OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Doomande

Doomande

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 4:49 am

Heaving after her breath snug Umbra a quick peek over her flimsy wooden barricade and saw how another wave of the dread creatures soon would hit against her hasty made bulwark, she knew that the second wave properly would be the last, her surprised that the first wave alone hadn't been enough to breach her alone, it was just ordinary wood after all.

Stealing herself another peak to count how many there would come in the second wave caught she one of the more reckless shadow beings on her horn, her impaling straight through it before either knew it, her feeling it as suddenly as it did. With a yank of her head and with help of her hands pulled she the creature to her, throwing it to the ground, and with needle thin veins of black lightning running trough her hands ripped she it with a hard yank asunder, her trapping one half under her feet and threw the other back where it came from with even less breath in her lungs and sweat running over her face.

She hated to admit it, she really hated it, even if it was just to herself, but even if she gave it her all could she not keep up with this on her own. With no golems or other creatures heeding her call standing at her side, the muddy puddle like minion she had available to her not having much use to her, less so in combat, and with no Mister Voice to guide her hand found she herself needing to turn to her last resort. "I know it burns, but if you don't buy us some more time do I promise you that whatever they are planning to do will pain your body ten times more than it already is." Her rushing to his side as she yelled the words at him, kicking the table over and hopefully trapping some of the shades under it for just a while, or at least make an obstacle for them. "Lock the pain up and push it to the back of your mind Sugary, your body is not used to be fuelled by this, so its just acting up!" Her smacking her hand onto his arm as soon as she could reach, one of the sparks jumping from her to him, a smidgin of energy entering him to give him a kick to the arse so he could keep on his legs.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:30 am

When it came to Sugary's barrier, there were no vulnerable spots aside from the stallion himself feeling the pressure from a more relentless attack. Thus far, the only comfort he had was that few were involved in the surprise attack.

Struggling to keep his stance on the crutches and braces of clay, he turned to Umbra as she demanded he try harder for their sake while trying to move closer slowly to try and assist her up close. "I guessed as much, but you're carrying me if I d-... Wait, hold on! Don't touch my barrier!!" Fearing he'd harm her with the purifying energies of his spell, he was forced to drop it and instead rely on the dispersed energy to launch shards of light all around them and wack at least one of the shadow creatures out of the way with his clay staff to let her come close before she grabbed him. Right there and then, he felt quite the surge to his vitality as his eyes and horn shone brighter and livelier, his stance having a better posture too. He smiled confidently at her brimming with renewed vigor as he dropped the clay off of his legs, and sparks came from his body instead as he saw the creatures around them as he clenched his fist and clay staff. "Okay... Who's ready to throw down!"
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:38 am

The shadows each gave a shriek one by one as they were slain, dissipating into a cloud of smoke that started to cover the ground in a light fog. The silent creatures were just about upon the two adventurers now. That much closer to achieving their goal of devouring a powerful demonspawn. Umbra's attacks would dispell a few more of the beasts, but they only came closer when Sugary dropped his shield, allowing them to get within grabbing distance. They reached out with sharp, smokey claws and tried to grab the two, aiming to devour them right then and there, but they were pushed back when Sugary sent shards of light slicing through them as the shield dropped.

Despite most of them being taken out already by their defenses, the last few assaulted with the same will as before, two going for Sugary as he, and four looking to devour Umbra as she felt even weaker to them now than before. The two going after Sugary would split, going after the unicorn from either side and lashing out with shadowy claws. The ones going after Umbra, however, would all clump together, frantically trying to get at the hybrid with animalistic ferocity.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Group fighting was a specialty of Sugary, especially in the outdoors. If he and Umbra were to be attacked by a group of shadows, it was something he could handle even with borrowed power; It was all in the timing.

