A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:28 am

The general store was in sight for Sena and Dust. 'Sharps and Blunts' was built not too long ago, with the idea that tossing a store near Canterlot's biggest school would draw customers. The idea proved a very lucrative one for an earthpony named 'Loads' a Money'. I only tell you this because I assume you've been here before, because it's the closest one... and you student types are notoriously lazy. When you step inside, Loads' A Money would greet you. Which is why the next revealing probably won't surprise you.

"Whalecum tah' Shharpsh N' Bluntsh, whaaat chan I dew yew fo'?" The enthusiastic and very oddly accented voice of Loads greeted the ears of the two mares.

Back within the walls of The Canterlot School For Gifted Unicorns, Ardent Vehemence turned to look at the two ponies who had spoken to her. "I am fine. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the late professor. Anomie is dead. His class is canceled until further notice." she stated bluntly.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:28 pm

Sena cringed a little as she apparently had asked about a somewhat sore subject. The grin she held became strained as she listened but when Dust fixed her with a smile, Sena's returned to it's usual state. "Ah, I thought I'd seen you in there a lot," Sena commented before the store came into view and they walked in. Of course she'd been in there before, and the greeting was the same as it'd been many a time before. "Hello Mr. Money, we've got a list of things we need," Sena said as she motioned and waited for Dust to offer up the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:50 am

"Oh... that's, um..." Ciergey cringed. She never really was very good at this sort of thing. "Um... sad. Tragic, even. I'm so sorry." She paused, then added, "My condolences." She was forced to let another silence fill the corridor before raising her voice again. "Um, well, you see, apparently there was this thing that Professor Anomie sent us, before, um, all this. It's... a cryptic note, and, um..." She looked to Sacred for support, a slightly panicked look on her face.

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:25 am

Sacred frowned at Ardent, looking between the mare and the door. Well damn. Looks like her suspicions were right and they weren't going to be able to talk to the professor. She let out a small sigh and looked over at Ciergey. She raised an eyebrow at the mare as she tried to...comfort Ardent? She blinked when the other mare looked at her silently asking for support. She quickly thought of what to do. She shrugged a little. "You're asking a mute mare to help you explain a complicated situation." Her magic reached into her bag and pulled out the note that had been with the packet. She floated it over to Ardent for her to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:28 pm

Dust noticed Sena was a bit worried and gave her a subtle nod of reassurance. "It's fine, don't worry about it."

"Do you have all of these in stock?" Dust asked, hoofing the list to the gender-unspecified pony waiting for them. "We're going on a trip, so we need as much as we can carry."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:21 am

"O' cuss, o' cuss. 'as Mistah Mooney e'er dizapointed yew?"  Asked Loads, taking the list into his hooves. He looked over it, running around his store as he grabbed the requested items. He displayed them for the two students to view. "'ill dat bee all den, ladiies?" Loads asked, his accent still outrageous and completely untraceable.

Equestria certainly has special ponies, doesn't it? Anyways... back at the school, the other two I have to worry about were still talking to their headmistress, Ardent Vehemence. She quickly read the note presented to her, and she sighed.

"Anomie... what have you gotten these kids into?" Ardent mumbled under her breath. "Where are your roommates?" she asked the duo.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Sena looked at the amassed goods and pondered for a moment as she tried to think of anything else that could come in handy. She was about to give the 'alls good' when a sudden idea came to her. "Oh, we should get some rope too, I've heard one should never take a long trip or such without rope," Sena explained as she looked over to Dust to sort of double check to see if that was a normal reasoning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:37 pm

"Our roommates?" Ciergey asked. All of a sudden, she snapped to attention. Thoughts began running through her head at light speed.

Tell the truth, one side of her reasoned.

You can't tell her that your friends are out getting supplies for what Anomie has 'gotten us kids into'.

We don't have enough time to come up with a convincing lie.

How about this then...

"They're out shopping." Ciergey waved a hoof in what she hoped was the general direction of the store, which was likely in exactly the opposite direction knowing her luck. "We ran out of paper yesterday, so they went to help us get more. That, and a snack." She pointed at the note. "We figured it was going to be a long day when we saw that note. I suggested we talk it over with Professor Anomie over lunch. They went to help us get food."

