Letting go of stress'?" Nox growled. "Is your typical method of 'letting go of stress' to terrorize helpless foals in the forest? Or am I right to assume that you were going to do much worse?"

Just then, Lumos flew in and stopped to hover in front of Nox, startling the alicorn, and screeching and flapping her wings frantically.

"What?" Nox's tone changed immediately. There was worry in her voice. "What is it?"

Lumos stopped her frantic flapping. She made a gagging noise, let herself fall back onto the dome, and burst flames from her wings. She appeared to be playing dead.

"...multiple?"

Lumos nodded.

Nox turned to the dragons, her gaze so intense that it might've seemed as if a fire was going to burst to life in the black depths of her eyes. "Murder..." she growled, her expression so intense that she might've been planning to do just that right now. "Murder is your way of relieving stress. Is this not true?"

Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:06 pm

The dragons had a slight chance in surviving this encounter, but that bird had damned them. The moment the alicorn said their titles, the lead dragon's weak smile faded. He suddenly couldn't even look at her, his eyes darting all over the grass to see if they could have an answer. Those behind him had backed away until their back were pressed against the wall. They were trembling and with their gaze focused on the mare above them in sheer terror. No one denied the claim.

The colt's heart beat quicken as he watched, the thought of leaving having left him. His eyes watched the scene and took in every detail. This was something that he had to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:59 pm

"You are disgusting creatures." The ball of light at the tip of Nox's horn had dimmed while she had been distracted, but now it was as bright as before, if not brighter. "Your deaths will be quick and painless, but your eternity in Tartarus will not.

Nox made a small hole in the top of the dome, and with a look of intense concentration, fired the concentrated magic into the dome, instantly engulfing the three dragons and filling the violet dome (which itself seemed to grow thicker and more opaque) with brilliant white light.

This process lasted around five seconds. Then just like that, the light died. Nox let the dome disappear, leaving behind a perfect circle of black-burned, smoking earth, upon which the only evidence of the dragons were ash and bits of black bone.

Nox flapped her wings and landed just in front of the circle, Lumos landing on her back and looking at Blade. She closed her eyes and put her hoof up to her horn, rubbing it and muttering to herself, "I may have exerted myself just a bit too much." After a short moment, Nox looked up to see if the little colt was still there, and to her relief he was.

But... now she wasn't sure what to do. Should she approach him? Attempt to console him? What if he got scared of her and ran away? She had just vaporized three dragons in front of him, and aside from that she didn't exactly look friendly, looking like the lovechild of Nightmare Moon and King Sombra.

Nox raised a hoof at the colt, attempting to wave but her hoof not moving. Finally, she found something to say. "Are you hurt?"

Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:21 am

The dragons could only watch hopelessly as the spell began right in front of them. They knew that they couldn't break down the barrier around them and waited for the end to come. The last thing they were seen doing were closing their eyes as the spell washed over them. After a few seconds, there were nothing, but ash. Blade gulped when the mare finally turned her attention to him. He shook his head at her question, his body suddenly feeling tired after all his exertion. "No, just tired." He said while trying to get up and just for his legs to give out again. His looked over the fire that had begun to continue on its own to the flames placed by the now deceased dragons. It wasn't an inferno that was quickly engulfing the trees in flame, just a slow moving blaze sent the dark smoke down their direction. The amount of smoke made the colt start to wheeze, already not having water of his own. "Can we go though?" His voice now becoming raspy as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:59 pm

A large crystal shoots up, blocking Nox and Blade form each other. A faintly glowing unicorn in slightly weathered barding steps out of the bushes. "Perhaps one of you would like to explain that?" she says, gesturing to the pile of bones. "And that?" she says, gesturing to Nox's horn and wings. "You know, before I'm forced to jump to conclusions." Despite the fact that she had opened the conversation with a spell, she seemed quite calm and reasonable, waiting for one of the two to explain the situation.
She looks over at the colt. "Go ahead and get out of the worst of the smoke, but please don't run off. I'm a paladin, I won't hurt you."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Nox looked back at the flames, then at Blade, her face full of sympathy. "Yes, we can go." she said softly, slowly approaching the colt, her wings now tucked. "but you're going to have to tell me where, as I don't kno-"

Nox jerked backward, her wings flaring out again, as a large crystal cluster suddenly burst out of the ground in front of her. Her horn lit up in an instant, and she closely and carefully watched the new pony emerge from the bushes. Her eyes narrowed slightly, taking some offense to the pony's words; in Nox's eyes, the pony had already jumped to certain conclusions. "Three dragons just murdered a number of ponies south of here, and seemed to have made a game for themselves of chasing that colt" Nox pointed at Blade. "until he wore down. They were corralling his path with flames, hence-" Nox gestured to said flames behind her. "And I am not very merciful to those who murder for pleasure.

"As for... my wings and horn... well, I assume you know what an alicorn is?"

Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:07 pm

Blade nearly had a heart attack as the crystal suddenly shot out of the ground, forming a wall in between him and the alicorn that had saved him. The thought of running made him glance to the area of the forest not on fire, but he knew that he couldn't even manage that. Words were also something he couldn't manage, or at least not to form any before the alicorn spoke up. After she gave her explanation, he would nod quickly to show that he was agreeing with the mare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Pure looks from one to the other. "I see. And yes, I know what an alicorn. How is that you are one? Were you born, or did an event make you into one?" The crystals retract into the ground as Pure takes a seat. "I will say this much, thank you for taking care of those dragons. I was too far away when I heard their shouts to get here in time."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Nox calmed a little bit as the crystals retracted into the ground; perhaps this pony would be more trusting than she initially thought. "You're welcome. And... alicorns can be made? Not just born? I was wondering about that when I read about the coronations of Princesses Cadenza and Twilight."

As Nox spoke, she took a few small, cautious steps toward the two ponies, Lumos looking from one to the other with interest.

Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:55 pm

The unicorn watched as the crystals sunk back into the ground. He did not have a place in the questioning so he decided to keep quiet. The smoke from the flames that were getting closer and closer towards them, forcing the colt into a coughing fit. He stopped after a few moments of none stop coughing though it had worsened his condition somewhat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:09 pm

Pure sighs. "fine, fine. This is not an issue for the moment I suppose. We should leave, before anything else decides to investigate." she turns to the colt. "where are you headed?"

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Trip Back   

Back to top Go down

Long Trip Back
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: NSFW-
Jump to: