A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Pony Souls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:47 am

Wild Card looked at the undead who fell to the ground, watching with annoyance at how they faded away into nothingness. "Damn... Was hoping for something other than this..." He said, his gaze going over to the wooden plank in his hand that had recently groaned from the stress of his attack. Shrugging, he threw the plank away and picked up another one from a nearby broken barrel, after all, might as well have a new one when they're so readily available, he thought.

Wild then chuckled at Verde's statement, before nodding. "I would enjoy that a lot, to be honest. Hay, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing right now. If we weren't in some dingy, dark, death-filled asylum, you'd probably be able to see my enjoyment much better." "That is... too much information." "Atmosphere is important is all I'm saying. If it's wrong, it can be a real mood killer." He said in response to Verde, and partially to himself. He then watches as the decrepit figure of the unicorn walks over to the alicorn and slaps her, part of him seeing this as the start of a cat fight, but the more logical parts knowing this just to be a way to get the mare to listen and calm down. The stallion settled to rest against a nearby wall afterwards while the mares did their thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:15 pm

Tenebrae let out a sigh of relief as the undead died from the skull crushing. That was one problem out of the way, and now to figure out where to go next. "I think we should go u-" She was cut off by being tackle-hugged by an alicorn. It was a good thing she folded her wings up, or they would have been crushed. "Ack! I'm fine!" She looked down at her leg, and moved back as Verde came closer. "I'm fine! I'm fine! It's just a little cut! Nothing major, it's already stopped bleeding. We should go upstairs."

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:11 pm

Even with the commotion the undead were making, no hollows appeared, and nothing changed in the scenery around them. The walls retained their slowly crumbling stature even without the two dutiful guards that had been posted there for unknown decades. The torches set on holders still burned feebly in the cold and moist air, and cast their fleeting illumination against the darkness that crept around each corner and thrived in every shadow cast by both the undead and scattered remnants of debris that littered the hallway and junction.

The stairs that stood before the undead showed no signs of change as well, remaining steadfast and sturdy to a glance with being made out of hardened stone. The stairs that lead up were to the right half of directly ahead and seemed just a touch more lit, maybe from windows or other holes in the walls up above. While the stairs leading down continued to almost brood in the darkness that was barely being held at bay by the flickering torch light.

As Celerity crept forward and towards the upward leading stairs, she'd catch just the faintest notion of another breeze from the outside. It was weak, just barely reaching he after it's lengthy trip down the steps, but there was no denying that it had been there and had come from up indeed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is really just a fancily worded post saying nothings really happening as the group stands there, hehehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:19 am

Verde nods to Tenebrae, which involves something almost like a bow as her undeath-stiffened tendons force her to lower her shoulders as well as her head when she does. "Good. Our very enthusiastic winged pony would likely become unstable if she was deprived of a regular dose of extreme softness to sate her newly-discovered addiction." She turns herself towards the stairs leading up. "And so if there are no other issues among us or pertaining to us, I propose that we take 'us' up these stairs and become properly armed for our inevitable confrontation of the unliving bar to our quitting this place forthwith." She gets up the first few stairs before she turns almost completely around to look at her three companions but most especially at Tenebrae. "Do strive to remain healthy soft pony, because the addiction to you is one I'm eager to try out for myself, and I'm presently too withered to properly appreciate the aphrodisiac rush of glomping you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Celerity blushes bright red as she realizes she just glomped the incredibly soft, fluffy- Erm, the moth pony. She lowers her head in shame when Verde points out she might've injured the soft pony further, walking towards the stairs. 'Thank goodness she's alright at least. I'm not sure where I would be otherwise.' As she creeps up the stairs, her wings, flightless but still fairly sensitive to the wind, pick up a faint breeze. Turning back to the group's impromptu leader and only remaining pony without flesh, she jerks her head towards the passage ahead. "There is a breeze up ahead, I believe it may lead to the fresh outdoors, or what is left of them after our long imprisonment."
She catches the tail end of Verde's announcement, and agrees fervently. "There is no feeling like ti within my memory, and I suspect none in yours either. It is without compare."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Tenebrae dusted herself off, double checking her plank before shrugging. It's a good thing my sex appeal and fluffiness can cut it here, though she almost crushed my wings... Where she was from, being fluffy was normal, and she didn't see why they were fussing over her so much. "Uh...I'm not planning on dying anytime soon..." These ponies were plain old strange, and she shrugged, following Wild Card in replacing her plank of wood, before heading up the stairs. She waved her antennae as she walked up, trying to smell for danger ahead.

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Wild Card laughed and stepped away from the wall, giving the three undead a big smile. "Wow, given your reactions to the moth-pony's fluffy form, I too might have to try it to see what the big fuss is all about. But that is for another time, after we escape this place." "I think we'll need a rest after all this... perfect time for a cuddle methinks." He joked, beginning to make his way behind Verde up the stairs, gripping the new plank of wood in his hand. He let the weak breeze brush past his feathers, enjoying the feel of it as it felt... natural to him. "Though Cheshire's idea of a cuddle constitutes many things... so be careful ladies." He warned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:27 pm

Up the lightly crumbling stairs the undead went, flight after flight, step after step. For the first 2 flights, light came in the form of additional torches set in wall scones, but after that, it flooded in through rusty barred window and with it the smell of outside air. It wasn't too long though before the last flight of stairs stood before the undead, a rectangular hole in the ceiling marked the entrance to the next room, and yet there wasn't a single guard that could be seen guarding this spot. As the undead would wander into the room, they've quite the site. It was certainly an armory, or at least it had been, but time had taken it's toll and then some.

The room was square, had a single shut doorway behind and to the left of the stairs the undead had just ascended, and a ladder along the right-most wall leading up through an open trapdoor and for the moment, providing an excellent view of the sky through the smaller square hole. Multiple barred windows and thin cracks in the walls let in ample light that easily illuminated the room and it's contents.

At the far end of the room was the decayed looking remnants of the armory itself, the bars that had once been to make sure only limited access was used, had all but rusted away to nothing, the door completely missing, leaving little more than a sparse row of rusty little spike to overcome. Yet what laid inside was a far cry from treasure. There was a small pile of garments that had one point been proper armor, but were now ragged, threadbare scraps. A few more pieces adorned some broken mannequins and if one were to go rooting through, they'd find roughly 6 complete sets of garb. Buried under it all though was a small little bundle of cloth that despite the ages of rot and decay, still faintly clung to a scent of sunflower seeds.

The weapons were little better as the holders had collapsed into splinters, leaving them on the floor to be trampled and ill-cared for, well what ones remained. Rusty old broken blades parts were scattered about, but there were a few weapons that still maintained a state of being in one piece. A couple swords, their blades still holding a faint edge, an old ax which still sported the bloodstain from it's last use. A spear sat in a far corner, one of the few weapons that had seemed to have at least an attempt at being spared the mistreatment of the others, that or it was put there when it kept tripping others. Resting among the splinters of the weapon racks, one could also uncover a single crossbow with a little digging, the string still taunt and holding stubbornly to a pull. Bolts would prove a little challenging to scrounge up among all the debris that littered the floor, but 23 could be recovered with some effort and crammed into a makeshift quiver. A single medium sized, circular shield could also be found just laying on the ground, it's ancient metal dented and scored, but still whole.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOG: Alright so I'm going to post some links here with what the armor looks like, don't worry about stats this is more for anesthetic purpose and so I can keep some track of who's in what. If two players want to go after the same thing, please talk it out in skype. Though if you don't get what you want, don't fret as there'll be plenty more opportunities to acquire weapons and armor throughout the game. Also, all these weapons and armor only require 1 point in associated skills to wield them, if you have a question whether or not your character can wield them, message me.

