A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

A Promise To Keep

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Kryptid

PostSubject: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:25 am

(This is intended to be a continuation of Nightingale and Marble Rye's meeting at the Multidimensional Bar and Grill. This will mostly cover slice-of-life but may also become action or maybe adventure depending on how things progress. For those wanting to join, please contact either jz96 or myself through a PM. Take note that this takes place in a mostly-canon MLP universe, so player characters that strongly conflict with that (like robots, cyborgs, FO:E, aliens, humans, etc.) will likely not be accepted. This is also not a thread for clop.)

Landing on his hooves with a heavy thump, the new arrival took a reviving breath and folded his large, brown wings against his body. The local time was 7:54 PM and the overcast sky was beginning to change to purple-gray as the reddening Sun approached the horizon. Activity had died down in Ponyville by now, making it easy for Marble Rye to analyze all of the remaining the residents one-by-one. None of them were the tan vampony he was waiting for, however. Well, there was still a little time left before she was supposed to arrive. Then again, she might already be inside the building.

He stood with a hoof held against the pink front door. There was a feeling of anxiety flitting through Marble's heart as he considered the consequences of her actually being in there. If it turned out that Nightingale was a part of his own reality, that would make him rather happy. On the downside, that would also mean that there were evil vamponies and were-ponies lurking in his same world. Every benefit comes with a cost... He sighed deeply and pushed his way in, prepared for either possibility to reveal itself to him.

Last edited by Kryptid on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kryptid.deviantart.com
jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:46 am

There was an dark brown, mare was sitting at one of sugar cubes corner booths in the corner. She looked like she was waiting for something or somepony. she didn't seem to be like any unusual pony if it wasn't for her weird and kind of creepy bat like eyes. "Gale you're just building up your hopes, you been shown many time of many dimensions. The likelihood of some pony you meet at a bar that connects to an unknown amount of them, and for both of you being in the same one, is slim to none." The thought ran through her head. The mare let out a sigh laying her head on the table. "Why do I keep doing this to myself?"

Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:29 am

Strolling inside a few steps, the familiar form seated across the room from Marble immediately seized his attention. His jaw slackened as it was confirmed to him that Nightingale was indeed a part of his own world, as well as all of the unfortunate implications that fact brought with it. As he silently took a few steps in her direction, his focus was interrupted by a blur of pink that rose up in front of him.

"Hey, mister! Welcome to Sugarcube Corner! Wanna take a look at our newest cake?! It's got strawberries in the cake, strawberries in the frosting, strawberries on the frosting, and everywhere else too! It's strawberrifictastic!"

"Guh!" The stallion gasped at the interruption, fumbling backwards a few steps, "I, uh, I may have a look at that... a littler later... " Marble peeked around Pinkie Pie's head at Gale. "Just give me a few minutes to think about what I want, okay?"

"Okeedokee then! Let me know when you're ready and I'll show you all the yummilicious treats we have!"

Marbled nodded to her as she bounced off back into the kitchen, allowing him to return his attention to the vampony. He trotted right up to the tan mare's side, "I can't believe it... is it... really you?"

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:47 am

"No I'm her evil twin, Sherlock." being very sarcastic and not noticing who she was talking to. after a moment. she surprise hug, the stallion pegasus. "OH my gosh. It is you, I might actually have a friend that didn't try to kill me once...." Gale stop talking realizing. she might be crushing her friend's spine. "Hehe. Sorry, I know you're not a fan of hugs." Gale letting go. "and we start off awkward, way too go Gale."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:09 am

Marble's eyes bulged from the combination of surprise and crushing pressure, only returning to a somewhat normal appearance once the earth pony hybrid released her grip. He could feel warmth flowing into his face, now feeling thankful that he had fur that would cover his blushing. The taller of the two ponies averted his eyes and scraped at the floor with a hoof, "Um, yeah, I-I'm glad to see you too." He quickly managed to straighten himself up, "I never would have counted on this actually succeeding. Guess it works in our favor though, right? I mean, having to go back to that one place just to get a chance to see each other would have been a chore after a while, hehe."

