A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

The Story Behind Your Screen Name

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:51 pm

The title is rather self-explanatory. How'd you come up with your screen name? Just facedesked the keyboard and voíla? Carefully thought out and considered letters? Just felt like making a screen name that describes how much MLG your characters contain?

Well, to describe my own, I am an avid Warhammer 40K enthusiast and read plenty about that subject. Thus obviously, being one of the more "good guys" type of dude, decided to make a Space Marine (Who refer to eachother as "brothers") who's name was Roga, of the Space Wolves Chapter. Eventually I began to move to other kinds of stuff and while playing 40K was on the sidelines, the lore always interested me and the internet name I have used since the days of olden Runescape have just stuck. I no longer find myself able to use any other screen name when given the opportunity!

How about you folks? Would be nice to hear what brought your name to existence!

- Prefect Xavier Lanate, from his essay "Heresy and Faith: an Introspection"

Last edited by Brother Roga on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xereth

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:01 pm

Well, DragonXneoN is what came up from years of different names, this one containing best parts of them. My very first name was Neon X-40 (I don't even know, 't was more than 9 years ago on Halo Combat Evolved demo). That name kept slightly changing, and I have always been fascinated by dragons. So I mashed those two together, and bam. I put the X in the middle to 'connect' the other two words, and since two capitals at the same time would look rather weird, I put the capital N at the end to make it seem more symmetrical.

After that, I found these forums, and my main character was my magical blue dragon called Aerv Xereth. I honestly copied that name from my romulan character in Star Trek: Online, and since almost everyone started calling me by this dragon's last name, I decided to make it my forums name.

And that's the story, folks!

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:04 pm

ӨПᄃΣ ЦPӨП Λ ƬIMΣ, IП ƬΉΣ MΛGIᄃΛᄂ ᄂΛПD ӨF ЦЯF, ƬΉΣЯΣ ᄂIVΣD Λ MΛП ƧӨ ΣDGY ΉΣ ЩΛƧ ᄃЯӨЩПΣD ΣDGΣᄂ0ЯD. ƬΉΛƬ MΛП DΣᄃIDΣD ƬӨ ƧΉΣD ΉIƧ MӨЯƬΛᄂ ΛᄂIΛƧ, ΣMBЯΛᄃIПG IПƧƬΣΛD ΉIƧ ƧPӨӨKY ПΛMΣƧΛKΣ. ƬΉΛƬ DΛY, ƧΉΛЯP, ΣDGΣᄂ0ЯD ΛПD KIПG ӨF ƬΉΣ ΣDGY, ЩΛƧ BӨЯП.

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Kind of a pun, I guess? Very very shy person (or at least was, when I first joined Fimfiction). Fluttershy. Veryveryfluttershy. I tried making a different, equally cute username on a different site; it didn't work, and now I'm stuck with it. So, everywhere else, I use veryveryfluttershy.

Well, the cutsie name isn't the only reason I constantly use this name. I also like to be reassured my online friends will recognize me should I decide to use another site and they're there, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:52 pm

Story about my screen name huh? Well to explain my screen name I'm going to have to explain how I joined this group a little. The name I contently used before I joined Fimfic at all was Rexxy1893. When I joined Fimfic, I though I'd try a different name since that name was dumb. I went with Mcbrony. Don't ask me why, I just did. Kept that name for a while, just reading stories and all that stuff. Then I saw one of OP's stories and him mentioning OC Roleplay in the author's note. I joined the group, made my first OC before there was ever a character admin and joined Very's first RP. After that finished, I joined a few more RPs. And if I remember correctly...I saw Zen's name and saw his OC was also Zen. Then I got the idea of using my OC's name as my screen name and went through with the idea.

And that is how I became known as Star Sentinel. I could probably tell you the story behind Star's name, but that's not apart of my screen name story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Time to tell the embarrassing name about how the doomande came to be.