Armor
x3 sets Heavy

x2 sets Medium

x1 set light (only slightly better than what's currently worn by everyone

Weapons
x1 ax (Str weapon)

x2 Swords (Str weapon)

x1 Crossbow (Str weapon)

x1 Spear (Str and Dex weapon)

x1 Heavy shield

x1 Talisman (needed to cast miracles)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Sat May 02, 2015 1:54 am

Celerity walks up the stairs and through the neglected, marveling at them with a vaguely horrified awe. How long, she wondered, had it been since this poor place had received kind attention? What had happened to cause this, and why? If it was intentionally, what kind of madness would allow one to carry through with such an action? All these questions and more swirl through Celerity's head as she takes her first steps into the armory.
She spots the two swords that aren't unusable, and quickly runs over to grab them. None of them had had decent weapons yet, and there would no doubt be a rush to get them, heedless of how they might best be distributed. That being the case, all Celerity could do was insure she got what would work best for her. Once she has secured the swords, she runs over to one of the suits of medium armor, occasionally using wing-assisted jumps to clear piles of rusty debris.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Sat May 02, 2015 2:12 am

Verde steps aside as Celerity precedes her into the room and then follows the alicorn in. She looks among the pile of debris, of ill-cared-for weapons and armor just barely spared the decay that comes of being shut up in an isolated room in a citadel populated by the dead and the "living" dead. The thick suit of armor with its helmet, leggings, and especially its gauntlets catches her eye immediately and she starts towards the suit with the barest hint of an eager glint in her nonexistent eye. But on her way to where the armor appears piled, she notices a relatively untouched spear and steps towards it, snatching it up with a deftness and lightness that it would seem like she wouldn't be capable of. She hefts it and tests its balance. "This should serve should we come across an enemy whose reach exceeds that of a paltry sword." And then she turns towards the armor and, without any hint of hesitation or shame, bends completely over to gather the armor into her arms. While they would be intensely revealing with a living mare, there is quite literally nothing to see in the shriveled and threadbare raisin-like texture of the wholly dead Verde. She starts with the 'trousers' of the armor and then moves on to the body and outwards from there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed May 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Tenebrae followed the group into the armory, glancing around the old, decrepit room, and feeling a sense of home. She had some strange feeling that she had been here before, but at the same time, she knew that she had never been here. Her antennae picked up a scent, the scent of nostalgia, something very familiar to her. She tracked the scent to an axe, battered, but still functional. She picked it up, looking at it as if she was a child with a brand new toy. "Hello there...what are you doing, lying here and collecting dust? You should be spilling blood. Tell you what? I'll help you spill some blood, you help me escape." She smiled at the axe, satisfied with her imaginary bargain. She picked up one of the suits of armor.

"Padded coat...with mail layered underneath... padded shirt...pants...knee guards...helm...thick leather gloves... thick leather boots...Not my first choice...but I'll take it." Tenebrae put on the pants first, then the knee guards and boots. She put on the padded shirt, placing the old mail over it, then putting on the padded coat and fastening it. She pulled on the gloves, then finally placed the metal helmet on her head. Now fully clothed in her armor, she picked up her axe. As she was about to leave, something caught her eyes. It was a talisman, and she recognized it instantly, jogging over and picking it up. "Well then...what's this doing lying around here?" She trailed off, staring out a window at the sky.

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu May 07, 2015 6:35 pm

Wild Card made his way into the armory after the other three, totally not having checked out their bodies from behind and slightly below while walking up the stairs beforehand, and then stared at the contents of the room. His gaze darted from object to object, him thinking to himself what to use and what to leave, before the other three undead took their pickings from the pile. The stallion stood there for a second or two, then he walked forwards and carefully past the decrepit weaponry as he noticed something within the weapon racks. He pulled it apart until he held up a crossbow in minor victory, and then set about scavenging all the bolts for said weapon on the ground.