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:18 am

" hehe. ya." Scooting over in the booth to let her friend on. "To be honest I'll really didn't think we see each other again. The bar is so weird, I was just happy, I wasn't the only weird thing in that bar. you know."

Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:31 am

He accepted the offered seat, grinning at her statement, "Hey, nopony is as weird as that Jäger guy. Even the changeling queen would look normal beside him!" Marble rested his forehooves on the table, "I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of going back some day. Strange things there, but that also makes it kind of intriguing. Kind of like opening a pack of trading cards. You never know what's going to be inside." The pegasus looked around at the decor of the bakery, "So, is this a regular hang-out of yours? You like sweets at all?"

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:48 am

Pondering it for a minute. Gale responded " I say this is a hang out for me. Ponyville is where most of my friends, my mom and most of the bloodline live. If I get sick of travel I come back here for a few nights and recharge." Pausing again on Rye second question. I guess, I like sweets, not an huge, ice cream fan. Never got into the chill."

Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:16 am

"I've only been here, I think, um, twice before. Pretty good cupcakes if I remember correctly. I don't eat sweets all that often myself. I try to eat healthy when I can, but I may go for a fruit tart once in a while." Marble gazed at the display case from his seat, "I think I'll buy a little something before I leave, though. It's the least I could do for them allowing us to sit and chat like this."

Marble's nose wrinkled when he heard about the bloodline. So there are more vamponies here? I don't know how I should feel about that. If I'm lucky, Gale will put in a good word for me and they won't see me as potential prey. "I sure hope the other vamponies in Ponyville are as nice as you, hehe," he laughed nervously. Regardless, he thought he'd try not to focus too much on the negatives right now, "So... where was it that you live exactly? Do you have a house of your own?"

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:32 am

Gale saw Rye reaction to blood line. " Don't worry the only vamponies in this town, are my mom and my two "aunts". I'll pitch in to the group that you're a nice guy and you promise to keep my thing a secret." Gale rubbed her hoof together "Well I don't have much to a solid house. I normally find a friend in town and stay at their place, like here I'll be at my mom's." Gale trying to make that last statement sound remotely cool.

Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:38 pm

"Oh, thanks," Marble relaxed a little at her offer, "Yeah, I do imagine you'd want to keep the whole vampony thing a secret. I'll keep that in mind." He pondered her statement about the lack of a real house, "So you just hop around from one place to another, huh? I guess that could be kind of fun. Gives you plenty of opportunities to see new things and meet new ponies..."

"Hey! You guys know what you want yet?!" Pinkie burst into the conversation.

Marble jolted, trying to think of something, "Uh, um... cookies?"

"What kind? We have triple chocolate supreme, fruitcake frazzle dazzle, munchy macadamia mounds..."

"Oh, uh, j-just surprise me!" He said without thinking, just wanting to get the pink one out of his mane.

"Ooooooh, surprise cookies? That's the best kind!"

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:19 pm

Gale giggle at Rye reaction to pinkie, "good thing you're not meeting the rest of my friends." She joked to Rye.
" You know, the usual Pinkie."
" A plate of surprise cookie for jumpy, and two red velvet cupcakes for tweety, okee dokee." pinkie cheerful mention before bouncing into the kitchen.
Gale was not being amused by that tweety comment.

Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Marble let out a held breath when the pink pony departed, "Now that I think about it, I do remember seeing her when I was here last time. She's certainly... " He considered a list of appropriate descriptors, "Enthusiastic."

He grinned at the nickname, "Heh, Tweety? How'd you earn that one?"

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:46 pm

Gale then give, Rye the same expression of bitterness, not being able to hide to little blush of embarrassment. " It an nickname that my mom calls me, she wanted to call me something other then Gale, so she gave me that name about 100 plus years ago. I guess she must of mention it in front of pinkie."

Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:48 pm

"Doesn't seem like you're too fond of it. I'll just stick with calling you Gale then, even if I do think Tweety is kind of cute," he snickered, amused at the thought of a scary, blood-sucking creature of the night like her having such a harmless-sounding nickname. "Other ponies would sometimes call me 'big guy' or 'freckles' when I was in school, but that was probably because most of them didn't know my name. Not like I blame them. I had a pretty small friend group."

