A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Duo of the Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Star gave a swift little smile at Midnight, seeing the look she gave him. He the looked back at the changeling as he came out. He listened closely, watching it's movements for anything that looked like he was about to attack. He raised a eyebrow a little hearing "Master". Curious..."Master huh? What happened to your queen, Chrysalis? Does she not order you changelings around anymore?" He said simply, narrowing his eyes a little, but he didn't make any move to attack the lone changeling...or possibly lone changeling. Just maybe, if they didn't make to be hostile towards him they could get some information. Of course they weren't going to stray from their mission. He glanced back at Midnight who was staring off into nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:05 pm

The Changeling simply stared back at Star "The queen is of no concern of yours, the Master rules the hive. The master has always ruled the hive. This is your final chance Ponies, turn back now. You will not be given a second opportunity to do so" it says simply, its green eyes focused entirely on Star, almost as if Midnight didn't exist in his mind.

Midnight on the other hand, was still fully consumed in her own thoughts. Master, queen? None if it made sense to the information they had in briefing. The Changelings had their Queen, Chrysalis, lead the attack on the city. There was no reference to anypony else, and the theory is the queen control the swarm...so who was this master?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:11 am

Star listened to the changeling closely, eyeing him up and down. He hummed to himself, thinking really hard on what to do at this moment in time. It was very clear that the changeling was more focused on him...for some reason. He grinned a little, taking a step towards the changeling. He also extended a wing and smacked Midnight in the face because he didn't need a pony in her thoughts right now. "Well changeling, you make a very compelling argument. Very convincing. In fact, I think you convinced my dear friend here." He shot a look at Midnight, as if he was saying he was kidding, but that she should run. "But I on the other hoof, am not really convinced. Why don't you give me a reason not to kill you right now." He smiled brightly, his eyes flicking around them as if he were searching for hidden changelings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Midnight was more lost in her thoughts when something hit her on the face, making her look around before spotting Star's wing! She bared her teeth in anger, had he just hit her?! She glared at him before seeing the look, realizing that her being in her own head, hadn't at all been useful. But she stayed her ground, in fact, she slowly turned around, and that's when she spotted it. Another Changeling, this one carrying a large knife, had snuck up on them. The Thestral quickly tightened the grip on her own weapon. "Stary...I think it's just two of them...."

The Changeling facing Star smiled innocently "I did nothing to this so called friend of yours, she is simply a fool. Nothing more, nothing less..." however, it's smile vanished as Midnight had spotted his companion, but the smile returning quickly "Rather simple. You try to kill me, and my companion behind you will butcher your fool of a friend. This is your last chance...turn back now..." The changeling reached into a bush near him, and pulled out a large knife himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:17 am

Star froze, a look of shook on his face as Midnight said there were two. He glanced behind him and spotted the changeling with the knife. Fuck...He shook his head, frowning before looking back at the changeling who was talking to him. He growled a bit, looking at him with a bit of anger. "She is neither a fool nor will you get close to lay a hoof on her." He said simply as the cogs in his head tried hard to figure out what to do in this situation. If he attacked, it was very possibly one or both of them will get mortally injured. They had gotten some info, but that only rose more questions.

Finally Star sighed, shaking his head. He turned back the way they came. "You win this round changeling. Come on Midnight. It's probably for the best. We get to keep our lives." He then started to walk back, slowly and carefully. Thought he kept an ear out just in case the changelings decided not to keep them alive after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:35 am

Midnight turned to look at Star shocked at his decision, leave?! They were going to leave?! They couldn't! Orders... She signed as she lowered her weapon, before turning to look at Star as if questioning his decision, but not openly. She let out a huff, but other then that, let nothing else out.

However, the Changelings, less so. The leader nodded to the other one, who leaps forwards right at Star, blade planning to cut his neck open. But before it hit, Midnight spun around, blocking the blade with her own dagger, leaving the pair in a stalemate as Midnight glanced over at Star, before returning her angry eyes at the Changeling "You're fucking dead! You hear me bug! I'm going to Kill you for that!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Star had moved to dodge the attack, figuring changelings weren't so keen on actually letting them go. But he faltered a bit seeing Midnight blocking the attack. He stared at her for a moment before shaking his head and lifting his sword. "Damn lying bastards" He muttered under his breath, glancing at the changeling who wasn't in a stalemate with Midnight. He turned back to the Midnight and the other changeling, but kept the other one at the edge of his vision. He then swung at the changeling, planning on helping Midnight before anything else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Midnight glared at the Changeling she was locked blades with. How dare it! How dare it attack while they backs were turned, and attack Stary! Not even her! She was about to push back, before spotting Star move to attack the other one.

