A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Cake or Death (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Cake or Death (Private)    Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:00 pm

Evil Bug Monster Defeated!
The Royal Wedding has been saved. As I'm sure many of our viewers in Canterlot have noticed, the greatly anticipated wedding between the Captain of the Royal Guard, Prince Shining Armor, and Princes sMi Amore Cadenza was crashed by an army of shapeshifting bug ponies! Fortunately, with the Help of Equestria's newest heroes, the Element of Harmony, the Royal Couple was able to repel the horrific menace....

The Newspaper, a copy of The Canterlot Daily rushed form across the seas, goes up in flames, narrowly missing a changeling attendant. Queen Mercury was sorely tempted to facehoof. Perhaps even double facehoof. 'No, I must remain strong for my changelings. this can be recovered from. Chrysalis didn't screw up that badly, surely.' She picks up another paper, reading the first be lines before melting it with acid.
'Nope! She did. Ugh... Who to send to deal with this? Ideally I would go myself, but Gryphon negotiations are right around the corner. Who to send, who to se-' "Your higness?"
"What?" She growls, her good mood from the morning long gone. It had started so well, good news form the hivemind, a truly excellent cup of tea, a box of chocolates from the Gryphon Emperor.... Where had it all gone wr- "Queen Lolk has requested that she and her sisters be given a job assignments. When I left, she was attempting to persuade them to try redecorating the hive."
That wasn't good. The last time they had tried to redecorate, Dome 12 was unusable for two months and the Fang Wing Aerie had imploded.
"Send them to me immediately! Tell Queen Lolk I will be granting her request!"
"Y-Yes my Queen!"

Queen Lolk pronked* through the corridors of the hive happily, her sisters trailing behind. Finally! they were finally getting to have a hive of their own! She couldn't wait to hear what the Queen had to say. "Aren't you excited? Maybe we'll get Trottingham! Oh, I hope it's Trottingham!"

*Pronking- A term first applied to Chancellor Pudding Head, this was done by ponies with abnormal amounts of energy who were extremely skilled in hunting the various monsters that inhabit the Ever free forest. It involves locomotion by bouncing on all four legs. the most well known modern pronker is the Element of Laughter, Pinkamena Diane Pie.

"I'm on my way Sister."

Last edited by Lorthalis of Crows on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:31 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:52 am

A mound of robes that stood about as tall as a changeling queen followed behind Lolk. There wasn't much that could be discerned about the gender or identity of the wearer, but everyone here knew who it was. It was Queen Adamas Glyph, descended from a union between Queen Mercury and Queen Crystallum of the Crystal Mountains. It was obvious she didn't like being touched, having draped herself in all sorts of concealing and covering robes, all similar colors of black, but varying levels of tattered. There was a hood that outlined where her face should be, but an enchantment kept her face completely concealed by shadows. "Lolk, please stop pronking, it's annoying. And we're probably not going to Trottingham unless you force us to go. I personally hope we go to the Crystal Empire. I'd like to study the crystals there..."

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:55 am

A tall changeling with light grey chitin walked behind Lolk, staring at her. "I agree with Adamus, sis. The bouncing is annoying, and it's only serving to forcibly shove my mind into the gutter." She said simply, continuing to walk along gracefully, her crystalline sapphire eyes shifting away from Lolk, while her horn glowed an icy blue as she pushed a lock of dark blue mane from her eyes. She was wearing her normal black dress and her long grey-and-black scarf, and looked a little irritated. "And I have no clue why I'm coming along with you psychoes, I'll miss the Caritas twins, but I'm guessing I'll need to go without my lovely marefriends." She shrugged softly and yawned. "And next time you wake me up, Momus, can it be without the slapping?"

