OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

A New Ending

Go down 
+5
WiserOdin032402
Ician
Dragon Soul
jz96
Zen
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zen

Zen

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 11:56 pm

Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning... Anyone can start over and make a new ending.

It was known as the days of Ruin, when the very sky seemed to fall upon the lands leaving devastation, destruction, and death in mass. Though the sky's fallen destruction only served to anger the land for then it rose, striking out at the sky in it's rage. The fires and of that war lasted seven days, and only when they died did the chaos they'd spawned die with them, or at least, that is how the legends go.

What is not legend is the order that rose from those ashes, the one that guided those who survived under a brilliant red banner depicting a sword, cutting a gear and the wind alike. Those that carry said banner and brandish such a symbol are known as the knights of the Purge, and it was under their strict doctrine that peace was established throughout the lands. All who could ride the winds and fly into the sky were to have their wings bound for life, removed completely, or killed so that no threat could ever fall upon the earth again and anger the land as it had in the days of ruin. Then to complete the safety, all technology from the lands of old was to be destroyed and all new technology was to never reach a certain level of advancement so that the fires would never ravage as they had again.

But of course, wherever you have a force that suppresses and oppresses, you will have those that rebel against it and that is no different here. Horizon, a faction devoted to not only shaking off the shackles for those that fly, but also those that hold back innovation and creation, they would have the world rise again and see such as inevitable as the sun itself. It is common knowledge that the organization seeks an ancient weapon in the skies, and devote all they can to trying to reclaim it, but Purge has met them at every step and the two clash constantly but wearily, for the land's rage is still not yet sated.

Yes, where these clashes occur, the lands make it's statement as well as it destroys both side's forces without prejudice. Many have been swallowed by it, never to be seen again as it covers the wounds and scars of battles. None know what has caused the land to become so restless in these times, but all fear it's wrath and it's cryptic ways.

It is at one of these battles that our tale begins, a bloody conflict between Purge and Horizon, both sides coming to blows as they try to destroy the other and hopefully without waking the lands to the fight. Purge had found this spot first, some old piece of technology hidden in the shadow of trees, noticed only because of a blinking light near it's top. Though before they had the chance to dismantle the structure, Horizon arrived in force and so the battle began between the two. Which side are you on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome and hello everyone to what I sincerely hope to be a grand and glorious game. I'm just going to go ahead and say it because several are likely already thinking it anyways, yes there are some definite elements from the other game "Restore or Forsake the Past", but I hope to take this down a new and hopefully more active path so that it will be a good and long game with many, many pages of posts.

Some things you may need to be made aware of, yes there was an apocalypse but it's so far past that the world is mostly green again and the water's safe to drink, yes the princesses are long gone to the point where there's little to no trace of their existence as this game is far in the future, and yes the elements have been lost and forgotten aside from a few legends that predate even the legends of the days of ruin. Like RFP, you will need to specify whether you wish to be on Horizon or Purge's side with your signup, unlike RFP, you do not have a third option in this, at least not for those who wish to be a part of the game at the start.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there will be other questions, so feel free to ask them either here, through a PM, or over skype, any of the three work for me.
Back to top Go down
jz96

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 1:53 am

Have to go with Sandy on the horizon side for this.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 1:57 am

I shall sign up Dusk Hammer for this. Though he could be on any side, depending on where he was raised, I shall have him be Horizon.

Bio: Dusk came a from a family of Unicorns that favored the Horizon, and he was all too eager to rise in the defense of it when the call came. His work as a blacksmith helped arm his brethren, and now he gets to fight alongside them. His family was never all that concerned about technological advances, though they definitely care about the treatment of Pegasi by the Purge. He places a higher priority on helping Pegasi and ponies in general than saving relics.

Last edited by Dragon Soul on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 2:08 am

Oh, figure I should probably go ahead and state a few things since they've now come to my mind, and I thank those who've brought these notions to my mind.

Yes, pegasi, thestrals, griffons, and other winged being can be on the side of Purge, but they have their wings either removed or bound to them.