The static energy he had built up had a fairly aggressive purpose, but the execution would vary as the static charged up in a bright burst of plasma around him that ran over the ground, barely passing by Umbra and the feathery puddle golem as a square shape was made on the ground with it. Next came the real barrier attack of his choice as plasma blades also ran through both ends of the staff as he held it and poured his mana through it with aggressive intent, slicing the shadows coming to him as he spun it and held it pointing upwards after half a spin. Simultaneously using his levitation to manipulate the clay he dropped from his legs to form a sheet of dirt and slow down the clump of foes coming at Umbra as he placed it in their way would buy him the extra bit of time to run a stream of plasma from the tip of the staff held up to the four square corners that almost instantly formed into a pyramid barrier of plasma around them, harming anything that touched it with a severe shock. He took a deep breath, and felt his surroundings to see what else might attempt to break through as the plasma pyramid slowly began to spin clockwise around them. The Caramel Sage still had some fight left in him...
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 5:37 pm

She had planned to use him as a meat shield until she could unlock one of the seven seals on her arm and let the power within out, bringing a sliver of Tartarus loose on the swarming shadows, but Sugary were clearly much more skilled into the art of magical fighting than what she first had thought, so she kept on adding her magic to his.
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 4:00 am

Sugary would have little trouble dispatching the weak shadows with his magic, fending them off easily and even causing some of them to hesitate. The shades stop, their numbers now very few, and turn away, looking for the nearest source of shadow to slink back into. They shudder back into the unholy darkness from whence they came, defeated, and craw back into the shadows, leaving Umbra and Sugary in an uneasy silence...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Sugary kept the barrier up, but slowly lowered the output once the creatures withdrew from where they came to avoid making himself seem too threatening to the locals, even if none were to be seen nearby. Compared to the looming threat of the shadows, the silence was comforting.

Either way, safe or not, Umbra had taken a blow earlier, and so he left the clay staff standing in place as he looked to her, and kneeled before the golem as well. "Seems they're gone for now... Do you know what they were and why they attacked? Also, how're you holding up?" He focused his magic a bit, extending a helping hand to the golem with a golden brown glow, attempting to share more Earth elemental energy to help it restore its shape and vigor. "Come on. Take it, little fella..."
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 9:09 pm

As a picky foal being offered a mash of broccoli and spinach scooted the golem away from the eart energy. Sure it knew that it would do it well in a way, but the taste! Just because its form were terracotta coloured and it now looked like a puddle of mud did it not mean that it was made of earth, it had hold the Caramel Sage rather high, but at that moment when it carefully stretched the tiniest bit of itself forth to absorb some of the energy up questioned it itself about how wise that had been. Because while it regained some of its volume and firmness did the taste leave something to be desired.

Throwing her arm out, fingers stretched, and then pulling it back with her hand clenched flew the slivers of crystal prisons towards her, the shards of earlier art blending into a crystal ball at her command, the walls of the shadow prison egg shell thin and with bars of sliver like lines that drew delicate runes and mystical figures keeping the cheeky shadow forms escape attempts at bay. "As for what do I not fully know just yet," her shaking the ball in her hand loosely, the shadows splashing around inside as if they were liquid. "They are creatures from another realm, but which one do I not know just yet. As for why they attack can I only guess, although I already can say so much that the gaining of power was the main motive one way or other."

Her voice had been low and collected as she answered his questions, her not wanting to share the words with the ponies of the town and bring them even more concern than they already had laying on their shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Sugary could tell the puddle golem was hesitating in accepting his small gift of healing Earth magic, rather than healing Light magic, so all he could do was to give an apologetic smile when it finally accepted it. "Sorry, little fella; This is all I can do on short notice. I'm not very familiar with your kind."

Giving Umbra space by slowly dissipating the barrier as he remained alert so she could recall her shards, he'd also give an ear as she spoke, taking every word seriously while grasping the clay staff firmly. "Gaining power, huh? Still for little shadows like those to just come into a city like this that already fended off evil. Pretty bold if you ask me, seems someone was really determined to get at you... Ah!!" He then looked around frantically at what had just happened, as well as look upon Umbra and the golem, extending an arm to them both. "Hey, can you move or do I carry you? We need to get scarce before we spend the night getting interrogated!"
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 2:49 am

"In the halls where giants once have feasted will there always be ants hiding away in the nooks, waiting to gorge on the crumbs long since left behind." Came it from Umbra as she got up on her own, groaning a little bit as her bones could be heard complaining, her hiding the crystal ball away as she stretched her back, it snapping and popping back into place with a most unpleasant series of sounds.

"Again Sugary, please, please stop treating me as you would your ordinary mare. While others would properly cherish the thought of being carried away in your arms, am I pretty sure that I would be able to count the few situations that I would find more uncomfortable on my fingers alone," the mare turning her back to him as she spoke to further emphasize on her disapproval of the mere idea of such a thing, her getting her now a bit more lively golem to help her turn the heavy wooden table up again and just clear a little bit of the mess, not seeming especially concerned of the whole idea of them being retained and interrogated.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 3:37 am

"Eating the crumbs left by giants...? Well, this place was sealed away by powerful Dark magic. It's astounding how many of the old citizens were preserved this much... Makes you wonder what else might be hidden in the cracks of this northern terrain." He kept a close eye over her as she straightened herself out, still pondering what the deal with those creatures might've been.

With her now taking her time after her statement, he grew both concerned and a bit annoyed as he grumbled and then helped her get the table back up. "Umbra, let's get one thing straight here: I am not trying to treat you like a normal mare. We both know you're not a normal mare, so you can stop lecturing me on that. I am treating you like someone who looks worn down, and my concern will remain until you get better or you get better at lying about being better... And your true form doesn't count, I can feel you're even weaker now after that fight." The sounds of citizens and guards kept approaching, time running out for them to make a unnoticed retreat. He kept looking right at her, never blinking or flinching at her corrupted form. "Why can't you take my heed for a change about this? You gave me medicine and left me on the bed, why is it so hard to accept aid from me in return? What have you got to lose?" He was fairly sure she probably still didn't like getting asked much, but even she could not keep him from caring as that was the bottom line.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:06 am

"What do you expect to gain by knowing the answer to your question? Why is it that you have this need to prod and pry and poke your nose into my matters all the time?" her voice no longer low and only kept for him, it raising in volume and her body language speaking louder and louder as well, her soon waving with her arms, thin tendrils of her magic being flung to and fro to gather crystal shards onto the table. "Why is it that you insist on me being so weak that you need to protect me? I have not asked for your protecting! I have not asked of you to concern yourself on my behalf! I do not wish for you to heed me, to guide my hand! I have had more than enough of others leading me!"

As she were done speaking, or yelling as it properly should be called, were her breast heaving and sinking like bellows, her panting after her breath. She could not remember when she had last acted out like this, but by all the ancient ones how she hated it, and how Sugary had the ever damned ability to keep getting under her skin like this.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:27 am

Sugary was now looking rather vexed, snorting in bemusement. He then smacked his side of the table flat with both hands in the corner without crystals as he glared at her pleadingly with a low voice. " Are we seriously doing this again!? I'm not trying to dominate you! Have you not looked at the state you're in? What you're doing right now? You keep expending your weak energy, you might get caught looking like that, and I might pass out at any moment because I'm still relying on you! Use your damn brain! I'm telling you to move to safety because the last great evil they dealt with here was a Dark Warlock! Something you probably resemble right now and they might deal with you! Do you really wanna risk that over just coming over to my ship for rest!?" The sounds of hooves were just around the corner. "Agh! Come on, we gotta go now!!"
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:58 am

She heard them just as well as he did, but instead of leaving the scene of their chaotic fight stayed she her ground. Just as he had smacked his hand down on the table, so did she, letting it stay there so her golem could snake up her arm and reach the safe haven of her robes hood, laying itself around her neck protectively. "Yes I wanna risk that and much more all the ancient ones damn it, for it is not the right thing to just leave without making up for damages that we have dealt to these ponies, risk or not!"

She had planned to use the last slivers of her "free" energy to do her best at mending the broken figurines, but she saw now that she had to do something else with it. With a quick gaze over the table found she a good looking sliver, it being a feet long and looking sharp as a needle. Before he could pull his hand away took she the sliver and jabbed it trough the flesh between thump and forefinger, the sliver poking out of his hand like a spike, her soon impaling her hand on top of it, her fingers grasping after his so they could intertwine. "By my blood, by my will, by my word, do I release you from your contract." Umbras eyes being two black holes into her soul as she spoke the powerful words, her blood mixing with his, the magical seal of their contract being broken.