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:20 am

Gale pouted at the mention her nice name cute, "Okay mister, you know one embarrassing fact about me, now I want to know something about you, tell me about... your fillyhood or one embarrassing fact about yourself." Gale challenged Rye. "If he mentions that he get shy around mares, he better have an excuse not to be shy around me."  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:19 am

"Cripes... uh... " Alright, what can I tell her? What would I even be willing to tell her? Marble began to grind his teeth, searching for something to speak about, "Okay... I guess... I guess I kind of have a thing for... Spitfire from the Wonderbolts." He hid his face with a hoof as he spoke, slumping down so that he no longer looked taller than Gale.

The moment of being self-conscious was cut short by Pinkie's prompt return, "You're in luck! We already had some made!" The perky mare transferred the tray from her back to the table using her teeth. There were two plates on the tray, one with crimson cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting and red sprinkles while the other had what appeared to be completely plain cookies.

Huh. Regular sugar cookies? Thought she'd be more creative than that. Marble clasped one of the treats with a hoof, examining its unimpressive form.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Try it! Try it!" The blue-eyed pony insisted as she hopped in place.

As instructed, the brown pegasus shrugged and took a bite. Immediately, an array of multi-colored confetti exploded from the bite mark as the sound of a party favor filled the air. Startled at the outburst, Marble dropped the rest of the baked good back onto the plate, "Wh-what was that?!"

"A surprise! That is what you wanted, right? Each cookie has a different surprise in it!"

The stunned chef stared at his plate, now feeling unsure about his order decision. I'm not even going to pretend to know how she did that... I just hope the other surprises are more... tame... "Um, thanks. So... how much for these?" He fumbled for his wallet.

"Just five bits for those, but hey! Did I hear you say something about the Wonderbolts? You should totally talk to Dashie. She's knows all about them!"

He passed off the money to the pink baker, now wondering who this 'Dashie' was.

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:31 am

"Ya rainbow dash, that rainbow mane, pain in the neck. that flies around." gale explain, "Oh, I can already feel the headache."
Blowing some of the confetti off her plate. "So you have a crush on spits, that pretty cool. I don't know her much on a deep level. But we were sparring partners for a bit, mare can give a good kick to the head."

"Quick question, Pinks, nothing going to explode in my face, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:46 am

Pinkie shook her head, "Oh no no no! The cupcakes are compleeeetely safe." She then leaned in and whispered into the vampony's ear, "But not even I know what those cookies will do... "

The stallion coughed on some cookie crumbs when he heard Nightingale's amazing claim, "Huck! Augh! You... Y-you know Spitfire?!"

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:41 am

"Mmhhh, granted we probably could of met in a better way, but yet, I make most of my friends this way." Gale shrugged off that fact and took a bite of her cupcake.

" Ohh story time." Pinkie cheerful expressed.

Normally I'll say "no" but Marble thinking the same thing. Gale cleared her throat.

" It start off in canterlot and i was fleeing from some vamponies. lucky for them, they manage to knock me off the side of the cliff with a cart. I must of been fading in and out because the next thing I knew I hit something and heard a mare yell. " OH FUCK!"

It wasn't the ground because a few moment later we hit a pond. While I was underwater, I took looked around to see who I hit. By the time I had a chance she was already climbing out. I manage to climb myself out I didn't pay attention to who it was. We just started yelling at each other, "What the hell were you doing? Being stupid, Watch where you're flying next time, bird brain." Stuff along those lines. I guess I must of said something really bad and well...

She punch me in the face. "So that how you want to go down." Me making a cocky comment I had no intention to hurt her just, make my point. What I didn't know at the time was that she was Really good at fighting. She counter my swing and knocked me back a little. We exchanged blows for about an hour or two. I manage to buck her into a tree. Before I could follow up she did some dust attack. When the dust settle I saw her flying away. "That what I thought you Bi-!." That was the last thing I said before getting an face of double dive kick. Thing send me flying. I think she got another punch in before I tackle her. We were practically strangling each other before she mention. "Why we trying to kill each other?" Sounds stupid I know, but at the time were got so many blows to the head we forgot why, and we both looked like a mess to boot. We loosen our grips and try to clean up. We talked about how we were trained? how it is to flyer? Heck, she even figure out my secret without me even hinting at it. She ask a few question about that and she promised that she wouldn't snitch. The moon rises and she had to go. " Gale, we totally need to do this more. We could cross train each other, we got deal?" "

And that the end of that story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:02 am

The attention of the stallion remained unbroken as his friend told her story, trying to absorb every detail. He reached for another cookie almost involuntarily, never taking his eyes off of Gale as she recounted her memory of Spitfire. Marble was in for a rude awakening as the piece of cookie that snapped off in his mouth started flashing, crackling and whistling like fireworks. His concentration was destroyed as he started freaking out. "Wah-augah!" The light show quickly burned out, however, ultimately leaving him unharmed despite the chaos. He dropped the remainder of the cookie back onto the plate, "O-okay! That's enough for now! I'll eat these later... "

"Neat! It's been a long time since I've seen one do that!" Pinkie acknowledged.

After regaining his composure, the pegasus returned his thoughts to the fight. The idea of Gale hitting his crush was a bit of a cold revelation, but he had no idea how long ago that was and both of them seemed to work out their differences in the end. "So... do you still train with her? Or is that ancient history by now?"

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:11 am

"Ya, we still train every now and then, but now we take it easy on each other sometimes we don't even fight and just relax. We normally make plans while we in the same town. Hehe ya, sorry that I might of almost rearrange your mare face." Nervously rubbing the back of her head.

Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Marble sunk deep into though. I can't believe this. I might actually have a chance to meet Spitfire in person! Her autograph is the one I've wanted the most for so long! But... even if Gale could arrange for me to meet with her, could I even muster up the courage to go through with it? I'd probably just make a fool out of myself. What would I even say to her? "Well... I-I wouldn't call her my mare. She's completely out of my league. I have no delusions about that."

Pinkie Pie leaned over and started poking Marble in the shoulder, giving him an impish grin, "Interesting... so you want Spitfire to be your special somepony? Hmmmmm?"

The pegasus had been trying to talk low enough for the earth pony not to hear him, but apparently that had failed. He began holding up his hooves defensively, "No no no! It's not like that at all! I-I'm just a fan! Just a fan!" A few beads of sweat formed on his forehead.

The curly-haired pony squinted and eyed him suspiciously, "Just a fan... riiiight... " She winked at him playfully, obviously not buying his excuses.

Yeesh, doesn't this mare have any other customers to bother? As it turned out, she did not: Marble Rye and Nightingale were the only two patrons present at the moment. He was feeling uneasy again, but he couldn't just up and run like he did back in the bar, could he? Maybe he could change the subject instead, "So... you like to take vacations or anything like that?"

jz96

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Gale gave off an smirk at how shy Rye is acting, "Oh sure, just a fan I can so buy that." Should I offer the chance to meet her, I'm bound to run in to her here. or would that be to mean.

"Well, I do like taking heart warming and Nightmare night vacations, normally I catch up with every pony in Trotsylvania. Run in to some old rivals, have fun all that normal vacation stuff. Well normal for me." Gale explain while taking another bite of her dessert.

Kryptid

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:00 am

"Those must be some pretty busy days to travel, especially Hearth's Warming Eve. I've always preferred to spend that day with my parents at their house. It's much more peaceful that way." He packed away the cookies in the brown sac that he had originally brought to collect wild mushrooms in. "I'm actually rather fond of Nightmare Night. Well, certain aspects of it. I don't like being pranked, jump-scared or looking at gore, but I do enjoy cooking up treats for the local foals. I even dress up a little myself for when I pass them out. Nothing that's ever too scary, of course."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Promise To Keep   

Back to top Go down

A Promise To Keep
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next