During his time picking up all the bolts, poking himself with a few dulled and broken-beyond-repair weapons and wood in the process, he spotted the floor wasn't all the same, and he wanted to investigate why. Wild soon found himself holding up a large circular shield, and with a smile on his face. "Ooh~ This is gonna be good." He commented to himself, making sure to stick the bolts in a small quiver he fashioned hastily out of some rags and scraps in the room. Then came the big reveal to the pegasus. Armour. He watched as the others fitted themselves up, and as such he walked to the heavy armour that Verde was putting on, taking a set for himself then donning it quite quickly before frowning at the helmet. "It's a little bit difficult to see out of..." A concerned voice said, it being made tinnier by the metal helm. "But apart from that, it all fits nicely." Wild Card added, picking up the light armour as well as part of him desperately wanted to see one of the mares in it... someday. He was hopeful. "Right then, back we go?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Fri May 08, 2015 2:11 am

With the armory pilfered, the undead were left standing among the ruined pieces that were simply too damaged to see any kind of use. The cool crisp air continued to stream in through the limited windows and down the through the open trapdoor to the ceiling above. The ladder beneath the trapdoor looking aged but sturdy where it stood fastened to the wall. The only door in the room still stood on it's rusted hinges and seemed intact enough to actually matter, though the crude handle held no signs of a key lock, and the only barrier to it was a set of crossbar holders, the crossbar itself was no where to be seen. The stairs the undead took to arrive in this room remained where they were and held no signs of anything coming up them. For the moment it seemed, the undead were alone in the decrepit remains of an armory..., that is until the sounds of metal on stone sounded lightly above them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Fri May 08, 2015 2:21 am

Celerity quickly begins putting the armor. Finally, she would have some way to cover up. While she didn't really mind the looks- She was a pegastopolis warrior, after all. Why would she be ashamed of her body?- But being vulnerable did not sit well with her.
Celerity quickly wriggles into the armor, rolling her shoulders and walking around a bit to get used to it. She quickly picks up her new blades, and is about to sheathe them when she hears the unforgettable sound of metal on stone. Be it an assassin's blade nicking the castle wall, or a murder looking to drive out his victims with fear factor, it was a sound that should put caution into any who heard it. She looks up at ceiling, worried.
"I fear we may not be alone in here friends."

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Tue May 26, 2015 1:34 am

Verde's head snaps upwards at the sound above them, quite literally in her case because the abrupt movement causes the base of her skull to cave inwards slightly to accommodate the overly bones of her back. This has no apparent effect on her, very likely because without blood to fill the space and crush her brain stem or a truly living brain to crush, the damage is effectively null and void. "I can only hope that the unexplained noise above us doesn't portend an assault from the direction we are least prepared for," she says. "I've naught but this spear to fend off such an assault, and there is precious little space to slay an attacker with alacrity using a crossbow." She ponders. "If I might suggest, we ought ascend towards this threat and crush it now, lest it appear in our backs at a time least opportune."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Sun May 31, 2015 2:14 pm

Wild Card turned his head to have a look at the other undead in the room, smiling to himself underneath the helmet as he did so for the sight of all of them equipped with something that could protect them in a fight was a good one. He then recoiled slightly as he heard the snap of a neck as Verde's head turned upwards a bit... too quickly for something normal. 'We've got to find one of those orbs and fast.' He thought to himself, not entirely sold on the idea of the undead mare's body making those noises for much longer.

Wild then too looked up, and then at the ladder in the room. "Well let's go see what's making that noise then." "And Verde, you do also have that sword. It worked pretty well on the other guys downstairs. "Yeah. I mean if you don't want it anymore I could probably use it. Crossbows aren't great for close quarters... and they are limited to ammunition." He said out loud, putting away the crossbow and shield to leave his hands free before looking at the door in the room too. "Wait... I don't want to leave anywhere unexplored though. We found this armoury, who's to say there won't be more things elsewhere." The stallion said slowly, as if thinking through something. "Okay. Here's my idea. We split up into twos, one group heads up the ladder, the other through this door. If we come across anything we think is important... well, I've no idea how we'd contact each other by then, unless one of us can find the others as a scout of sorts..." "Though if we are gonna be grouping it up, mothpony and the alicorn shouldn't be together, for the simple sake of "we saw what you're like when the fluffy one is hurt"." He suggested to the group as a whole, moving to the door and opening it dramatically, drawing his shield out soon after just in case. After all, if anything wanted to come through the door now, it would have to get past a pretty large round shield.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:58 am

Tenebrae glanced at the talisman, and had another flashback. She found herself wandering through a small, abandoned village. She was with a group of clerics from her order, and they were on the hunt. She glanced down at her talisman, and found herself back in the asylum with the other ponies. She casually waited for the others to finish, flipping her ax occasionally. She walked over to the door with Wild, casually grinning. "Well then, if we're going to split up, I'll go with this fine stallion~" She brought her ax into a combat stance, ready to fight anything that came through the door when Wild opened it.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:54 pm

The old wooden door creaked open, squeaking on rusty hinges as the old metal weakly fought to stay where it was. It didn't take long though for the barrier to come to a stop against the wall and reveal what lay beyond. The cool winds whipped in, following the opening of the door, one of several signs that showed the door opened to the outside again. The path itself was a thin suspended walkway, leading from the armory to the large building that the old mound of rags had said housed the Warden. None however could see into the building from across the thin and wall-less walkway however thanks to a veritable wall of swirling and dancing mists. Vague shapes constantly danced about in the thick vapors that while were able to be traversed through, completely obscured whatever lay beyond.

For those that looked towards, and would ascend the ladder though, a different sight would present itself. The vastness of the open sky and the whipping of the cool mountain wind would be the same, but all around would be a roofing tiles that made up the slightly tilted ground. Slumped in a far corner, and right past one of many small craters of smashed tiles, was an earth pony in full armor. His breathing was heavy and labored, and when he looks to you, a weary sigh of relief escaped the face mask of his helmet. "Ohh, so some of you managed to escape," he wheezed out between heavy breaths. "I am glad," he went on before seeming to try and stand again, but the weak attempt just had the armored boots scrapping weakly against a couple of the tiles, and the rest of his body didn't move much at all. Upon closer inspection, one could see that a large chunk of his armor was horrendously dented in and cracked in numerous places, his shield literally split along the three dents that scored it, and his sword bent to an almost 90 degree angle. Past him, and laying in a dead heap on a lower roof was a truly monstrous creature with something more akin to stone pillars for arms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Verde turns her head towards Wild Card as he mentions her sword and his lack of a close combat weapon, showing no effect from the earlier fast movement that audibly damaged the back of her skull. "I'd venture to say that having sacrificed an opportunity for a curvaceous and desirably body to lay hand on this weapon, I find myself highly attached to it and deeply reluctant to part." She takes the spear and reverses it, extending the handle to him. "But I see that you have need of this, friend, and I should like you to have it, especially if we are to part ways to attend to the situation as it is." If he doesn't take the handle immediately, she drops it to the ground and then gives the spear a light shove, causing it to slowly pivot onto its end and then fall down towards Wild so that he'd be able to catch it with ease. With the weapon given, Verde turns and deftly mounts the ladder leading upwards, shimmying up the construct with the ease of a living person in optimal condition--which, because the dead cannot tire, she effectively is despite the visible shriveling and atrophying of muscle.

