A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Road Trip! [Game]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Road Trip! [Game]   Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Ah yes. Now that all four of you are here, next to this wonderfully spacious camper (I really hope you like spooning). You all have your supplies, your planned road trip across Equestria and hopefully your money. The gas tank is full, the water tank is full, the tires are full of air, the fridge is stocked, the pantries are stocked, the generator also has a full tank and the propane tank is freshly changed out.

The interior is rather okay, likes having a small, one room apartment. It has a stove, a sink, a bed above the driver's seat, a passenger seat next to the driver's seat, a complete couch affixed in the back with a table, and a bathroom with a shower and a toilet. Let's hope that you all enjoy the trip and/or can stand each other for that long.

[Market, Wild Card, Lolk, and DragonXneoN, you are all in. Place your bets now to see how far you all can make it through this trip.]

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:44 am

The trek had been a bit lengthly for the somewhat short yet ripped unicorn with a large backpack and unusually tight red tunic, blue cotton pants, and a straw hat making his way through the city from the port, pots and pans clanging a bit every few steps that he carried with him as he sought out a certain parking lot. Fortunately, it wasn't too hard to actually find the parking lot or the other companions, especially since just about all four of them showed up near simultaneously as if it were fated to happen, or three of the others happened to be stalking him, but he doubted that.

If nothing else, he figured he'd wave hello to the rest since he was sure it was the right camper. "Finally! I was starting to think I'd get left behind, port security was a pain today... So, which one of you had the keys again? This thing's a bit hefty you know..." Despite his complaint, the unicorn squatted in place with the backpack as if it were nothing, seeming more anxious to just get going with the trip already with the barely known bunch of thrill seekers than being bothered by the weight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:13 pm

[DELETED]

Last edited by Xereth on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleting posts since Khaos is joining.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:42 am

Lunatic Veil was slightly late. Finding the ammo and the Map had taken a tad longer than expected. The debate on whether or not to bring her work with had taken significantly longer than expected. Ultimately, she had decided not to. It might get damaged, and then where would she be?
Unlike her normal attire (something that looked elegant but not making an attempt to actually stand out) she was wearing practical slacks, a shirt, and had a heavy long coat slung over her back next he the rifle and back pack. She was also running very very fast. For once, she praised the creator of her race for having thought to include the innate ability not to trip and fall through the any fault of oneself. That anarchic grace was quite useful in situations like these.

She soon sees the van, and the other three already gathered. Calling out to the group, she yells "made it!" As she runs up to them. After taking a moment to catch her breath and hear Wild's question, she shakes her head. "I'll navigate, but there' son way I'm driving that thing."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:14 pm

Sugary lifted his straw hat a bit with a finger, and smirked at Card and the others as he then grabbed the keys to the van. "That would be me. My main experience is with piloting airships, but I'm pretty sure I can handle a van on solid ground. I am well acquainted with heavy machinery after all... I just need to make an observation."

His idea would involve the tall wolf as he moved closer to her and inspected her top to bottom with a smile. "Been a while, Tabi. Sorry if this seems a bit sudden, but could you hang on by the back of the van with that backpack of yours while I hang on the front? Need to test the suspension on this thing." He figured the two with the heaviest gear may as well test how the van might behave once most of the weight had been placed upon it, and with a bit of focus, he'd hop and magically cling upon the front of the van with his whole body as if hugging it, and be especially attentive of the ground on the side. "When you can, give it a little wiggle up and down too! If this thing breaks now, we'd never make it far just driving anyway!" said he with his face and fur pressed against the glass sideways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:48 pm

[DELETED]

Last edited by Xereth on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:37 am

"That's perfect, Tabi, just a bit more!" Once Sugary was satisfied with the results, he got off the van's front as it seemed the suspension was good enough, even if others thought his method to be unorthodox. "Hey, I never piloted this van before. I need to get familiar with it before I'm willing to go anywhere with it."