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:19 am

Besides the trio of giants amongst ants, a fourth figure, sized much more akin to the ants than to the giants, trotted, moving at a deceptively sedate pace, given that it was keeping up with creatures at least twice its size and with legs twice as long as its own. The average changeling might have jogged or galloped to keep up with the Royal Sisters, but Momus never seemed to have issues simply casually walking alongside them.
Maybe it was just a princess thing. Being royalty allowed one to walk in the strides of royalty. It didn't matter if one was a giant princess who towered over many a queen, or a tiny princess who stood shorter than the average changeling. However, his siblings getting caught in yet another spat drew his ire once again, and he spoke up, looking at each of them in turn.
"You two be nice to your sister. She's been asking for an opportunity for years, and Mother has finally seen fit to grant her request. The least you two can do is be supportive. Or do I need to remind you who stood by your side after the Fang Wing Aerie incident, Adamas? Or who covered for you the last time you ran out on your duties to go be with those 'lovely marefriends' of yours, Inpo. And you will get to wake up without slapping when yelling into your ear at the top of my voice is sufficient to awaken you."

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:57 am

Lolk pauses mid pronk to glare at her sisters, then continues pronking. "Hmph! I'll have you know I intend to continue pronking until we get to the throne room. Your mind is almost always in the gutter anyways Inpo, if I minded I wouldn't love on you so much. Anyways, Trottingham is much nicer than the Crystal Empire. The cultural, that wonderful muted grey weather... Aaaaah~ Anyways Adamas, you can always take a train to the Empire once we've settled."

The Queens are nearing the throne room by this point in the conversation. In the past, their rooms had been kept as far away from the room as possible, but it was recently moved closer as the Queens' disasters become steadily less explosive. Queen Lolk was still the farthest away however.

Lolk smiles at the support from her sister, no, he was nice, so she would think of him has her brother for the day. "Thank you Momus! And no hard feelings for the bear traps around my bed, right?" Under her breath, Lolk grumbles "Not that they actually stopped him anyways.."

Eventually, the Queens finally reach the entrance to the throne room, where High Queen Mercury, their mother, awaited them. Just before they enter, Lolk immediately goes from happily pronking to a stately, dignified gait and a deeply formal posture. She always did this whenever being or about to be observed by High Queen Mercury. This happened even when she did not know she was about to be observed. Some of the lazier drones working near the Laboratory long ago learned to tune their ears for the sudden halt of rhythmic pronking that signaled a inspection by the High Queen. Not that it really worked, but the effort was there.

Lolk strides into the room, stopping just before the edge of the carpeting that extended all the way up the steps to the Throne of the Quicksilver Hive. "We have come as requested, o' High Queen." she says, bowing low. High Queen Mercury waits for the rest of them to bow. Once tradition has been observed, she gestures for them to rise. "My daughters, each of you a Queen in your own right, the time has come for you to venture out into the world on your own. While you have been content to stay within the hive...... more or less," she directs a glare at Lolk "It is time for you to rule your own hive. However, I do not intend to cut you off completely, nor turn you loose upon an unsuspecting land with no supervision. Your hive will be subordinate to mine until I judge you adequately mature and experienced enough to safely rule on your own. By virtue of being the only one who can be trusted, Momus will act as my voice in your hive, as well as the treasurer." She looks directly at him, her gaze practically nailing him to the floor. "Do not fail me, my son. Or the consequences will be grave." She settles back in the throne, contemplating her next words. True, she had pretty much hit the point of no return; to dash her daughters' hopes why suddenly retracting everything she had said would be unforgivable. Still, she was wary of giving such a difficult and important assignment to her daughters, immature as they were. "There is another reason I am sending you to Equestria beyond giving you a chance to shine. Queen Chrysalis has revealed the changeling race in a foolish assault on the capital city, Canterlot. You are to salvage what remains of her hive and adapt to the new security measures the ponies will no doubt be employing. If all else fails, you are to cut your losses and return to the hive, at whatever cost, save the loss of any of your siblings. I need my daughters back alive." She pauses, struggling to drop the formal demeanor for a moment. "You are all my children, and for all your antics I care very deeply for you. Please, be safe." After that brief moment of sentimentality, she returns to the detached High Queen you are familiar with. "Now go! Resel has prepared a teleport circle to a abandoned fort near Hollow Shades. Good luck." She waves for you to leave.
As soon as you are beyond the doors, Lolk begins pronking again. "I'msoexcitedeeeeeh!WefinallygettoruleahiveI'msoexciteddidImentionhowexcitedIam?!" Her voice hits a pitch that is physically painful as she bounces in place. She settles down after a moment, her brief moment of silliness fading as she begins to check in with the hivemind for additionally information. After a moment, she winces. "Yeesh.... Mother won't be giving us a lot to start with. Bit worrying."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:05 am

