A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Pony Souls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:39 am

Verde wanders along with Wild in uncharacteristic silence, her empty sockets gaping wide and offering a continual mystery of how she can possibly see. Of course, the silence is probably due to the fact that she has a mouth full of doll and the remains of her mouth can't work properly around the obstacle. Upon being bathed in the light, she freezes in place as only something that isn't alive can, standing unnaturally still and appearing to be paralyzed by the sight of actual natural light in the dank surrounds. And then the chill of sweet, clean, mountain air hits her and she takes one hand from her board and uses it to pull the doll out of her mouth. "It's... so clean," she says, her voice absent of the slight undertone of cheerful madness that pulsated below her words before. "Freedom. A whole world clean and untouched. Pure air, pure sunlight, purification, full of goodness for the soul and mind." Her chest rises like someone taking a breath, although she has no lungs to fill. "I see a sword below, a true weapon for our needs. I see a soul of a distinct mind as well, below us, beckoning. Shall we go down to it, companions, and be armed with a true weapon and with interaction unlike any we've had for many ages?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Wild Card held the plank of wood up to shield his eyes from the initial blinding light of the sun. "Bloody incandescence." He muttered to himself, shivering slightly from the outside wind against his partially decayed body. But then the sunlight started to warm him, and the shivering stopped, allowing him to walk forwards a little to let the others through the door as well and bask in the light of the sun. The pegasus then took a deep breath through his nostrils, sighing as he exhaled the fresh air and smiling to the whole general area. "Ah, much nicer. Bit bright, but hey, what am I to do about the sun?" He commented.

Wild then looked at the courtyard, the sword in the ashes and the undead who seemed to want their attention. "A sword indeed... but it doesn't look right, nor does it look safe. That undead hasn't picked it up so it's not giving me good feelings about it." "And are you saying I'm not a good conversationalist? I take offense to that." The stallion wandered down the steps slowly, still holding on to his plank of wood like it was his only lifeline. "Though I do like the artifact appeal to it... almost... mesmerising how ancient it could be. Probably not fantastic as a weapon though." "More so than a pointed stick." Wild Card then turned to face the other undead who was sat down, and then to the two undead with him. "I wonder if he knows about the sword. Seeing as he could very well just sit and stare at it all day, best bet in my opinion." "Oi! Do you have any idea what this sword is? And why haven't you picked it up yet?" He asked the undead who was beckoning them all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:51 am

Tenebrae recoiled from the bright sunlight, holding her hands up. Eventually, she lowered her hands to see the bright and glorious sun. She walked forward, reaching her hands up, trying to reach it. She stumbled forward, realizing she couldn't reach the bright light. She looked to Wild and Verde, walking towards the undead that were beckoning them. She had a sudden feeling about the sword. She felt the urge to sit down near it, and she did, sitting down in front of it and simply resting. "I.......don't think we should touch the sword......"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:44 pm

As the three undead proceeded down the stairs, towards the remnants of the fire and the undead who sat at the entrance to it's cell, it spoke to them. "It is a sword undead, and it's been there long that I have. I've nary a reason to disturb it's rest. I do not know why it came to that rest in the fires, but that is where it was when I first came here so long ago, and that's where it's stayed over all these long years, hehehe." the mound responded with a vaguely feminine, but horrendously scratchy voice. "I suppose if someone wanted to remove it, now would be the time, what with the fires so low and nearly out, ehehehe."

"Still, I've grown fond of that sword and where it stands. If you don't disturb it, I may offer you something in exchange. But this exchange will only be for the ones that want to help themselves as they are the only ones that can be helped, heeheehee," the mound went on as it twisted about away from the undead and towards it's cell to seemingly fetch something. As it turned back around, there were three little orbs cradled in the folds of it's cloth. "Tell me, can any of you remember your name? Who you were before? Take an effigy and concentrate if you can, then smash it to your chest and leave that poor old sword in the fires to be, hehehe."

The orbs that the mound is holding appear to be made of small twigs and sticks, bound together tightly and with a single imperfection in the form of a small mound on one side.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright everyone, we've gotten to possibly the first of many milestones in this game, YAYS! Alright, so what's going to happen now, is with your next post, you'll be making a choice of your initial class. Classes in this game give your character your initial weapons, armor, and spell specializations. A weapon, armor, or spell's specialization's level effects how good you are with the relative equipment, and managing to properly wield higher tier and more powerful armaments and spells.

At various other milestones, players can and will be presented with the option to level up or choose a new specialization or class. A single specialization can be raised to a max rank of 20 and new specializations and classes can be achieved later on. Below are the starting classes and their specializations. Also, you may choose to not spend a specialization or class point, and instead hold onto it for later use.

Warrior: A front line soldier, decent armor and good martial ability. Belief in that power comes from martial flexibility. Strength weapons 3, Dexterous weapons 3, medium armor 2, heavy armor 1, heavy shield 2, Light shield 1

Knight: A heavy fighter who favors physical strength and heavy armor. Belief in that power comes from physical strength. Strength weapons 3, Dexterous weapons 1, Medium armor 2, heavy armor 4, heavy shield 2

Wanderer: A highly mobile fighter who puts their defense into the idea of not being hit. Belief in that power comes from speed. Strength weapons 2, Dexterous weapons 4, Medium armor 1, Light armor 3, light shield 2

Cleric: A holy figure of the church, bringing forth the the glory of holy miracles. Belief in that power comes through faith. Strength weapons 2, Medium armor 2, Light armor 2, miracles 3, receives starting miracle

Sorcerer: A magical sorcerer who favors the soul arts, one of the few claims to the long distant past. Belief in that power comes from knowledge. Dexterous weapons 1, light shield 1, Light armor 3, sorcery 3, receives starting sorcery

Deprived: The unknown and unlearned. The one who does not know where power comes from. Strength weapons 1, Dexterous weapons 1, light armor 1, medium armor 1, heavy armor 1, light shield 1, heavy shield 1, miracles 1, sorcery 1

In addition to making this choice (even if it's to hold onto the point), upon grasping the orbs and concentrating, your character will return to living. Please make the description changes in the post but keep in mind that there is a large black swirling circle instead of the cutie mark, and all your characters are still in the ragged scraps of clothing they're in now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Verde studies the two undead with her empty sockets, looking at the undead at the cell entrance and then the one that's offering them the orbs. "I want to help myself, and I think the best way I can help myself is to arm myself with a true weapon," she says to the mound. "You offer an uncertain reward, orbs that I don't know the purpose of, in exchange for leaving a certain reward laying on the ground. I may not remember my name anymore but I know who and what I was before: I was a creature of science, of mathematics, of machines and intricate gears in a box. I was one who spent entire days without sleeping just so I could create, wandered wide with a wagon and a backpack to see what others had made and how they had made it. I have seen forges, foundries, factories, smithies, apothecaries, and the craft of the alchemist, the engineer, the smith, the architect, the stonemason." She pauses, her face pinching a little as she concentrated. "I... I remember going about with a... a bar of metal with a hook on one end and a split on the other. And I remember a blade at my side, a thick and tapering weapon that parted flesh as easily as it cut brush from my path or fruit from a tree." She steps over and reaches for the sword. "This blade will be my first step back to who and what I was, and so I apologize but I have no choice." And with that, she grabs the blade by the handle and pulls it out of the pile of ash and logs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:20 pm

Wild Card raised a decrepit looking eyebrow at the undead mound. "Fires? It's naught but burnt wood and ash. The remnants of a fire, but certainly not one right now." He said in response, taking in the fact he was right in suggesting the sword was old, as the mystery undead had mentioned it being there since they arrived. Then came the offer of something in exchange for not moving the weapon from its resting place, making Wild's ears, one of which looked like something had torn into it, twitch a little at the sound of such an offer.

"Help..." "Themselves." Wild Card grinned, one of his eyes which had retained its colour turning golden for a brief moment before returning to the normal orange that it had been so far. He then continued to watch the strange undead clamber around their cell to then hold out the orbs. Hesitantly picking one up, almost thinking it would explode on him or something nasty, he then held it in front of himself and sighed. "Wild Card, and... before this happened, I traveled Equestria... always running away, fighting if need be because of those who had lost everything because of me." "And I enjoyed what they had. Wealth, riches, money. However you put it, it sounds heavenly to me!" "But... I also saw wondrous things on my travels, and I remember being so amazed by what the world had to offer." The stallion took a deep breath and grinned. "I was a gambler." "A gentleman." "A mad-man." "And I, a warrior." At that moment the undead pegasus smashed the orb into his chest, hunching over a little at the sudden impact of his hand.