From there, he proceeded to tap upon all the tires while placing his ears near each one, and when that was done, he just wandered around the van knocking on the metal in general. "Hm..... This automobile has character, I'm sure... Should get us quite a ways." Afterwards, he went to open the cabin itself to look around momentarily, before moving away and starting to unpack before he got to placing things where they might be placed as he looked to what the rest brought along. "You guys may as well put your things away before we set off."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Veil looks at all of them as the test the van. "I'll just... wait here silently then. Thanks guys." she mutters, walking around the van so she could get into the passenger seat once they were done climbing all over it. She intended to keep the gun and the map with her, then dump her backpack in the back. It would be a cramped trip, all in all, but they'd hopefully get where they were going.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Honestly, it was pretty nice that the van didn't fly, nor could it. Yet. The interior itself, again was nice and functional. Sure, one of the seats was a bit torn up, but it was still comfy. The fridge hummed away, the power was on. If anyone checked the AC or heating, it also worked. The blinds were very function, I don't know how you could screw that up, but I'm pretty sure it's possible. It was obvious that they were not embarking on the journey of a lifetime, as no one had turned on the car yet.

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:04 pm

[DELETED]

Last edited by Xereth on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:27 am

Since some of the others went ahead with their preparations inside, he focused on the outside when he got a spare tire from the large backpack and got around to placing the tire and tying it down with sturdy rope on the top. Afterwards, he'd take out the rolled up pair of tents, two sleeping bags for each, and a small basic toolbox with a jack included and tried to find the best non-intrusive spots for them in the van. Utensils, a pot, a pan, and a machete would be placed away in the proper cabinets. His own personal belongings would be placed in any other corner he could fit something into... And of course, he made sure to bring one 4-pack of thick toilet paper and extra water to put away as well.

From there, he went right into the driver's seat to join Veil after he waved to the others in the back area. He looked at her weapon with amusement and then back to her with a smile. "Gotta say, having you for a navigator was the last thing I expected would happen after the last job. Nice to see you again in one piece, Lady Veil... Also I'm surprised you didn't bring a shotgun. Would've made your seat all the more fitting! So where are we headed from here...?" He turned the key once he was fairly accustomed to how the controls felt, waiting on either Veil or Card to show him the way so he could really test out the van.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:31 pm

Veil raises an eyebrow at the comment, regarding him calmly.. "What, pray tell, do you mean by that?" After a moment, she grins. "Don't worry, I can read a map. And all my bits are still here, though what they've done since then is anyone's guess. And the shotgun wasn't immediately available, to answer your question." She leans the gun on the door next to her, where she can easily grab it if need be, and unfolds the map.
"If we go out the south gate of the city, navigation should be fairly easy for awhile. Do you know how to get there, or shall I unfold that map too?" She asks.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:32 pm

Cynder excitedly put away all of the food she had brought for the trip, stuffing the fridge onboard almost halfway with stuff to eat. She was super excited to be going on this adventure. Just another one to add to her list of adventures. And she was going to make a couple of new friends along the way as well! She'd just have to keep Edda out of her private stash of rum and everything would be fine. That guy drank way too much anyhow, even if they were 'drinking buddies', he was always drinking anyway. Really he was more her drinking buddy and she was just a buddy that didn't drink as much.

Once everything she brought was put away securely, she popped her head up front to socialize. "So where're we going?" She asks energetically. "Just from one side to the other? Or are we gonna have a bunch of stops along the way?"

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:11 am

"Cynder, you gotta just relax. We're just having a nice little trip. Nice trip. Ya know. One a' those things." Edda spoke up as he reclined on the camper's couch, waiting for things to get a move on. Today's choice of attire had been a little rushed, leaving him in black slacks and a white shirt that was perhaps a little too tight on him and a little too thin; as it was it looked a little more blue than white, and a few spots on it were certainly bluer than others. It was clearly a relatively new shirt, it didn't even have any stains in it yet. It was the kind of shirt that Edda himself would have described as 'utterly devoid of any true character, vapid, and exactly as sexually appealing as one would expect'. He suspected it would stop being so pure and virgin soon enough. Things never stayed particularly good and pure around him.
He fluffed his wings out behind himself a bit, careful to not take up too much room, but it wasn't like that really mattered. This was his camper and not even Cynder could manage to hide that delectable flavor that she so enjoyed from him here. It was hard to find proper rum when you did not enjoy the salty air of the sea, and the salty air of the sea only made Edda irritable at best and gave him a splitting headache on those days it felt particularly vindictive. Well, at least he'd have plenty of time to write with Sugary, crazy pony that he was (especially given his peculiar camaraderie with that Veil girl. Sure, he could certainly see the appeal, but she was kind of a loony. The hugs were a little over the top, especially since she had a nasty tendency of trying to suffocate poor stallions and mares with her bosom), doing the driving. He could start writing later, after everyone had figured out how they were going to sit while the vehicle was in motion.
"Okay, so, okay, Sugary. Sugary. Can you, like...take us out, already? Like, soon? I wanna get used ta your driving, before I start writing, ya get me? 'Course ya do. You're Sugary Market, adventurer extra...extraordinaire. Right. That. Blegh." he said, slowly slipping from a slightly rushed voice into a bit more of a 'mellow' tone, "Cynder, ya probably shouldn't be standing when we start moving."

