OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)

Go down 
+3
Zen
WindyTheWarrior
jz96
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Zen

Zen

Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Shard looked up towards Dusty, or at least that was where her black sunglasses were now looking when he addressed her. So while her eyes were completely hidden, the rest of her face however remained impassive and rather blank as she seemed to be considering on how to answer the question. "I just thought we could use something sharp," Shard replied as she regarded the pieces of glass she'd bothered to pick up back on the wreck with bored disinterest. As she continued to study it though, the pieces suddenly formed together into a single larger clear sphere and then started to form small spikes all over it's surface. Whatever this was must not have been something she'd desired to happen though as Shard visibly grit her teeth together and her brow wrinkled in frustration. A minute later, the orb stopped it's quivering and returned to the completely smooth and clear sphere of glass.

Shard then let out a little sigh before leaning over and uncorking one of the bottles of liquor she'd managed to acquire from the captain's quarters. She tipped the bottle back and took a quick drink before setting the bottle back down. It would appear that at that moment, Shard suddenly remembered that she was actually in the company of another and she looked towards Dusty with a bored expression. "And what about your guitar?" She asked after a second spent looking at the other pony.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Dusty smiled as if he remembered an old memory, "Mah brother give it ta me. When we was little, we was explorin' the woods, and we come up on what looked ta be an abandoned cabin. So, we went rootin' through it, didn't find a whole lot of nothin'. Well, right as we was fixin' ta leave, the floorboards decided that it was a great time ta break from dryrotting. Caved in on us. When we got up, we was in the basement, where we found a whole lot of guitars. Ah happened to pick up an electric guitar. Ah just let mah feathers strum the strings and in no time, Ah was a natural. Must've been anyway, seeing as how it's mah Cutie Mark." Dusty shifts a little, showing Shard his Cutie Mark; a Les Paul with wings. "Mah next birthday, he give me this." He said, playing a short, happy tune. "This is what keeps me from going crazy in situations like this." Dusty said, hinting that this isn't the first time he's had to survive.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm

The crystal pony spared a glance back towards her own mark, the brightly green sliver of gemstone who's surface was only marred by the presence of a dark purple and black seeming to almost seep up from the bottom of the piece. "That sounds nice," she replied simply while turning back to look towards Dusty, the memories around her own cutie mark not nearly so pleasant. Past that though, Shard didn't say anything more, not because she didn't want to but because she just didn't know how to continue the conversation. She really was extremely out of practice with this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Dusty noticed that Shard was having trouble with the conversation, so he decided to change it up. "Want me to play a song for ya?" He got straight to the point.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:01 pm

"I am not sure," Shard replied hesitantly while tilting her head a little to the side. "I'm unfamiliar with most... music," she added contemplatively if not hesitantly. "I can't even recall what the last song I heard was," Shard went on as she continued trying to simultaneously dredge up and bury memories.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:25 pm

"Well, Ah tell ya what, Ah'll jus' play it, an' you jus' decide to listen or not." With that, Dusty let his feathers glide across the strings as he began to play. https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=FLSSQFdPsPnjHaCQblKyiywQ¶ms=OAFIAVg2&v=KSGuBNopzBw&mode=NORMAL
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 1:44 am

Shard listened quietly and with what at least appeared to be apt attention while Dusty went about playing his little tune. Only when he finished did she even stir, though her expression remained it's bleak neutrality through what she said. "That was... enjoyable to hear. Do you know others?"
Back to top Go down
Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 1:55 am

Dusty Roads gave a quiet laugh, "Sure do, I think you might like this one." Once again, Dusty's feathers plucked at the strings. https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLSSQFdPsPnjHaCQblKyiywQ&v=N8i5NLyXZdc
Back to top Go down
Cynicalwhovian

Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 1:13 am

"I'm Dust." She glared at Tytanna. "That's because I'm not a very social person." Frowning, she turned back to Sickle. "Why'd the ship crash? Where are we? How bad is the damage?"
Back to top Go down
jz96

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 3:53 am

"Hey, hey we all friends here. As for you questions, miss Dust, I'll be discussing them tonight by the fire. I rather just reimaginge the crash once then to go over it multiple times. I can tell you that the damage is bad enough that it no longer airworthy. Their three others at the camp, I came in here to first look for Anna here, then pick up some food. If you want you could join me or calm your self at the camp." Dream finished pointing her hoof down the hall she came from which leads to the outside." 
So that makes five passengers alive. who knows maybe an few straggler would come from the ship.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 5:55 am

It took a while, but as the song played on Shard's mouth eventually crept into a tiny grin. The barest corners of her mouth curling up just the slightest bit before the end of Dusty's second tune. "You were correct sir, I did like that song," Shard commented after the song ended, her tone still neutral and the smile disappearing shortly after her admission.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 6:37 am

Dusty smiled at her comment, "Ah'm glad you did. But if you don't mind, Ah'm gonna see if'n Ah can get some of them coconuts there, you want me ta get some for ya?"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:29 am

Shard silently shook her head no, and shifted her gaze back to the campfire. It was impossibly to tell where her eyes were actually focused behind those dark sunglasses she sported, but that was at least where her head was pointing.
Back to top Go down
WindyTheWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Shadow trudged up to the fire, hood pulled down. "Good afternoon, everypony." Her mood had considerably fallen since they'd seen her last, but at least it was dark now. Soon, the others would fall asleep, and she'd have the night to herself. At the very least, she could find a nice dark patch of grass to sleep on.

