A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 
 

 Darkened Horizons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:13 pm

Well, not the worst piece of garbage I set foot on.
" Well, this is... quite a veasle you have here." I been in graveyards that smell better then this.

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy, Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

avatar

Posts : 2102
Join date : 2014-03-19
Age : 21
Location : That one tiny country noone knows about.

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Naina did the best in her will to not cover her sensitive nose. She worryingly looked around the ship from where she and other adventurers were standing, trying her best to not look disgusted and disappoint Cynder even more. "I... uh..." she began, wondering what to say to not displease the mare. "Have you not.. attempted to do anything about the smell?" she carefully asked. At this rate, she would preferably sleep at least on top deck or tied safely and comfortably next to the ship. She was the creature of the ocean after all.

____________________________
Consoles were a big mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pyroman33



Posts : 352
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 22
Location : stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:42 am

pyro looked around the boat and his fellow adventurers with a dissmayed look untill he closed his Eyes as he felt the smell came to his nose, his body shiverd att the stench, not wanting to get the crew and cynder on thier bad side.

he opened his Eyes and didint say anything that would dissapoint cynder untill he Heard naina speak upp about the smell, being glad that he wasint the one who would bring upp the subject and nodded when she asked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-05-26
Age : 19
Location : Leading Trot

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:06 pm

As soon as Civviq smelled the stench, she reeled back as if she had encountered a brick wall. "Woah! What-" She coughed a bit and waved with her hand in front of her nose. "Whew... that's one smell I probably won't be getting used to..." she murmured as she looked around the ship at the crew. She sighed. "Well, at least I know where it comes from." She sighs. "Hopefully, once we're at sea, the stench will be blown away by the wind." She nodded to herself and walked further, trying not to get any splinters off of the wood. They really looked big enough to go through her boots.

When she spotted Cynder, she smiled awkwardly. "I-it has? How interesting..." She turned away and walked towards the edge of the ship, slightly nauseous, but she was determined not to give up by just a little stinky smell. She walked towards the railing of the ship, looking out over the bay, trying not to get in the way of the big, intimidating, big, stinky diamond dogs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
Star Sentinel

avatar

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2014-03-19
Age : 17
Location : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:54 pm

Jam paused and sniffed the air, humming to himself. He didn't really seem to have a negative expression as he smelled the air. He took of his hat and raised an eyebrow, looking at the diamond dogs. "Hmm...Curious smell, curious crew..." He looked at his acquaintances with a raised eyebrow. "This is bad? Yesh. I've smelled worse then this." He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Eh. It's for adventure so we should push through the smell." He he said, smiling as he looked at Cynder who was wearing a sailor's hat. "Heh. Cool hat." He then watched Civviq walk towards the edge of the boat, slightly frowning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

avatar

Posts : 1082
Join date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Suddenly, the ship's sails would drop, causing the the masts to creak as they caught the wind and pulled the ship away from the dock. There were a few calls from the crew and it seemed that the journey was finally underway. Cynder made her way to a hatch on the deck and pulled it open, revealing a wooden stairway bellow. "I'll show you guys where you'll be sleeping." She said, walking down the steps and hanging her hat on a hook.

Below the deck was the living quarters, bunks built into the bulkheads and hammocks hanging in stacks of three between posts. Cynder walked down what looked to be the main path through the beddings until she reached the stern of she ship where five empty hammocks lay waiting with a set of blankets and a pillow. Surprisingly, the area didn't smell like the deck did. The air seemed to be fresher in fact, lacking much of the strange smell. "This is where you guys will be setting up. You can decide who gets to sleep where. If you need anything, I've conviced the captain to keep his door open if you have any concerns. And I'm always available of course. Oh! And if you get hungry, the galley is just through there." She points to a set of double-doors on the opposite side of the living quarters.