View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Oh, right. There was a rather massive space/time flux. Sorry for the inconvenience of two of the people you all just met suddenly changing into other people in time to a massive record scratch. Just remember that you are you, and those of us at World Scratch services would like to thank you for paying for a minor world scratch package. Also, despite what our commercials may say, there are zero side effects you need to worry about. Enjoy your slightly altered universe and get driving already. Adventure waits for no one.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:32 pm

Sugary contently dismissed Veil's offer with a wave of the hand as he spoke. "Nah, you just point me in the right direction, gotta keep my eyes on the road anyway... Gotta find my way out of this parking lot first though. Oh well, more practice can't hurt." He then spoke over to the little window between the back and the front to speak with Cynder and Edda. "Okay, okay, just sit tight, we're moving out."

It was a somewhat awkward start once he practiced a bit with the forward and reverse settings as well as testing the breaks along the way, but it did give him a better idea of how responsive the Camper was as he eventually did make his way out. However, as he carefully left the parking lot to enter the main road so Veil could tell him where to go, he felt something was missing. A light frown came upon him as he felt there were missing passengers even though he was sure the number was right. The feeling would bug him at the back of his mind for a while...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:52 pm

Cynder nearly toppled over as the van started moving, catching the fridge for support. Yeah, maybe it was better to sit down. She flopped onto the couch with Edda and relaxed. Or at least tried to, she was still visibly excited about going on this trip, which she may or may not have been blowing up in her head as another one of her daring adventures.

"I can't help it. You know how I get whenever I get to go somewhere new!" She says to Edda, looking as giddy as a school filly. "Maybe we'll get to go to that famous history museum in Baltimare! Ohhhh! I'm too excited!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:35 am

Lunatic Veil twitches as she feels the space/time flux. she looks around, glaring. "Should've committed to the game, space/time distortions aren't easy on the fourth wall..." she grumbles, sitting back in her seat with a huff. "If you have the way, then go for it." she says, pointing in the vague direction of the exit. "Just don't get lost, or cause the van to transform into a dragon or something..."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:12 pm

"No, no, turn it into a draaaaagon." Edda drawled, his wings fluffing out behind him on the couch as Cynder landed next to him. "Maybe then Cinder would be happy and wouldn't drag us to Baltimare. I already wrote a book about Baltimare, not doing that again. The Gilded Filly of Charm City. Eugh." he shivered at the memory. That was a dark period in his life, for sure. It took three years before he had felt clean again. And a lot of baths.
A lot of baths.
"Sugar, just, like, get us out on the real roads already. I'm feeling a little bit...inspired." he would not admit that the twitchiness in his wings was perhaps because the stallion up front was, well, his adventures certainly weren't the only thing Edda had heard about him, that was for sure. Nor could it possibly be from that exotic, smokey scent that followed Cynder around, or the gentle heat of her body on his wing. No, it couldn't be that. Just. Time to write. Now. And a drink. He needed a drink. A big drink. He just had to get off of the couch to do that.
Just had to...get off the couch.
"Are we going yet?" he asked, he glanced over at Cynder, deciding that maybe it wasn't so bad now...just...calm down. Breathe slowly. Betray nothing. That drink was sounding really nice again. Just a bit longer. Bit. Long...
He stood up suddenly, almost shooting up, really, and made his way straight for the fridge. Faust damn all this. I write better properly drunk anyway, but these three are just...ugh. I need to relax a bit.
He took only a moment before heading back towards the couch, a bottle of wine in hand.

View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:20 am

Cynder crossed her legs up on the couch, kicking her shoes off and pulling a small book from the pocket of her tan cargo pants. She opens it and grabs a pencil from her thin, green fall jacket and starts enthusiastically drawing something on one of the pages. She glanced over at Edda, who seemed to be getting increasingly uncomfortable with something. Saying something about inspiration and--Whoa he was up and in the fridge now! "Come on now. It can't have been that long since your last drink." She says, looking over mainly to make sure he didn't stumble upon her rum stash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Omnipresent narrator here. I see someone has 4th wall awareness. Now, in most threads that would be punished, but we're running on MLP: FiM logic. You want to be Pinkie Pie? Just don't get a focus episode and you won't get murdered.

Now then, as they set out, the road was in relatively good condition...well...up until Sugary hit that pothole, but no damage to the van so far. Suddenly, the radio/tape player kicked on, probably because one of you bumped it when Sugary hit that pothole. A song started playing, a very specific song. "When I wake up, yeah I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you..."

For those of you wondering, the volume knob is stuck at max and doesn't turn. It does however, turn off, or you all could switch it to radio and see how that goes.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:30 pm

Veil looks up from her map. "Don't turn it off, I like this song." she says, fidgeting along with the music.

She points at the road ahead. "Turn right there, that should take us out of the city. And watch at for plot-holes please. This city is rife with them." Veil rolls her shoulders and pops her back, already feeling cramped in the van.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Sugary would be briefly distracted from his solemn thoughts as Veil mentioned the 4th Wall, perking his ear in her direction with curiosity and interest. "4th Wall? Space time flux...? So it's not just me feeling something's off, or are yo-!? WOAH!!" And then came the wake-up call involving a sudden pothole that he knew wasn't there a moment ago, but had no time to really maneuver around it and be forced to listen to the radio as it was knocked to the On position. Afterwards, he spoke louder over the music. "Sheesh! Maybe there's something to this space time thing! Wonder if Discord's nearby, or something like him... So where to next?"

If there was anything good about the trip so far, it was that Veil's bosom bounced beautifully at the corner of his eye; Aside from that, he was enduring the loud catchy music and drunk ramblings of Edda while trying to see if he could make the volume work better by moving the knob more, though it didn't seem to be working so he gave up for the time being as the song played out and kept driving diligently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:49 am

Cynder flatten her ears against her head at the sudden loudness that was a great road trip song, but would eventually start singing along to the tune. It was a good song, after all. So good in fact that it deserved to be sung along to for at least the next twenty seven repetitions.

She looked towards Edda and nudged him. "What's up? You're starting to act in the weird way you do." She observes.

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Most ponies probably would have taken being tossed around in a tiny camper like this unceremoniously. A lot of them might have even dropped their wine.
Edda, however, was quite used to stumbling around in a haze with bottle in hand, and he kept his deathgrip on this bottle of wine as well. Nobody, not even the road itself, was going to take his wine from him that easily. His wings, on simple instinct, flared out as he was thrown a bit of balance, but he managed to not break anything.
Only now there was that goddamn song on the radio.
Oh he tried, he tried his damnedest to take it all gracefully.
But that damn song.
"Cynder, darling, dearest, lovely mare that you are, I am not weird. I am trying very hard to be reasonable. Very. Very hard. However, between the pitted roads and the sound of the seven hells rising up through the metal diaphragms of this ramshackle mobile hut of huts, I'm having quite a few issues coping with all of this in an agreeable way. I've a hellion to my left here roasting some ham and the cheese army on my right here does not, in fact, go with my wine. It's that cheap, domestic shit you get in prepackaged slices. While Master Brie (briː) is out on an errand, his son, Vel-Fucking-Veeta has decided it's time to run the kingdom and he invited Mistress Meyer and her corndog armies out here for the party. Except the party is inside my head and I already had a headache the likes of which you've never seen. So while I'm left at home pining for Mister Brie (braɪ), Velveeeeeeeeta just decides that the best thing to do is rub his soft...velvety...ngggg...fur up against me and once he's done leaving me flustered as all hell decides that it's perfectly okay to run off and leave me with a frozen sausage and now I can't find anything to do with the goddamn pork. And since I was fucked up the whole time before this whole thing, I didn't pack a goddamn microwave for the hotdogs. As if I'd have the opportunity. Can you really blame me for wanting to have a little bit of a drink?"
Somewhere along the line in...that...Edda's wings had decided once again that they liked being spread out from his body. And lightly twitching. He finished his diatribe breathing a bit harder than he had been beforehand, and just flopped onto the couch in a huff of anger, annoyance, sadness, and arousal. He didn't even bother trying to pull his wings away from rubbing against Cynder. Honestly, he had what he cared about in his hand already, and, presuming no one did anything to interrupt him further, he would made short work of the bottle's cap, tossing the cap off to the side and taking a swig straight from the bottle.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Road Trip! [Game]   

Back to top Go down

Road Trip! [Game]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next