A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Duo of the Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Duo of the Night   Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:05 am

The ever feared Changelings. Ever since their invasion and followed defeat, there has been a near 'witchhunt' for the illusive shapeshifters. Any sighting would be followed up by a swarm of guards and public media, a field day for most, and a dark reminder of the creatures luring for others. In an attempt to stop this, the Princesses moved it so the Lunar Guard would deal with any and all Changeling reports, the investigation and capturing, if any, would be done. Once the Changelings were taken into the capital, the Solar Guard took over and guarded them in the cages, and what happens after that, only the Solar Guards know. As for the Lunar Guards, the guards who are forgotten by the public, given the hardest jobs. The capturing of these creatures is difficult, and for all the ponies know, there is more than 1 hive...

On the Lunar Guard Training Camp, located right next to one of the enterances to the Everfree Forest. Two additional Lunar guards had been sent there with very general orders. Enter the forest, locate the Changeling Hive and perform 'Active Recon', or in better words 'Go in and pray to the Princesses you come out alive'.

Private Midnight Blossom flopped down in the tent where she would be meeting her 'Squad', though in reality, she knew it was a single other Lunar Guard. Two of them going into who knows how many Changelings, and come out alive. Right... She let out a sigh as she fidgeted with her mane, before stripping her combat armour, tossing it onto the ground next to her travel packs. She spread out her wings, groaning as she continued her stretching, making sure she was right and limber for whenever her companion finally shows up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:43 am

Private Star Sentinel stood outside the tent and sighed, looking at it. I really was just his luck he'd get assigned to do recon on a changeling hive. Yes, what could possibly go wrong. He sometimes wondered to himself if he should have joined the solar guards instead, but then he remembered why he even joined in the first place. He shook his head and grumbled a little as he stepped inside the tent. He paused for a moment and looked at the one other pony. "Of course..." He muttered as he walked in and sat down. He took off his helmet helmet and the rest of his armor, stretching a little before laying down, putting his head on his fetlocks. "Soo...It would appear you are going to be my partner for this...assignment...Great. We can die together. Or...whatever it is Changelings do to captured ponies." He said with a passive expression, shaking his head at his own words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:38 pm

Midnight let out a soft groan feeling something pop in her back, feeling her back limber up. She hadn't stretched in too long and now her body was fighting back. Rolling her head around, she let out a soft hiss feeling a knot in her neck, just in her shoulder, snap at her. It hurt, but she had to get it out before her mission, or else it could come to bite her. She was just about to push her neck out when he entered. She paused, watching the other Thestral enter, watching him carefully as he stripped his armour off, listening carefully. He sounded defeated, as if he had already accepted his fate. While true that many guards never came back from Active Recon, and Midnight was not a fan of it, like hell she'd give up before it began!

"You know..." she says finally, continuing her shoulder stretches "They say half the missions in your ahead...If you're ready to quit, I can just leave you here and go by myself...." She glances over at him again, before giving up on removing the knot in her shoulder, walking over to him and leaning down, looking down at him with a confused look on her face "Say...you're familiar....I've seen you before, i'm certain of it...what's your name...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:01 am

Star closed his eyes and hummed, deep in thought. Had he really given up already? It sure sounded like it. "Stay here where it's safe but let you go out there by yourself and possibly have the death of you haunting me for the rest of my life...or come with you and possibly die while doing recon on a Changling hive." He opened his eyes and looked over at his armor. No...He isn't giving up. "I'm not letting you go out there alone." He looked up at her with his passive expression for a moment before it turned to confusion. "I'm sure you've seen me at some point. We're both guards after all. But umm...the names Star Sentinel."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:40 am

Midnight watched him as he spoke out their options. In all honesty, as much as she hated to admit it, he was right. Her alone against a Changeling hive, what chances did she have? Even if there was two of them, she'd have a better chance with him than without her. She didn't like that fact, but reality was reality, and even she couldn't change it. Her eyes were locked on Star the entire time, Star Star Star...why was that name familiar? She tried to go through her brain, she was certain she'd seen him before. Still, that didn't have to be an issue. "Pleasure Star, it's Midnight" She let out a sigh "What did you do to get roped into this? Or just bad luck?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Star watched Midnight closely, watching her reaction. She seemed deep in thought to him so he just went back to laying down his head and closing his eyes. He nodded his head a little. "Nice to meet you Midnight." He said simply then hummed to at her question. "What did I do...I did nothing. I've done whatever I was told...guess it's just a case of bad luck." He sighed, shaking his head. "Bad luck always seems to get me. From that party to everything else in my life..." He muttered quietly to himself, not really intending her to hear any of that as he laid there for a few moments. "So when are we suppose to do active recon on the hive?" He opened one eye to look up at her, curiously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:18 am

Midnight raised her eyebrow at his question of when they were meant to be going. If they were going to follow the orders by the letter, within the hour. But that didn't mean they Had to leave then. After all, it was just her and Star, who was going to call them out if they hanged around lazily for a bit.

"Well, orders say we head out within the hour...buttttt, there's no one here to tell command when we do go" she said playfully, implying that they could wait and just not go to what the thestral feared would be her death, and or capture. "Besides, knowing what Active Recon will end up like, not like it's urgent we leave this moment, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:49 am

Star noticed Midnight raise an eyebrow at him. Yes he knew the orders, he was more or less asking when she wanted to go. He was ready to go whenever. He closed his eye and listened to her closely. "Yes there is no one to tell us commands, but orders are orders. If we were good guards, we'd follow them to the dot..." He said, stoically. "But no...we aren't good guards. We're scared ponies not wanting to face their fate." He opened his eyes and looked at his armor, frowning. "If, you want to wait then be my guest, but we're going to that hive no matter what." He closed his eyes once more and rested their, thinking and slightly trying to fall asleep. "That's not much to even do while we wait...So what's the point?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:01 pm

Midnight nodded her head. Scared ponies was far too close to home than she'd be proud to admit. She listened to Star, she knew he was right, they had to go in and there was no point to wait, she was just scared. The chances of them coming out alive were, slim, but like Star had said. What was the point?

Standing up and spreading out her wings, she nodded her head "Y-yeah..i guess you're right. Want any help getting your gear on, or do you think you'll be fine?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:15 am

Star's ears perked up as he heard her standing up. He lifted his head and looked towards her, raising an eyebrow. He hummed as she offered to help him with his gear. He glanced over at his armor for a moment before shaking his head, standing. "If by gear you mean my armor, then no I won't need help. I won't be going with my armor on. If you are, do you need help?" He turned the question back to her, looking at her with a raised eyebrow. He had very good reasons as to why he'd be going to no armor, he'd wonder if she might figure out what they were so he wouldn't have to say them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:48 pm

Midnight raises an eyebrow hearing Star admit he wasn't going to take his armour. Was he, crazy? It was active recon, meaning the likelihood of battle is high. Why wouldn't he want his armour to keep himself safe? She paused, surely there was a reason? But why? She tried to think, but nothing logical came to her.

"I should be fine...But why aren't you going to put your gear on?" she asked as she began to attach her chestpiece "Doesn't make sense, you're just putting yourself in more danger...right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Star saw Midnight raise an eyebrow at him and let out a tiny sigh, knowing he'd have to explain his reasons. Sure he didn't mind but...eh. He nodded when she said she was fine, listening closely to her when she asked her questions. "Because." He said, walking over to his armor. "It's made of metal. And metal can be rather loud and noisy." He said, kicking his hoof against his helmet to cause a clang. "Secondly, it can be rather heavy. Now, while I am putting myself in more danger if fighting does come up, I'm also trying to minimize the chance of myself being spotted, heard, caught in the first place, avoiding fighting. And since I wont have the burden of carrying the armor, I'll be able to run a bit faster if I am to be seen or heard." He smiled slightly at her. "It's just something I learned in my colthood. I was a..."bad" colt and running away was my safety. Learned to go with a light load to help my running and not be seen so I wouldn't need to run. Buuttt, while I won't be bring armor, it'd be absolutely dumb of me not to go without a weapon. And don't let my reasons sway you. It's just my preference." He shrugged and he grabbed his sword, starting to strap it to his side so he could easily pull it out when he needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Midnight listened to Star explain himself. Though at first she was trying to roll his eyes at him for stating the obvious, her mind was quickly changed. It made...far too much sense actually. If they wore their armour, they'd be safer in fights, but surely be caught and forced to fight...But if she didn't wear her armour like Star was doing, then perhaps they could avoid being seen at all...

"You're...Huh....damn" she says, half to herself as she dumps the chest piece she was putting on, back onto the ground, instead simply grabbing her belt and strapping it onto her, her sword and daggers attached onto the belt. She looked over at Star, shaking her head slightly before booping him on the nose gently.

"Ya know Stary...you ain't that bad. I owe ya, so don't get caught..." she says with a smirk on her face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:18 am

Star observed Midnight's reaction closely, smiling once he finished pulling his sword on. "I'm....handsome? Amazing? The best stallion you've ever met?" He snickered to himself, shaking his head a little. He was completely joking, trying to loosen the mood for what they were going into. He paused and blinked as she booped him on the nose. He scrunched up his nose slightly and looked at it. He opened his mouth to say something to her but was cut off by her calling him Stary. He froze, staring at her, his expression unreadable. He closed his mouth and looked down slightly. "Stary..." He muttered quietly under his breath. He then shook his head and looked back up at Midnight, smiling. "Don't get caught eh? Oh fine. I...promise not to get caught if you don't." His smile wasn't really a genuine one. It was more forced then anything, used as a facade. "Shall we go then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Midnight raises her eyebrows at him calling himself several things, though one of those wasn't wrong, like hell she'd be the one to admit it to his face. Still, a small smile snuck itself onto her face, at least he had a sense of humour. It wouldn't be boring, that's for certain.

She then turned to focus on herself, not aware of his reaction to her boop and his, in her opinion, nickname. She was double, and when that was done, triple, checked her equipment was on safe and secure, not wanting any issues with it if they were needed.

She heard his comments about not getting caught, a smirk trickling onto her face as she turns to face him "Well then, i'd better not mess up" she laughed lightly, at least they were getting along. She saw his smile, and returned one to him, however, hers was genuine. She nodded her head at his suggestion, exiting the tent quickly before turning around to him.

"The data from the other scouts suggested the hive is in a series of caves inside one of the mountains ahead of us, and there might be guards out in the woods. Bbbutt, its all just theory at this point, they didn't give us much actual information to work with, so my best guess is as good as yours.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:37 am

Star looked at her laughing and relaxed into a genuine smile. He chuckled slightly at here, shacking his head. "Yeah...Don't mess up." He let her go out of the tent first, following close behind her. He listened carefully to her as she talked, his eyes scanning around them for a moment in case something was watching them. He nodded slightly, putting on a serious face. "Well a theory is better than nothing I suppose. Let's get going towards one of the mountains then. We should move swiftly and quietly. And also keep our eyes and ears peeled for anything. That sound like a plan?" He asked as he started walking forward, looking back at her as he walked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:08 pm

Midnight fidgeted with her hair listening to Star make his suggestions. What he was saying made sense, move in where they might be, and move from there. She nodded her head in approval, before looking out at the woods. A shiver raced through her body, although she wouldn't admit it.

"Sounds good to me..." she says, taking in a deep breath to calm herself "You..you ever killed a changeling before?" She asks as she started walking. Why she was asking was mixed, part of her was curious, the other was she just wanted converstion, something to distract her from the mission ahead of her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:03 pm

Star raised an eyebrow at her as she fidgeted with her hair. He slightly frowned back shook his head and turned forward, going to a somewhat swift trot, his eyes flicking around and his ears perked. He didn't pause a moment when Midnight asked her question. "Well that question popped up out of the blue." He commented, glancing back at her for a moment. "Have I ever killed a changeling...No. I haven't. And truth be told...I don't want to if I don't have to." He said simply, shrugging a little. "Umm...Have you killed a changeling before?" He asked, turning her own question back at her. He really only asked because she did the same exact thing he would have probably done, come up with some random question and ask it to start a conversation. Of course, the talking was distracting him slightly from his looking around and watching everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Midnight glanced away from Star at his comment about her question, while true it came out of nowhere, it was something. Part of her curiosity getting the better of her, and part of her already finding the forest unnerving and talking in an attempt to calm herself down. Still, his answer made another question come up, which was had he killed anything? But she kept it down, now wasn't the time to be asking.

She shook her head in reply to his question, taking a look around and not spotting anything that shouldn't be there, the mountains still some distance away, but getting closer as they walked. "I wonder, Stary, why would they be, here? Shouldn't they be like, attacking Canterlot, not hiding underground?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:01 am

Star looked down at the ground when Midnight called him Stary. Why did she continue to call him that name...He hasn't been called that name since...since he was a colt! For now he wouldn't think much about the little nickname, focusing on the task at hoof. He was curious about her next question for him though. She did have a point though...Heck if he knew why they weren't attacking Canterlot. "Good question. Maybe they learned from last time not to attack us. Ooor, they just want to be left alone and us ponies are trying to get rid of them." He shrugged a little. He honestly didn't know truth be told. "You know they could also be planning something big, something that will take us all by surprise. The latter I really hope isn't true." He said the last part quickly after realizing what he said. "Your guess is really as good as mine."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:56 am

Midnight, once again, failed to notice Stars reaction to the nickname she'd given him, as they walked forwards. Listening to him, it could make sense. If they were holding back, pooling their resources and making an army to attack the capital, it would be an all-out war. Although, the alternative could be just a valid, they wanted ponies to just leave them alone. Either way, they had a job to do regardless of which one it was.

"Well, lets just hope it is something so we get to leav...." Midnight froze in place, her eyes trained in ahead of them as a frown sneaks onto her face. Why was it dark? The area around them was darker, as if it was late afternoon, yet she was certain they couldn't have been walking for that long without noticing, surely?

"Stary...is it just me, or did it become dark really quickly?" her voice was softer now, quieter, almost as if she was afraid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:19 am

Star slowed to a stop just as Midnight did. His eyes flicked around wildly, looking for signs of something, anything. He hummed to himself for a moment. "Yeah...I noticed it get dark too...And not much time should have pasted yet..." He said quietly, glancing back at her. He had noticed her voice and how almost afraid it sounded. That tone was all to familiar to him. He frowned slightly before shaking his head. "Come on...Let's continue." He said softly to her, resuming his walking. However, he did draw his sword and held it at the ready. He didn't know what was going on but better be safe then sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Midnight slowly nodded her head, something felt wrong. No way it became this dark this quickly, did the Changelings have something to do with it? A shiver raced over her body before she could stop it, and quickly grabbed onto one of her daggers, finding comfort in the weapon in her hand. She stuck very close to Star, finding comfort in his presence beside her. That's when she spotted it, a flash of green eyes behind a tree to their left, causing the Thestral to freeze up completely.

"S-stary......" she whipered "I think...we're surrounded....look left..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Star's ears perked up at Midnight's whispering, causing him to stop. He flicked his eyes to the left to look at the green eyes, not even moving his head. He stood there for a moment before sighing, turning his head and looking at Midnight. "It would seem we are...Sadly." He shook his head, looking to the left of them. "We know you're out there changeling. Come out and face us. We don't bite." He grinned to himself, his eyes flick everywhere for any signs of more Changelings. If it was just one changeling they could probably handle it...but he doubted it was just one changeling. He didn't want to admit it yet but they were in a bad situation right now, but he'd be damned if he wasn't going to look confident...Especially since Midnight seemed scared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:41 pm

Midnight looked at Star shocked, they could have been surrounded by who knows many lings, but there he was calling them out and even taunting them! Either he was really brave or really cocky. She tightened her grip on her blade as from behind the tree, a single changeling came out. It looked like any other changeling. The Green eyes simply staring at the guards unafraid.

"You should turn back now" said the male Changeling simply, his voice detached of all emotions "Whatever you seek, it is not worth it. Turn back or suffer the consequences from the Master"

Midnight looked around them, but either they were very good at hiding or this changeling was really alone, leaving many questions to the Thestral. Was it really just a warning? If so, then they'd have to ignore it. Orders were they had to find and survey the hive, and part of her wanted to know what this master creature is. However'
, in her own mind, she didn't reply to the Changeling a day was seemingly staring off Into nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duo of the Night   

Back to top Go down

Duo of the Night
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next