The other Changeling, however, had no intention about waiting around, leaping forwards to intercepting Star's attack with his own knife, leaving both Thestrals in a stalemate, refusing to push their weapons up, but refusing to back down from the attacks either. Midnight let out an angry hiss as she tries to force her blade past, failing. "Fucking Bug!" She snapped as she kicks out at her opponent, failing to do any real damage to it other than inconvience it.

"Any Ideas Stary?" she hisses out to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:30 am

Star looked at the changeling closely, trying to figure out what to do right now. Both him and Midnight were in a stalemate and he had no idea what to do. Running was very much an option. They could get split up and then the changelings could trick them with they're damn magic. He paused for half a second, looking at the changeling's horn. He then spread his wings and flap them to launch him back a bit, letting the changeling's knife free from their stalemate and hopefully making him falter for a second. He then came back in and swung at the changeling, aiming to maybe get their head or horn...more of the horn though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:58 pm

The Changeling facing Star faltered, losing his balance when Star went backwards and stumbling forwards, and unable to fix his horrible positioning, the sword of Star went right through his horn, emitting a cry of utter pain and agony from the Changeling as they backed away quickly, clutching where their horn once was.

Midnight's Changeling, on the other hand, was no slouch. Despite her constant efforts to push past it's defence, he'd deflected her again and again, but both of them got distracted by the cry from Star's changeling, and using the distraction as her advantage, Midnight thrust her dagger forwards, before pausing in, admittantly some, horror, as her blade missed it's original target and went straight into the Changelings throat, to which the Changeling clutched and pulled the dagger free, trying, and failing, to breath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Star didn't falter when the changeling cried out in pain and agony. Instead he followed up with his swing by following the changeling as he backed up and thrusting his sword into the changeling's chest. One of his ears swiveled backwards to hear someone struggling to breath and really hoped it wasn't Midnight. He would have looked back to see who it was, but he didn't want to give the changeling an opportunity to struck him...Not that he could with probably how much pain his was in right now after having his horn chopped off. He told himself not to look until the one in front of him was dead, dead as a damn doorknob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:09 pm

The Changeling against Star was against tried to back away, stumbling and tripping onto the ground due to the pain of a now-missing horn making his sense fail him, stumbling onto the ground and dropping his knife, trying to stylise himself on his knees as he looks up at Star with pleading eyes. Begging not to be killed.

Midnight on the otherhand, was simply staring as the Changeling as it suffocated in front of her, before taking a deep breath and stabbing where she assumed the heart was, her blades entering, and killing, the Changeling instantly. She looked at the corpse in front of her...Had she really, just killed a Ling?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:21 pm

Star looked at the changeling on the ground, glaring at him. He pressed the tip of his sword to the changeling's neck, but he didn't kill him yet. He looked at the pleading changeling closely before looking at the knife it dropped and kicking it away out of reach. "Give me a reason changeling. A reason why I shouldn't kill you after you tried to stab us in the back. A reason why I shouldn't kill you and possibly save other ponies." His said quietly, but that didn't betray how serious he was. All he had to do was move his sword a bit and the changeling would be dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:34 am

The Changeling hisses loudly looking up at Star, not risking moving not wanting to die.
"The hives!" it hisses out finally "I can leads you to the hives! Secret entrances! None know you be there! P-please! I don't wanna die!" He yelps out, looking over at the other Changeling body and Midnight standing over it, her eyes focused on Star entirely
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Star watched the changeling carefully, listening to him. A hidden entrance huh? His expression softened a little as he drew his sword away. "Of course you don't want to die. No one does." He said simply as he walked over to grab the changeling's knife and putting somewhere he could grab it if he needed. "But remember changeling, our lives are on the line so if you do something wrong, I won't hesitate to kill you." He looked over at Midnight and let out a sigh. "You alright, Midnight? Changeling didn't get you?" He asked, concern clear in his voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:52 am

The Changeling rapidly nodded his head at Stars rules, standing up slowly trying to avoid any sudden movement that would end its life.

Midnight looked up suddenly at Star hearing him address her, nodding her head "Yeah...Can't touch this" she said, referencing herself, a soft smirk sneaking onto her face before pointing at the survivor "What's this for?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:02 pm

Star watched the changeling closely as it got up slowly. He put his sword away and smiled at Midnight, chuckling. "Well glad to hear it, Midnight. And the changeling is going to lead us to the hive though a secret entrance...Not that I trust him much after what just happened." He said, looking at the changeling with an unamused look. He let out a sigh, shaking his head. "Well it's in the past now, get moving changeling." He said to the one live changeling left. "And tell us about this master of yours as we walk."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:52 am

Midnight nodded her head, but keeps her opinion to herself. This was a really bad idea in her opinion, Changelings weren't to be trusted and it was going to end badly for them. But, Star seemed to now what he was doing, so she kept silent. She kept a dagger in her hands, spinning it around expertly as she follows Stary and the Changeling.