Adamas rolled her eyes under the darkness of her hood, continuing walking down the hall and into the throne room. Her gait changed, though not visibly, to one of respect and grace as she entered into the throne room. She remained quiet and bowed her head before mother, before following the gesture to rise. She was very keen to the idea of leaving the hive and making a new one, after all, it was an opportunity to learn. As mad as she was at the fact that Momus got the job of 'overseer', she couldn't stay mad. She knew why Momus was the 'voice' to speak with mother, and respected her decision. At the end of the meeting, she bowed again. "Thank you, Mother." And she strode out with the rest of her siblings.

"Well then, mistakes be damned, she thinks we're ready enough for our own hive." She took a glance at the hive mind, but didn't see much, simply because her connection to the hive mind was extremely weak. "So...what are we getting? I can't see what we get, nor what I have to plan for."

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Inpono stayed utterly silent the entire time they were in the presence of their mother, her posture perfect only in her presence as always, smiling softly like she was happy to see her. As soon as they left the throne room, Inpo sighed in relief and relaxed, stretching her neck lightly. "I hope that I can at least stay in contact with my marefriends...Know what? Screw it. I'm staying in contact no matter what." She hummed and pulled a notebook from her storage spell, looking through it with a soft hum and a smile. "Perfect. Just gotta make sure to pack the crystals...And plenty of ink..." She soon slid the notebook back into the storage spell and looked at her sisters. "Hmm..." She delved into the hive mind slowly, and hummed. "Not much, but if we're careful, we'll be fine." She glanced at Momus, then pointed at him. "He's in charge of the money, if not, we're fucked."

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Fri May 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Momus had entered the throne room with no less formality than his sisters, though he had been brave enough to simply stare straight back at his mother when she deigned to speak with him. Setting him up with duties. Yet again. He already made it his own job to make his sisters behave. He did not need someone making it expected of him.
One of these days, he was going to develop laser vision and then Mother would reconsider staring at him like that while giving him yet another list of things to do. Well, unless the rumors were true about what happened to the last pony who tried using laser eyes on her. Papa Varho said that the poor stallion ended up melting his own eyes during that confrontation. 'Course, Papa Kuga smacked him in the head and chastised him for scaring the little 3-year-olds (Momus included), but that was thoroughly beside the point. If he had simply been making it up, Papa Kuga would surely have included that in his list of chastisements. Surely.
Now, he'd just need to develop superior eye lasers to solve that minor “reflected by Mother’s stare” problem.

For now, he simply followed along with his siblings, checking in with the hive mind as well as he walked. Meh. Not too much, but that's to be expected. After all, Mother can hardly trust us with anything after that jockstrap incident.
"Oh, I wonder how sister Resel has been. She’s always so nice to me.” he chirped a bit, watching his sisters happily as he poked at the hive ever so gently, “Oh, and little sister, that would be 100 changelings and, what was it, 3000 bits? Sounds about right. It’s a good enough start, at least. Just gotta be careful with what we’ve got. If nothing else, our first concern should  be figuring out what security measures those ponies are putting in place. Sound good enough for you three?”

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Sun May 03, 2015 4:21 am

Lolk looks at her two sisters already resigned to the sudden task they had been given. "Huh... I kinda expected you two to worry more."  She seems a little put out at not being trusted enough to handle the finances, but in your experience she is smart enough to realize that her having access to the money would be a bad idea. "Anyways, I guess it's time to face the music, and rule on our own." She was slightly concerned about how many bits they had, but seeing as they could just steal what they couldn't purchase, it wasn't a huge issue. Her fears for the moment settled, she pronks down the halls of her birthplace to the gateway leading to her new home and dominion.
(Time Skip)

Resel waits in an alcove above and to the left of the teleport circle, reading one of the books the hive as acquired over the years from the nearby Griffon settlements. The pick is coal black with red lace around the edges of the cover. The title reads The Destruction of Your Enemies, and How Mangoes Can Help. She looks up as the sisters walk in, blushing when she spots Momus. In her haste to come to attention, she tumbles out of the alcove only to be caught by Momus. Once he sets her down, it takes her a moment or two to come to her senses, and restrain the squee that threatens to destroy the hearing of her Queens.
Once she has, she bows to the Queens. "Greetings your Majesties. I have the teleport circle ready, and will be accompanying you to the new Hive. The rest of your changelings are already there, and are cleaning up the mess as we speak!"

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Sun May 10, 2015 10:55 pm

"Little sister, how many times have I told you, you need to be more careful." Momus chided as he set the mare onto the ground, allowing her to speak before commenting shortly on her status. "Oh, it's so very...nice...to hear you'll be coming with us, Resel. I always hear such wonderful things about you."
He chittered a bit at his siblings, a little smile growing on his face, before he grew a short frown. "Mess? What mess?"

View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Mon May 18, 2015 4:46 am

Adamas stayed quiet the entire time, feeling a strange sensation of dread. She stopped before she got to the teleportation circle. She felt a familiar presence nearby, and broke off from the rest to see twelve hooded figures standing, waiting for her. They took their hoods down, the twelve changelings bowing their heads to Adamas, and Adamas returning their gesture. One of them, the leader spoke up. "Where are you going, My Queen?"

"I am leaving to start a new hive. I expect all of you to keep order and promote spiritual and mental purity here. I will miss all of you, my acolytes." Adamas took her hood down, letting her crystalline blue mane fall down. She gently kissed every single one of them, and they kissed her in return. She left them, putting her hood up as they did the same. She simply walked over to the teleport circle, waiting on everyone else.

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Mon May 18, 2015 8:00 am

Inpono giggled as she saw Resel, trotting over happily and giving the little changeling a soft nuzzle, kissing her on the forehead lightly and feeding her a little, just being the kind royal Inpo was. "Resel~! How are you, dear? Haven't seen you in a good while." She giggled softly, before she blinked lightly and looked away, the royal slowly reaching through the hive mind and bidding her marefriends farewell for now, a sad look passing over the changeling's face for a moment, before she shook her head and moved over to stand near Adamus. "Read when you all are, sisters." She said simply, still radiating a bit of love, if Resel wanted more.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Wed May 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Between Momus's attention and Inpono's presence, Resel is more than a little dazed from the sensory overload. She quickly comes to her senses when Lolk dumps a bucket of ice cold water over her. "Ack! Oh, uh, thank you your majesty." She suddenly registers Momus's question, and waves her hooves frantically. "No no, nothing serious! Just clearing the animals and such out if the cave." She explains, nomming on Inpono's love. She turns to Queen Lolk. "We were unable to transport the fully Manticore cavalry my Queen. However myself and the other trainers were able to bring our mounts. The new location is abundant with manticores, so we can begin replenishing our. Ranks immediately!"
Once everyone has recovered from the war splitting Squee emitted by Lolk, Resel walks over to the teleport circle, nodding politely to Inpono. "I have been just find my lady! I am glad to accompany you!"
She stands at the casting point if the circle, while Lolk takes her own position. The teleport circle was specially designed to transport beings with enough excess power to foul up such delicate magics. It was more of a five pointed star overlapping a standard rig, with one central point for the caster and five others to confine the magic to its respective owners.
"Ready when you are, my Queens!" She says brightly.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:46 pm

[Time Skip To Arrival At the New Hive]
The teleport circle brings you through the Between. Unlike the last time Resel tried to transport you, you feel as if you are gently being tugged along by a dance partner, rather than shot through the belly with a harpoon and reeled in. She has improved greatly, it seems.
You are gracefully deposited atop a stone disk with the exit point of a one way teleport circle chalked into. The disk is atop a grassy flat area, with a shallow slope ending in the beach and the ocean behind you. To your left, you see the Fallen Way, a light house that has fallen into disuse since the evacuation of any nearby settlements to escape the Everfree forest's encroachment. It dates back to Nightmare Moon's banishment, and the four sisters can feel the magic humming in ever brick of its construction. Still, Time has taken it's tole, and much if the upper section and all of the interior is gone.
The sight that greets you immediately however is neither the beach or the tower. Rather, it is the gaping maw of surface entrance to your new cave system. The opening is set into the side of verdant, grassy hill that itself is on the outskirts if the dense forest surrounding Hollow Shades.
Changelings scurry around, unloading crates of supplies from other teleport circles and rushing in and out of the Cave and Tower entrances. Resel steps of the platform, looking very pleased with herself regarding the smooth transit. Two changelings immediately spot the arrival of the Queens, and make their way over. All of you recognize the first one to arrive. Basil, Resel's brother. He was a secretary and drone manager in training. Apparently with the Queen's promotion came the promotion of several others.
The one on the left, only Adamas recognizes. One of her Acolytes, Seeker, had apparently also come along. She looks... Harried. Her eyes dart between Lolk and Adamas, clearly wanting to talk to them.
Basil speaks first. "My Queens. We are unpacking with little difficulty, and the animals inhabiting the cave have been subdued and contained. I have a list of items we need to attend to, the first if which is-" Seeker buts in, frantic. "Queen Lolk, Queen Adamas, the workers have found something. I have some theories on what it is, but I can say with certainty in needs to be dealt with as soon as possible! The whole area could be in da-" Basil bops her on the head. "Ahem. As I was saying, first if which is deciding on a name, so that we can participate in the Council of Queens, and be officially recognized before some opportunity enemy of your Mother's hive tries to take you hostage. Not dragging yourselves through a still under construction passage to an unknown artifact." The two changelings glare at one another.

Lolk is dazed for the moment, swaying on her feet and leaning on Momus. As the one with the best Hivemind Access capabilities (Momus following closely behind), the sudden readjustment from the thousands of comforting voices of her Mother's hive to a mere hundred voices, all of them stressed and asking her for help, had left her fairly a frazzled. The sudden conflict between her scientific curiosity and initial responsibilities of her* new Hive had left her outright dazed.

* Technically the hive belonged to her sisters as well, but she didn't really think of it that way.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:15 am

Momus almost, if ever so briefly, considered doing what Lolk was doing right now, but the weight of her body on his own made him reconsider. It reminded him distinctly of the fact that expectations had been made of him. So much weight on his shoulders...and that was before his siblings all piled up on top of him.
Then there were the immediate issues. Inpono would need to be cut off before any ideas of vengeance for this morning could come to fruition. Very important, big priority. And then there was Resel. That situation was a bit more...delicate. Basil in the position he was in complicated things. He was almost certainly going to be an annoyance if not Resel was not dealt with. There could be no more putting this off.
"Resel, can I talk with you for a moment? In private."

View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Adamas herself was unfazed by the teleportation. It was only minor, and she never saw why her sisters ever were dizzy from it. She walked forward, before Basil and Seeker show up. She knealed down, putting herself on eye level with them as they spoke. When Basil bopped Seeker on the head for interrupting, she would wrap her cloaked forelegs around Seeker and pulled her close, gently applying some healing magic. "Shh....Seeker, you know it's rude to interrupt other changelings who were speaking first." She then looked at Basil. "Physical violence is only acceptable in a bedroom environment, and I implore you to never hit one of my acolytes outside of said environment ever again."

Adamas would tilt her head at Basil. "Your fears are unfounded. I will go see the artifact myself, as I tend not to busy myself with petty politics, so I will not be needed for naming the hive." She removed her forelegs from around Seeker and stood up. "Lead the way."

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:38 am

Seeker rubs his head, glaring at Basil. He turns to Adamas, nodding. "Yes my Lady. Please, follow me." she gestures to the cave entrance, and begins walking towards it. She trots slowly to make sure Adamas follows, but it is quite clear she would prefer to run at full tilt.
When they reach a stopping point, Adamas would be able to feel black magic radiating from deeper in. Once Seeker has caught her breath she continues leading the Queen until they arrive at a massive set of double doors, cast in adamantium and guarded by several nervous changelings both cultist and not. The Seeker signals the guards who open the doors. Beyond them is a massive sphere floating above a metal pentagram. It glows with sparkling blues and greens. Flowing in and out of the sphere are various tubes and and dials, obviously alchemical in nature.

Lolk staggers off towards a nearby tree and sits down. She would have to reorganize the hivemind to compensate for the smaller size, or it wouldn't run efficiently. Meanwhile, Resel nods to Momus, blushing faintly, as she follows him to wherever he chose to have the conversation. "Yes, you Highness?"

Inpono would hear her name being called. Assuming she turned to look, she would see a young changeling wearing chain mail ride over on a manticore. While that would be clue enough, the blue sash with silver runes confirmed he was one of Lolk's Manticore Cavalry. "Queen Inpono! There is an emergency! Other changelings came to our borders as we were establishing them, requesting to speak with our Queens. They claim this is their land!" Basil looks up sharply, sending commands through the hivemind. Several honor guards jog over, standing near Inpono.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:07 am

Momus led the drone down to the shoreline, looking back at her every once in a while on their little walk. As they drew out of sight behind some rather sizable rock faces, he turns about to face Resel, having considered his words carefully on the way over here. Giving her no real time to respond, he closed in on her, resting his chin on the back of her neck before starting to speak.
"Resel, look. We need to talk. No more of this pining and waiting. Just...look, I'll be right out with all of this, if that's okay with you. The simple fact is that you're going to have to decide, here and now, if you're willing to commit. I'll say it now, it's not going to be simple, or easy...I'm a queen, you know there are going to have to be stipulations on this. I have rules I have to follow about this sort of thing, and I have rules for anyone who wants to court me. If...if you decide to commit, there's no backing out later. But if you do choose to commit, I promise...it'll always be an interesting life."

View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:48 pm

Adamas moved slowly, but silently, almost gliding after Seeker like a ghost, her cloak revealing none of her hoof-falls or general leg movements. She stopped when Seeker did, feeling the black magic wash over her form and eliciting a familiar sigh of enjoyment from the queen. She followed Seeker all the way to the doors and visibly shifted her head around.

Adamas stopped the moment the doors were opened, stepping into the doorway and shifting her head up. She pulled her hood down, showing off her long, blue, crystalline mane, and the fact that she was wearing a blindfold. Her horn, sickle shaped with a few holes in it, lit up and removed it, allowing her to see again. Her horn glowed once more, changing her vision to that of magic. "Who discovered this, how long ago was it discovered, and what do you all know about it?" Her voice wasn't loud, but every changeling would be able to hear her, and the twinge of excitement in it.

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:41 am

Nymph's luminous pink eyes slid over to the guard who announced her name, the Royal grinning and mumbling a tired hello as her magic combed her lush, hot pink mane out of her face. She nodded to the ones who formed up around her, smiling warmly at each of them. "Lead the way." She said lightly, adjusting her long, light purple dress, and followed them with a light, happy hum, the mare internally thinking on how to deal with the ones who assumed claim of this area. Her mind was working, while she gracefully and calmly trotted along. "This shouldn't take too long, I hope." She murmured to herself, her thoughts entering the hive mind as she gave her guards the orders to back off once they got to their destination.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:25 am

Momus
Resel squeaks as Momus suddenly moves closer to her, startled by the royal. As Momus begins talking though, she calms down, clearly considering his words. After he finishes, she moves back from him, and places her hooves on his shoulders so they can see eye to eye. "I accept." she says firmly, the rising sun illuminating her from behind.

Diamond Mind
The strange device glows brightly when viewed by her magic. Adamas might recognize a few of the spells, but it would be only a moment before they shifted. The entire thing had a strange, rhythmic pattern that was at once predictable and totally incomprehensible.
One of the robed changelings, Murffle, speaks up. "The excavators discovered it a day ago. I was on hoof when they unearthed the chamber. I've already gotten the account of the first changeling to see it. When it was initially found it glowed a faint red, but as soon as the air began filling the chamber it changed to the current glow. Our current theory regarding the changing state of its spellwork is that the alchemical fluids you see are somehow forming spell matrices for brief moments, then continuing to flow."

Nymph
The changeling, followed by the honor guard, leads Nymph to a large, naturally forming stone archway at the edge of the hive's territory. Waiting there is an impatient looking queen around the same age as Nymph. She too has a small honor guard with her, though her's is slightly smaller. Her head snaps up as Nymph approaches. "Who are you to encroach on my land!?" she demands angrily.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:15 am

Nymph saw the other queen, snorting softly in laughter as she slipped closer, a few feet away now, her head tilting and an amused light in her eyes. "I believe the proper greeting is 'Hello, how are you?'" She said softly, bowing her head a little to hide her grin, but then her expression went blank as she looked over the queen. "I do not know who you are, or why you claim this land. But I will say that my sisters and I came here on orders from our mother to rebuild what was, by my knowledge, an abandoned hive. Yet here you are, saying otherwise..." She trailed off, looking back at one of her honor gaurd and nudging some words into his head through the hive mind. "Bring a table and some tea. I'd rather not stand, so bring two chairs, as well."

Looking back to the other queen, she sighed. "I've sent a drone to collect some seats and tea. I hope you'll have some as well? Do you like sugar with yours? Or do you like honey? I positively adore honey with my tea." She said, giggling and seeming quite relaxed. "We'll get to your claims as soon as we may be seated." She said, stalling a bit as she collected her thoughts.

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Oh she most certainly expects to be kissed for that Momus thought as the nymph accepted so very happily. However, I really shouldn't get her hopes up about me being that forward. I'll be sure to make up for it tonight...though I think I might have to comfort Lolk too...she seemed really out of it.
"Well...we should probably head back to the others then. I can try to be a bit more in-depth with all of this, if you want an explanation right now...but I might be a bit distracted. Sister Lolk was quite a bit out of it when we arrived, and if there's nothing of importance to garner our attention, I believe a tour of the hive is in order. I do wish to see it with my own eyes, after all." he said, turning his face back towards where they had come from. "Do you have any objections?"

View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Adamas simply stared at the structure, taking in all of its magnificence and smiling. It was a work of magical art...that was probably dangerous. "Well then...it must have had some sort of reaction to the air. Sadly, alchemy is not my area of expertise. Muffle, stay here with me and monitor this. Seeker, I need you to fetch Lolk. I do not know how to handle this safely." She moved out of the path, laying down and reapplying her blindfold, and went into a meditative state, waiting on Seeker to find Lolk.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:22 pm

Momus
Resel was in fact, expecting to be kissed. however, she makes a valiant effort to hide her disappointment. If they weren't telepathically linked, she might've even succeeded. As it is, she settles for getting to spend some time with Momus, and trying to remember if she had dropped off the patrol rotation with the corporal in charge of handing such things out. "No objects at all, Momus." she says. A moment later, Momus would get a live viewing of Nymph's encounter through the view of one of the drones.

Nymph
Nymph would feel the rage rolling off the other Queen. she does not express it with yelling or frothing, but with an icy calm. "I think I will forgo the tea." she snarls through gritted fangs. "And I'll stand as well."

Lolk
Lolk finishes up organizing the last of the hivemind. She sends a live feed of the diplomatic encounter to Momus, and looks over the request from Seeker. "An ancient alchemical artifact? sounds interesting.." she thinks, as she teleports to an area outside of the field emitted by the device.

Adamas
Seeker nods, and sends the message along the hivemind. A moment later, Lolk walks into the room. The instant she lays eyes upon the device, she halts, as a large grin spreads across her face. "Where... where did you..?" she stops, as the relevant information is imparted to her by Seeker. "I see..." Lolk begins to walk towards the device, almost trancelike.
Adamas would hopefully realize that the device had some sort of supernatural lure, and that it had hooked Lolk.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cake or Death (Private)    

Back to top Go down

Cake or Death (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next