A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:16 pm

Late one evening, Eve found himself strolling around uppercanterlot heading back to his apartment after a very long day flying cross country. He was tired and cranky and just wanted to go to bed.  And yet he kept going down various alleyways exploring all around the district with a disgruntled look on his face. He had to wake up early tomorrow and meet with some fellow researchers and just band off some data he collected.

After the 8 or 9th alleyway he stopped at a dead end and looked around himself. "Where in tartarus do I even live!? It was then that a shadow emerged from the corner behind him.

The cloaked pony slowly began to draw out a long dagger. "Maybe, I can help you stranger... But only if you help me..."

"Oh wow that's really kind of you, you se-.... Oh, OH! You mean that as in your going to rob me... Not, you know actually help me, ok yeah no I get it now. Sorry bout that I got a little confused by your first statement." Eve quickly reached to his side and drew his saber from its sheath. "Aha! Enguarde! You've robbed your last victim, as now you face the dread pir- DICK!" The saber went clattering across the ground after being yanked away by a magical aura that emanated from the thief.

"Will you please for the love of celestias, stop talking and just give me your money! Damn!" The thief cried out exasperated as he began to approach Eve with the dagger in hand. "And if your thinking about trying to fly away I'm just going to ground you with my magic so make this easier on both of us."

Eve caught himself as he was just about to jump into the sky and take off and swore under his breath. "Look I don't have any money on me, all I got are these ancient artifacts belonging to a civilization that disappeared a long time ago................"

The thief stared at him for what seemed to be a long while before finally speaking up. "You know...."

"Yes I just realized what I said!"

"Alright then, give them to me."

"No, they belong in a museum! Or the archives for research. Seriously though I can't give these up to you."

"Well looks like I'm just going to kill you then."

"Buck!" Eve swore as he started to look around in a panic. "Help, somepony.... Please! Dashing stallion in distress, assistance required!" The hooded pony then charged at Eve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:11 am

It was approximately at this point that someone stepped directly in between the thief and Eve. Precisely how there came to be a pony nearby, much less close enough to intervene with such casual ease in the situation, would likely be a mystery to Eve and the thief alike. The relevant fact of the matter, however, is that a pony in what appeared to be Royal Guard armor is now standing between that knife and the aforementioned dashing stallion. "'Ey, wot's all this now, wot's all this?" The mare asked in a very cheerful dockworker Trottingham accent. The cheeriness of her greeting, however, is bellied by the fact that as she steps in front of the thief, two weapons that look like very wicked and menacing versions of pickaxes, slip smoothly out of their sheathes and are raised up into a ready position by reddish-tinged unicorn magic. "Some blighter disturbing the peace with a deadly weapon? Now, that's just not proper is it?" She grins very widely and toothily at the thief, of a fairly impressive height and build for a mare and her coat very much a blood-red color with braided locks of ebony black mane.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:55 pm

"AH!" Both stallions yelped while jumping back in almost perfect unison. The thief had stuffed his dagger back into his cloak nearly stabbing himself in the process while Eve was up against the alleyway one jump scare away from hyperventilating.

"ahem Why nothing officer. Me and my friend here were just discussing old times and I was concerned for the fellows immediate health..." The cloaked pony said coily as though nothing had happened.

"Ah haha huff I see huff what you did there cough but nah that's definitely not what's going on here. You clearly stated you were going to kill me." Eve was now leaning against the wall panting with his hand over his chest still trying to wrap his mind on what was going on. "Where did you even come from?"

The thief ignored Eve and continued to talk to the guardmare. "Well, officer what he said may be true but you see I'm about to strike gold off this fellow here. So if you'd be so kind as to turn around for a minute or so I'm sure something nice will be in it for you as well. I can see your still a trainee as your coat isn't white like the rest of the guards. So think of this as an early bonus and an introduction to your guard life. You let some by and you get the real money." He said keeping his distance from the mare just in case. Eve was staring at the mare a bit scared but he was trying to maintain some confidence in his demeanor although that speach the stallion gave quickly drained a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:00 am

"That's actually an interesting idea," the new guard mare says thoughtfully. "I could step out of your way and let you harm an innocent pony if he doesn't hand over his money, and I could have a little extra in my bit pouch." She stops to think about this, tapping the cobblestone beneath her hooves with the tip of one of her wicked-looking pickaxe weapons. The moment the thief moves his eyes, even for a split second, he'd suddenly find the very sharp tip of the other weapon resting very gently against his throat. "However, there's a bit of an issue with that course of action. You see, rare and valuable ancient artifacts occupy a rather exclusive market and so, selling them off would require the intervention of a fairly specialized fence who'd be obligated to wait for a while until the artifacts are no longer 'hot' and then 'wash' them through a legitimate front such as a university or the like. So what's you're trying to get me to do is let you cut up a pony for sport and steal from him in return for a bribe I'm never going to see. You can see why I'm not really into that idea. I've got a really cool idea for you though." She bares her teeth in a wide, somewhat crazed smile as she leans very slightly closer to the thief's face. "Run."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:23 pm