The Changeling started walking, making a slight left turn as they walked, but still heading towards the montain. "T-the master?" he asked "The master has always been here, he rules the swarm. Rule, overmind. His orders are absolute, his will unquestioable" he replies, sounding almost fanatical in nature.

"Probably some Changeling that overthrew the Queen after the coup, using the fact they overthrew the queen to install fear into the others, that's what I'd do Stary" she whispers to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:06 am

Star followed the changeling close, watching him for anything that looked like he was leading them into a trap. He glanced over at Midnight and saw her spinning her knife, making him smile a little. He then turned back and listened to the changeling, raising an eyebrow. When he finished he was about to say something but paused when Midnight whispered to him. "I don't think that's how Changelings do things, Midnight." He said simply before giving a small shrug.

"Though...something does seem off about his answer..." He thought about it for a moment before stopping dead in his tracks. "Changeling...If this master's orders are absolute, then he must have ordered you to get rid of us ponies somehow, to keep us away from the hive...yet here you are leading us back to your hive through a secret entrance. That means your disobeying this master's orders. Or...you are following your orders and simply leading us into a trap." He said, grabbing the hilt of his sword, but he didn't draw it yet. He'd wait for the changeling to answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Midnight raised her eyebrow back at Star, what did he mean by that, admittantly that's how she'd do it, sure she wasn't a Changeling, but how different would it be? But her eyes sparked open hearing Stars accusations, he was right. If the 'Master' was unquestionable, then surely, this was all a trap! Her eyes abandonded the Changeling, looking around them in fear.

The Changing froze completely, slowly turning around to face Star, his eyes focusing entirely on him "I...I am disobey. I don't want to die...I may be part of the hive, but i'd rather be an outcast and survive" he pointed at a rock face close by "Right there, those rocks aren't as tough as they look and they're used to conceal an entrance. Please...j-just let me go....I don't wanna die..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Star's eyes flicked over to Midnight as she suddenly looked fearful, he'd remind himself to say something to her once they dealt with the changeling first. Listening patiently to the changeling, he never once moved to draw his sword, simply holding it there. He took a deep breath in and let out a sigh, shaking his head. He let his hand fall back to his side. "To follow orders and die, or to disobey and die...Funny isn't it changeling? How the tables have turned? How easily I can say you can go but back stab you once you turn around?" He stayed there for a moment, letting the changeling take in his words. "Well I haven't drawn my sword, nor have I moved to kill you yet. So go. Fast. And sorry about the horn..." He muttered the last part under his breath, not really intending anyone to hear.

After all that was said and done, her put a hand on Midnight's shoulder. "Hey. Come on. Relax will ya? We at least made it to the secret entrance. If you want, we can go back before anything actually gets us. It might be disobeying orders, but we at least got information." He smiled at her, trying to be as kind as he could to his companion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:41 am

The Changling nodded his head, turning away and sprinting into the woods without a second thought. While true the hive mind was there, survival trumps that easily and he wanted nothing more than to live. He vanished within a minute of entering the forest.

Midnight looked over at something touching her shoulder, weakly smiling at Star. Listening to him, he had a point. They could take that information and leave, but, as much as she wanted to, she knew they couldn't just leave.
"S-sorry. Just the whole Changeling thing is kinda getting to me..." She looked over at the rocks, their entrance. She knew it was a dumb idea, but... "Lets go, right into the Changelings. We can do it..." She didn't have the nerve to say 'I hope' at the end, hoping she could help Stary's confidence where her own was slightly lacking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:11 am

Star looked at Midnight and listened, looking over to the rocks as well for a moment before back at the other thestral. He frowned slightly at her when he heard she wanted to go in anyway, but didn't object to it. Instead, for reasons even he doesn't know, he pulled her into a warm hug that lasted for a few seconds before he pulled away. He then turned towards the rocks and coughed a bit. "L-lets go then." He quickly trotted over to the rocks and try to open up the secret entrance the changeling had so kindly lead them to. All the while, he had to question why he hugged Midnight. Maybe it was the fact that this was all getting to her yet she still wanted to push forward? He let out a small sigh and shook his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Midnight wasn't a new guard, she'd fought and usually like to think of herself as alert. But even she was caught completely off-guard by Star's hug, leaving her standing still with a dumb look on her face as her mind raced with questions, the first being, why! She didn't even react before Star had let her go and walked forward, nodding her head and chasing after him, pushing the rocks aside, leaving them what looked like a cave system, with a long passageway ahead of them.

"So...this is the entrance..from the looks of it, the hive itself is in a cave system under the mountain, given the looks of this at least... Well, gentlecolts first" she said, smiling weakly at the humour she'd tried to use to lighten up the mood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   

Back to top Go down

Duo of the Night
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2