"And just over there is where I sleep." She says, this time pointing to a wooden bunk built into the nearby bulkhead. It was very clearly different from the rest of the bunks. For one, the sheets looked too clean and colorful to have belonged to the crew. And the large sword that lay on it that took up nearly the whole length. How the peppy earth pony could wield a claymore such as that was a mystery, but it was hardly of any importance at the moment. "So, feel free to wander around the ship all you want. Just try not to get in the way of the crew while their working. And make sure to make some memories!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Gale followed the earth mare down below and to their beds or hammocks. 
"Thanks Cynder, It up to you guys what bunk you all want I'll just take what ever leftover. But for now I'm going to grab my self something to drink." Gale readjusted her backpack before going threw the Gallery doors.

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy, Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

avatar

Posts : 2102
Join date : 2014-03-19
Age : 21
Location : That one tiny country noone knows about.

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:06 am

Naina felt uneasy when Cynder invited her and the rest of the adventurers below the deck. It was almost obvious that the majority of the stench was coming from down there, making her hesitate to go down there. She ended up deciding that she'll try to live with it, and if that won't work, spend the majority of time above deck. When Naina finally climbed down, she was very surprised that the stench has almost disappeared down here. She silently listened to what Cynder had to say before looking at the hammocks. "Well, we can't be picking forever." She said before plopping her heavy backpack on the hammock furthest away from the ones where the crew slept. After she picked her own hammock, she stretched (or as much as she could with her height) before sitting down on her hammock, testing the softness of the blankets.

____________________________
Consoles were a big mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pyroman33



Posts : 352
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 22
Location : stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:02 pm

pyro reluctantly followed the Group down bellow deck holding his nose, though he was slightly hesitant on following att first because of the smell, thinking that its there where its coming from, though he was relived that it was not so and let go if his nose to breath the much cleaner air.

listening to cynder as she lead them to thier hammocks, pyro Went to the hammock that was closest to the galley of the five empty hammocks and put his backpack there and layed on it, resting a bit Before he head to the galley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-05-26
Age : 19
Location : Leading Trot

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Civviq looked up, seeing Cynder and the rest travel down. She frowned slightly; wouldn't the stench be even worse down there? She reluctantly decided to follow them - and blinked a few times, confused and amazed, as she found that that wasn't the truth. She sighed relieved and walked towards an empty hammock, putting her backpack on it.

She chuckled slightly. She'd never had the chance to actually sleep on the hammock so she decided lay down and test it. She carefully sat, and slowly - but wobbly - laid down. She sighed as she found it was actually quite comfortable. She sat up - a bit too fast - and fell face-first on the floor with a yelp. She sat up, seeing stars for a bit - but she wasn't hurt too badly. She managed a slight chuckle before she got up again, trying to decide what to do next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
Star Sentinel

avatar

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2014-03-19
Age : 17
Location : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Jam paused as he saw the others going down below deck. Sure he said it wasn't that bad but....He would rather be caught by royal guards then sleep below deck where it's probably more stinky up on top. He sucked in a breath of air and sighed slightly, following behind everyone else. When he got below deck, he had to raise an eyebrow at how it wasn't as bad down below deck. Well looks like he found where he might be staying for most of the trip to the floating islands. He hummed for a moment before shrugging and taking a hammock at random. He took of his backpack and set it down on the ground beneath the hammock before sitting down on it, stretching. He then winced when Civviq fell on her face while trying to get off her hammock. "Yikes...You alright there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

avatar

Posts : 1082
Join date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:53 am

As Gale would pass through the doors to the galley, he would be met with the smell of something cooking, and a throaty, masculine humming as the clinking sound of pots filled the air along with the surprisingly pleasant smell. The galley itself was set up just as a small dining area, wooden tables and chairs that looked to be bolted to the floor to keep from moving. Within the kitchen area itself stood a large figure, much too big for the small cookware with which he prepared the next meal for the day. He was a muscular, red Minotaur, whipping something up in a back pot that was dwarfed by his size. He takes a tiny spoon and, between his delighted hums, gives the brew a taste, before adding a bit of yellowish powder to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cynder eeped out loud as Civviq fell and immediately went to help her up. It took a moment, but she got Civviq on her feet and made sure she was alright before going to sit in her bunk, removing her armored pieces and setting them aside before she takes to writing in a small journal.