When the mare first spoke a cold wave of despair washed over Eve as he figured this was it but instead of slumping over and crying, Eve just simply smiled and laughed a bit at the irony of it all. How he had survived that wreck so long ago only to die here in some shitty alleyway for some money all because he had forgotten how to get home. However as the guardmare continued to speak, both stallions found themselves staring up at her dumbfounded. The thief clearly not having thought of any of that and Eve wondering how the beautiful mare knew so much about the underworld marketing system.

When the guardmare leaned in closer to the thief with that wicked smile on her face, the thief stepped back and his knees began to shake. However, the thief managed to maintain that look of cold confidence even in the face of what seemed to be a psychopathic murderous guard mare. "Alright, alright, no need to get all fired up like that, I know when I'm beaten. I'll just be leaving now alright. You'll be having no more trouble from me." The thief turned and began to walk away. "Once your dead..." He added under his breath.

Eve noticed as the thief gripped Eves saber with his magic and launched it straight at the mare at high velocity while simultaneously spinning around with the dagger in hand and leaping at her as well. "Watch out!" Eve screamed as he rose and ran to jump in the way of the saber as to hopefully save the mares life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:21 pm

The moment the thief says the word 'dead', the guard mare is moving, squaring her shoulder and moving it down so that the saber launched at her encounters angled armor instead of flat, and it would deflect off what is clearly somewhat thicker and heavier armor than the filigree-covered parade stuff that the Royal Guard typically wear. At the same time, Eve would find himself rather insistently shoulder-checked out of the way as the mare moves into the thief's attack with both pickaxes twirling in her magical field. "Sweetheart, I've gotta say: that wasn't a terribly good decision on your part," she says to the thief as she sweeps one of her pickaxes up to catch the hand with the dagger on the shaft just below the head, and then brings the shaft of the other one slamming down a few inches lower on his arm, very likely shattering his wrist. "Hey you, civilian... kindly bugger off so you don't get stabbed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Eve suddenly found himself being shoved out of the way as the saber bounced off her armor without arm. He hit the ground with a loud "oof" before going prone and staring up confused as to what just happened. The thief on the other hand was stopped mid jump and got his wrist broken by the mare in which he grunted in pain. "Agh! You bitch!" The dagger clattered to the ground.

Eve still a bit dazed barely heard Scarlet to tell him to get out of their. He shook his head to clear it just in time to see the sword being turned around to stab the mare in the back. "Stop trying to stab ponys with my sword!" He yelled as he jumped on the blade and grabbed the handle trying to wrestle it out of his magical grip.

When the thief saw that the saber wasn't coming to assist him he drew a smaller pocket knife from his back and wheeled it around to stab her in the side between the armored plates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:19 am

The guard mare smirks just a moment before the knife slips between the armored plates and goes slightly into her side. "Oh, now that stung," she says before reaching up and grasping his head between her two hands since his knife and the hand holding it is presently occupied trying to get deep enough through thick tough athletic muscle to really hurt her, and uses it to drive the hard crest of her skull into his face and then follows it by interlocking her arms with his so he can't move them (likely making the one with the broken wrist hurt quite a bit) and drives her knee into his most sensitive bits, letting go at the same time and moving a hand to the wrist of the hand still grasping the pocket knife. "And that, I'm certain, hurt. Want me to hurt you more?" Even as she asks it, she uses thumb and forefinger to squeeze the wrist as an unspoken signal for him to drop the knife. "Also, let the saber go or I might be forced to drive a pick into your head before you drive a sword into my back."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:16 am

The thief slumped groaning in pain. "Gah! For the love of Celestia! I give! I give already! What the buck are you even made of you masochistic bitch!" The thief dropped his secondary knife and his telekinetic grip on the sword and ceised struggling before she would break his other hand.