Slowly, from the chest outwards, his coat slowly regained its rich, dark blue colour. His wings gradually grew more feathers and soon the old, broken and out of place feathers were pushed right to the edge - still tarnishing an otherwise regal set of wings, but Wild cared little for that right now. The pegasus's eyes then flickered through all the colours of the rainbow and more before settling on orange, and his teeth were straightened and white yet again while his mane and tail became rich in colour much like his coat had done, the darkest black and vibrant red of them certainly making him stand out from the scenery that was around them all. Wild chuckled, looking over himself in amazement and smiling. "Wow. This is certainly good. But Alu, really? A warrior?" "None of you have any combat experience, I at least have memories." "Hey, orb giver, do you have any more of those lying about? They seem pretty damned useful." He asked quizzically and hastily, as if he was getting ready to run a sprint. "Oh, and the mare is taking the sword. Wise choice if you ask me, better than this plank of wood..." "The fuck are you doing!?" He shouted at Verde, before turning to Tenebrae and shrugging. "Honestly, what is she doing. I have no idea." "Taking the sword." "Oh, okay. Didn't Ace say it seemed ominous though?" Wild spoke to himself, placing a hand on his chin and looking like he was thinking to himself. "Oh, and thanks for the orb. Feel much better now I have my whole ear back, and everything else. Plus... uh... do we still get the something in exchange, seeing as mothy moth here and me didn't touch the sword?" He quickly added on to the unnamed undead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Tenebrae stared at the sword for the moment, looking it over, almost recognizing it. She shook her head, the memory ceasing to come to her. "Eh...those who help themselves? Eh..." She took the strange orb, gazing into it. She saw a moth pony, much like herself. A honeyed orange mane contrasting with a coconut white coat, rounding it off with a honey orange tufts of fur on her chest and wrists. She was putting on armor, clerical armor. It was marked with a strange insignia. She kneeled, holding a talisman.

Tenebrae in the real world kneeled, holding the effigy like a talisman. She recited the prayer in time with the memory. "I pray upon the holy lights to caress and soothe the pain of the afflicted, I beg of you, seal their cuts and heal their bruises..." She began to glow slightly, taking the effigy and holding it out. She shouted "SANA!" as she jammed it into her chest, restoring her to her form. Her tufts became clean, the color returned to her eyes, and her wings were restored to their previous state. "I'm....I'm a pony of the faith....a cleric...I heal and protect the weak..." She turned towards Wild, picking up her plank again. "Um...I've seen that sword before...but I don't know where..."

Kill them....kill them both...smite the undead, they don't deserve to exist... Tenebrae clutched her head, shaking it again and twitching her feathery antennae. "Um...Verde? Is that...such a good idea?"

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:47 pm

The old pile of rag let out a little gasp at the determination and certainty in Verde's voice as she seized the ancient sword and began to pull it from it's old resting place. At first, the blade didn't budge, as if some other force didn't wish to give up the age old sword, but this sensation was too fleeting to even gain notice when it originally happened. Maybe at some point in the future, when Verde might have reflect on her actions, she might take note of the minuscule resistance that blade put up before being drawn from the bonfire, but for the moment it was completely overwritten by the sensations that were currently building. The world seemed to be holding it's breath right alongside the old mound of rags as the sword was being removed from the fires, as if waiting in anticipation for what may come. With a feint 'tink' though, the sword was suddenly freed from the embrace of the fire, and yet, nothing happened. The blade came free, revealing the final bit of it's length to Verde as she held it in her still rotten grasp.

Unbeknownst to the others however was the second source of warmth that Verde would be starting to feel. This was far different than gentle caresses of the sun and it's radiance though, it felt rough, powerful, active... almost...... alive. It started in her palm where the sword rested, and then quickly spread up her arm right to her core and past it, finally settling almost where her cutie mark had been but now the curse mark was all that was there. From that point, it spread outward until Verde's whole body would feel this almost energizing warmth. And then it was gone, so abruptly that it'd likely create a sense of longing after so many cold nights in the asylum's cell. The sword however seemed unchanged by the experience and upon just observed inspection, it only held the dull gleam it'd always possessed. If and when swung though, there was a feint red glow about the blade.

And with the pass of the spectacle, the mound of cloth turned it's attention back towards Wild to reply. "I haven't any more for those that have already helped themselves," the mound replied simply. "To either my offer or their own, heheehehe" she added with a glum chuckle, as the hole in the mound that gave the only hint to where she was looking briefly shifted towards the last orb still lying on the folds of cloth and the sword Verde carried.

