A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:12 am

Waiting on the Mistress formed creature to be done with its own letter sat the golem itself carefully down between the many maps, making sure not to sit on any of the paper, knowing what a bad thing he was when it sat on The Almighties paper, both the Shooing of Shame and even Lifted Eyebrow of Doom being the reward for such behaviour. Turning its body to and fro, its legs laid on top of each other, looked it around and studied odd Creator and its sturdy. It was much much more airy and orderly than the Empress of Shadows sturdy, even if it never would admit such a thing were it able to speak like the Gods were, the Omnipotent Mage's sturdy being so dark and moody, it looking just as Master left it for her.

When the Caramel Sage were done with the letter waited the clay figure with outstretched arms and an attempt to mimic the odd thing that the Caramel One were doing with its lips. It was first when it turned around to leave that it was able to see what the Fantastic Caramel were doing with all the papers there were spread around on the table, them being complex runes of guidens! It know those, having been given a little bit of the gift of magic and knowledge as well from The Greatest and Most Powerful One, so it was not hard for the little clay man to see that there was something wrong, a circle missing in the bigger picture! Running with great speed over the table stole the messenger a pencil before the Caramel Sage could act, and drew the missing circle to help out before it ran away in great haste to deliver the message on its back. It leaving behind a line there encircled the capital of the frozen north, the Crystal Empire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Sugary still didn't quite understand what the golem was trying to say as it spoke to him, but it didn't seem like a bad thing at all as the creature began to go about its way. He would have kept looking over the map, but the sudden about-face of the golem got him curious. "Hm...? What...?"

And boy did he get a sudden surprise when it jumped onto the table again and drew a circle before scurrying away, as he briefly thought the golem was about to mess up some of the coordinates he set up by now. While he did get the eraser first by reflex, he looked at the location carefully and pondered. "... The Crystal Empire... Hmmm... Oh!" A realization came upon him that made him wonder if the circled location might have something to do with some of the study of Dark magic research in the area after the events of Sombra. "... Maybe Umbra can benefit from the trip after all...? The guardian did fix my door... Might as well pick this one..." A light smile came upon him as he decided that their next stop would take them over to the far north while jotting down a few notes.

Some time later, Umbra might hear some light movement and flow of magic coming from the deck as Sugary would, as promised, take some time to exercise in the morning along with practicing magic. Hard to do both at once for some, but he was well beyond just a rookie, and could manage just fine as if it was like breathing to him.

Once the exercise was done, he went back to his room to get the bloodied clothing, looking at it quietly and thinking of what he saw in his trip before going to the bathroom with it all, washing it by hand as well as washing himself when he had the chance to cleanse the mind, body, and spirit.

Later, he would go into the kitchen, smelling clean, long mane semi-dry and wavy, and wearing a set of red shorts and a matching red tunic as he began to boil up some water, thinking on what he could cook, and hoping Umbra might join him. "Umbra...? If you can hear me, I'm making lunch... You want something?" He really hoped his voice would reach her as he leaned and spoke over to her room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:06 am

As Sugary went trough his daily routines went Umbra trough her own, the mare pulling forth an old tome clad in scales and silver runes from her handy handbag and a quill that seemed to be made of the remains of some long dead prehistoric animal. Umbra slowly writing this and that down with a neat and orderly handwriting there were fit scholars trice her age.

After that was it feeding time for her two little helpers. As she did her magical deed did she once more use the ship as a conductor for her magic, a sudden cold wind with a hint of frost on it suddenly forming out of nothing and went lazily over the deck of the flying ship, the cold wind playing with Sugary's mane as it found him training topside.

Umbra was half away in a book as Sugary called her name, her ears peeking up in response but her head hearing nothing as her eyes scanned yet another page and some of the pictures on it, pictures of mares and stallions alike wearing intricate evening dresses donning the pages that quickly went by, each picture being drawn in the most lifelike way with the use of coal on the pages. She knew it was the right book, and so were the few dozen others there had been spread around in the room in an orderly fashion, but they were all wrong as well. For while the mares and stallions surely were dressed up for fine occasions were al of the occasions with occult undertones as well, and while she could see one or two of the dresses being half fit for a night in the theatre were she rather uncertain about how fitting those low cut cleavages would be...

It was first when the bone clad golem gently prodded her side that she reacted on the call and laid the book out, answering as she stretched and got up from the bed "Lunch...?" Have the time really gone past so fast? "Thanks, but no thanks. I would be happy thou if you could set some more hot water over." With her latest book under her left she the room, two companions in toe as she sat herself at the table to join Sugary as he ate, the bone clad golem shifting shape and form so it could support the book. The other joining Sugary in the kitchen, taking over whatever cooking project he had begun, it doing so in a rather determined manner that showed that it would fight for the space in the kitchen if needed, it setting a kettle and some tea taken from a pouch around its neck over as Sugary took a seat and allowed the real chef to take the kitchen.

"Say Sugary may I ask you a question?" came it from Umbra after a sigh and yet another closed book. "Not one of the questions," her head nodding to her bracelet with its many truths hanging in it. "Just a general one... What do mares actually wear when they go to the theatre?" The look on her face telling that it was a fully serious question that she was asking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:52 am

Sugary was amused by, though not particularly happy, that the furry golem was so dead set on having the kitchen duty for itself, though he was certainly glad to see Umbra come along to whom he smiled lightly. "Just hot water? Well, enough of it should be boiling by now... But if the furry one here insists on taking over the kitchen, I hope it knows how to make a proper potato dish." He had to admit, the golems cooked better than he did as he sat next to Umbra. He'd have to put his baking skills to the test instead.

He later tilted his head lightly in thought after Umbra asked her question. "Um... That really depends... In my own experience, women tend to wear formal or semi-formal long dresses. Clothes that might make one think they'd be good enough to decorate a room with all on their own... Not that it's a bad thing, I've seen very lovely intricate dresses... Then there's the kind were some make effort to show off their bodies with that seem like form fitting gowns... That said, I'm unsure how a Zebrafrican mare would dress around here for any kind of thea-..." It was then he fully realized what she might have meant. "... You wanna look nice for the play? Is that it? I wouldn't worry too much, it's supposed to be an outdoor ritual play as a way to call rain... Or at least that's what I think they said. In any case, feel free to wear whatever. All I can guarantee is that it's not that formal since practically everyone can come and go as they please." Despite his last words, he did wonder how Umbra would take it from there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:36 am

"So form fitting and showing the body... but not too formal then," said Umbra to herself as she imagined how that would look, and why anyone would want to have anything so tight and restricting hugging their body as prison at hours on end, but then again were there a lot of things in the books with "Culture" in their title that she couldn't find head or tail on no matter how hard she tried.

A potato dish?

Potato... dish...

One could not make a dish out of potatoes! It would get all soggy and weird and wet and just plain odd and icky to boot if one would try to make a dish out of potatoes. Silly big furball! That did just show what that giant brute of a barbaric beast knew of the art known as food! It throwing the small purse with the tea herbs into the boiling water with quite some rage and a loud plop, as it jumped onto the floor to hunt down some potatoes wielding the biggest and there fore by proxy best knife it could find, wearing the kitchen tool over his shoulder like a giant would its claymore, the small clay man no longer playing mister nice guy!

It seemed like Umbra took it rather gently, not finding what Sugary said as anything else than info, her seeming in her normal thoughtful mood as she went over and poured herself a cup of the herbal tea, throwing a half dozen or so lumps of sugar into the brew before she spoke after having taking a little sip, the frown of her face telling that it hadn't had enough time to rest, and that it was way too warm as well for her taste. "Zebracan mares, and stallions as well wear a lot of jewellery, it being a status symbol showing how much a family own." Her throwing the other dozen white lumps into the once healthy organic herbal brew. "Or they did so each time there was a big market or other events in town, so a social gathering like theatre would not be any different... no?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:45 am

Sugary looked at the hairy golem with puzzling fascination, wondering why it seemed to look flustered and carrying a knife like one would wield a large blade. "... Maybe it doesn't like cooking potatoes...? Or is it just fired up about something...?"

Curiosity aside, he was more focused on his main guest, Umbra as he listened to her input and watched her add a surprising amount of sugar into the tea. He, in turn, didn't seek to add sugar, but honey instead that he went and got, pouring some into his tea to add a subtle yet noticeable sweetness onto the bitter tea. He liked his sweets, but bittersweet clicked just right with him as well from time to time. He drank some as he gave his reply some thought. "Mm~... Zebracan is it...? And I have noticed that about clothes and jewelry at least. The wealthy sure seem to like showing it off one way or another... As for special events..." He looked at her face, and then the rest of her body purposely and briefly before setting on her eyes again with a soft smile. "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure myself what's best for when... But I suggest wearing something you find comfortable, yet isn't something you wear too often. You're a very pretty lass, you know? I'm sure you could wear a modest dress, a little jewelry, and still look very lovely among a crowd." He wasn't an expert on fashion, but he had seen many faces in his travels, females of various kinds to be sure, and he was certain Umbra was one of the prettiest of mares he'd seen, even if she had a shy, mysterious, and especially dangerous, air to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 am

With a confused frown sipped Umbra her utmost healthy and rejuvenating artistic gluten free herbal tea. You could have a pretty flower, a pretty picture, a pretty sight, a pretty... well things, but could living things be pretty as well? Mister Voice had never really used that word, beside a few rare times as they were studying magical relics of some sort or another, but she could not at all see what she had in common with those things... "A pretty lass you say?" asks she, the questioning look in her eyes clearly curious as to find out what he meant by the words, as well as the frown on her forehead was, her not at all liking words being used in new manners like this.

Having found a bag of the apparently edible earth tubers did the master chef quickly end its misery, tree mighty swings of the knife in quick succession cutting an exit so the rooty crop could escape their prison! Taking one up turned he it around, looking for green spots or stalks protruding, all good chefs knowing that the best food was made with the most fresh ingredients! And if there was something that simply yelled fresh were it a good healthy green colour and living limbs one could chop off for ones own enjoyment!

Searching them all through, twice even, found it not what it had sought, it then choosing some of the potatoes at random since the meal wasn't for anyone of importance. It coming back with its arms full of potatoes, the knife stuck to its back just as the Sugary monster had been earlier. It climbing up onto the kitchen table with no trouble at all, and began to cut the potatoes in paper thin slices, so thin and delicate that one could look trough them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:15 am

Sugary looked at Umbra somewhat puzzled, unsure why she made the face she did after making a simple observation he shared with her. "Well, yeah. Why would I lie about that? Hasn't anyone ever said that to you before...? Wait, you weren't called ugly before, were you? Cause I'd have a hard time believing that." He was half complimenting, and half stating she was a good looking mare for the sake of it. There was no particular goal to his words aside from sharing his thoughts on the matter, and if anything, the lack of hesitation in what he said could help confirm his earnestness on what he was certain was fact based on his experiences and personal tastes. "Either way, don't worry about it if you don't believe me. Frankly, I'm just glad you wanna go out and look nice..." He paused for a moment, looking thoughtful at both the mare and the golems, before he closed his eyes and spoke again. "... Listen, I know I might have hit a sore spot when I asked you what you were gonna do... Don't worry if you don't know yet. I'll do what I can to help you out while I can. So, for tonight, just do whatever you think will make you feel more at ease. We can work out the details once we get traveling, okay?" He hoped, in the seemingly sudden change of topic, that perhaps he helped inspire her to go out with something to fit a carefree mood. He might not have been contracted by her to do her any favors, but he was gonna help anyway. Money alone did not dictate his every action.

He'd also eventually look at the Chef of a golem with interest, admiring his skill with the knife, as well as respecting it. "... The cuts are so precise, it's intimidating... Umbra, what kind of life did you live to have such beings by your side...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:46 am

In the silence that followed Sugary's question were the sound of the golems cooking like that of thunder in a wasteland, the methodical chopping sounding like it was run on clockwork. With all of the potatoes chopped up in thin plates began it to gather them into bigger ones, laying the thin slices on top of each other, taking utmost care about making the potato dish equally thick at all over.

Now with a half dozen plates in greedy giant size sent the clayman one of the stoves burners up on its maximum heat, throwing one of the plates up on a pan with a rather generous squirt of oil and then right into the burning heat. Shower, rinse, repeat until they all had been cocked properly into a lovely golden colour, him laying them carefully on a real plate, throwing a dash of salty peppered vinegar onto each slice as a priest would throw holy water at an exorcism! The unholy potato dish deed had been done, but that did not mean that it had to be happy over it!

With the pride of every other proper chef took it the plate to the table, placing it in front of Sugary with its whole body just dripping "Was that it? Give me a real challenge with some real food!... Barbaric brute!" It even sending him a pair of stink eyes and a disproving frown as it ran over to its owner once more, it being quite a deed since it still was without a head. It waiting there while Umbra drank the last sips of tea before taking the cup to refill it, Umbras soft triple "no..." being quieted out by the cup being placed on the table, the mares eyes down turned, ears laying flat as she replied the three questions all at once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:22 am

The Chef Golem might have felt insulted, but Sugary's reaction would likely change its perception a bit as the stallion stared at the food-plate in awe. The ingredients themselves were nothing exceptional as he mostly had common ingredients as it was, but the dish had been served with such excellence that he was nothing but impressed. "... That coloring is beautiful... It smells wonderful... And you actually made a dish out of potatoes... If I wasn't so hungry right now, I'd be afraid to eat it... But not eating it would be an insult..." He couldn't find the right words to say, especially after he took one bite from the literal meal; It was the best potato anything he had ever tasted. He had found bliss at lunchtime as he hummed in delightful approval.

Granted, even the feeling of having visited the dining hall of Valhalla did not keep his ears and eyes from Umbra's response and look. He soon began to realize that her life probably had been either a harsh one, or a sheltered one... or both? He then smiled at her though, reassuringly. "... Well... Don't worry about it too much. Maybe you just haven't been around the right kind of crowd to hear it from? I'm sure I can't be the only one that thinks you're a lovely sight. And last I checked, my eyes work just fine... Still... If something's really bothering you, you know you can just tell me about it, right?" Soon after, he'd slowly much away again, though he paid specially close attention to anything she might want to say to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:59 pm

Sugary was once more greeted with silence as he asked yet another question, yet another dozen sugarcubes were thrown plunging into their wet grave, it being the only sound in the awkward silence shared between the. It seemed for a moment that she was about to say something, the mare taking a deep breath, sighing and opened her mouth as to speak, but ended up taking the teaspoon instead, slowly swirling it around in her drink, ears and spirit slowly raising with each round of the spoon. "No... I... Don't..." came it suddenly and rather harsh from the mare, her ears now fully raised, and her eyes raising as well, them glaring daggers at Suggary as her fist hit the table making teacup and golems jump alike.

"Stop, just stop saying weird things like that! I am your guest, yes, I am going to stay with you for a while, yes, but you do ... not... know me! Stop saying that I can come to you with all my troubles, they are mine, not yours! Stop saying stupid things like I am pretty! I am not a thing, I am a person! You have no right to treat me like He did!" Her fist hammering into the table once more to punctuate the last sentence, her two guardians sitting trying to hide behind each other, only just peeking out behind the table cloth, them waiting for Umbras thunder to end, never having seen her act like that. Panting, clearly angry but also... also... It was hard to pinpoint precisely, the other feeling showing on her face being a chaotic mix of both sadness, doubt, distrust, confusion, but perhaps strongest of all that the feeling of... well being lost.

Having gathered a bit of herself, realised she what she just had done, her then getting up so quickly from the chair that it fell behind her, the mare fleeing from the table after just having taken a split second to take a solid grip in her purse. "See you at the show... And don't follow me this time," being her goodbye, leaving both stallion and golems behind. It did only take a moment before the two clay men snapped out of it and run after her, the bone clad one sending Sugary a look of disapproval and "Really... just really..." hanging in the air, the other one taking a detour to kick the idiotic thoughtless brute of a gigantic poop headed barbaric imbecile over his shin, waving its hand after him as it ran away, yelling "BLOODY WANKER!" at the top of lungs it didn't had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:46 pm

Sugary had a feeling something wasn't quite going right with how Umbra was behaving, but he genuinely meant well towards her. So it came as a jarring revelation that she thought of him as someone that might have hurt her before in some way, as well as the fact she slammed the table after offering some assistance.

Seeing her start to walk away after her tantrum was saddening, but he was determined to avoid things from repeating themselves... after he got kicked in the leg by the hairy golem and flinched anyway, which made it clear he was currently the focus of the bad mood that took the group. "Ow! You little-...!!" He would have complained to the golem, but Umbra was more important now. Even if she had gone out of his sight, the ship was his, and his voice could carry well within its walls as he stood next to the table, and spoke with all the maturity he could muster by that point. "Ack...! Umbra!" He'd make sure she was listening. "You agreed to meet with me again here for lunch, and I had hoped we could make up after what happened earlier! Do not turn your back on me now! You'll never get anywhere running away from your problems anyhow, so what makes you think I don't have your best interest in heart? You say I don't know you, but you hardly know me either! I want to help because I can! Because that's who I am! I'm not trying to hurt you, so why do you treat me as if I were going to?" He thought to stop there, but added something else as an afterthought. "... And I'm not the least bit worried if you think it's you who's gonna hurt me!" He hoped, deep down, that she would come back and not leave him all of a sudden again. That she might actually find it in herself to sit and chat properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:13 am

"Watch me!" came it prompt back from the mare, Umbra taking the challenge up at the sound of the warcry of cried by many a teen before her, it being thrown back at Sugary with the same level of voice he was using. "I sat down at your table," came it as she stormed with haste over the deck of the ship, the two golems catching up on her, throwing their arms around her calves and hung on for their dear life as their mistress ran for the railing to throw herself over it.

"I drank tea with you as well!" The tea being especially long drawn as that was the last word she said while still being on deck, the mares arms being thrown out as wings as tipped over the rail and began to plummet trough the air like a stone, mane and cloth alike going billowing behind her almost like giant sails as she began to turn, going from laying relaxed on her back to fall like a stone with her head aiming straight for the ground, eyes closed as to trap some of the tears that she left in her wake.

It was first when she was a few yards that Umbra acted, the mare quickly turning in the air with unnatural agility, the ground under her turning dark as a spiderweb of black hoarfrost slowly began to snake over the ground like growing weed, it spreading from where Umbras shadow were hitting the ground. Had there been anyone around to see the young mare fall to the ground like that would they be screaming from the top of their lungs by this point, them screaming even higher when the weed of black frost flared up and out like a flower blossoming, the threads blooming, catching her falling body, and then not really. For while it seemed like the magical threads, the soft pillow would catch her sank she trough it, splintering it, spreading it for the wind as her hoofs touched its surface and went trough, the mare going trough both flower as well as ground. No signs of her being left beside the glistering crystals of ice there went playing trough the air
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:03 am

Somewhere deep down, Sugary felt like he had somehow just become more of an adult through the achievement of getting a seemingly younger mare to treat him like some other rowdy kids treated their parents, or rookies boasting against their superiors. A scowl slowly formed on his face, as he realized the mild epiphany that he wasn't that young anymore. "She has a point, but could she at least say it to my face!? Wait... Can she fly...?" More so than pondering if babysitters were always stressed out, he chased after her personally as he was quite aware they were still up high.

By the time he came up, his heart skipped a beat as he barely caught a glimpse of the mare jumping out with her golems following behind. He rushed over to the railing, and witnessed the event with an all too incredulous look as Umbra seemingly dropped right into... her own enchanted shadow? "Umbra...!!" He looked at the remainder of the spell she used, watching it flow away. He was unsure in every way about the current fate of the mare. He wasn't sure what to do or say at that point. All he could do was lament, and hope for the best. "... I... I just didn't want you to feel you had to do things by yourself..." Whether or not the wind would carry his voice towards her was unknown to him. If Umbra was well, he wanted her to know he cared, even if he wasn't perfect. He'd wait on the railing for now, looking down below for any immediate signs of her well being at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:35 am

With the dull quiet sound of cloth being torn stepped Umbra out from a shadowy alleyway, the mare sinking slowly down on the ground after a few steps, a thud soon sounding as she rested her back up against the wall, head hidden in her hands. She did not know why she was drying her eyes with the palms of her hands since there wasn't any tears to cry at the moment, it just feeling comfortable and the right thing to do, the two golems crawling onto her knees once more just as they had done when they were born, but this time to caress her cheeks and mane and not to eat.

She did not know how long she had been sitting there, mare and stallion alike walking right beside her, the mare first waking up when something poked her hoof. Opening her eyes saw she a foal half her size cautiously stretching a hand towards Umbra, or rather the foals ball that had ran astray and now were laying at her feet. She did not feel like it, not one bit, but when the foal shrieked in surprise and jumped a few feet in the air by surprise could she not hold the smile back from her lips. Slowly as to not scare the kid more took Umbra slowly the ball up, her studying the toy since she so rarely had seen any up close, before she tried to bounce it against the cobbles, only to find it flat and lazy and not at all bouncy.

With a little pout over the toy being broken laid she eyes on the foal once more, first now paying attention to the greasy dirt filled coat and clothing there were more patched and thread than genuine cloth. "Is this how he sees me?" thought she sourly, her first tightening around the ball, making ready to throw it away with all her force and anger. "Weak, helpless, dirty, unable to taking care of herself, needing all others help to survive, needing...".

"Hey lady, are you deaf! Could we have our ball back now?" Shaking her head shook she the foul thoughts out of her head, the foal that now had been others, younger foals, all looking to be disappointed or even mad. With a flick of her horn went her aura over the flappy leather, her finding seams that needed sewing, small holes that needed patching up, and voila, it was better than new, the foals not able to see the runes of durability that there had been sewn on the inside.

With a smile, still not having said a single word tested she the bold once more, it bouncing to the joy of the foals before she gave it a light kick, all the kids having smiles on their faces as they chased it, all beside a single filly, a dolly that lacked an arm hugged to her chest. It did not take Umbra long to figure out what the little filly wished for but was too shy to ask, Umbra getting up, brushing her rear and the rest of her clean as her two guardians slid down on the ground once more.

This job took a bit longer, the filly playing with the two golems as the spell was cast, enjoying all of the different kinds of dress up they could play, her not even needing her imagination this time around. Once more did Umbra present a result that was as good as new, the little dolly having two whole arms once more and a real dress. With the twin golems still in her arms hugged she her doll, smiling from ear to ear, before setting the two down once more since they weren't hers, turning around to find wherever her flock had ended up. "Thank you pretty lady!" the filly stopping up, waving before she was fully gone.

Looking around in her purse played the words the filly had said over and over again on repeat."Heh, that pretty lady thing once more... Maybe are there something about it,", her for once not finding what she was looking for since she never had needed an extra pair, the mare shrugging and giving her two helpers a new job to replace the old one as she threw it away.

Looking for something to eat rummaged the stray cat around in the alley as soon as the big two legs went away. It needing feeding for itself and all the kitties it were bearing inside of her. Were cats able to worry about food would it, since it hadn't found enough to eat, but being a kitty as it were did it worry about finding the most comfortable place to lay, it finding a lovely soft place, it even being lovely warm still, the feline purring softly as it went round in circles on the right spot, before she laid herself down on Umbras old skirt, peeking out on the world trough a hole there very well could be called dolly sized.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:12 am

((Search for shadows in the sunny town.))

Sugary would have spent a while waiting on the deck, looking out and about from his position for any signs of Umbra either showing up where he could find her, or returning, as well as asking those below for any signs of the mare in question, even if he did get odd looks for asking from atop an airship with no balloons; But it seemed to be a luxury as seconds became minutes, and minutes seemed to go on and on. He began to feel somewhat empty inside. "... I know some don't like getting help... But I just can't let this be..."

In due time, Sugary would set the airship back down to the ground, and proceed to make an enchantment upon it for a peculiar lock spell on his doors as he let down a ramp to allow one to simply walk into the large door by the side of the ship. It was meant to only open once a certain amount of Dark Magic came close. It was risky in a way, but as he was certain that Umbra was the only mare he knew who could use Dark Magic in the area, it would only easily open for her, or himself, as he set the runic enchantment onto the ship before it seemingly disappeared from sight should they return.

At first, he merely wandered about town as best as he could, searching in roughly every corner he could spot. He wasn't running around, but rather walking with a fair bit of haste to try and not lose any track he thought he might come across, but it seemed unsuccessful for the most part. At most though, he did get a clue from some children at least as to knowing Umbra was still in town, but the description of her clothes from them seemed to throw him off a bit.

Then, he got a hunch of where a good place to spot her might be. He considered the various places one like her might go given what they spoke off, but ultimately, he didn't go to a milk farm, nor a bookstore, nor a dress shop; He opted to go straight towards the location where the play was likely to be held, and so he headed to the main plaza to try and search for the people who would be performing later in the day, and see if, by some chance, Umbra had gone to see them as well if she was as interested as he thought she might have been. It was a longshot, but it didn't hurt to gamble once in a while...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:12 pm

With her two helpers clinging to her body at her waist, had Umbra no one to send out to look for a dress shop, so finding a shop was a longer adventure, one that made her stop up and ask for direction and dress shop advices many a time, the quest for a dress sending her walking trough the half town.

Seeing the small shop, its old wooden sign over the door welcoming waving Umbra inside, the sun playing in the silver stars that was strewn over it, grew a tilted smile on her lips, the mare knowing that the search had been worth it. After having looked at the dressed on display in the window went Umbra inside with a high spirit, her spirit growing even higher as she was greeted by the gentle music of a wind chime and an even more friendly "In a moment!", the last of her nervousness melting away with each step she took into the store, Umbra just gotten seated on a stool before the owner of the store came out to meet her.

While Umbra had quite the good memory, and eye for small detail would she never be quite sure what there had happened between the mare... no she did it again, he had been a stallion, the most feminine stallion she had ever met, the first one she ever had paid attention to had been wearing both perfume and make-up as well. None the less, she did not know fully what there had happened between the stallion had stepped out from his workroom and when she stepped out the door with a laugh on her lips and a whole new look. It had all started with him asking what kind of dress she wanted, her answering "form fitting, body showing, but not too formal", and from there had it been a chaotic tornado. Fabric samples had happened, and body measurements, and shared laughs over the most silly jokes ever, hair washing, the most peculiar things called pedicure and general fix and tricks with make-up by the seamstress that worked alongside the stores owner, just to name a few things that had occurred.

Stepping out of the store hugged Umbra the helpful store owner and the seamstress alike, wishing them all good luck with their future, their marriage there soon was to be and with their store as well, Umbra even going so far as to return the the chin kisses she was given. The mare looking like a million bits as she went for the plaza where the play soon would be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:20 am

Sugary had been asking around for a time, having managed to meet up with half of the crew setting up for the play, but there was no sign of Umbra as far as he knew so far. He wasn't worried about her so much as sad that it seemed things between them would be left with a sour taste when he didn't mean to upset her.

Nonetheless, he'd keep looking for her, having told the crew he needed some more time to consider being part of the play or not, as he began to wander the plaza once more for good measure. To his fortune, he would actually spot Umbra from the side, though he was left deeply wondering if it was the same mare or not as she wasn't just dressed differently, but practically got a whole makeover in the time she had left. He cautiously approached her, expression full of wonder yet hesitation, and only once he was close enough did he try calling out towards her. "... Umbra...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:05 am

Had been looking looking for a good while for the perfect place to sit and enjoy the show before she heard Suggary's call, a place where she would be able to be seen as well as see, since it was so important to be able to decorate a room on her own if one were to follow his words. The plaza being perhaps one of the biggest rooms and challenges to start out with, many a delicate decoration being there to shine amidst

Just moments before Sugary had found her had she stepped around a couple, the stallion sending her a quite a smile that she tried to return, something that made the mare at his arm slam her with her purse for some reason, the whole act making her think of peacocks when she turned towards him with her two golems in toe. "I wonder, how many other girls do you know that are chaperoned by a pair of golems for you to ask that question?" her tilting her head to the side, hiding half of her face in her mane as she did so. "And should you not close that mouth before something begins to nest in there?" The normally so cold Umbra giggeling at her own joke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:51 am

There seemed to be something slightly off about Umbra from what Sugary could tell, he also blushed lightly as he realized he had, in fact, gawked lightly at her appearance. He cleared his throat lightly, unsure if he should smile or not that she was right before him at last, and yet the memory of her departure was still fresh in his mind. "Fair enough... It was hard to recognize you though... Um... Is that what you meant to wear for the play...? It looks nice... You look nice... Er... What I mean is... Did you still want to see the play...?" He had more he wanted to say, but he didn't want to risk saying the wrong thing to her, lest he make her flee without meaning to. He needed to take things slowly in the busy plaza.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:37 am

"You do know that you are quite contradicting yourself, don't you Sugary?" the mare tilting her head to the other side as she asked the question, her seeming to study him a little bit, and sturdy herself as well even if she hadn't moved out of place, a light blush playing on her cheeks. "Don't tell me that the big adventure have stage fright! I have paid a good bit of gold for this dress you know, would be a waste if it all had gone too waste."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:00 am

Sugary was puzzled as to what Umbra meant, before it clicked in his mind exactly what she was talking about. He also wondered why she was suddenly seeming coy all of a sudden as he composed himself. "Er... Well, about that... I still haven't actually asked to be made part of the play. I mean, yeah, the offer is still available, and it's not a huge part or anything... It's kinda important though. I can still accept, but... The reason I didn't accept yet was because I was looking for you. Call me silly if you want, but I didn't want to leave things sour... Will you be returning to the ship later then? You're not still mad at me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:20 am

"Mister Market, I think that I finally have figured you out!" the mare clapping in her hands when she said so, that smile still playing on her lips between the hills of her cherry cheeks. "You became an adventure because you wanted answers to questions, no matter how big or small. You must feel some self doubt, you never seeming to trust your instinct full hearted, but needs insurances on all thing facts that you find. You were perhaps lied to in your youth, or maybe even betrayed by someone that you hold dear... Ohh maybe was that what made you leave the homely nest!" The mare seeming more and more unsteady on her feet, her huge arm movements that she used to give her words strength weakening her balance.

New exciting shoes with just a bit of heels was not the best thing to thing to mix with new exciting bubbling drinks, the cocktail making the mare tip over as she waved a bit too much around with her arms, her landing against Sugary's breast with a "Whoopsy" and a giggle that had the hint of the sweet scent of strawberries and champagne hanging in it. As soon as she realised who she had fallen against blushed she even stronger and seemed to get her balance, both in body and head. "I am sorry for that," Umbra's eyes never seeing into his although her head were turned his way, her walking beside him over to the spring there was the centre piece of the plaza, her throwing a dap of water into her face to wake up, lifting it up with her magic so it could be cooled down.

"As for your questions," spoke she when she was sure that he was close enough to hear her rather small voice. "My books are still on your ship, something that should have told you that I have intent to return. And me still being mad..." here did she turn, looking into his eyes this time around, hers having a light shine to them from the alcohol in her body, "Only if you have made me waste my bits on this dress. Mister Voice left me 21 years of allowances when he... took out adventuring, and while that still are fortune did this dress cost a smaller one, so don't let it be to waste, okay?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Sugary was initially confused as to what Umbra was referring to regarding his career and lifestyle choice all of a sudden; He couldn't tell if she was genuinely trying to understand him, or waiting till he pointed out what was what, which was hard to do since she was talking quite vividly and moving a lot.

It wasn't until he had to actually keep her from tripping upon herself that he noticed her distinct unfocused eyes, her flushed face, and her fizzy breath. "Oh, wonderful...! She's buzzed..." He looked at the golems that were, surprisingly, with her out in the open despite fascinating and creeping out some of the ones passing by, wondering if they never bothered to try and stop her, or simply couldn't.

Once she was finishing up her odd behavior and actually taking the time to add water to herself in her current state, things made so much more sense now it seemed. In fact, he smiled a wee bit, glad to hear that she hadn't been holding a grudge. Though his expression became more level as he also heard a bit of the so-called Mr. Voice. "Well I can assure you, I wouldn't want that dress to go to waste. I'd be happy if we just took some time to watch a play before going anywhere at least. Er, actually, I still have a chance to be in the play, but still... You'll get what you came out for. Now before I speak with the crew, let me clarify something a bit... The quick answer to why I travel is to experience, to learn, and to discover... Yes, I'm led by romanticism, but there's a purpose to it. I intend to make use of my gathered knowledge and might to become an accomplished Archsage in the future. Surely you know what magic can do, and I intend to do a lot of good with it... How exactly, I haven't quite decided yet. So being a Mercenary helps with that. Deal with problems and tasks one at a time, and pay close attention to what is asked of me compared to what it is I do to resolve it, as well as find patterns here and there for what's right and what's not... Is that a good enough answer, or did I miss something?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:31 pm

Seeing that he tried to snake away form the performance shook Umbra her head a little bit, her damp mane being thrown to and fro as she a new kind of smile began to play on her lips. "Now mister Market, get that head out of that turtle shell of yours and get yourself up on stage. I will repeat it once more, I brought this dress to watch a play , not to watch a play. So get up there and make it rain." Umbra having dipped her hand into the spring once more as they spoke, her knowing even now with her light head that he would use his attention to hear her instead of watch her, the mare throwing playfully a handful of water his way with a playful giggle.

Oh no that was no good, no good at all! First had the Wonderful Witch of Shadows drunk that wrongly smelling fizzy drink, her head being clouded by the poison, and now were she all wet and made others wet as well! It was not right, not right at all!

With worry in its mind sprang the bone clad golem away from the curious flock of zebras and ponies that had gathered around to take a peek, it finding a quick way up to Umbras purse that it opened up and jumped half into, its legs waving around in the air as it sought something. Finding a handkerchief crawled it up at Umbra, using the body showing details as stepping stones until it could reach the Night Goddesses hair and dry it, its hands skilled and gentle as to not move a single strand of mane out of place of the newly made haircut. It throwing the half damp piece of cloth over to the Caramel Sage as it was done with the Locks of Silken Mane, it sitting down beside the Magnificent Creator just afterwards, it keeping a sharp eye on the Sage as if it all was his doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   

Back to top Go down

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next