Eve ran up to the guardmare with a worried look on his face. A large openly bleeding gash could be seen on his left arm from where he cut it trying to stop his own sword, however the wound didn't seem to concern him. "Sweet Luna, hour bleeding all over yourself. Let me bandage that for you before you lose any more blood." Without waiting for an answer Eve tore his shirt open and made a long thick strip out of it. The stallion had a body of a professional swimmer, while he may not have had any bulk he had plenty of lean muscle covering his body that made up for it. He then went to wrapping the cloth around her mid, trying to get the cloth underneath the armor so it put nice tight pressure on the wound. Eve ignored the thief who was glaring bloody murder at both of them and grunt disapprovingly at Eve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:05 pm

"Broadly speaking, complex protein chains, phospholipids, and calcium," the guard mare says with a grin. "If you want more details, I've got an older sister who's such a major nerd that you'd want smack her. Which I've done. Then spent a few minutes getting pummeled by her ultraviolent marefriend, which explains why I tolerate pain so well." She turns just in time to see a stallion rip his shirt off and tear it into strips to bind her wounds. "...OK, I've heard of reaping immediate rewards for being a proactive guard but this's has got to be a new record." She raises her arms so he can get at and bind the oozing wound, taking the time to fully appreciate a shirtless stud wrapping her up, staying within easy arm's reach for maximum touching. Tragically, keeping her arms up so he can take care of her means that she can look but not fondle touch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:05 am

Eve stared up at the guard mare for a second, not quite understanding what she meant before he went back to finishing up the wrap around her waste. The thief on the other hand made a pained grunt in exasperation. "Yeah ok robo-bitch. I didn't ask for your life story. And save your stallion oggling for another time Im getting sick of being around both of you. You two actually make me want to go to jail." The thief then slat at the guard mares boots and shook some trying to get her to back off him some.

"You know if you hit him I wont say anything." Eve said just as he finished the knot. He then looked down at his own arm and actually just noticed that he was in fact bleeding. "Ow, shit. Where did this come fro... Oh wait, my sword. Never mind. Speaking of swords, where is the night guard anyways? Don't get me wrong I'm glad a beautiful mare such as yourself came to my rescue. But don't the thestrals usually take the night shift? You got any way of messaging them so they can come and take this bastard away?" Eve was now looking through his satchel for something to wrap his own arm with seeing as how he had already wrapped his whole shirt around her waist. Well it was too dark to make out any details on the mare he did find his gaze drifting towards the mares flank but would quickly avert his eyes back to his bag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:28 am

The guards mare takes a half-step away from him, her attention never leaving Eve. "I'm sure the night guard is only a minute away but it so happened that I was nearby and you sounded so cute from far away that my feminine intuition told me that it'd be a good idea to save your plot. As to signalling them... um..." She seemed to get slightly more red for a moment. "I sort of forgot that I should. Just a sec, cutie." She lit her horn and a mote of reddish magic jumped into the air and soared high above them and then exploded into a shape... of a hand pointing down at where the thief is and letters above it reading 'Scumbag Collection Here'. She turns and gives the thief a smirk. "As to hitting him harder... naw. A broken wrist and a nut shot is more than enough stallion abuse for one night, even if he's a criminal."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Eve sat back and scratched the back of his head as his face went flush. "I sounded cute huh? Well there goes the last shreds I had of my masculinity I guess.." Eve sighed before face talking with his bleeding arm and recoiled with quiet hiss of pain. Eve looked up into the night sky observing the mares message. 'Scumbag collection here'? That's a nice touch. You know, um, perhaps, once the night guard gets here and collects the criminal scum, I could walk you over to the hospital? You know cuz like your bleeding, I'm bleeding and we probably really need to get medical attention before infection hits..... Speaking of which, I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Evening Tide, friends just call me Eve though."

The thief squirmed around in distress. "Oh you little bitch! When I get out I'm gonna have you both killed for this. I have powerful friends ya know. Don't think because you beat me now that I've actually given up. This isn't over, and I will not be humiliated like this!"

Eve began chuckling at the thief, then looked at the guard mare and stopped and cleared his throat. "Ahem... Sorry I was thinking of something else."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:24 pm

"I don't mind if you're masculine, Eve... time around my sisters has convinced me that mares would be just as fun as stallions." The guardsmare remarks brightly to him. "Plus, I'm female, I like cute." She leans over and gives him a light kiss on the cheek. "You're a dear to offer to walk me to the hospital, Eve, but I'm made of pretty tough stuff, I'll be fine to go alone." She looks back at the thief on the ground. "Besides which, we can't go until the trash has been taken out. It doesn't mean that I can't enjoy the situation at hand." She promptly gives him an unabashed glomp. "Mmm... well-cut handsome stallion, so nice and firm..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides   

Back to top Go down

Evening Skies over Scarlet Tides
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1