OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Smile for the camera!

Go down 
+10
DeragonRider
Orange Glow
CityLights
Robotrip3000
Civviq Writer
Alpha P
Brother Roga
SilverKaizer
Doomande
Mr. Market
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

Smile for the camera! Empty
PostSubject: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:47 pm

The point of this thread is, specifically, for the purpose of having your approved OC(s) introduce themselves as they normally would if given the chance to do so. It could be as if talking to a camera, an audience, or just playing out a small scene where you show your stuff. Again, this is JUST for introductions, not for full-on interaction between characters. That said, if you want to have an OC acknowledge how a previous one did their introduction, feel free to do so. If you want to use more than one OC you have that was approved in a single post, that is also acceptable... As for me, I'll have my own OC's say hi at some point, but for now, let's see who makes their initial greeting instead...

[Edit] Also, if by some chance you introduced a character here before that you later made notable alterations too, you're encouraged to have them re-introduce themselves. Maybe even somehow have them acknowledge their previous selves...?

Last edited by Mr. Market on Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 11:09 am

Getting herself in front of the camera runs she quickly her wings trough her mane to make it sit properly, before sending a brilliant smile its way. "Hey there. My name is Sweetcake, and I work as a bard, travelling as far around the land as my bits can take me," tilting her head thinks she a bit about if there are more to say, biting softly down onto her lip. "I do not really think that there are more to say about myself, I am just a simple pony of simple parents, being born in Manehatten and not really having any adventures or special abilities... Beside that I am told that I am a dream on the violin that is."

The mare pulling the mentioned instrument forth, striking a pose and playing a few pure notes, for the sake of the camera, before she curtsied and were on her way, more of the world to see and experience.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 11:24 am

Taking a sit in front of the camera he adjust his hat slightly, fixing his vest and making sure he had nothing to distract him.  Smiling brightly, he turns to face the camera.

"Greetings and Bienvenue, everypony. I'm Quick Snap Buckly, or just Quick. I'm a photo journalist who works for a paper called "The Bale". It's a nice job, and I get to travel to many interesting places and meet some pretty amazing ponies." Stopping for a brief moment, he lets out a small cough before continuing. "Sorry about this. I'n usually on the other side of these, hehe." He said with a weak chuckle. "I really don't have much more to say. And, I really should be getting ready. I have a train to catch, so...Bye for now."  With out another word, he rose from his chair and left the room.

Last edited by SilverKaizer on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://onxykaizoku.tumblr.com
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin
Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 11:51 am

"Hey camera-pony, down here!" The camera quickly adjusted itself to show a breezie sitting on the chair that was clearly intended for ponies.
"So hello! Name's Peanut! I'm a breezie, in case you didn't notice. I'm a sidekick to ponies and called Peanut because I was rescued by this kind red-caped unicorn called Sugary Market. I mostly just stumble around, doing stuff. I sometimes even have some bits to spend. Only one at a time though, those things weigh a ton!" He then motioned the camera pony to come closer. Closer. Just a bit more. Then Peanut whispered. "Also, if you show up in the chat room, I might be there so stop by and say hi! Also avoid the panther. He eats people."

The camera pony had no idea what that meant.
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 5:43 pm

"... I just... Speak to the camera?" The camera nods a bit, having to adjust upwards a bit to compensate for the kirin's height. "Right. *ahem* I am Queen Chief Nuria Wintersbane. I rule a country where kirin and dragons coexist in harmony." She says, regally placing her claws on her chest. "I love to spar with my commanders and and spend time walking my kingdom to ensure everything runs smoothly." She makes a 'smooth' motion with her appendage then places it back down.

"Feel free to send inquiries about myself through the post. I'll do my best to answer them when I can. Oh, and just to make this clear, since everyone seems to want to know, I am single and available to any worthy males out there. Keep in mind that I prefer those of a kirin nationality."
Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 6:44 pm

Civviq sat down in front of the camera, adjusting her scarf nervously and pushed her glasses a bit higher up her nose. She cleared her throat and smiled shyly.