All players will be starting off at the base rank of their respective factions.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 4:35 am

I'm going to sign Helia up for this. (She's somewhere in the middle of the page.) Naturally, she'll be siding with the Purge.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Oh, lovely. A less depressing RFP. Let's hope life doesn't get in the way of my posting this time around.

I'll be signing up Diamond Mind for this, with reduced spellcasting but increased physical abilities. And she/he/it will be on the side of the purge
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 6:04 pm

I will be signing up Faerie Fire as Horizon.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 9:27 pm

Alright, so now to show the power level/scaling I'm expecting for this game. If your character can destroy 10 soldiers with ease, they're too powerful. Keep in mind that your character is expected to be starting rank for their respective organization, that means that the NPCs you'll be fighting with/against are at least close to your character's level of power and ability and if you think your character is powerful enough to just steamroll through 10 of them, they're too powerful.

Now, gear limitations, guns are pretty limited as well as other advanced tech since no-one's really making it anymore. Even Horizon just manages to repair the relics they scrounge to find and recover. And then when it comes to other equipment, just take a moment to consider that once again, you are a starting rank member of either of these organizations and would have similar starting like gear.
Back to top Go down
jz96

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 9:34 pm

I just going to ask what gear do I have to give up?
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 9:44 pm

The arm could stay but it'd need a downgrade, likely losing that heat ability, but the extra little compartments should be fine

The revolver would be gone, but you can keep the air cannon.

And the metal bat would just lost it's collapse-able quality.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 12:18 am

I'll sign up Zero, hired mercenary on the side of Purge, but he tends to favor the side that's going to pay him the most.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Ampera for Purge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=accenture
Zen

Zen

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Alright, I seem to have gotten a pretty good number of sign ups for this game, and I know a few of you have signed up before I added in additional things. Well, here's one more:

I have full intention for this game to move at a decently fast pace. I don't intend to let it go for more than three days without an update. If you haven't posted in that time, your character will be skipped under the assumption that they are either standing around or just silently walking with the group (if applicable). If there is a combat or action scene going on, and you haven't posted in that time frame, don't expect good things to happen unless others are around and intervene. If you do have to leave for something and have to be off for an extended amount of time, let me know so I can make accommodations where they're needed.

If you feel like you can keep up with this rate, and still wish to participate despite all the additions I've added as the sign up's gone on, then post again after this post. BTW, I'm only taking in 3-5 players and they will be chosen randomly if more than that wish to participate
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 6:23 pm

After some thought, I've decided to rescind my request to join. Time constraints will make it difficult to keep the schedule, at least for now. Any chance I'd be able to join later in the game?

Last edited by Sharp on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=accenture
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:25 pm

I understand everything and I still want to participate. As far as I can tell, everything I have up satisfies all of the conditions. I'll still be using the same character of course.
Back to top Go down
jz96

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm still game.
I prefer a fast paced game.
Still going with Sandy

Last edited by jz96 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 11:23 pm

I completely understand that time frame, Zen. In fact, most of my threads are slow, so nothing short of a natural disaster, or my computer exploding, will stop me from posting in that time frame.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 1:08 am

I will keep up.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Fast threads are quite the rarity. I'd be happy to adhere to the time limit, if it means a faster-moving thread.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 4:55 am

I'll sign up Verde Tin from the last version of this (RFP), on the side of Horizon.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Alright, so I know I've held off on starting this or anything, but those that still wish to play and are still in agreement to the conditions not only specified in the initial post, but my followup ones as well, I'll probably be starting this game in 2-3 days. Again sorry about the delay, things just got too busy there for a while.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm still up for it.
Though we may need to talk about the specifics of that over Skype.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 11:37 pm

Yuuppp. Definitely still up for it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Yay! I'm so stoked for this game! And of course, I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
jz96

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 4:43 am

Yay about to put Sandy in a world. That practically everything tries to kill her.
(How come that sound better in my head.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Ending Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Ending   A New Ending Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Ending
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: Roleplay :: Roleplay Sign ups-
Jump to: