A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu May 14, 2015 11:49 pm

Seeing his makeup from the benches had she not connected it with necromancy or the users of that magic in any way or form, the mere idea that the skeleton grin should symbolize that... At first did Umbras lips peek up, and a giggle made her breast jump up and down in amusement, her two golems being shock down from their seats, them gliding down her arms as if they were of liquid down onto the bed. As tears of laughter began to run from her eyes went the two in unison for the blanket and began to tuck her in, Umbra taking one of her tear wetted hands to brush it over Sugary's cheek, her looking down at the paint on her fingers with wonder.

"Should that be how a necromancer dress? With bone masks and ropes to hide themselves away, trying to imitate the shades of the night while they do their unholy deeds and sacrifices yet another virgin on a slab of marble in the light of the full moon." Under normal circumstances would she just snap her fingers to clean her hands, dissolving the black paint into specks of shadow, but her head was aching if she had to be honest with herself, so instead did she lay it with the palm up for one of the golems to clean. "It is only armatures that dress like that, silly teen unicorns that tries to impress someone of the other gender. Or those that newly lost something dear to them, wanting it back and end up loosing both arms and legs to powers that they try to bargain with because they don't know what they are meddling in..." her sighing as she said the last words, shaking her head as a sad shadow went over her smile.

"Sorry, I am keeping you from your bath, and it is not fitting of me as your guest," the sad shadow going away as an apologetic look its place instead. "If it isn't a too big a bother would I really like a glass of milk to sleep on."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri May 15, 2015 8:16 pm

Sugary was, at first, quite perplexed as to what was so funny as much as he thought her laugh was quite pleasant. He didn't think the makeup was bad at all, knowing how well the artists took care to paint him all over. It wasn't till Umbra placed a hand on his own cheek that he lightly perked up to hear what she was about to say, looking right back into her tired eyes. It was then he learned why she thought his look was comical, and also seemingly gained a glimpse into what might have been a moment in her life, or something she knew about. "... What kind of danger have you been put through?" He could only guess, but he was a bit more certain something was not right about her life at all. But as always, he was more interested in the future, and so he smiled and nodded gently as he acknowledged her request. "Of course. I might even have a few snacks left to go with it..."

And so, he left Umbra and the golems on their own briefly while he levitated items around the kitchen to get her what she desired, and even taking the time to look for any decent spare chocolate chip and fruit cookies he might have left. Soon after he levitated a plate and a glass with the contents, left them by Umbra's side. "There you go. If you don't want the snacks, it's fine. I'll just eat them myself later... Now, shower time." He gave a light bow to her, and made his way to the bathroom so that he could begin taking his much needed thorough shower after closing, though not locking, the door and stayed behind the curtains while he stood under the steady lukewarm shower...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon May 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Looking at the mountain made of a half dozen cookies or so tried Umbra to remember when she last had seen such a big collection of goodies in one place, her lifting one of the cookies up as if it was an ancient artefact and not a piece of confectionery. With the wonder of one seeing a pure cut gemstone studied she the cookie, tilting and turning it to take all of its angles and facets in, seeing both chocolate and fruit pieces in the same food being a wonder to her, seeing a food so rich on chocolate in itself being an wonder. Had it not been for her tired eyes and heavy head would she have eaten each and every one of them, but she knew that it would be gluttonous to eat them now when she wouldn't be able to enjoy them fully.

No instead did she just hold one of the cookies as she slowly sipped the milk, enjoying its delicious mouthwatering scent, sighing of pure joy now and then. Her still sitting like that when Sugary were done with his bath and went for his room, her taking the last sip there was left in the glass before setting it down on the plate, turning over and pulling the blanket up to her ears, the mare so tired that she had forgotten all about undressing before she began to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue May 19, 2015 1:52 am

By the time Sugary came back, now smelling less like paint for that matter, wearing deep blue boxers with light blue vertical stripes, and a red tunic, he would meet a sleepy Umbra with a cookie in her hand. To him, it looked like she seemingly wanted to eat it, but was too tired as she laid down to sleep instead. He thought the sight of it all was adorable as she looked content as far as he could tell.

Since there was little else he could do for Umbra, he merely nodded to the golems as he picked the plate and glass up, and slowly walked out. He stopped by the door frame though, and decided to look to them over the shoulder and spoke quietly. "... If she's in trouble again... Please wake me up..." He doubted they'd listen to him, but he could at least try.

He gently closed the door to their room, ate a couple of the cookies as he said he would, but left several for Umbra still for the next day. He'd know by then if she really wanted them or not. He then washed up, got settled back into his own room, and contemplated the events of the day as he drifted off to sleep. It had been a strange day, but not entirely unpleasant, he admitted... And so the night passed...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 pm

(Sleep...)

With a long drawn groan turned Umbra in her bed, her hands seeking up to her head that now was prickly and fuzzy like a sleeping limp in a most annoying way, instead of the delightful fuzziness that she had felt yesterday from the sparkly wine. With sounds most fitting for a corpse waking from the dead did her hands seek comfort for her head as they alone did nothing, her hands finding her two clay golems, and with a just as long drawn sigh as her groan had been pulled she the twins up to her forehead so they could cool her off.

A little half hour later could a bump be heard as a sleep drunk mare found her way out of her bed flank first. With the twins still on her head fumbled she her way out of the hugging blanket, them by now having formed a fullmask of cooling clay soothingness, and fumbled then her way over to the door. With a mane that could be mistaken as a haystack, arms stretched out like a zombies, and with dragging feet found she slowly her way out to the ships bathroom. Usually would she just use a spell instead of water and soup to clean herself, it being so much effective and time saving, but with how her head was feeling doubted she that she even would be able to lift a pencil with her magic, so under the shower head she went. As her mane, coat and dress got soaked mumbled she a few orders to the golems with her head resting against the wall, them soon running down her body as thin mud as all the water thinned their bodies, only to gather as two brown snakes at her feet, one finding soup, the other a brush, and together did they gently clean their mistress
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu May 28, 2015 10:53 pm

As it turned out, Sugary had actually woken up much earlier than Umbra and had headed out, even leaving a note in the kitchen about going to see Masoso early for picking up his pay for the ferry service. Instead, he'd be coming back soon after Umbra woke up, and so his steps would be heard from the deck mildly, more so as he came, wearing blue shorts and a green tunic.

He'd hear the sound of the shower being in use, and so he'd get close to it, speaking to the door as he got closer still. "Hey, Umbra! I'm back!" When he got close enough to the door, his head and ear would be close to it as he spoke more. "Good morning. You feeling okay in there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri May 29, 2015 6:59 pm

Turning off the water did Umbra groan something that were so blurred that even she didn't knew what it meant, her soon after stepping out of the bathroom wearing her dress from the night before and two towels over it, one donning her head to dry her mane, the other hanging from her breasts, each of the two muddy snakes helping to keep each piece of fabric in place. She was still drunk on sleep, oblivious of Sugary and almost slamming the door into his nose as she stepped past him to her room.

Taking the time a mare needed to make herself ready to be seen by the world once, and then a dozen more times came Umbra out of her room and went slowly to the kitchen with small dragging steps. Just as Sugary had she changed attire, the mare now wearing a robe of something that looked like deep blue silk, a fabric that very much looked like the late summer sky with just a few stars peeking out. The robe itself was a simple thing, seemingly done in a single piece of fabric, it being both simple to look at and yet pleasing at the same time since it helped her making curves she hadn't yet herself. Her hair that before had made one think of a filtered nest of snakes now being tamed, but still wild, her striped locks just hanging freely as they wanted.

"Morning," croaked she with a hoarse voice before she at last began to nibble on one of the promised cookies, enjoying its divine sugary richness and the exotic experience of both chocolate and dried fruit in the same piece of food. Waving with her free hand sent she the chef over to the stove to begin brewing her morning tea, her hand ending up under her head to keep it up since it was such a hard task to do on its own this early in the morning. "You remember that make up you wore yesterday to look scary? No this is how a necromancer look when they are most scary, before they have gotten their morning tea."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sat May 30, 2015 7:21 pm

It was a good thing Sugary had quick reflexes as he avoided the door, but no amount of combat experience prepared him for seeing Umbra walk out right in front of him with the golems wrapped around her along with the towels, so groggily despite her shower. "... Good-" She closed the door "..... morning..." He sighed mildly, and decided to just try to set up the kitchen mildly for good measure ahead of time.

Ultimately it seemed the kitchen would belong to the chef, so instead he'd admire the robe she wore, as well as her figure but then she was a lovely mare after all despite her morning look. That is, until he got a good look at her eyes and heard her voice before sitting down with her. "No kidding... By the way, I went and got my payment early. As is, I'm free for the day. So we can plan without any distractions to where we could go from here..."

He then cocked a brow when she said out right that she was a Necromancer. While it wouldn't actually make him any more wary of her than he already was, it did mean his suspicions would be confirmed about her. "... So you're really a Necromancer then? That's a very bold statement for such a... unique field of sorcery and magic. Don't suppose you could tell me why you study it?" He then looked at her eating the cookies he made, and genuinely smiled. "Glad to know you like those... I can make more later in the day if you want." He also kept watching her, seriously expecting some answers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:15 pm

While still waiting on her morning tea lifted Umbra an eyebrow as she looked at Sugary, her lifting a finger as if to ask for some time to gather her sleepy thoughts. It was first when she had her tea thou, after she had dumped a half dozen teaspoons of sugar into it and stirred it thoroughly, after her first sip and happy sigh of approval that she answered Sugary's question by doing a spittake, spraying the rest of the tea away from Sugary and herself.

"By the Great Old Ones, I should really learn not to speak before I have woken up properly," sighing dried she her mouth with the back of her hand, before taking a new cookie, breaking it into smaller and smaller pieces as she spoke, as to at last dip her fingers in the crumbs as to not let anything go to waste. "But yes, with the cat out of the bag and seeing how we will be travelling in each others company for a while, as well as the lack of flames and pitchforks do I not see any reason not to answer your questions.

Necromancer would not be a title that I myself would choose to wear, since it is more misleading than informative. Calling myself a Necromancer would be like calling the moon a simple rock, technically correct, but it is lacking a sense of scope. No I am a..." Looking rather puzzled sought she her brain for the correct word, her not wanting to push her travelling partner towards the pitchforks now that he seemed so calm and collected, a nice change for once. "I think that most fitting title from your tongue would be Lich. A Lich Umbramancer if we are going into the finer details, I do expect that you have noticed that all of my spells have had something to do with shadows by now." Two new beads of shadow forming on her wrist as she spoke, as to underline what she just had said in a theatrical manner.

"As of why..." Yet again had she to gather her thoughts, a pained look now forming on her face, she had no plans of telling that part of her past to him, to anyone, but their agreement imposed her to give some kind of answer. "Because I had to to survive..." Her voice low as she whispered it out, speaking into her almost empty teacup that she had lifted to her lips. "I would ask of you not to ask me of why I do or have taken certain choices and actions in my past, certain answers could end up being... unpleasant for both of us." It not being a threat while it both sounded, looked and smelled as one, her still pained face showing that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Sugary's expression began with one of amusement as Umbra realized she herself had been 'caught' about her identity. That amused expression slowly soured however, much to his chagrin, as he came to learn that the mare sitting and talking before him was one that should not even be alive from what she had just revealed to him. To an extent, she was similar to some of the kinds of monsters he'd dealt with in the past, and that pained him as he wasn't sure what to really think of her. "That warped lifeforce if hers. I knew something was wrong... And yet she seems so stable... This mare is a rare one alright. But what now?"

He was quiet for a moment, filled with some turmoil of what he could really do for her. She seemed genuinely nice, but her kind was not one meant to mingle among others without consequence as far as he knew. Still he had to say something as he reached out to grab one of the remaining cookies himself, chew a bite slowly, and then speak when he was done. "... Can you at least tell me what it is you don't want to do anymore? More than anything, what's the one thing you'd give up or renounce the most if you could?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:44 pm

With a frown on her face and a lifted brown began Umbras horn to sparkle with black sparks as she gathered a little bit of energy from the shadows of the room, her moving her hand from under her chin just a little bit so she could blow onto her stretched fingers. As she blew on them formed a little cloud of sparkly dust in the air in front of her, it weaving and waving as steam from a hot cup of tea before she did a little movement towards Sugary with her fingers, the cloud floating over to its target. Finding his ears would they enter, it feeling like a pair of wet q-tips that firmly and with not so much caring to his personal limits cleared his ears out. "Our little problem with hearing should be fixed now, or are you one of those that feel that they are living their life when they are balancing on the edge of a knife?" On her wrist had no new beads formed, as to say that she hadn't accepted the questions, this being a change to withdraw them and let them be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:11 am

What may well have been an ultimatum from Umbra would certainly drive the point in well, as Sugary's own horn began to glow mildly reflexively as the shadows moved closer while she looked at him rather unamused. What she probably might not have expected from him though, was the sudden widening and mild crossing of his eyes, the clenching of his fists upon the table, the right leg hoof that now tapped repeatedly on the floor, and the ever growing blush on his face that went along with his face that... made a variety of expressions that made it hard to tell if he was worried, angry, or turned on.

Indeed, the mare had accidentally found a very peculiar weak spot with her host with his ears, and she was doing him a very peculiar favor by doing something mundane he liked to VERY much, but didn't really tell anyone of it. The danger she posed, her delicate and thorough treatment of his ears, and her stoic gorgeous face left him... mildly aroused, conflicted on what to feel about it, yet with a face that fully understood what she was asking of him. Such was the impression and effect the left on him that his first word even sounded as if his voice was braking all over again. "crYSTAl cleAR!" He then coughed lightly to the side, and placed his arm on his leg to stop it from tapping the floor while his ears seemed to be flicking, wanting more attention.

Whatever mood they were setting for themselves just wouldn't proceed quite the same way as Sugary forced himself to speak further in his conflicted yet unusually sharp and focused state of mind. "I-I mean, YES! I get it! You've MADE your point! Just remember THAT I can't guarantee to be of much help if you don't share MUCH with me. You don't know where you wanna GO, but you won't tell me what you're LEAVING behind. We can end up anywhere at this rate... Are YOU prepared for that, little LADY?" He was still blushing profusely and his voice was still breaking unintentionally, and he was vexed for not having better self control over that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:09 am

Others would perhaps have caught the underlining tones of arousal that the act of ear cleaning had awoken in Sugary, but Umbra saw only how the spell that was meant as a joke worked just as well as her educational spells she had to use a few rare times on her golems, as well of her other magical servants. Had Sugary not tried to talk back like that, had he not talked down to her as he just did, would she have stopped and most likely never used his ears against him again.

She had been tired to the bone just moments before, but awoke fully now, raising from the chair with such force that it tipped over. Not having anything better to do had the chef golem sat himself on the back of Umbras chair, a mistake would it seem as his body splatted over the ground under the weight of the chair, normally would such a minuscule amount of power not hurt him, but even the best of guardians could not guard itself against attacks it couldn't see coming.

With one finger pointed firmly at Sugary's ears snapped she with the others, the spell inside his ears shifting form and purpose. It did still feel damp and soft as it had just before, but felt now more as a pair of fingers there were touching his ears instead of the cleaning aids. She did not want to hurt him, she was angry yes, but he was still her travelling partner and her ride, so instead of the hard yank that she had imagined up in her head guided her magical fingers Sugary's head down to the table with a soft guidance, one part soft caressing, that being by accident, and one part promise of more of the ear attention that he seemed to enjoy. "Now you listen to me! Don't you talk to me with a voice like that first of all!" Her voice growing in tone and size as she spoke, it not fitting what she did to his ears, or did it in some odd way? "Secondly have I shared more than enough with you, just so you know it. I have told you that I can command shadows, I have told you that my life ain't my own and that I ain't like you. What more do you demand of me? I have just told you that I don't want to talk too much about my past, and you follow that up with a question about my past, trying to hide it in other questions. I am not stupid, nor any little lady, thank you."

Yet again had parts of her brain formed a punishment, it wanting to twist his ear around and around until it couldn't go no further, but yet again spoke reason louder and she did only twist them half heatedly a quarter turn before her shadow fingers let go of their pray and dissolved into nothing. With her arms at her side, huffing and puffing as all of her steam was spent as quickly as it had formed, sighed she and bent down to take her squished golem up. "I do not care where we are ending up, I have already told you that I have no home, or have you forgotten that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:10 am

Umbra would indeed have Sugary under her control still as she forced him to move his head down along with the promise of pain and pleasure she caused him from just with how his ears were treated due to her use of magic in her reasonably upset state. But then soon after she made her claim, she'd receive a similar treatment in return as Sugary's horn would glow a bit brighter to show his own magic in use. Unlike her spell though, which she sent his way towards his ears, she'd feel a firm grip instantaneously on her own ears pulling her head down to the table as well. The most notable differences between her method and his own would be apparent in small ways: He would not make his spell reach into her ears quite as far in deep, but there was a grip to it that was more akin to a scolding hold than a teasing one, though there was still a constant underlying gentleness to it.

He was no fool however, and he knew she could do much worse to him with her magic. He could feel her control over her magic being quite purposeful; So very very pleasantly and teasingly purposeful while he tried to keep as still and focused on her as possible as she still kept holding him in a rather peculiar and pleasurable weak spot that still made him question if he should be concerned, vexed, or enjoying himself. The way his magic would work was meant as a warning however. Any direction she moved his ears at, he'd do the same near instantaneously. He had excellent control over his magic, as well as his judgement of her. But the fact his grip was firm meant any intention Umbra had of causing him actual harm, she'd feel it right away in return if she pushed his buttons... Which she was slowly doing as she forced his head down, in his own kitchen, in his own home as he had one eye closed shut behind his mane, trying to hide the pleasure he felt from the treatment to his ears, while the other one stared right adamantly back up at Umbra as if daring her to make a wrong move she shouldn't either.

Even though she did let him go eventually, however, he would continue his hold upon her ears just as she had held him. He'd speak much more calm and composed this time, though the blush still persisted fully as he stood up more straight again. "... I apologize if I've made you feel uncomfortable. There is a method to how I do things, however... and that may mean addressing that which you dislike. I suggest we agree to a compromise from now on... You acknowledge that I am the one giving you my aid willingly, and I will not prod you for information of your past. Share it with me as you see fit... You must also acknowledge who is in command of this ship... or you'll find I can be as strict as I am kind... Do not make demands of me by forcing your will upon me... or I'll show you mine in return..." He was, of course, specifically referring to that very moment between them in which she held his ears without his consent or permission to make her claims of him. In return, he now had her ears in a similar manner to demand respect from her even when she stopped, as there was only so much he could let her get away with as a guest after all. For what is a stallion without self-respect for how others treated him? The magical grip, of course, was more gentle still. "... Do you understand me, Miss Umbra...? Or was pleasuring my ears earlier, at your whims, your way of making up for it?" He left it at that, but still kept the hold on her ears as he actually expected a formal answer from her. Admittedly though, he had a constant lingering thought that just wouldn't leave him alone as he was still feeling flustered. "... It feelt sooo good though. I wish you hadn't stopped that..." A sinful thought, perhaps, but then it's not as if any other mare had ever bothered to give him that particular hidden pleasure. Could anyone really blame him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:40 am

Umbra felt no scarlet hot pain from the demanding hold around her ears, for pain were silly nerves complaining and she had long since taught hers to hush and only speak when she asked. She felt none of the odd pleasuring that Sugary had just spoken about, the concept of pleasure straining from physical stimuli being new and alien to her.

No, what she felt were she were ice cold distress. Distress that he tried to apologize for for with his hollow words.

Had she wished to escape his hold would she have done it, easily so, ripping the spell apart or the ear loose from her head if needed be without much sweat. But as he wrongfully were touching her, assaulting and intruding on the personal space and the free will that she only had gotten ownership off just weeks past stood she petrified as he had his way with her. Her eyes staring directly at him as two deep dead black holes, directly into him and his and his soul it seemed as he spoke.

While the spell binding her had been lifted and she were free at last, did it still take her a long time before she arose from her forced position, her simple not knowing what to do with herself, or with him, or with what he just had done, with what she felt, with her the thought there were filling and lacking from her head, with the world in general.

As a bag of bones with no spark of live to hold it up any longer slid she slowly to the ground, her rear being cushioned from the slow impact by her spatted golem jumping in under her, the mare seeming to get some life and stiffen as she felt it against her body. "But while it is my ship, you are still my guest as well..." Just as his voice had been breaking over just before, so were hears now as she spoke. And just as he had fought with continuing his speech fought she now with his words as well. " If I can avoid upsetting you or making you feel uncomfortable, I will..." While there should be some kind of emotion in her voice, pain, anger, wrath, promises of doom and destruction were there nothing, it being as dead as her eyes there still were looking into his.

There was a long pregnant pause. It giving stillbirth to a lot of little pauses, each one filling more and more of the space between them as Umbra found the strength to take a hold of the table and get up on her legs once more, her eyes still locked on directly onto his. She did not know why she did it, what matter of logic there were underlying her act, but she slapped him right in the face although more physical contact were what she wanted least right now.

The primal more primal parts of her brain yelled that she should flee, that she should hit him once more, that the reddening mark of five fingers on his cheek wasn't enough. Flee. Fight. Flee! Fight! FLEE! FIGHT...! But she did neither, her just staying there watching him and her handprint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:35 am

((Unsailed waters))

He would not let up on holding her ears until she gave him an answer. He would make good on his word to show he was in charge of the ship, and demanded respect as she would not intimidate him. Instead, however, he'd find himself on the receiving end of his own words from before; Words of genuine comfort and kindness, and her face and body language showed she looked anything but safe and comfortable. His hold on her ears began to falter slowly as his words sank back to him the more he looked at her and listened. He didn't feel like he did her wrong... but began to think she thought he did anyway.

It was during his quiet pondering of the conundrum while her bothered gaze kept on him that he received the biggest surprise of the past few days: A sharp and quick pain to his face as she slapped him. "Ghck!?" For a brief moment, his horn seemed to glow brighter, his gaze went from flustered to angry, and his hands clenched into fists briefly while he snorted. And snorted again. And again. And again... And snorted further still, but less intensely more noticeably so each time before he more or less regained his previous posture, and let go of her ears. He was still looking at her adamantly, but not menacingly; His hands were no longer clenched, but his fingers moved a bit anxiously as if indecisive; He'd remain quiet for a moment, only partially flustered now, before he spoke. "... I'd say I deserve that for breaking my promise earlier, but I won't... I am not perfect, Miss Umbra. I cannot read minds. I cannot guess what you like and don't like either because I hardly know you... I know you don't want to tell me much of yourself, but if you tell me nothing at all then all I can do is guess. If I keep having to guess, I may end up breaking my promise again, which I do not wish to do!... I'm going to wash my face now, and I want you to wait for me here... I want you to think on what you like and what you don't like, and choose which of them to tell me when I come back... Until you tell me enough, I have nothing to apologize for. Remember that..."

His mood was a passive aggressive one, but he was genuinely putting effort into making their relationship work as he walked by her and the golems to the bathroom to cool off lest he do something all of them may regret. However, he was not going to be as forgiving if she didn't put any effort of her own in return. If Umbra really wanted Sugary's aid in any way, she needed to give back something to him as well... Should she remain in the kitchen as he asked, he'd return eventually and sit down again, looking much more calm, and wetter overall, doing little else but ask for one thing of her. "... Well...? Are you gonna tell me more this time?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:34 am

She did not want to be left, and neither had she expected him to leave her, even if it was what she wanted in that moment more than anything else. For him to leave and never return. It would be easy enough for her to obtain, the door were just over there, and she had nothing in the bed room that she couldn't leave without... But for some reason did she stray and await him.

She could not forgive him for what he just had did to her, but maybe could she prevent it, the mare walking over to his kitchen counter, doing something with her sleeves pulled up and her back turned to Sugary as he returned. Her two servants not to be seen at first, them trying to hide between each other, as well as a salt grinder that they were using as hiding spot. She knew that he were there before he spoke, her still doing what ever she were doing, her gathering herself a bit before she answered his question. "I do not wish to answer any more of your questions about me nor my past. I have answered seven of your questions, truthfully and without hesitation, and if you should not expect more giving willingly in exchange for the aid that I won't accept that you are giving me willingly. I offered a payment for my stay, my coin being denied, but my labour accepted, so I have paid for fair passage and hospitality. You own this place and are in command of it, there are no doubt, but just as you own your ship and command it, so do I over this body. Each touch, be it magical or physical hurts me, a break on your hollow promise to me that you won't apologize, as well as break of your hospitality." There were something over her voice, something odd, something missing as if she was in deep concentration, her voice sounding a bit strained as well as was nearing the end of whatever it was she were doing. "And as you said, "Do not make demands of me by forcing your will upon me, or I will show you mine in return."."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:51 am

Sugary saw Umbra carefully from where he sat, grateful she didn't leave again. At least there was a chance to keep mending things as he did want to get along with her, however difficult it was proving to be. What did bother him was the cold aura she gave off, which made him feel as if he had been making a deal with a demon this whole time, and the demon was about to ask for compensation for a misdeed. Perhaps in their case, it was closer to the truth than he realized?

Even so, he'd see it through and try to make amends as he tried to choose his next words very carefully after she dictated what happened, and how she felt about him. "... Umbra, I really did mean it when I said you could tell me more about yourself without sharing your past. Call it force of habit, but I'd rather know something of who I'm with than... almost nothing. But I can't force you to do what you don't want to either. That's not what I'm trying to do... That doesn't mean you can touch me with your own magic as you please either...!" He then blinked, and sighed, and kept speaking softly. "... But you're right, I shouldn't have touched you. It's just how I am, a bit... hot headed I guess... So I ask you this: What do you want me to do about all of this?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:21 am

Swearing at herself, as she had been distracted by his words began something to slowly drip onto the floor. It looked a bit like tar, both by colour and its viscous texture, but looking closely at it would one easily tell that it was something else, for tar did not send goosebumps up and down ones back. At each drop hitting the ground tried the two hiding golems to shrink and make themselves even smaller, and seeing as they couldn't do that fled they to a safer hiding spot than the salt grinder, Sugary seeming to be a much better meat shield and safer place to hide behind.

"I have done what I need to do so it never will recur," her turning towards him then, a blood soiled knife in hand, or it had to be blood since were oozing out of her wounds on her arm, even if it were the black liquid that had hit the floor just before. On her arms where drawn runes and circles, intricate and olden rites, each encircling one of the seven jet black beads there had been part of her bracelet, part of their deal. "Our trade of questions are at an end, and do not expect to get it back, so I will not answer the question that you just have given me, but I will give you one in return. What can you do about all of this?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:09 am

It was by now that Sugary felt a chill run down his spine as he saw what looked to be a small blood ritual on Umbra's part. He knew something was off, but now he was caught in a practically impossible conundrum: How could he help Umbra against him harming her, when she's harming herself?

He got up, a look of deep concern over his face as the golems took refuge behind him, looking at Umbra straight in the eyes after seeing her hand and the knife. "I-I... I don't know! Heal your wounds!? Take you to the Crystal Empire!? Look after you!? Not talk about your past!? Tr-..." He then hesitated mildly, coming into conflict between what she said to him, and what he would normally do. "... Try to stop you from hurting yourself if that's what it takes! I know it's your body, but I'll be damned if I pretend not to care about well being! I dunno what your relationship with whoever you were with was, but to hell with the promise of not touching you if you're just gonna do worse to yourself! Now are you gonna let me treat your wounds or not?" His posture took on a more self-assured aura of its own. In the end, he was willing to help her, even if that meant going against her wishes. Of course, he just thought she actually was harming herself, but he wasn't about to second guess if she was alright or not. Such was his way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:24 pm

What he had said up to this point had been fuel for her inner fire, feeding her anger, each and every word he said being ammunition thrown at her feet to be shot directly back into his head, but this talk about hurting herself, wounds and healing were like a bucket of ice water sprinkled with flakes of confusion, the mare frowning and tilting her head as she gave herself time to twist and turn and inspect each and every word he just had said for pure truth and sincerity.

With a flick of her wrist flew the knife trough the air, landing with a splash in the sink without doing any harm, the ichor that were clinging to the blade slowly letting loose with wisps of smoke and small bubbles rising to the surface accompanied by a sound very much like how it would sound if metal could moan, and then again not. With her hands now free stretched she her "wounded" arm forth, laying her hand on top of the other, and slowly began to run it up her arm while looking at Sugary. As her fingers ran over the oozing cuts in her flesh began they to smoke, wisps of the dust that so often accompanied her magic rising up, black and glittering as the nights stars, the fingers leaving black lines as tattoos in the wake where there before had been wounds. "What harm? What wounds?" asked she as she slowly completed her ritual, binding the magic to her skin. "I think that you should stop worry so much. About my past, about my bodies present, and look towards your future instead. I am a big girl, I can take care of myself and need nopony to look after me, and neither for you to touch me against my will."

When her hand reached her shoulder were seven stars donning her arm, seven falling stars with intricate tails of runes after them, each and every one of the falling stars having as many points as falling siblings, each and every one of them marking were one of the beads just before had been embedded in her skin. Each and every line were of a black hue, but no ordinary black. A black so black and dark that it seemed to draw you in, to make tricks with your eyes, them seeming to be immerse into her skin while still being flat with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:52 pm

(("Fleeting Life"))

Sugary was ready to do whatever it took to help Umbra, looking at her movements carefully and her demeanor even as she seemingly stood still. He didn't flinch when she dropped the knife away, but he did look upon her more intently as she did another spell... And so he slowly began to feel more at ease as she ended up healing her own wounds, and calming down again. By the time she finished speaking to him, he sighed deeply and leaned back against the table a bit, looking exasperated while staring at her arm. "Good grief... Fine... Let's do that then... The thing... Looking forward to the future and stuff..."

He then looked down to the golems hiding right behind his legs still, and spoke softly. "... How do you two manage to keep up with her...?" And looked back up to her as he looked to her arm some more while wearily rubbing his face. "... Listen... I'm gonna get the ship ready to depart for today then... Make sure you got all your things in place, some stuff might move once we set out, and uh... If you need anything, just ask... But you know it, so... yeah..." He then grumbled as he walked out of the kitchen, taking another cookie with him while softly grumbling to himself about hoping for a nice relaxing morning, meeting liches, and being left wanting more ear rubbing.

He'd then stop right by the doorway, however, as he looked to the cookie, and then to the oven, but not to the others as he spoke in general. "... By the way... I was serious about that offer to make more sweets today... So you think on that..." And so, somewhat begrudgingly, he set to work on basic maintenance below as he started to tinker with the engine room...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:29 am

With what there sounded a bit like an angry stomp, neigh of frustration closely followed by a huffed "Fool!" and the sound of something hitting meat stormed Umbra out of the kitchen, a red handprint much like the one that had donned Sugary's cheek now donning the blue mare as she sought up to the deck of the ship and some fresh air as well as space to be alone, her not caring if her books were thrown a bit around or not.

Seeing their meaty shield disappear, and then their creator storm off after having acted most peculiar and much different from anything that they had ever seen, The Mistress of all things Magnificent even colouring her snow white skin red with force, looked one of them to the other, and then the other to the one, both of them nodding at the exact same time as they just had taken their usual forms.

Normally would they have gone after The most Stunning Star of the Night after having cleaned the kitchen up, spit taken tea cleaned up, and etched knife almost as good if not clean as new, but now did the clay siblings seek inwards instead of out to their creator, they knew full well that she needed her space after all... And beside that were the Caramel Sage a most peculiar and entertaining one to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:16 am

Sugary was not too surprised to hear Umbra walking about in anger, but decided not to push it further as he heard little more otherwise. He knew she was still nearby, as she was very hard to miss so long as she was what she was. "... She'd better not have tossed things up on the deck, or I may actually have to discipline her... And yet... Does she even know what discipline IS?"

The maintenance he ran downstairs was mainly basic. Particularly, he was looking at the pipes and gears up close to make sure there were no immediate stresses to the machinery to worry about mid-trip, oiling up a few other parts lightly as well while he had the time. He then felt something nearby that was like Umbra, and yet not like her at all. He'd turn to look around, and spot the pair of clay beings among the metal and wood of the engine room. ".......... What are you two doing here? Did something happen to Umbra?" He'd stop what he was doing for now, curious as to what brought the odd pair to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:13 am

Of course had something happened to The most Wonderful Mage in the world, else would she not have acted like she had acted and touched him and all the other forbidden things, but the two knew better than to take what he said so literary. Both of them shaking with their bodies as to say no since they had no voices, them looking for a bit at what he were doing, clearly curious, the bone clad one being drawn nearer and nearer until it were amongst The Caramel sages tools, it handing them to him as it slowly learned what there was needed when. The other more stoic golem just looking at it now and then, its back turned to the two, arms over cross as to say that he wouldn't fall so low as to help the enemy, for an enemy he was if the Mistress chose to use force against it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   

Back to top Go down

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next