A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Blissfully Ignorant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sharp

PostSubject: Blissfully Ignorant   Wed May 13, 2015 2:09 am

A piece of toast is perhaps the most perfect example of bravery one could ever hope to devise. Toast was afraid of nothing. Toast does not even flinch when you consume it, as you destroy it piece by piece… It is always relaxed, sitting back and allowing you to enjoy it at your own pace. Never has it challenged you to a race, or any other sort of competition… It is fine with doing absolutely nothing for however long you want. It is also among the least confusing things in the universe. Toast cannot cast magic, it cannot predict the future with meaningless twitches and odd feelings… Toast is simple. You expose it to heat, and then, when you deem it ready, you eat it. Toast is perfect. It was for those precise reasons that you, a student at Canterlot’s School For Gifted Unicorns, have chosen toast as your breakfast this fine Saturday morning… Well, either that, or you were hungry.

As your glorious piece of toast finishes its journey into your mouth, you notice a package had been delivered to the door of your dorm. With your toast consumed and an entire weekend to burn away not studying for your Equinology finals. Professor Anomie probably didn’t mind the fact you were going to bring down his averages anyways. Who cared about Equinology? Not you. Well, maybe you. In fact, perhaps you were planning on studying all weekend long for your Equinology final… What do I know? Anyways, you looked at the package and you notice the fact it was A: Adressed to you, and B: from professor Anomie himself. Speak of the devil, eh?

There was a note attached, it read :

To my dearest students,

There comes a time in life when one is met with the stark realization that regardless of personal power or force of will… it inevitably ends. When that time comes, they look back on their lives. They think of their triumphs, their failures… and they regret what could have been, but never was.  I find myself now at the apex of one such realization.  As I reach the end of my life, I look back on the past with adamant resolve, and I refuse to move on with regret heavy in mind.

Enclosed within the package is information… a secret that precedes even our beloved princesses. It is for that reason, that I ask you burn both it and this letter should you choose to remain blissfully ignorant of the world around you.  I am a selfish pony, and for that, I am sorry. You are all geniuses by your own rights, and I trust you to make the best decisions for yourselves…

May Celestia have mercy on my weary soul,
Professor Anomie

Holy shit! What the hell could the old man be talking about? I mean, I obviously know, being an omnipotent narrator and all, but, like, you don’t. So… Does the narrated open the package? Or do they choose to continue living their boring equine lives? HINT: You choose to open the package, because you’re in this thread. Don’t fuck with me on this one, alright?

And here we are again, a thread by your favorite instrument in stabbing things, Sharp. I ask that you provide me with an OC. They do, as hinted in the exposition, have to be a member of the Unicorn race, and, aged down to a point where being enrolled at the previously mentioned school would make sense. Ah, another thing, I request that your character choice be relatively normal, as in, I don't want to see wasp ponies or tree ponies, or giant purple clouds who can cause explosive decompression at will. If you'd like, provide me with an alternate history for your OC in this setting. On the topic of setting, this AU is set before the events of FiM, before Sparklebutt got her pretty little snowflake plot elevated to alicorn status, and before Luna returned from her banishment on the cheese-wheel in the sky.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant   Wed May 13, 2015 2:15 am

I would like to sign up Mind Blaze.
however, to scale this ridiculous character, "it" will be a normal mare with a talent for transportation and planar magicks, not an AI goo pony of dark magic.

Cutie Mark changed to a Mirror split by a line, with one side being reversed colors of the other.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant   Wed May 13, 2015 3:07 am

I'll be bringing in Sena, fully unaware of her true self.

Scaled slightly back, Sena will be advanced magical studies, theories, and practices without a true focus on any particular field.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant   Wed May 13, 2015 3:31 am

Well then, this party's getting crazy.
I think I'll sign up Blood Moon for this, and her backstory is altered to show that she isn't a vampire, though she could probably be mistaken for one, due to certain circumstances. She has a knack for magical reinforcement and some skill in conjuration.

Blood Moon now has a cutie mark! Huzzah. It's a silver, gothic cross with a red gem in the center of it.

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant   Wed May 13, 2015 6:43 am

Hmm... I'd like to sign up Cier for this. As far as I know, she's just a normal unicorn with normal unicorn things. Heck, she's still in school. This should be good.

Power-wise, though, feel free to do whatever you want to her. I have faith in the great stabbing utensil.

Canonically (as canonically as a character sheet gets, at least) she's studying political science, which I guess would amount to PPE. I expect she'd also be delving into law and magic studies too, given her position and interests.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant   Wed May 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Heartstring

Though ignore the bio since the back history won't fit for this at all.

----New back history specifically just for this thread.----

Heartstring, the child of a pegasus mother and Unicorn father, has been attending Canterlot's School for the Gifted Unicorn's for a majority of his life, rather all of his life. Heartstring is quite talented in magic given the stern tutelage his father gave him when he was too young to attend. A constant daily practice of 'massaging' his magics. Only permitting for him to play with the simple basics of unicorn magic. Though when Heartstring was recognized to attend the school it was purely for the potential he held and the massive pool of magic he had within him.