"Sooo... yeah. My name is Civviq, and I work in the Library of Leading Trot." She chuckled, a bit more at ease. "I love books, and my job at the library also requires me to fix the damaged books. I love to learn, but also to meet new ponies - though, I might be a little shy around them..." She chuckled sheepishly. "But, never mind that. I'm from Manehattan originally, and, well... I'd love to go to the Crystal Empire someday!" She grinned, just thinking about that, and stared dreamily into nothing.

She shook her head, trying to gather her thoughts.
"But, yeah. That's about it. That's me, Civviq!" She pointed to herself and smiled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
Robotrip3000

Robotrip3000

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Winter walked up in front of scene, looking at the camera. "So, I just introduce myself? Is that it?" He asked. The camera nodded, which Winter then cleared is throat. "Uh, hey! Names Winter Frost! I...don't have a lot to say other than that I'm a Pegasus that lives in Ponyville. Um, I do kind of get into trouble though. You know, peeving off kingdoms one by one looking for my Koi. But uh, I love to make friends, but my actions make it a bit hard."

He scratched the back of his neck, chuckling sheepishly. "Yeah, that happens a lot. Anyway, hope to meeting you guys soon!" He said, before leaving the same way he came from.
Back to top Go down
CityLights

CityLights

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Backstage, City looked at herself in the mirror, pursing her lips. Did she look alright? She tilted her head, and ran a hoof through her mane. She had to look good for the interview, this was her first impression, and the first impression can make or break you.

She heard somepony call out "it's time." With a deep breath, City put on a smile and walked out. The stage was sparsely decorated. She could see the shapes of many ponies in the audience, but the bright lights prevented her from seeing them in any detail. She walked over to the chair, and sat down primly in it.

"Hello everypony! My name is City Lights!" She said to the big camera that sat in front of her. "Like a few of these other ponies, I'm from Manehatten. I used to work at a bar called "The Stallion's Delight". I used to sing on the stage there... but after a disagreement with management, I left."

"I'd really enjoy meeting some new ponies here. I don't know anypony, since I'm new here. Maybe I'd like to go on an adventure, and see Equestria."

"if you want to talk to me, feel free to send me a message." City blushed when she heard the final question she had to answer. "Well... of course I'm single."

City stood and thank the audience, and then left the stage for the dressing room. "Nailed it." She whispered under her breath.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 4:47 pm

With much flailing of arms and cries of complaining were a griffin pushed onto the stool by unknown forces, her trying to get up and away trice before she gave up on her fruitless fight and did her best at finding comfort on the stool. With her plume puffed up to make her look bigger, her talons poking out and ready to strike whichever entity it was that had forced her here against her will, be that with fierce claw or drawn blade, as her tail flailed from side to side behind her were it clear as day that she wasn't content to be there at all.

With a heavy sigh turned she all of her attention to the camera in front of he, and with a scowl stared she the unlucky camera pony down. "If this is anything like the old year book photo takings at the school... Well lets get on with it so I can get my free will back and do something worth while. Name Sir Malendor Delaryn, forth heir to the name. The family coat of arms can you see for yourself," her pointing with a claw towards the mentioned coat of arm there were on the front of her light breastplate, her tapping the picture twice. "The family motto can you ask Papa and Mama about yourself if it is really needed... And unless anything else are needed will I go now."

The griffin spreading her wings and flying away like thrown by the winds of a gale just as soon as the blitz of the camera had flashed, her having as said better things to do than just sit and rest, crime did never sleep after all, and she could sadly not be watching all at the same time.

Back to top Go down
Orange Glow

Orange Glow

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 11:19 pm

The stage hasn't been used in months, and a light layer of dust covers it. An orange stallion walks on stage, whistling a little tune to himself. A broom, wrapped in an orange aura, follows him, sweeping the dust into a neat pile. The lights shut off with a loud click, leaving only the stage lit. Orange Glow looks up in surprise, and the camera raises up to focus on him.