The pink filly's shoulders drooped, and her saddlebags rolled off onto the ground. Inside was a decent collection of dry wood that she'd found, although the size of it hinted that she'd been distracted while she was looking. She set them aside from the fire as extra, then sat with the others around the fire. Her headache was back, beating on the walls of her skull. It was a sight headache, and the ice pack she'd gotten from Dream earlier had melted, leaving her mane a sopping, fuzzy mess.

There was one thing, though, that could make things better. "Hey, Dusty? Do you know anything I'd like?"
Back to top Go down
Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Dusty thought for a moment, "Ah reckon Ah jus' might. Ah guess ya could say that this is mah life story" Dusty laughs heartily, then begins to play his song. https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLSSQFdPsPnjHaCQblKyiywQ&v=wQ5BFivMwxU

After his song ended, Dusty looked around, "if you'd like to hear another, jus' be sure and let me know"
Back to top Go down
WindyTheWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:30 pm

"Thank you, Dusty. That was lovely." It had indeed cheered her up; the song reminded her of home, way back when. Sure, things were pretty bad, but she wouldn't have traded them for anything. Those years were what had shaped her into the pony she was today. Her headache a mere pulse in the background now, she stretched out on the sand, content.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:45 pm

"I'm glad you liked it." Dusty said. He began to play a constant happy tune, so that the other ponies could listen to something relaxing, forgetting all about the coconuts.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 9:11 pm

Tytanna shook her head and frowned, deciding it's best to not try tot alk to the pony known as 'Dust, instead opting to get back to the projects she had begun working on, knowing that survival was just as, if not more important than making friends in this situation.

Project Status:
Solar water purifier, 90% complete.

Fishing Tide Pool: 10% done.

Shelter: not yet begun
Back to top Go down
WindyTheWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 1:59 am

Shadow's ear perked up inadvertently, twisted towards the mare nearby. "Do you need help, Tytanna? I'm just killing time, really."
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 3:53 pm

WindyTheWarrior wrote:
Shadow's ear perked up inadvertently, twisted towards the mare nearby. "Do you need help, Tytanna? I'm just killing time, really."

"Thanks!" Tytanna waves Shadow over to the edge of the water, "I need some help digging out a shallow tide pool big enough for us to use.  Something for the solar desalinator and to catch fish after high-tide."  She holds up the desalinator, which uses a pyramid of carefully-cut glass panes over a life saver ring to heat and gather water anfd filter it into a series of bottles.
Back to top Go down
WindyTheWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Shadow walked over to the water and got to work, both with her surprisingly deft hooves and her blue-tinted magic. A few moments later, the tide pool was finished.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 12:19 pm

WindyTheWarrior wrote:
Shadow walked over to the water and got to work, both with her surprisingly deft hooves and her blue-tinted magic. A few moments later, the tide pool was finished.

"Awesome work!" Tytanna smiled, her fin-tipped tail wagging happily. "And just in time, too!" The high tide began to slowly roll in, filling the shallow pool in the sand with crystal clear water. Tytanna set the now-finished desalinator into the water.

"That Tide pool will come in handy for fishing, and for making sure this doesn't wander off." She gestures to the desalinator, an odd contraption by anyone's standards. "And this baby will heat up water with the sun, making steam that's free of salt and any other unpleasant stuff in the sea water, which'll filter into those bottles, giving s all enough fresh water each day to stay alive. Now, we just need tog et some shelter set up and work on figuring out the overall size of the island so we know where o, and how long, we should explore for supplies."
Back to top Go down
WindyTheWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Shadow nodded. "Got it. I'm thinking we build a hut. We make the walls from wood, set a foundation of rocks, and put palm leaves on top for a roof. Will that work?"
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:40 pm

WindyTheWarrior wrote:
Shadow nodded. "Got it. I'm thinking we build a hut. We make the walls from wood, set a foundation of rocks, and put palm leaves on top for a roof. Will that work?"

"In the long term, yes, but it's getting close to nightfall, so for now, a few lean-to's and a firepit shuld work. So some thick, straight sticks, rocks, and palm fronds so we ahve something to keep the rain off at night, and we'll build a few nice huts in the morning."
Back to top Go down
WindyTheWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Shadow nodded and trotted over to the tree line, then began climbing and grabbing palm fronds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)   Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost at Sea (SFW, Island Survival, Sign-up only)
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next