As she pulled her hand to her pulled she the piece of crystal out of his hand as well, her seemingly not hurting from the whole act as she were able to pull it out with her teeth as if it were nothing, spitting the black blood stained crystal onto the table where it sparked with dark magic. "There, if you want to leave, then leave. But wait on your ship and do not weigh anchor if you leave and still want to travel with me, I will come when there have been dealt with this."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Sugary was left pleasantly surprised by Umbra's reasoning for not wanting to move, having underestimated just how polite she really could be... So much so, that he hesitated to move his arm out of the way because the last thing he expected was for her to pin him down in place so he couldn't move when he kept asking they leave. His face and feelings were such that it looked like he was about to yell at her for the pain while remaining completely silent in disbelief for what she was doing when she immediately impaled her own hand and grasped his fingers as their blood mixed. Truly, puzzling conflicted feelings emerged at that moment.

Of course, with her latest effort, their time wasn't just up, but she had been caught in the act by several citizens and guards as well. They were quick to ambush them, especially once some took note of Umbra's state and the Dark magic. "Halt and surrender in the name of the law, fiend!!" Several Crystal Guards, looking rather unamused and ready for a fight while armed, made their approach fast.

Sugary felt dizzy after the contract release, blood pressure in his body acting oddly after the intrusion of Umbra's own even if it did leave him free of responsibilities. He saw what was about to happen though, and instead of leaving, he just stumbled and struggled to get in between Umbra and the guards. "W-Wait! Stop...! She's not an enemy!" The guards would hesitate at the block to their advance, but kept glaring at them. "Please, hear us out! Umbra, tell them what happened..." It didn't look like they were very willing to listen, but then Sugary was very willing to not let them pass as his horn lit up in defense, just in case...
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:28 pm

She had done this before, sure it was with Mister Voice not only guiding her hand, but taking control of that and the rest of her arms and bodies as well, but she could still remember the core of it... of that was she sure.

"On what ground and law should we that do not run, we that took up arms to defend ourselves against our attackers and only those, halt and surrender sir?" She knew that she was running head first onto thin ice, and she no longer had her disarming young demeanor to hide against, but she did not slow nor back down one bit, for to do that would be to loose her momentum and to throw her aces in her hand away. Had they had more time to clean the mess up would she have stood with hands showing and in the guards sight, but the job were not done just yet so she went back to it, just in a slower pace than before so the guards could see her every move and action as her back were turned to them.

Only when she had pulled a pouch forth and given it to the artist, her helping him up onto his feet and out of his hiding place as she laid the heavy money bag in his hand did she turn her full attention towards the guards, that is if she was allowed to go so far with her gambit by the guards.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Although the guards did seem to listen, they were very on edge as Umbra started to move, and so they approached to apprehend her. However, Sugary got in their way with arms spread wide and a defiant gaze. "She hasn't done anything wrong, and we really did defend ourselves just now. I know what this looks like, but you gotta believe us!" The guards loomed over him with sheer numbers, but even as some of them tried to go around him, he just scooted in their way. And when they tried to move elsewhere, he scooted left and right while moving back to slow them down; They were unamused by this.

The one Umbra was helping was rather grateful and thankful for being helped back up, but then he unfortunately saw her face -her true form- up close, and panicked to the point of passing out soon after giving a loud yelp thinking his time had come to leave the mortal realm, and flopped to the ground again with money in the bag at least.

"You two are to be arrested by suspicious activity, and the fact she looks cursed! So either cooperate with us if you're so innocent, or we take you by force!" The guards were looking steadily more aggressive, and Sugary just couldn't defend himself against the local enforcement without serious consequences.

He looked to Umbra pleadingly. "Please, Umbra... Let's just go with them and get this over with. We'll cause more trouble if we don't..."
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 pm

A land hidden away for a thousand years, or so had Sugary said. Not even she was that old, but that did not mean that she didn't knew creatures there were, or had artefacts to match their age. And just one such artefact were what she slowly planned to use, but she needed to buy a little bit of time, lure a few pieces on the game board onto the right spots before she could use it to its full potential and not have it backfire on her. "Sugary... You are really making me embarrassed you know. I know that we agreed to you giving me a guided tour trough the town, not to be my advisor nor my bodyguard, so would you tone that light down and stop going in these good stallions way. They are just trying to do their job after all." Umbra laying a hand on his shoulder to lay extra weight to her words, she knew how it properly sounded like madness, but he did so often speak of trust, so now was the time to see if he had some in him as well.

"I have never heard about a country which had laws meant to punish those suffering under a curse my good sir guard stallion, and I am sure that your superior haven't heard about such a law either in all the time he or she have hold the post. To detain me on the basis of suspected suspicious activities have some logical reasoning to it, and are the first thing that I have heard you say with some hold to it." Her sighing rather theatrically and lowered her shoulders as well as to say that she had lost and he had won their little battle on words. "My good sir, I ask of you, do it really have to come to this? Sir, have my words and my actions not been enough proof? Do we really need to come to this? The people of your city could use you and your time, and it would just end up being wasted on me. Can we not just let this be this and go each our way?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 11:58 pm

Sugary felt a light tug on his stomach from the moment Umbra herself told him not to intervene; And how could he feel otherwise? He saw a large group of guards looking on edge and ready to fight, and neither him nor Umbra were in peak condition should something set them off. And even then it was a bad idea to even scratch a royal guard when they were being questioned. Nonetheless, he gave in completely as she placed a bony hand on his shoulder, and he stepped back a bit and halted his magic entirely. "... Good. Better not to resist anyway." His concern wasn't the arrest itself though, but rather, how they perceived Umbra as a whole.

It seemed Umbra had picked her words wisely at least, as the guards seemed a bit less edgy afterwards. Some of the ones up front began to whisper to one another as the rest of the guards surrounded them both entirely until the 'leader' spoke. "... What we're doing now is our time to serve the city; Hardly a waste of time. If you present a threat to us as you are, as we suspect you may be, you will be dealt with one way or another... Now where exactly did you two come from just now? Are you staying somewhere in our town?"

Sugary would speak up softly this time. "... We settled down not too long ago in my airship. Bu-..."

Sugary was halted from speaking as the guard raised his arm to demand silence. "Then you have but one ultimatum: Either come with us now for custody, or be placed under hou-... airship arrest until our superior can meet up with you. So which will it be?" It seemed arrest was the only option offered after all; Either in the comfort of the ship, or wherever it was they placed captives.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 1:18 am

And thus were the crisis avoided, at least for now it seemed. Had it actually come as far as physical battle would she surely had won the battle. Not without heavy loses of course, her having torn the seals on her arm asunder and laid waste to the nearby buildings by letting a megaspell level of dark energy loose, a last resort that she would like to avoid. She was a civilized mare after all, and ruining so many buildings would surely make a mess. No the way the civilized mare fought were with words and indirect actions, not that what she were going to do next wouldn't be any less effective in the end.

"You can't say that I didn't give him the change to save face, twice even," said she with a lowered voice, her words being thrown over her shoulder to Sugary with a little odd smile accompanying it as she went to the guard, wrists turned upwards and stretched forth as if she were offering herself up for a pair of shackles. "If it really have to come to this, then by all means let me meet with your superior then. But please promise me, don't blame yourself in the days to come when you realise that I gave you two changes to avoid this outcome, you did just your job to the best of your abilities after all..."

She had not meant to make it sound so sinister... or maybe she had since the guard had to be thought the harsh way to listen to reason and take the sketchy looking hand that fate stretched forth had to him. Only a few paces away from them all took she her hands to her breast and allowed them to rest there while her golem found what she needed and placed it in her palms, her presenting it forth for all of the gathered to see and behold. It seemed like it shone with its own inner light as it laid in her hands, a spark pulsating in the core of the dark blue, almost black crystal cylinder. Were it not for the inner light would it had taken the naked eye a good while to see the cuts and carvings there were done into the crystal, them making mirrored words and official symbols and important looking sigils, but little sense just on their own.

"In the power and name of the Shadow Proclamation do Umbra Nightshade arch magus of the arcane school of umbramancy hereby claim Arcane Immunitate," had she sounded like a fine lady before sounded she like a royal now, her nose having risen just a little inch or so since the guards had arrived, and her whole gesture seemed better as well from how it had been just moments ago. "As an arch magus undergoing a sturdy... Actually do I not need to explain the finer details unless taken for an arcane court, but since you suggested and offered for me to meet with your superior would I like to do that for a little word or two."

Last edited by Doomande on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Sugary looked to Umbra curiously, wondering what she meant by giving chances and muttering under his breath. "I hope you don't mean to hurt them..."

As she approached the guards, they seemed to falter slightly in their posture as having a half-dead looking mare coming their way was hardly something they looked forward to. They also looked to be alert when she pulled out her black crystal and began to make her proclamation. A few young ones shook, some looked around to see if she had conjured something around them, while Sugary himself just watched and listened from behind, feeling something raw and ancient coming from her and the crystal. "What's this...? She's definitely invoking something like she does with her arcane contracts..."

It was also around that time that some of the guards noticed the golem under her robes. "Hey! What's that thing!? Don't be hiding anything from us now!"

As a few began to gather around them much closer to start inspecting them more so, Sugary had to interject with Umbra's decision. "Wait! You're taking us to the castle then!?"

"Yes, what of it? Isn't that what you both want now?"

Sugary looked to Umbra, trying to avoid more trouble. "Umbra, aren't you going to feel worse again moving so close to the Crystal Heart!? Please, let's wait at the airship instead. Let them meet with us safely." His suggestion up in the air, and the guards demanding to see the golem, it was up to Umbra to make a wise decision on her actions.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 4:15 pm

If it wasn't for the many guards standing around them would she have pouted over how little response her grand gesture earned her, but then again, it had been a gamble, and when one gamble can none ever foresee the outcome. Hearing how they would be taken to the castle and not some garrison to speak with someone sensible wished she for a short moment that Mister Voice had been there to guide her just a tiny little bit so she wouldn't had ended up in this mess, maybe should she pay some more heed to Sugary's advices in the future...

"What I have under my robes are my own business, thank you ever so very much my good sir," Umbra glaring daggers at the youth that had questioned her about her minion, her wanting to follow the words up with a slap across his cheek to fulfil the role of an offended lady, but seeing how their numbers were bigger than theirs would her body language have to be enough.

Taking a step towards Sugary laid she her arm around his, and pulled him close so she could whisper into his ear as well. "So long as I don't cast any spells near that infernal heart will I be as good as anywhere else in this city. And lets keep details like that to the two of us for the future." Her then pulling herself away from him while still holding in his arm, her other hand holding her crystal cylinder forth. "Yes it is, so lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 3:08 pm

(("Find your way."))

Sugary would do his best to convince the guards to not look for the golem outright. "It's her pet...! Please don't try to separate them when he's scared, the little one gets very... bite-happy if you do..." It seemed his effort would work, but just barely, merely as the guards were not especially prepared to arrest something so small and keep it confined. The golem would be safe under Umbra's care... for now.

He also paid close attention to Umbra's words regarding her magic, to which he whispered back quickly. "We'd be safer in the ship... But suit yourself." In truth, he heavily wondered just what compelled her to go right in the middle of what could cause her more trouble rather than take the second option. He felt he'd find out soon enough as they held arms together, walking side by side as if escorting one another... while the guards heavily surrounded them while moving along. Curious eyes would also happen upon them, some being fearful of those who could swear they saw a dead mare walking behind the wall of Royal Guards...

In time, they would enter the castle, watching as many of the castle staff moved out of the way for their safety. For a moment, it seemed they would be taken to the throne room, but instead they were taken further into a smaller, circular room where the guards could flank them from all sides much more freely. Sugary never really did let go of Umbra's arm for the time being.

Meanwhile, some of the other guards beckoned for either one of their rulers to come and meet with the unusual prisoners; None knew more of magic and Dark magic had been reportedly used in the scuffle, which even fewer among the guards knew anything of aside from fearing it after what it could do under one such as Sombra for example. There was also relay of Umbra's cursed state and her hidden pet, as well as a slow investigation of the stallion's airship. It only made sense that a foreigner of a ruler would handle an exotic matter with greater ease...
Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 7:28 pm

After the guards finished briefing the monarchs, Shining and Cadence furrowed their brows, deep in thought. Shining Armor nodded at the guards and turned to his wife. Shining Armor wanted to speak, but Cadence beat him to it.
"Dark magic..." she said soflty, frowning. She slowly shook her head. "I really don't like how this sounds, Shiny..." She sighed.

Shining nodded curtly. "Me neither... but before we jump to conclusions, we need more information."

Cadence nodded. "Yes... that is true." She sighed, looking her husband sadly in the eye. "Just... be careful. I do not want to repeat past events..." She shuddered at the thought of the dark tyrant.

Shining smiled softly at her, stroking her cheek. "Hey... it'll be alright. I won't let it happen again, I promise." He chuckled lightly. "Besides... we shouldn't jump to conclusions before we get the big picture. Maybe... things won't become as bad as they were then." He nodded, determined, a slight smile still showing. "I won't let it."

Cadence nodded, smiling slightly at his resolute expression. She nuzzled him quickly. "I will go back to my duties, then. Stay safe."

He smiled. "I will." He turned around to the guards and nodded. "Bring me to them." The guards saluted and turned around, marching towards the room. After smiling at his wife one more time, Shining Armor followed the guards.

As they entered the room, the first thing Shining noticed was the seemingly dead mare. If he was disgusted, he didn't show it. A stallion stood close by her side, seemingly unfazed by her true appereance. He frowned, looking at them, stern. He also noticed a small, earthy figure under the dead mare's robe, the 'pet', as the guards had told him.

He took a step forward, the guards immediately blocking the entrance behind him so no-one could go in or out. "Who are you?" he asked, his voice strong and unwavering, but with a slightly curious undertone. He was clearly still on guard nevertheless, always ready if something would go wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 10:37 pm

One, two, three... a lot... too many, counted Umbra inside her head as her eyes wandered trough the little room, it seemed to be true what Sugary had said, they would have been safer at the ship. She knew now that she properly should have heed what Sugary had said, but she had already begun a battle of words with the guard, and while it looked bad now would it have looked worse if she had turned around mid stampede towards him. How could she have known that he wasn't one to reason with?

Seeing as her pet no longer were a secret had she pulled it out as she counted the guards, her scratching her golem on its skeleton head as others would scratch a cat between its ear, the action more to relax herself than the golem. One could only hope that whoever they were going to speak with now had a more reasonable head than the first guard.

Seeing the guards part and a stallion dressed in much finer armour, and with a shining emblem sitting on his breast to boot, lit Umbras face up just a little bit. One had to have a good head on ones shoulder to reach such a high rank, that was to reason, either that or one would have to be born into the rank, meaning that the pretty head under the pretty helmet on the pretty shoulders would be slow as molasses since he would have been spoiled rotten since foals legs... Or neither if one were to judge on his tone and attitude as he asked his question, her smile turning upside down to match the frown there were showing on his lips.

Lifting her crystal cylinder up over her head spoke she, her voice as strong and unwavering as to match his. "My name is Umbra Nightshade. As I have declared to your guards am I an arch magus onto the school of Umbramancy. The seal which I am holding over my head being proof of the truth there lies in my words." That would have to do for now, because while she tried not to show it were she too tired to keep an act like that up. The fatigue from the battle were slowly beginning to take its toll, it being multiplied by her close proximity to the infernal crystal heart there were laying just storeys under her. She knew that it were bad manners, but by now did she not really care, her going towards one of the guards to take a stool there were just beside him and tugged it over the floor so she could sit it and herself right beside Sugary. "I have told my name and my profession twice now, once to you and once to your garde, but who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next