Young Heartstring was the quiet student, ever attentive and kept to himself, shy of the many others and typically wandered away from them whenever they attempted to speak to him. Though as time passed on and he grew older, little by little did his shell of timidness began to fall away. Gradually coming into his own, he also was quite a bit taller that many of the other unicorns, even his horn was longer than average and that brought him teasing from the other children. Though he paid them little mind, it hurt sometimes, but most other times he just laughed it away.

With his occasional visits from his parents during breaks and scheduled yearly home visits for such things like winter break and so on. He'd come home to a joyful family, and came back to school with more things taught to him by his father. Though for a good majority of his life in Canterlot, Heartstring didn't seem to have much of an aim in what it was that he wanted to do. He dabbled in a lot of things and did exceptionally well with them, but he never focused on them. There was something just missing from his life that the school wasn't offering.

Till about Highschool time, where Heartstring had instituted the first ever Storytelling Club, at first it didn't do so well since not many had interest in it, plus Heartstring at the time still hadn't acquired his cutie mark so he was teased for that as well and not many, seemed to want to follow someone who didn't have their cutie mark especially at that age. It wasn't until he managed to schedule a performance, a one-pony show, which he called 'The Fabled Journey of Starswirl the Bearded'. Written by and performed by Heartstring himself.

This, to him, was the showcase of a lifetime, given the amount of work he had put into it, the numerous amounts of spells that he had to perform to make sure it all went right. The night of the performance arrived and a surprising number of ponies showed up, though Heartstring probably assumed they wanted to see him fail or embarrass himself. Several of the teachers showed up as well, especially one known as Professor Anomie.

Sheer terror filled Heartstring, he expected a small show, barely so much as five ponies, but this number was just more than he anticipated. Her felt his hooves get cold, that feeling of wanting to run, but no. He couldn't just leave now, there were ponies there waiting on him and he shouldn't let them down. It was do or die, whatever happened this night would decide whether he'd leave the school because of the sheer embarrassment of his failure, or rise tall in his success.

Thankfully so, luck fell on his side, gathering his courage and pushing away his fear, Heartstring stepped to that stage and told a story of a lifetime, complete with magicked sets, conjured dragons. Not only did he succeed in his show, but he impressed many with his display, a lo and behold that very night he also obtained his cutie mark as well. A golden lyre shaped like a heart with three smaller ones floating around it.

Heartstring showed exceptional skill in spell Multi-spell usage, High tiered Illusion spells, and even multi-vocal spells and what could be noted as 'unnatural ability to 'touch' ones soul with his words' least that's how his story telling abilities were described as. Of course though...Heartstring was exceptionally drained of his magic supply by the end of his performance that he did pass out, so he didn't exactly get to see the standing ovation that was given too him and he awoken about two weeks later. While he was praised for his performance by his teacher, they also did scold him for as they put it 'rash, and irresponsible use of magic.' mainly because he did nearly drain himself completely and looking back on it, it was probably a bad decision to do the performance alone, but Heartstring would do it again and again.

Since then a kind of new light seemed to just burn alive within Heartstring. He gotten new members for his club, some younger, some older, but they shared a passion for storytelling like he did and he continued this club even when he went onto University level. He started a storytelling club at the university level as well ( unless like....it's one club that can just carry through all the levels? )

He studies very hard and does quite well in his classes, though his main focus does seem to be on literature, Ancient Magic theory and practices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Chappy

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant   Wed May 13, 2015 9:12 pm

I think I'd like to sign up Dr. Three (http://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk/t204p240-brand-new-oc-character-thread-2 second post). Except before he puts his brain in a robot. So... Gear head, I suppose.

Obviously back before he removed his brain, but very shortly after he created his first machine. So he's fairly unstable, beginning to feel the effects of the unstable magic.

So not full on nutcase, but fairly nutty.

It is not sufficient that I succeed. All others must fail

You know, it’s amazing what you can get done when you don’t concern yourself with right and wrong. When you just … do things for a laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynicalwhovian

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant   Wed May 13, 2015 10:59 pm

I guess Dust (http://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk/t204p225-brand-new-oc-character-thread-2#22773) (no formatting on mobile Neutral) would work well with this, besides the hooman bits. So she's a normal unicorn doing normal unicorn things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant   Thu May 14, 2015 1:26 am

Oh ignorance....This is gonna be a fun thread, I can tell. I'll sign up the newly approved Sacred Knowledge. Since....I wanna use her and I really have no unicorn OCs. She's also going to be a unicorn in this thread (obviously) but that's pretty much all that's changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharp

PostSubject: Re: Blissfully Ignorant   Fri May 15, 2015 3:07 am

Alright, so, we're going to have two separate threads due to popular demand.

Game A
Star
Cyn
Icee
Zen

Game B
Heart
Lolk
Chappy
Wise

One post per GM post, please.

Sponsored content