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Sacred tilted her head to the side as Ardent talked. She took the note back and put it in her saddlebags. She raised an eyebrow when the headmistress asked where their roommates were. She looked over at Ciergey as she seemed to be thinking of an answer. She waited for the mare to answer that they were buying food and paper for them. She blinked for a moment before nodding at Ardent. "Also, it is that way." She pointed in the opposite direction that Ciergey had pointed. She gave the mare a smile though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:01 pm

She nodded. "Couldn't hurt, especially if we're going to be dealing with rough terrain." She pre-emptively brought out the money the goods would cost, and a few bits extra for the rope. "It's better to overprepare than to underprepare."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Ardent Vehemence glared at Ciergey, a cold, calculating stare that seemed to pierce into the student's very being, calling bullshit on her half truth. "I see." she said, moving towards the two students. "And, have you opened the package?" she asked.

You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love
You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price, I know~

AHEM. Anywho, back at Sharps And Blunts,

"Pleashure dooin' buzzinuss wichu, garls." Said the smiling Mr. Money, bagging their purchased merchandise and accepting their money.  "Tonks fer YER buzzinuss!" he waved them goodbye as they left.

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Ciergey smiled back at Sacred, then turned to Ardent once she asked her question. "The package? Yeah, we did. The package is open." She hoped she was doing the right thing here. No doubt the Headmistress would inquire about the contents. She had to buy some time for her to think. "Very open, yes. Certainly, without a shadow of a doubt. Beyond even the greatest pedantic quibbling a pony could ever conceive. It is, by all definitions, currently in a state that can only be described as open." She paused for effect - of what kind she wasn't sure. "Indeed, if one were so bold, they might even go so far as to call it wholly unsealed, should the individual in question be predisposed to extremities such as that. Not to say, Headmistress," she hastily added, "that you would be in possession of an extreme nature were you to assign such a descriptor to the package that is presently the subject of our deliberations. One might also describe such behaviour as refreshingly confident, and would certainly be most accurate in doing so. Of course, some may view such directness that conveys an indisputable nature about the current condition of the parcel to be concerningly and potentially dangerously misdirecting, and in light of the hazard inherent such behaviour should be avoided at all costs. Regardless," she concluded, "I am not among their number, and you can certainly be fully assured that my own personal opinions or thoughts have absolutely no bearing on my judgement of or loyalty to you. Which is not indicative of any judgement I may have placed upon you, for you may be confident that I have not done so."

What was I supposed to be doing again?

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Sena nodded happily to Mr. Money and bid him farewell before stepping back outside. With her saddle bags laden down with supplies and half of the extras that the others would be carrying resting on her back, Sena looked toward Dust. "So now we just head over to where we were to meet up, right?" she asked before beginning to turn in that direction. She was trying to come up with other conversation topics, but nothing was immediately jumping to mind and it was beginning to fluster Sena a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:51 pm

Sacred gulped as Ardent stared at Cierge. She took an unconscious step back when she stepped closer to them, her mouth opening and closing trying to find an answer. Then she remembered that she can't talk and nearly facehoofed. She looked over at Cierge when she started to talk in hopes that she would have a way out of this. She blinked for a moment and then started at the mare. She then facehoofed as Cierge continued to talk about....something about an open box. When the mare was done, she took her hoof away from her face and frowned at Ardent. "A map. All that was in the box was a map and note. Nothing on the map." She kept her face turned away from the headmistress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:49 pm

She nodded. "What do you think this'll be like? He was never the sort for boring field trips..." She paused. "He's probably literally sending us to Tartarus."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:28 pm

It occurred to me while I was waiting for you ponies to progress our story, that we have gone more than one update without the mention of toast. So, toast.

Right, back to our story. As Sena and Dust began to make their way back to the school, the headmistress of Canterlot's School For Gifted Unicorns continued her 'interrogation' of Sacred and Cierge.

"Then, I suppose you wouldn't mind parting ways with said map?" asked Ardent Vehemence.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:43 pm

"What it'll be like?" Sena repeated as she tried to ponder what the experience could essentially be as well, but found herself coming up short on ideas. "I don't know really, I've never been on an adventure or a field trip before," she said curiously. "I've only read about a few in books and such, and they were more entertaining that real I think," she went on as they neared the rendezvous point. "Have you ever gone on any? What were they like?" Sena asked curiously back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:42 am

Damn it! We shouldn't have mentioned the map. Ciergey looked at Sacred, then back at Ardent. "Sure, yeah, I'll just go and grab it. I don't really know where the others left it, so I might take a while to look for it. Sorry, Headmistress Vehemence. I'll be right back." With that, she quickly left, heading towards their room at first until she was out of Ardent's sight, and then switching to an alternate route towards the school's library. Presuming that there was one, of course, but much like toast even the things most taken for granted could well be removed. If there wasn't one, somehow, she'd head to the nearest library instead at breakneck speed.

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:05 am

Sacred gulped a little and hoped Ciergey had a plan. She watched the mare as she talked and then watched as she left her...with the headmistress...She gulped again and looked up at Ardent for a moment before looking away, coughing awkwardly. Oh how dare Ciergey leave here there with the headmistress...Just her luck she was one of the shyer ponies too. "Mind if I ask how the professor died." She hoped she could bring the topic away from the map and them for just a few, enough time for Ciergey to do whatever it was she was doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Dust shakes her head. "I haven't, sorry to say. D'you think this is some kind of test for us? Seeing how well we can preform in the...well...field?" She giggled softly, but quickly quieted. "He was the type to go a bit over the top, however..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:43 pm

The headmistress glanced towards Ciergey as she left, silently staring in the student’s general direction as if contemplating if something should be done. Sacred’s question went seemingly ignored for a few moments, before Ardent focused on her. “Professor Total Anomie died of a heart attack late friday afternoon, while preparing for a solo expedition into the badlands. Sacred Knowledge, you and your roommates are teetering upon the edge of a very dark chasm…” Ardent said darkly.  She looked Sacred in the eyes, “Anomie is dead. Let his foolishness die with him.”

Dust and Sena continued to make their way back to the school, the ornate gates coming shortly into view.

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Sacred's eyes widened as she listened to Ardent. She mouthed the word badlands, no sound coming out considering she can't physically talk at all. She looked down at her hooves, thinking about what to do and say...well not actually say but eh. "Why was he going to the badlands. And what do you mean by us teetering on the edge of a chasm." She looked back at Ardent in her eyes. She knew playing dumb would not work now. Ciergey and herself had dug themselves a hole where Ciergey was able to get out but had to leave her in it. Oh what the hell is Ciergey doing and where did she go... Sacred thought idly to herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:00 pm

"It might be, I wouldn't put it past our old teacher," Sena replied as they continued to walk towards the gates. When she got close enough to them, Sena pauses of a moment though and thinks to herself before speaking. "Wait, where we supposed to meet up with the others again?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:44 am

Ciergey slammed open the door of the library as quietly as she could. Trying to avoid other people as much as she could, she snuck around the library to the Geography section and started to search for a map of Equestria in the most deeply buried and dusty book on the shelves, which as soon as it was found would be quietly, quietly (and neatly) ripped out of the book and stuffed into her saddlebags, and the book itself quickly replaced. She would then race back to where she had left Sacred and the Headmistress.

"I'm back," she panted, handing the map over to the Headmistress. "Here's the map the Professor gave us. Sorry if it looks a little crumpled, I was hurrying."

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:44 pm

Ah. Well. We’re back. Unfortunately, It seems to me, that, Dust has taken to ignoring Blissfully Ignorant’s delightful story. To that effect, the management has elected to continue without him. Feel free to continue on as if his character had never existed. The show must go on, as they say.

The headmistress sighed again, clearly unamused by her pupil’s questions. “The professor had scheduled two weeks and a half of leave time, which he claimed would be spent on an archaeological expedition deep into the Badlands. No more questions, Sacred. I implore you. Sit and wait for your roommate to return with Total’s map.” she told her student, a slight inkling of urgency creeping past her dull tone.

Provided Sacred choose to follow Headmistress Ardent Vehemence’s request, Ciergey would soon arrive after a few awkward moments of silence, during which, Ardent had not broken her glare for even a second. Sena too would arrive around this time, soon enough to witness her roommate’s panting form begin her sentence.

Ardent took Ciergey’s map in her blue magical aura without a word. After a few seconds of silent scanning, an overglow would appear on the headmistress’s horn. Immediately after, the paper would seem to incinerate in her magic’s grip, disappearing in a flash of fire and a puff of smoke. Interestingly enough, the flames did not feel warm.

“Thank you for your cooperation, Ciergey. Th… that’ll be all.” Ardent said quietly, adopting an expression that looked like a cross of disappointment and sorrow. She walked away from the students, heading up the stairs and quickly disappearing from view.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)   

Back to top Go down

Blissfully Ignorant (Game A)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next