(feel free to roam about the ship, talk to Cynder or whomever and do what you like for the next couple of updates.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-05-26
Age : 19
Location : Leading Trot

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:31 pm

Civviq chuckled more. "I'm okay, I'm okay..." She smiled at Jam and Cynder. "Just a little clumsy, that's all." She carefully sat down on her hammock again, careful not to fall. "Well, this is the first time I slept on a hammock, after all... or on a ship... or on a hammock on a ship!"

She chuckled and sighed slightly. "This should be fun..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:15 pm

As Gale (who's a she) walks in to the gallery. Kind of surprise to see an Minotaur and not a other diamond dog. an Minotaur cook? that rather cool, wounder if he specks in third person... or am i being a jerk for thinking that. "Evening chef, may I ask what your cooking their?"

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy, Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

avatar

Posts : 2102
Join date : 2014-03-19
Age : 21
Location : That one tiny country noone knows about.

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Naina lied down in the most comfortable position she could to see if she could fit in before jumping out of it and looking around. She made her way outside, attempting to ignore every diamond dog on the boat on her way to the ship's bow. When she finally reached it, she stretched her limbs and looked ahead to the sea, pondering what will this adventure be like and if they will find what they're searching for.

____________________________
Consoles were a big mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pyroman33



Posts : 352
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 22
Location : stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:47 am

pyro was laying in his hammock, liking how it felt and started to dose off a bit untill seeing Civvic fall off her hammock, chuckling lightly att the sight and streched himself as he sat uppright to put his stuff Close by, only for him to lose ballance as his hammock moved under him and caused him to yelp a bit as he landed on his back on the floor with a thud, groaning "thats what i get i guess...".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

avatar

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2014-03-19
Age : 17
Location : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:34 pm

Jam smiles more at Civviq. "Okay then. Reminds me of my first time sleeping on a hammock. Except with more flailing around and less falling...Okay maybe a bit more falling then I care to remember." He tapped a finger against his chin before shrugging. "Eh. You get use to it though. Traveling around makes you get use to lots of things...Like going hungry." He paused for a second, staring out into nothing for a little bit before quickly turning his head towards Pyro as he also fell. "Hehe...As for ships....Yeah first time being on a ship too." He shrugged, standing up for a moment to take of his backpack and stretch his bug wings before returning to sitting down on his hammock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

avatar

Posts : 1082
Join date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:28 am

Cynder grins at Civviq and Jam from her journal. "You'll get your sea legs soon enough." She encourages. "Just give it a couple of days and you'll be used to the movement of the ship." As if on queue, the deck did start to sway back and forth, two and fro as the ship got out into deeper waters. "I wouldn't leave out anything that could roll away."
-----------------------------------------------------------
When Gale spoke up, the Minotaur, turned to see who was there, his humming not stopping until he decided to speak. His face was severely scarred, one of his eyes almost completely whited out, though it seemed to focus on his visitor the same as the other. "G'mornin', fair lass!" He says with a deceptively bright smile. His voice was deep and growly. "I happen to be brewing up an old family stew for today's dinner. He grabs a small bowl and a spoon, appearing even smaller still compared to his large size and pours a bit of the stew, leaving it on the nearby counter. "Go on, give it a taste. I take it you're one of Cynder's so called 'adventurers'."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Most of the crew would ingnor Naina's presence just as much as she ignored them, save for the few who questioned to themselves what a shark was doing on the ship, rather than in the sea. Her moment of peace would be interrupted as a smaller dog dropped a bucket on the deck and started mopping near her while mumbling to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:47 am

Gale smiled at the minotaur. NEVER ASK ABOUT SCARS, normal turns to a story you don't want to hear. "Why, thank you." Gale mention before picking up the bowl and spoon. Taking in a spoonful. 
"Mmm, Lovely stew. and your right, I got Cynder invite and I figure I could get away from equestria for a bit and I might be able to get something on the isles for my research." Gale stood aside the counter continuing the stew.

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy, Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

avatar

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-05-26
Age : 19
Location : Leading Trot

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Civviq smiled. "Huh, interesting." She had imagined 'going hungry' was one of the downsides of travel, but it was never really... that close now. She looked around the boat, feeling the ship going up and down softly. She yelped as it suddenly went down violently, some of her stuff rolling around - but she was able to catch them all.

She looked up, a little green. "Eheh... sea legs..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
Xereth

avatar

Posts : 2102
Join date : 2014-03-19
Age : 21
Location : That one tiny country noone knows about.

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Naina outstretched her arms and closed her eyes before deeply inhaling the fresh sea air, letting her loose clothing wave in the wind. She attempted blocking out everything, trying to relax but was interrupted by a sound of bucket hitting the wood floor and some mumbling. She relaxed her arms and sighed, maybe slightly in annoyance, but did not turn around yet, instead closed her eyes and attempted to ignore the diamond dog doing his job mopping the ship while she enjoyed the breeze.

____________________________
Consoles were a big mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pyroman33



Posts : 352
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 22
Location : stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Pyro did lay on the floor looking upp at the ceiling for a moment untill he decided to get upp and dust himself of before puting his backpack that contained his adventuring gear on his hammock, though he had a bag still hanging on his side that was vissible while he streched himself.

With a few audiable pops coming from his back while he streched himself, he brought his arms down, his t-shirt and hoodie covering the bag on his side Before he looked over att civvic, noticing a slight green tone on her and asked "hmm..are you allright? You look a little....green"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

avatar

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2014-03-19
Age : 17
Location : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:39 am

Jam shrugged at Civviq. "Yes...Interesting...You could say that. But when you're a changeling and you need to feed on love, but you can't change...well that's a tad troublesome. So imagine a changeling who can't change, needs to feed on love, and is wandering Equestria. That would be my situation right there." He quickly lit his horn and grabbed his bag as the ship started moving, putting his hat back on his head. He hummed quietly to himself, thinking. He didn't really have a chance to fill up on love in the city and had to guess he'd be needing some more real soon. But for now he just sat there enjoying the company of ponies who wouldn't scream because he was a changeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

avatar

Posts : 1082
Join date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:09 pm

The Minotaur thanks Gale for the compliment of his stew. "Ye'll be quite busy, if'n my memory serves correct." He says. "The floating Isles are a sight. They'll provide plenty of study for anyone looking fer it."
-------------------------------------------------
Cynder tried not to laugh at Civviq. That would have been terribly rude. "Don't worry. You'll get the hang of it soon." She says, going back to writing in her journal before speaking to Jam. "Most of the crew is real nice if you give them the chance. I'm sure one of them could help you out if you asked nicely. They like to play tough, but some of them are pretty softhearted."
-------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, the dog that was mopping by Naina paid no attention to the shark as he mopped, mumbling something about "Stupid rigged game." and "Gonna get him back." He ran his mop over Naina's feet, rudely barking "Move it, I'm working here." as he continued.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jz96

avatar

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:53 am

Gale finish off the stew.  and place the bowl back on the counter. "I hope, ether way I can final get off equestria grounds for a bit. Thanks again for the stew. Out of curiosity, what was in that stew? or is it a secret family recipe that only your family should know?"

____________________________
Pick-a-mare: Sandy, Nightingale Dream Sickle and one dude: Cresent Keeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   

Back to top Go down
 
Darkened Horizons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Darkened Horizons
» Harlequin Horizons/DellArte Press
» Spagnum Moss as the planting medium

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: Roleplay-
Jump to: