A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Other Stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:46 am

Ponies carry on their conversations, play their games, and make friends.

All at once, the lights illuminating the park start to dim, and torches ignite themselves around the central stage. A figure clad in a midnight-blue cloak steps forward from behind the curtain, and even though there seems to be no microphone, you all hear his whispers perfectly.

“Welcome, everyone. I’m hoping you find all the festivities to your liking! I’d just like to take a moment to introduce myself, and answer a question that I’m sure a few of you have been wondering.

“I am Starbreeze, and this is actually my carnival! I’m the one who negotiates appearances, contracts, sets everything up. I’m sure a couple of you out there know me already. For those who don’t, let me welcome you, officially, to the Starlight Circus. We’ve had quite a long journey, coming to you through the Griffon Kingdom, the slums of Manehattan, and even a brief interlude at the edge of the Dragon Eyres.

“Now, how were we, a lowly troupe of performers, able to set up in such a prestigious city as Canterlot? It was not easy. Admittedly, some bits had to trade hooves. And more than one small… implication had to be made.

“But now, that’s all behind us.”

An eruption of flame shoots up around Starbreeze, obscuring him in bright light. When the flames clear, you see a dark blue stallion, with bright yellow eyes, standing in the center of the stage, somehow unphased by the fire.

“Now, it’s time for some of Equestria’s finest to see what it’s like to be shunned, and to be the outcasts.”

From behind him, a bright light shoots into the sky. As it rises, its shines brighter and brighter, until even when you close your eyes, you’re unable to see anything through the intense white light. You try to cry out, but you grow lightheaded, and stumble over.

---

You wake up, and you realize it’s daytime. But… you’re nowhere near the mountain of Canterlot. You see almost nothing, for miles, except for a distant forest to the east and a stack of smoke rising over the horizon to the north.

Around you, there are strange remnants of the carnival. The carnival's workers, from the strange owner right down to the cleaning crew, are nowhere to be found. Each building, each tent and exhibit is still there… but the fabric of the tents is withered and cracked, tattered and aged. The stage is crumbling and falling apart, and the rides have crashed into the earth.

You all seem to awaken at the same time, and as far as you’re aware, no time has passed; you don’t feel like you’re waking up from a long sleep, more like you slipped and are standing back up.

You look around. What do you do?

Last edited by Cynicalwhovian on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:51 am

A lime green unicorn mare shakily stands up, looking around before calling out, "Is everyone else alright?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeatieBelt

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:06 am

Helix rises to his hooves, shaking the ringing from his ears. "I'm fine, let's check these others." He scans his surroundings and checks for his saddlebags.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:19 am

Dust gets up slowly, looking towards the others. "Anybody hurt?" she calls, her horn glowing pre-emptively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:31 am

Half buried under a pile of rubble, a battered-looking Changeling gains consciousness. He looks around for a few seconds, before realizing something - he isn't disguised. He frantically fires up a disguise spell, and in a flash of green light the bugpony is replaced by an average yellow mare with a blue mane. Hoping nopony saw that, the Changeling pushed some of the wreckage off itself and rose to its hooves, looking around and generally faking shock while it decided on a decent voice for this disguise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:58 am

Dust saw a green flash under a pile of rubble, and then saw a mare climb out of it. Her mind flipping between a state of 'oh shit it's a changeling' and 'oh shit it's hurt,' she immediately trotted in that direction. "Ma'am?" she called, knowing better than to alert it that it had been discovered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:00 am

Nicole turns to face Dust. "Did you find someone?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:01 am

Dust nods. "Hurt pony over there. I'm a doctor."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:12 am

The totally-a-pony spoke in a faint voice as 'she' staggered toward Dust. "Oh thank the Princesses! I thought I was alone out here!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:16 am

Dust approached the 'mare' quickly,leaning in to whisper something. "I don't suppose that flash of green light was a glowstick?" she hissed, her horn glowing. "I'll still heal you, but you'd better not try anything."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeatieBelt

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:22 am

Helix trotted over to join the growing group. He noticed Nicole first and approached her. "Oh thank Luna you're okay! Have you seen our little friend anywhere?" He dusted off some chunks of rubble from her back as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:57 am

The 'mare', after thanking Dust profusely, trotted off to join the others in their little group. Remembering that these ponies were social creatures, the Changeling decided to talk to a blue stallion with a yellow mane and, strangely for ponies, a beard. Even though he was already talking with a pony who might've been his marefriend.

"Hey", 'she' interrupted. "I don't s'pose you know anything more about this than I do?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicole Evermore

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:43 pm

The green mare floats some debris out of her hair, looking over the 'mare' that joined them. She then turns to talk to Helix. "I don't think so, Helix... I hope she's alright... This is all incredibly unus- Oh no! My manifestation... Sigh... there goes tonight's profits..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:42 pm

Dust follows slowly. "Y'dont want me to heal you?" she asked the changeling as if nothing had just happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:59 pm

The 'mare' abruptly turned to face Dust and leaned in, far too close, to talk to her. "No. Frankly I'm figuring out as many ways I can to get rid of you if I need to, which'll be if you say anything about me. Okay? Okay."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Dust narrowed her eyes. "I don't plan on doing so, threats or not. Why would I want to? We need to get ourselves organised."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:11 pm

The Changeling was confused by the idea that a pony might not want to kill it, but it gave Dust the benefit of the doubt. "Glad we're on the same page." The 'mare' suddenly perked up a little bit, in a well-rehearsed demonstration of fake optimism. "So... Dust, right? Where ya from?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Dust's expression quickly returned to neutral as well. "I'm from the Crystal Empire. It's a long story."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeatieBelt

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:43 pm

Helix grimaces at Nicole. "Sorry to hear that, but I think we have bigger problems at the moment than profits. Come on, if you're uninjured we should start looking for any other survivors. There could be injured about."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grunkle_Dan

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Fuse is wandering around, dumbstruck by what happened. He calls his brothers names desperate to see if they are unharmed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:19 pm

The disguised changeling noticed a stallion wandering around the wreckage, shouting out various seemingly random names. It saw this as an opportunity to avoid making up a name, at least for the time being. 'She' ran over to him, feigning a look of concern. "Are you alright? You looking for somepony?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grunkle_Dan

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Fuse was startled by the changeling, and staggered back slightly. Was it friendly?

"I...I can't find my brothers... "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:49 pm

Dust frowns, following the changeling. "Whwre did you last see them?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grunkle_Dan

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:14 pm

"We came to the fair together but we superated at the entrance"

Fuse raises a hoof over his eyes trying to take everything in.

"Do you know what's happening?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

She shakes her head. "Not a clue. Their horror attraction was realistic, think this is some kind of trick?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Stories   

Back to top Go down

Other Stories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next