When doom were just a little colt made he his first email, and wanting it to be something cool did he name it death and destruction, or so did he think. Because before he were done writing the mail info up did he see that the name were too long to type in each and every time, that being in the years before the invention of an internet that could remember anything at all! So the name was shortened a little bit, D.A.D... Yea I were stupid and did not listen to music else would I not had thought that it would go for just a second. That evolved into the shortening "deande", which sounds as shit, so death became doom, "doande" which also sound like shit. So there were some more letters added to it, it becoming the "doomande" that we all know and groan over today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pony-at-Arms

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:00 pm

To tell my story of why I chose this name comes from several of my early RPs where I was playing in the ancient world and in that RP I was playing a Man-at-Arms. My character took over twenty hits from several different weapons and my love of Rome Total war II. Forging a character under those two principles, not to mention the previously mentioned Man-at-Arms, created an OC characters under several different factions of the 252 BC to 100 AD. More recently I created a character to serve the Equestrian Princess Luna; a Pony-at Arms per-say. So the name stuck, Pony-at-Arms here to serve the Royalty and willing to fight their enemies wherever they fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Adept

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:45 pm

Strange place this is after looking through it but *Poof* I appear, so something about me eh? Well what can I say but I have always loved being a wizard/mage class when I was playing things like D&D or Pathfinder. Not to mention my love of magic in general it is such a fascinating subject to learn about. Anyways so the Adept came to be after several hours of playing a group game on Terra (I know terrible but I was only ten then.) So my friends played various characters but we lacked a good mage so I picked it up and was able to blow the enemies part into smithereens. What can I say, I am just a simple guy... just need some explosives, a match and some gasoline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Latin. o-o

ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:37 pm

My typical screen name is actually TheObsidianLord but when I came to fimfiction it seemed appropriate to ponify it a bit and thus ObsidianPony was made. The reason for it was The Obsidian Lord was a character from an unfinished fantasy novel I was working on.

Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:43 pm

Gather around, ye lads and lasses, as I share the tale of me old username... Actually, it's dirt simple:

Mr. = I'm a dude.

Market = My last name is Mercado, which is also Spanish for Market.

... And that's life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:46 pm

^That's a lie, we know that Market is really a princess!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Dieteticchutoy3

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:17 pm

I had a tendacy to re use Screen names for memory sakes. Originally I had Agentsixrocks(Back when I loved Generator Rex) but it got stale, my xbox username DieteticChutoy3 was randomly generated the day I got it. I stuck with to many online gamers confusion and getting lots of neat nicknames (Diet, Die, The ever popular Chew Toy and Dietetic is sorta saying it formal to me I think). Its not too great a story really..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:25 am

I've had a couple major screen names in my online time. Biggest ones have been Jhesiara Rhah and DualThrones (which is how people know me here). First one was how I introduced myself to the online world, inventing a dragon character with distinctly green scales, a white mane, and a highly scholarly disposition. When I came here, Jhesiara Rhah became Viridian Rain, a pony with distinctly green coat, a white mane, and a highly scholarly disposition.

DualThrones is pretty easy: the throne of the sun princess and the throne of the moon princess. Two thrones. Dual thrones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:15 am

Hehehe, well while I've had a handful of variations over the years because half the dang time it's taken, but Zen's been my go to for quite some time. I've occasionally had to switch it over to Zal, Zalphier, Zalazane, and Zenmeth when Zen itself was taken but to tell the truth, it started before I even really got into the RP scene. Zen was a character I created almost 10 years ago. Started off with a look, gave it a personality, powers, friends, built a world around him. Then I got into Larping and took the character concept with me. Eventually got into more general RP and still kept the character, and even now as I joined the site, it's just a ponified version of the same thing. The big pointers though never really changed, his big red pointed hat, the large red trench coat, and the personality always carried through, and when I could I brought the portal magic and scythe along too, but they didn't always fit into every RP I tried.

Still though, Zen as the screen name just seemed to fit since I used it for so long. Plus it's short, easy to spell, and fun to yell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steel Sabre

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:50 pm

...I like weapons, is that not explanation enough?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story Behind Your Screen Name   

Back to top Go down

The Story Behind Your Screen Name
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: New Members/Unfamiliar Go Here :: OOC Talk-
Jump to: