A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Umbra had half and half looked forward to a little... well it would be rather crude to use such an expression, but it were none the less an utmost fitting one, a pissing contest between the two of them so they could clean the air and move on already instead of beating a dead horse that didn't deserve it with all this outdated dark and light magic rivalry. "One of them are mine, the other is Sugary's, the third would I guess are the original one used to trap this olden king in the book to begin with. Could be Somber that did it, or someone older still, its hard to tell with things like this, all I know is that the person knew what he or she did when they trapped the king."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Shining kept marching forward, the snow didn't seem to bother him. From time to time, he did look back to the rest of the group, but for the most part he kept looking foward, his horn lit, alert for any dangers or changes. He kept following the trail he found in the tower. As they moved on, more and more shadows seemed to pop up - not unlike the ones they've encountered in the Empire. At first, Shining blinked and shrugged it off as a trick of the light, but as time went on and the sky darkened with clouds, he became more and more certain that they weren't. They didn't seem to be hostile, however, just... watching. As they moved on, Shining kept looking forward, wary of the increasing amount of the shadow creatures, ready to act if they were to attack.

~

Cadence nodded. "I see... I think that the first two are lifted easily, but we will need to be careful." She looked to Umbra. "But, the last one... do you know if, once we have destroyed the last seal, there is a chance of us succeeding in destroying the creature within?"
She smiled and easy smile, or at least, tried to. Fighting just wasn't in her nature, she preferred a peaceful solution. Of course, if she needed to, she will fight, but she wouldn't enjoy it. The flame of the lone torch flickered, letting it appear as if their shadows were dancing on the grey stone floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Seeing as the infernal heart couldn't get to her here were there nothing holding Umbra back from using her more powerfull spells, her snapping at the book and drew her hand back just after as if she were pulling in a an invisible thread. As her hand were in the same height of her ear began her seal on the book to dissolve, the magic essence that she had poured into it via her golem now gathering itself into the form of a sinister looking dagger in her hand, it being as black as if someone had cut a piece out of the midnight sky and forged it into a blade.

"Destroying, sure that should not be any problem at all, either on our owns or with combined forces," came it awfully casually from Umbra, she had six seals of power on her arm to release and draw powers from after all, and then a dozen dozens trick up her sleeve as backup after that. "No, the question should be if we can do that without inflicting distressing amounts of harm to ourselves, and if we will be able to or not to annihilate him completely, I of all should know how tricky it can be to purge such a being completely."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:19 pm

When signs of the shadows coming closer were felt, Sugary also made his Mana manifest as a glow of translucent sheet of sparkling light close around them, almost as if they were walking among tiny stars. Even if the shadowlings weren't hostile yet, he wasn't about to give them a chance to make a move without making them feel singed by protective Light magic, his face somewhat furrowed into a light scowl. "Seems we're about to crash someone's special meeting up ahead... I have a hard time believing this much Dark energy could manifest here for so long unnoticed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:34 am

Cadence hummed, slowly lighting up her horn, building up magic for self defense. She nodded. "I trust your findings..." She frowned, a bit worried. "Hopefully, we will be able to destroy it completely... without anypony getting hurt..." Still, she knew it was going to be dangerous. She had found shield spells to shield them for the hostile energy if it really came down to that. She wachted Umbra break the seals on the book, breathless.

~

Shining nodded. "You're right... it couldn't have, or else the guards would have noticed. It must have been something recent... then again, with all the shadow attacks, the attention has gone more to the city itself and not its surroundings." He trotted further and further, but slows down gradually as the shadows become so numerous, they were surrounded. Still, they didn't attack.

Eventually, they came to a small shack in the middle of a pile of snow. The shadows were the most numerous around the shack, indicating that whoever had been directing the attacks, must be in there. But the closer they got, the more restless the shadows became. They started to growl and mew and wail angrily, swirling around the shack and around them.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:14 am

Sugary had been as wary as wary could be with his spell, but once the shack and concentration of Shadow beings were more apparent, he took part of the matter more into his own hands. The conflict the night before was enough for him to know the creatures were monsters, so he didn't hesitate to pump up the spell he was using briefly to send out a short pulse of it, purifying Shadows within its glimmering range in a show of power as they protested. He spoke very sternly with bright glowing eyes as he pointed an index finger at the shack, energy concentrating at the tip of it. "Make way! That's your ONLY warning! If there's anyone in there, come out and surrender!" Translucent runic symbols began to form in the air around him quickly, mentally chanting for a rough fight if need be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:09 pm

(Guys next time I am so down in the dump that I haven't posted in a week are you two more than welcome to keep this going with a post of your own, just don't push the plot too far without me if situations like that were to happen again.)

Seeing as being civil would be better in the long run, and that the princess rather hostile and half bad attitude there had been aimed at her so far had more to do with the general rivalry between their schools of magic instead of anything personal did Umbra not throw a quip about how the princess would end up hurting herself would whatever little pain the king of the book could bring be nothing for a skilled magician like herself.

"I take that you are sure about this since you locked the door behind us, and that you are ready as well," Umbra pulling her knife out of the book, dark essence following in its wake as if she had drawn blood on the book. "Because there is no turning back now." Umbras changing her stance there up until now had been laid back to a battle stance, the blade now hold in a defensive way down her forearm while sparks began to spring between the fingers of her other hand, a bolt of magical lighting slowly forming, the static making her fur stand on end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:52 pm

The shack was half buried under the snow, but the door of the shack was free, indicating someone must have moved the snow recently. Shining Armor took a step forward, then stepped to the side. He didn't know what would happen if he opened the door, nor did he know what he would find. He wasn't even certain whether he wanted to, but it was his duty to ensure the safety of the city.

Still, he was no coward, and nor was he a fool. So, he readied his horn. "Market. Do you think you can cover me for anything that might come out of there?"

~

Cadence closed her eyes, feeling the dark energy pulling at her. She looked at Umbra with a silent message.
I trust you.

Then, she returned her attention to the book and let the dark magic take over momentarily. Her eyes turned darker until the purple smoke was coming off her eyes and a pained grimace danced over her face, trying to control it. A voice was calling, screaming to them, demanding to release him, but she couldn't give in at any cost.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Sugary watched Shining's movements carefully as he moved further along with the stallion a bit. At his question, he smiled however, energy still brimming around him. "... I got plenty more to offer, this is nothing for me. I may lack a shield insignia, but you can be sure not a single Shadow will get past me onto any of your group." To make his point more solid, he spread out his power, enveloping each member with a barrier of light aside from the barrier he cast around the group as a whole. The foreign stallion would do his best to protect the Prince of Shields and his troops well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Shining Armor nodded, and he opened the door cautiously. As he had expected, a huge wave of shadows poured out, screeching so high it almost could make ears bleed. All the other shadows that were already outside also turned hostile and tried to overwhelm the stallions that were standing there, in the snow. With a yell, Shining started to fight all the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:44 pm

((Breakthrough!))

With a light grunt, Sugary's first act against the oncoming wave was to exert his energy and fling balls of Light rapidly around them, smacking about the Shadows with a pelting barrage as he moved over to Shining little by little. "This is one heck of a welcome party! It might be a trap, but there might be a source inside we can cut off if we push through!" He'd do his best to keep the barrier and barrage up, leaving Shining to take point and move inside if he could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Shining grunted, swinging his sword to keep the Shadows away. He looked up. "There is most definitely a source in there! I don't care if it's a trap, if it will keep the Empire... Cadence..." His voice wavered. "If it will keep them safe, I'll do it!" He yelled a battle-cry and went through the last barrier of shadows before finally going inside.

It was dark in the shack, it seems as if all the light that came from outside was seeped away to a black hole in the back. However, it was hard to miss a large stature right in front of him. He was all black, seemingly made of smoke. The creature growled, and spoke - in Shining's mind.

"How dare you enter my lair and disrupt my work!" The creature lifted a hand - or what seemed like one - and a large wave of shadows erupted out of its chest. Shining grunted, trying his best to deflect the attack.

Shining yelled, trying to keep the creature distracted. "What are you? Why are you here?"

But the creature had none of it, and the voice screeched in the back of Shining's mind, making him flinch and yell in pain.
"What am I? I am shadow in the back of your mind, watching your every move! I am the darkness of the night that surrounds you when you sleep! I am your deepest, darkest fears! As long as there is shadow, I will prevail!"

The last syllable echoed through the chamber as Shining fell on his knees, his hands over his ears, howling in pain.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:00 pm

"Shine brighter, Aura!" It took some effort, but Sugary would eventually catch up with Shining and see and feel that something was wrong, caused by the dark figure further ahead. He wasted no time in charging a dense ball of Light magic over the palm of his hand from a distance, trying to defy the consuming darkness with his own power, and then launched a concentrated beam as wide as his hand right at the figure in the hopes of thwarting it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:23 pm

Seeing as the entity inside the book were proving troublesome zapped Umbra the book with the bolt of shadowy lighting that she had been charged up. "By the forces that I command, the knowledge inlaid in me from generations past, command I upon thee to stifle thy commands and hold thy tongue!" As she spoke did Umbra not hold back, her shadow growing dimmer and darker with each word she spoke as she slowly invoked olden rituals in her mind and by sigils drawn by her free hand.

"You that have invoked forces of shadows upon this land, you that call yourself Rex, claiming to be of royal legacy, speak your mind in a civil manner or be punished for your act of war. Defend your actions or be banished from this and all other realms!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:38 pm

The figure was hit by Sugary's beam and it screeched, stumbling a few steps back. Shining blinked, dazed but relieved, finding that he could stand again. He did so as quick as he could and held his sword in his hand firmly. Not only that, he powered up his horn as well to fire at the creature. And just in time - as he, along with many shadows, charged once again. With a warcry, Shining charged, slaying many shadows with his sword - ready this time.

~

Cadence gritted her teet as she felt the dark magic rising, contradicting her own, but she held herself strong and helped as much as she could. The shadow screeched unintelligibly to Umbra, in an ancient language that sounded like guttural curses. Cadence could not decipher it. Curious was, that he seemd in pain, yelling - coincidentally, at the same time as each blow Shining and Sugary dealt at the shadow in the shack.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:59 pm

"Shining Justice shall pierce the Darkness! Charge onwards!" Sugary was trying to raise Shining Armor's spirits, as well as provide him with further back-up as he stayed in his corner, protecting the exit while conjuring more orbs of light, spinning them rapidly around him as a defensive measure. He's also send out a burst of them to follow around Shining to aid him against the surrounding foes, taking aim of the greater foe farther ahead just in case...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:55 pm

That was it, she had tried to be civil and offered a diplomatic solution to the problem, but when a book smacked her outstretched hand away with curses there were older than her... She was going to hate herself in the morning for doing such damage to a book, but that was her limit!

With hasty steps were she right beside the book once more, and with her hand not holding the knife did she fling the book open, her eyes having death and murder in them as she took her knife and jabbed it down into the seam, her trying to cut the pages from the spine of the cursed cursing book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:08 pm

Every Shadow Shining slew, two more took its place. But he kept going, until he was finally eye-to-eye with the shadow creature again. He gritted his teeth and swung his sword through the air, his magic charging. Sugary's words did not go unnoticed, as they filled him with the confidence and determination he needed.

~

Meanwhile, the monarch in the book screeched in pain with every piece of page that was cut loose. However, the corrupted being that was in there tried its best to resist. However, even it knew that its end was close if she would continue. He knew there was only delaying the inevitable - but the corruptness ordered the book to try, and send heavy charges of dark curses towards Umbra. Never would it call for help - his honor would not allow it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:12 pm

From Sugary's point of view, they had a good chance to prevail still. He'd keep up with the barrage of light, but would also attempt to surround and attack the shadowy figure with orbs of Light if he could reach that far to try to prevent it from retreating. Dedication in Support was his focus...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:05 pm

The attempt to hurt Umbra with dark magic like that was almost as effective as trying to drown a fish, Umbra smiling a demonic like smile as she laid more force behind her blade to force it though the last few pages, her coming with a short triumphant laugh as the pages all came loose. Taking a good hold in one of the pages did she send it flying up in the air, the pages smouldering from where she had laid her fingers on them, page after page after page being thrown up in the air only to be burnt to cinder as she used the energy of the book against itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:37 pm

As Umbra destroyed the book, huge waves of magic erupted from the book - before it would stay completely silent, the book destroyed. Cadence closed her eyes and gritted her teeth, pulling the both of them out of it and back into the room. The book was silent, the spell broken, the room back to normal. Cadence looked at Umbra, her eyes green with purple smoke of dark magic coming from them, but with a clashing expresson of hope.

At the same time, all the shadows froze and seemed to shatter like glass, then go off in the air like smoke. Nothing was left. The silhouette standing before them seemed to scream, and all the darkness fled from him. Soon, all that was left was a pathetic-looking unicorn stallion in a dark robe, his eyes wide and mad, looking at you, scared for his life. He screamed something unintelligibly.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Sugary's attack would likely strike the distracted shadow figure and just as likely tear up their clothing to an extent as well. However, he stopped once all the Dark energy in the room dropped like stone in presence and left only the lone unicorn before them, hesitant to attack one that didn't even seem capable of fighting back, let alone stand. "Shining, stop! The energy is gone! We should capture him and see what he knows...!" He was still cautious, balls of Light still hovering nearby to try and finish off or harshly suppress the broken stallion if he tried something funny...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:30 am

Catching one of the specks of ash on her nose as if it was a snowflake began Umbra to giggle, the sound bobbling and cute at first, but did soon evolve into a cackling laughter as only villainous ponies or mad people could make, her arms being spread out as she twirled around herself, seeming to enjoy the ash shower.

As the last specks of ash slowly found the ground did Umbra gather herself, her zapping her dirty clothes with a bit of static magic to clean herself before she coughed into her hand. "Sorry... that was not befitting, but some habits die hard," said she to a point about a feet over Cadence head as she was too embarrassed to look her in the eyes as she spoke. "Was there more that you needed assistance with, or will that be all for now? I would like to return to my own champers on my companions ship if that is not too much to ask about," Umbra not mentioning that she properly would fall over from exhaustion if she had to stay too long in the proximity to the infernal crystal heart, the only reason she seemed so gathered and fine now being because of the rooms shielding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:56 pm

Cadence didn't quite put attention to Umbra's giggle-fit. She was exhausted as well. Instead, she concentrated, shuddered and the dark magic disappeared from her eyes. She instantly looked relieved, as if a heavy burden was taken from her. She still didn't look the best though. Upon hearing Umbra's request, she sighed shakily and nodded, giving a weak smile. "Of course. You have done enough, you have more than earned your rest." She chuckled. "You could also have some cocoa in the kitchen if you want before you go."

She straightened herself and looked towards the door. She closed her eyes, and slowly, the protections from the room faded. The power of the Crystal Heart seeped through the walls, giving Cadence more strength- but she did not yet break the spell fully, because she knew the toll it took on Umbra. She turned to her one more time, her hand resting on the doorknob. "Thank you for your help, Umbra. I don't yet know what the consequences are, but whatever they would be, I could not have destroyed the book withouth you." She smiled. "Will you be okay by yourself, or would you like for some of my soldiers to come with you so you can safely get to your ship?"

~

Meanwhile, in the cold snow, Shining seethed, but he stood down. Still, the look on his face said that he did not trust it at all. The stallion's yells had changed into high-pitched whines and whimpers, looking at his hands. He fell on his knees, a new series of guttural whines coming from his throat as the true realization struck him. However, one move from Shining would make him look up and growl at him.

Shining sighed and put his sword to the stallion's throat. "Who are you?"

The stallion opened his mouth to speak, but he coughed, the strength completely gone from him. He moaned lowly and tried again. His speech was slurred and only barely understandable, breaking every few words.
"I... aa-aam..." He coughed again, glaring up to Shining. "I... A-a-m..."

Shining quickly lost his patience and gave him a shove, and he fell down to his side, groaning. Shining was furious. "You endangered my wife! You endangered my country, my people! Whoever you are and whatever your goal was, you will suffer the consequences!"

The stallion coughed. "I will... neve--e--e-r..." He sucked in breath, wheezing, "come wii-i-iith you.. "
He motioned with his hand as if the shadows were still there, but they werent. He whined helplessly and rested his head on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:16 pm

((Stalker?))

Sugary moved ever closer this time around, chanting low syllables as he stared right at the unknown stallion with much concern. Once close enough to both him and Shining, he cast a spell upon the beaten foe; The air around the one he cast the spell on darkened, but it was then like being veiled by a coat of moonlight, stars sparkling around him to get him to ease up and greatly induce sleep against his will.

Once asleep, Sugary would carefully levitate the body of their captive while placing magical braces upon his arms and legs. "... I'm positive Umbra would very much like to examine this one. Cause honestly? I can't tell if this was the Mastermind, an Apprentice, or merely a puppet... Who knows how twisted this one's mind is..." He then looked to Shining very intently. "We should see how the others fared and return right away."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   

Back to top Go down

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next