"Hello, what's this? ...the red light means this is recording." His ears go flat, but he keeps sweeping, the camera following him. "Oh, fine. Hey there, everyone! I'm Orange Glow, local janitor and background pony. I mainly hang around, not doing anything significant, and occasionally joining in the action."

He keeps working until the stage is clean, all the dust gathered in a neat little pile. With a flash of his horn, he creates a small box out of orange light, and with another flash conjures a small tornado to pick up the dust and deposit it in the box. He gives the camera a small smile and wave, then walks offstage.

The camera stops recording, pointing at the ground again.
Back to top Go down
DeragonRider

DeragonRider

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:34 pm

The camera moves though a series of trees towards a camp where a number of tents being set up in a forest. There the camera focus on a peguses who was applying bandages on a injured pony. As a camera came closer it is soon staring down the barrel of a shotgun. The gun is lowered as the peguses looks at the camera with a mildly annoyed expression.

"I can't believe I have to do this." He puts down the gun as he continues to give medical assistance to his patient," Oh well its good advertisement for the guild I guess. The names is Volt-Opt." The camera tilts its head a bit as if to question his name," OK, that's not my real name but you are not getting it. I already have enough troubles as it is."

Volt-Opt starts to pack up his kit before giving the camera another annoyed look," You're not leaving until I finish this aren't you." The camera nods in response," Fine. I'm a Master Sergent for the Blue Lance Mercenary Guild. My job is to go into a combat situation or a rescue operation, provided medical assistance and then bugger out with whoever I can. That being said, sometimes I have to make more holes than the ones I patch up."

"Now that's enough about me now, I'm sure there are more interesting ponies or being around here." said Volt-Opt before raising the shotgun back at the camera with a sarcastic smile," Now git."

The camera finally gets the hints and quickly moves to focus on another pony within the camp.
Back to top Go down
Evening Song

Evening Song

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:59 pm

A blue pony face with a tousled blue-and-yellow mane pops into view. Happy magenta eyes appear above a wide smile full of humor, and there is a richness to the mare's voice that hints at vocal training.

"Hi hi! I'm Evening Song. Pleased to meet you!" she chirps cheerfully. "This kind of thing is fun. Let's see, what should I say?"

She frowns, and a hooftip sneaks into view and taps her chin; the hoof itself is purple and has fuzzy fetlocks. "Hmm... well, I guess I could talk a little about myself."

Her expression brightens again, and she takes in a deep breath. "I was born in Canterlot but live in Poyville now, in a flat above a florist's. I write and teach music and do occasional performances at events and clubs. I'm a gregarious extrovert who, as one pony put it, talks to monsters." Her grin widens. "But that really just means I'll talk with anypony, or any being, really, and tend to give them the benefit of the doubt."

A haunted look tries to sneak its way into her eyes, but she banishes it with a toss of her head. "That's gotten me into trouble a time or two, but so far my survival rate is one hundred percent!" She lets out a little giggle before adding, "And I intend to keep it that way!"

She steps back a little, and more of her comes into view: she is built thickly for a pegasus, has rather large wings, and her tail is long and better kept than her mane. "I have no powerful driving ambitions or anything; I'm really just a pegasus who sings and smiles a lot. I suppose I do hope to find one or more long-term loves and maybe have a foal someday, but I'm not in any hurry!"

Her cheerful grin reappears, and she waves at the camera. "That's about it off the top of my head. But if you see me around, feel free to ask me anything you want! I'm pretty open, and I love meeting new sophonts! Have a wonderful day!"
Back to top Go down
pyroman33

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:04 pm

The camera was shakily moving fast trough a rather thick misty forest near ponyville on the opposite side where the everfree forest meet to the Little Town, the camera-pony then arrived to the center of the forest to find a large lake where most of the mist came from, along with a rather nice looking 2 story building nearby in the middle of nowhere.

Movements where seen inside the building Before the main door opend and a dark blue unicorn stalion with a darker blue and dark red mane and tail came out and walked over to the camera with a smile "ahh, you came! so sorry for the inconvenience but i thank you for coming none the less" he said Before humming.

the unicorn then streches himself a bit Before looking into the camera again "right, intoduction, so, my name is cryo blast, i live here in the lake mist forest South of ponyville, or atleast i Think its South, anyway, im a prety much your everyday unicorn, a bit lazy often but adventurous and a big gamer, but im not so good with using magic with my horn, so me and my roommate use these instead for magic" he says and pulls fourth a gem with a strange sigil "we use runes for magic usage instead of regular magic" and after he said that, a human slowly started decloaking besides the unicorn with a rune glowing in his hand, roughly a head and a half taller than cryo, the camera-pony backing upp but cryo gave a reasureing smile and said "this is pyro, my roommate"

the human gave a friendly wave back to the camera "hey there, pyro here, i may look intimidating but im generaly a humble giant most of the time, even though some may not Think that, anyway, im prety much like cryo here, the only differences are that cryo here is more glutton than i am, and that we are different species, other than that, i dont have much to say realy now, but if some of you where to be in trubble nearby, we will be nearby to help out, just dont be scared of us 2 ok?"

and with some goodbyes exchanged between the three, cryo then used a teleportation rune to return the camera-pony back to the stage building.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 3:11 pm

The stage begin slightly shaking and red, glowing particles appeared out of nowhere, swiftly coming together and forming a glowing red figure of a dragon before exploding in a flash and fully materializing next to the stool. There now stood a slightly tall blue dragon.

"Ah, apologies to keep you waiting." he said to the camerapony. "The name's Aerv Xereth, though most prefer to use my nickname 'Freelancer'. I am perfectly fine with both." He said before coughing out a tiny spec of flame and made it fly around his fingers as if he were toying with it. "There is not much I can say about myself, I am a rather boring being. I suppose the only unique thing about me would be that I can use magic, and powerful one at that, along with fire breath." The tiny ball of flame left his fingers before swirling around his whole body once and disappearing into thin air. "Even though my form might not show it, I am but a gentle soul that means no harm..." he said before his red eyes started slightly glowing, the stage begin lightly shaking again. "...Unless, others mean harm to me." He added as his body began slowly disappearing into particles, soon only his head remaining. "I suppose that's it for now." he said as his head slowly disappeared, and as the last particle flew off, it exploded in a bright but harmless flash, leaving the stage free again.
Back to top Go down
BrightLight

BrightLight

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 7:52 am

Bright is sitting at his desk with the camera on his desk. He is reading a blue book, that matches his fur, with the title Alchemy and Chemistry: A Difference Between Science and Magic engraved into the hard cover in gold. Bright's head snaps to the camera.

"Hello! My name is Bright Light." He closes his book and places it down on the desk. He warmly smiles to the camera.  

"I am an inventor and chemist in Ponyville, I create inventions, and craft chemical concoctions, to make lives of all creatures easier. While many of my inventions hasn't given me that 'huge break' yet. I'm still working hard to find the next big thing to shake up the market! And I need YOUR help!" Bright points to the camera.

"I am looking for willing volunteer test subjects to help me in my scientific endeavors. That's right. Volunteer, which means you don't get paid." Bright looks at something that catches his attention off screen.

"Wha...? No-No keep that in! I need to make that clear to them....No! I'm not going through the same thing I went through last time." Bright then holds his nose, making his voice nasally.

" 'What you mean I don't get paid for you turning my nose into a trunk bluh bluh bluh.' A consent form is a consent form! Oh and don't even start me about the time that mare got liquified by th-..." Bright's eyes go wide as he turns his attention back to the camera.

"Uh...you'll cut this part out right?" The feed abruptly ends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smile for the camera!   Smile for the camera! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smile for the camera!
Page 1 of 1