Her reaction to the earth pony on the roof was immediate and unhesitating: she covers the distance with a quick few strides and goes to her knees, reaching out to unstrap his helmet and remove it. "You have waged great and honorable battle, friend, against a foe you seemed overmatched by," she comments to him as her sockets visibly survey his shield, sword, and dented armor. "You have conquered when it was beyond you, and that requires that I know your name that I might remember and honor it later." She does her very best to smile at him, only partly succeeding with a toothless mouth and atrophied facial muscles, before she starts looking for the fastenings to his armor with the obvious intent of removing it and inspecting the injuries underneath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Celerity shrugs as Tenebrae calls dibs on the stallion. She had rather wanted the fluffy pony, but to try and keep it all to herself would be selfish. Besides, the fluffy pony could probably bisect her with that axe, which she definitely wanted to avoid for a number of reasons.
The alicorn follows after Verde, using her own wings to assist her ascent up the ladder, easily keeping pace with the undead mare. 'We need to find her an orb soon.' Celerity thought. She was very interested in what the mars looked like with a flesh and blood body.
Celerity's actions upon seeing the injured warrior are a bit more restrained. She draws her swords (having sheathed them to climb the ladder) and looks around warily while slowly following Verde, observing the massive monster carefully. She did not intend for her or her companion to get dropped by a surprise attack so soon after they had achieved freedom.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:07 pm

Wild Card happily accepted the spear, imagining to himself the body Verde would have had seeing as she mentioned sacrificing returning to it for the sword. He then nodded to the moth pony and watched as Verde and the alicorn ascended the ladder before peering over his shield and out the door he had opened so dramatically. "I'm glad you see me as a fine stallion." He responded to Tenebrae, lowering the shield in the absence of any danger and placing the lower end of the spear on the ground. The pegasus then had to stare at the odd wall of mists before backing away, realising something.

"Nope nope nope, not going there with just us two." "Hm. The undead in the rags told us about a so called Warden being in that building. I think Cheshire has the right idea, maybe we should have the whole group here if we are to enter that building." Wild suggested, turning around and heading to the ladder. "Might as well see what the other two found, sounds like something up there." After placing the spear on his back along with his shield, Wild began ascending the ladder, slowly peering over the top before clambering up and drawing his weapons. What he saw surprised him. "Oh... hey guys. Wow, big dead thing down there. You the guy who killed that thing? Is that the so called Warden?" "Can't you see this pony is dying?" "As we said, visibility ain't great with the helmet. I mean, we can see what's important, but bugger us if anything's in the sky or to the sides and we forget to move our head like a bleeding owl."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Tenebrae followed Wild through the door, glancing around and taking in the sight of the outdoors. It was a strange sight, but it was one welcome to her eyes. She stood there, simply breathing as she took it all in. "Wow....times have....changed?" She didn't recognize the sky, and she didn't recognize much around her. "How long has it been.....?" She ascended the ladder, joining the rest of the group up top, before running over to the wounded pony. "Hold still, I'm going to heal you. I swear if you run out of blood before I finish healing you, we're going to have words." Her talisman glowed as she prepared the spell, and moved to heal him. "Hey, Stay with me!"

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:45 pm

As Verde removed the helmet, it revealed a light yellow stallion's head with no horn, meaning he was an earth pony given also the lack of wings. The rough looking and shaggy brown mane was matted onto his head, partially from the helmet, and partially from the blood that spilled out of an open wound on his head, which lined up with one of the dents in the helmet. There was more blood also trickling out of his mouth, his ears, and a secondary spot on his forehead that had the trail spilling over one of his eyes and caking it shut. He weakly looked towards Verde and Celerity as they saw to him, and he fixed them with a soft smile. "Thank you, but, I fear I may have been a bit, reckless in my endeavor," the stallion said around his heavy breathing.

When Tenebrae and Wild came up as well, he grinned to them as well, with red stained teeth. One gauntlet covered hand weakly closed around Tenebrae's hand that was holding the talisman, and pushed it away when she came to heal him. "Don't, I- I can feel it, I'm not long for this side of sanity, I'll be hollow soon enough. Heal me now, and I'll be working against the very goal I came here to accomplish. No, you'll do me greater honor by pressing on without me, escaping from this place and traveling to the ancient pony lands, finding the gods there and freeing us, all of us, from this wretched curse. And no, that was not the Warden, he still resides in the building across the way," the weary stallion said blearily. "Heh, maybe it was fate, fate that my journey ended with yours beginning. If that is to be the case, then take these," the stallion said as he struggled to reach into a belt pouch behind him, withdrawing a collection of lightly orange glowing bottles that he was too weak to lift his harm and hand them to the group, instead merely just letting the limb fall and the collection of containers spill onto the roof, though they didn't roll far and were easily retrieved. "It's estus, an undead's ichor, I'd collected three for those I was going to try and free, and I won't be needing mine much longer. Take them, please, we undead, need to work together in these dark times more so than ever," the undead said more quietly as his breathing turned shallower.

"Oh, and one last thing," the stallion said with a little surge of energy as he once more reached back to the pouch and retrieved something. It appeared to be a shard of glass of some kind, brilliantly glistening, yet hardly reflective. "It's the last piece you'll need to escape," as he tried to force it into anypony's hand, the last of his strength left the stallion and he fell back with a slump, the shard falling from his grasp just moments before his entire being, armor and weapons, seemed to begin disintegrating while fading out of existence in the same fashion all undead did until the only trace the stallion had been there were the estus flasks and the little glass like shard. With the stallion's departure, the way leading to the Warden was clear, and the way out beyond him supposedly without further obstacle past the wall of fog that shielded the room's contents from all outside it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phew, it's been a while, but things are still running along fine on my end. And everyone's got a new item, the Estus Flask! This handy little healing potion like item can be used twice to suddenly recover from pretty much any non-lethal damage, until it needs to be refilled, which is accomplished automatically by resting at a bonfire.

And we have one other little item to acquire, the crystal glass shard: A mysterious piece of crystal like glass that still clings to and ancient yet powerful magic, however this appears to be but a small piece of something larger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:38 pm

Wild Card watched the stallion grin at them before pushing away Tenebrae's talisman. He then stood there silently as he told them the dead beast wasn't the Warden, and how they would have to find gods at the ancient pony lands to free everyone from the curse. The pegasus then crouched low to pick up the bottles that had fallen on to the roof, holding out three of them to the rest of the group. It was certainly an odd moment for Wild. He'd never really encountered death like this before (though he had been through his own death once or twice), and seeing what he assumed was a sane, non-violent (towards him) pony dying in front of him unnerved him a lot.

Wild then had the small shard forced into his hand, looking at it and then at the stallion as he slowly disintegrated, exactly like the undead they had previously killed to get here. "Last piece we need to escape? Escape what? The curse? This place? This is getting confusing." He said out loud, before looking to the others. "Well through the door down there is a walkway to the Warden's building. I don't think there's anywhere else to go, so might as well give the Warden a visit." Wild said simply, heading to the ladder and climbing down it, before walking through the open door and across the walkway, towards the misty wall that blocked his view of the inside of the building.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:36 am

Verde looks down silently and with apparent impassiveness as the stallion she lifted the helm from gives his final admonitions and speaks his final words, and then dies. She stares at the space where the stallion occupied, as still as the corpse she still essentially was, and doesn't appear to even notice Wild offering her one of the flasks. "There was no saving for him," she finally says in a perfectly dead voice. "All this power, pulled back from death, given this gift of ourselves and this scorching blade, made apparent flesh again, armed and sent forth, and with all our power we could do nothing." She stands up from where she was crouched before the former resting place of the stallion and looks towards the doors and the misty wall beyond them. "And there are no tears I can offer for this, all he did. I lack even that power. It has been stolen from me, to even give a stranger the tears he warrants, and now there is a barrier to retaking it." She stands a moment longer before looking up and walking straight forward at a change of pace. "I have been at this place before and I SHALL NOT PERMIT MYSELF TO BE HERE AGAIN!" Although she cannot match the pace of a fully living Wild, she's making a spirited attempt and the intensity of her undead gaze fully broadcasts her intentions as soon as she lays eyes on something to vent her wrath against.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   

Back to top Go down

Pony Souls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next