OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

First time fighter - Tutorial

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LeoValkenhein

LeoValkenhein

First time fighter - Tutorial - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time fighter - Tutorial   First time fighter - Tutorial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Blade grits his teeth in fury at the creatures numbness. He struggles to breathe with the hand about his throat and fights against the other's wings, all while holding the golem's strike at bay with his left hand. The thestral wrestles his right arm free of his opponents grapple, letting go of his sword, and grabs the thing under its right arm. He turns and attempts to use the creatures own weight against it to slam them both to the ground, with himself being on top.

(I've stated he has standard armor, and it would be pretty cheap of me to say his is special and has a gorget just for the sake of blocking your attack.)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: First time fighter - Tutorial   First time fighter - Tutorial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:56 pm

The clay being would not attempt to resist the wrestling in any way, but that would result in being minor comfort to Blade as the creature began to clamp down on the throat steadily. "Ooof!! Nice moves! Now how's that choke working out for you? You could surrender this round you know." The creature wasn't trying to regenerate any lost parts, as it could make do with the grip on a vulnerable spot. If anything, getting tossed to the ground would mean Blade had a creature tugging at his throat while it was being wrestled.
Back to top Go down
LeoValkenhein

LeoValkenhein

PostSubject: Re: First time fighter - Tutorial   First time fighter - Tutorial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:47 am

"I... Will not... Surrender!" Blade chokes out, still struggling against the creatures wings and doing his best to hold its sword arm to the ground. The thestral's blade had, unfortunately, fallen when he let go of it to free his hand and brings his opponent to the ground. It now lay behind the two of them and well out of reach, leaving Blade weaponless. He knew he was beat, that there was no way for him to turn the situation around, but he refused to admit it and resorted to pummeling at the creatures face with his fist, feeling his strength slowly fading as oxygen was denied from his body.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: First time fighter - Tutorial   First time fighter - Tutorial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:43 pm

The clay being was, despite the obvious advantage it had over Blade now, satisfied with his efforts to continue, even if they were in vain. However, though it was training, it wouldn't do to simply let Blade win. The Thestral needed to know defeat this time to learn from his mistakes, one way or another.

For starters, the being did move its face as it was pummeled by a weary opponent, until in one of the punches it softened itself up to the point it was like mud, and the fist sunk in before hardening and becoming trapped within the face. "Now keep still, this'll only take a moment." Rather than outright crush the throat, the being's eyes briefly flashed a bit brighter, and a single pulse of energy surged from its head down through the clasping arm, shocking Blade with a powerful numbing jolt all over his body, mind, and spirit...

In time, Blade would awaken again, the time of day seeming to be the afternoon now, while he lay in the middle of the coliseum still, but now under a makeshift tent that only blocked sunlight from above while he had a sheet under him to rest upon. Nearby, the being had once again attained the form of a quicksilver puddle, blowing bubbles at the turtles as they contently hovered about in the air with their flippers, with some of them looking right at Blade close by both on the ground and hovering. It was likely at this point he might be able to tell they were more like odd fairies than actual turtles. He'd also be able to tell he was feeling good as knew, as if having gotten far more rest than the time of day suggested. "Ah, good, you're awake... So, do you think you learned anything, or do you want to keep training with me?"
Back to top Go down
LeoValkenhein

LeoValkenhein

PostSubject: Re: First time fighter - Tutorial   First time fighter - Tutorial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 1:57 am

The guard slowly blinks awake, at first confused as to where he is and what has happened. Upon remembering, however, his fists clench and he grits his teeth in anger at his defeat. Blade gets up and adjusts his gear. He makes his way towards the portal, oblivious to the strange fairy creatures in his rage. Before stepping through back to his own world, he glances over his shoulder at the bubbling puddle. "I learned nothing aside from the fact that I am not good enough. I shall return once I am and defeat you." The thestral walks through the portal, leaving the creature to it's singing and it's turtle fairies.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: First time fighter - Tutorial   First time fighter - Tutorial - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:06 am

Along the way out, Blade would get one more message from the being, as well as a few of the turtles waving him farewell as he walked out. "Ho ho! But you did learn! You just haven't realized it yet! When you fight again, either against me or someone else, you'll be sure to remember a few things out of this... Such is what it means to grow from experience..."

(Tip: I do think we've reached the conclusion of this encounter. Personally, I think you have a good grasp of how to do Combat RPing. Tis just a matter of minding certain details more carefully, but your writing shows you don't need too much help, just some polishing. Let's face it, it would be hard to cover every possible type of encounter in a single go. I could very well try giving you another round with different details if you'd like, but do try some of the other players out. They'll be sure to put you to the test with their own styles instead. o3o )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time fighter - Tutorial   First time fighter - Tutorial - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First time fighter - Tutorial
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2