"Well, it would seem I wasn't completely wrong about you three, at least not yet, heehehehehee, but the journey you three are about to embark on is long and I know not the way, heheheheee," the mound went on as it observed the three undead in the courtyard. "But I do know of the way out," she suddenly spoke up and despite no light managing to illuminate her face, one could get the sense that she was grinning behind those folds of cloth. One arm shifted from it's position, the same one that had moved to reveal the orbs in the first place. It pointed away from the stairs the undead had descended to reach the courtyard, and towards a large set of stone double doors on the side of what was possibly the tallest part of the asylum. The massive building towered above them, and seemed to have additional walkway branching into it at varying heights from other parts of the asylum.

"On the bottom floor, and past the final door, lies a room still connected to the old pony lands. If you wish to find the truth to this curse, then you must travel to that forsaken empire. But, heheheheheee, first you'll need to get past the warden. And old soul who'd stood valiantly and steadfast against the spread of the curse, heheehehehe, at least until it took hold of him, hehehe," the mound said. "Maybe there's still some useful things in the old armory? hehehe" the undead added while pointing back towards the section of the asylum the undead had exited from, or rather a tower like segment connected to it with a walkway also branching into the main building where the mound said the warden lurked. "Hehehe, all the way up may be where the weapons and armor are, but what could they have possibly kept so far down below?" she asked inquisitively before chuckling again.

A short distance away from the three standing undead and the sitting mound of cloth, another corpse was stirring. How long it'd been there was unknown, but there it was, spared becoming part of the earth only because of the hard chill that kept it near frozen. Maybe it was the sight of coherent acting undead, or maybe it was the sight of two of them returning to life, regardless though, this undead also found sanity still lodged in it's deceptively empty head and with this awakened consciousness, came clarity to where it was, but only in the barest of details. What would probably catch more of the undead's rotting eyes tough would be the last orb, still resting in the lap of the mound.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOG: alright, yeah, we've got our first couple goals! Also, just to make sure I've got it clear, could everyone in their next post, at the bottom in an OOG section similar to this one make sure they put down what class they chose to start as.

Now for a quick mechanics clarification. Health, spell charges, and some items are renewed/restored when EVERYONE is resting at a bonfire. If anyone is not resting at a bonfire (excluding those that have died in which case you'll be spaw at the bonfire already resting), then the effect doesn't happen for anyone. To say you're resting at a bonfire, make a simple addition to the post either at the end or beginning in [brackets] or (parenthesis) stating as such.

As per usual, any questions and concerns, feel free to contact me via PM or skype.

And now for my little bit of fun.
Bonfire blade: Ancient sword pulled from a bonfire. It's deceptively rustic blade still holds a surprising edge, and an unnatural warmth. In the early days of the empire, the fires were in great need, yet the process to make one was difficult and plagued with uncertainty. The swords were one style, yet it fell out of favor like so many others before it, and now only a scarce few remain.

The sword has a lingering flame to it, burning the enemies it cuts. A remnant perhaps of the bonfire it was pulled from, but not the only one as the sword seems to draw equinity to it, as well as those that seek it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:11 pm

Celerity stirs slowly, as her creaking bones give profuse protests at being called into service once more. She had seen them. Movement, others walking, strong. She could feel it. The last orb, her rob, perhaps. In potentia, certainty if she could but rise.
Reaching out her ancient bones, she drags herself from the frigid pose she had adopted all this time. She had purpose. Yes. Something about.... A sister? But what?
Celerity shakes her head. It mattered not. First, the orb. That was what was important now.

The mound of cloth moves to the orb, unfolding gradually into a pony shape. Celerity lays a hand upon the final orb, speaking a simple word in what rasps remained of her voice. "Healer."
Celerity stares into the orb. After a moment's thought, she grabs it and crushes it against her chest. She jolts as flesh and fur returns to her, lining her limbs and regenerating her chest. The gray patches of fur that had remained in her sere state join the others in her long forgotten chalk colors. Her mane, previously frozen patches fit for a flsh frozen swamp, lengthen and color. By the time the process is finished, they have bloomed into two colors, golden and blue. In fact, she is quite shaggy. The feathers in her tattered wings regrow, as the muscle knits whole and fills out. Celerity smiles happily, stretching out her wings for the first time in many decades. She had missed her wings greatly, and even if they would not grant her true flight it was still a comfort to have them back.

She remembered. Not all, perhaps. But enough. "Sister. Time. I will save you both. Just help me now"
Celerity sighs. She wasn't really expecting an answer form the air around her. Such was impossibly, right?
She looks over at the ponies that 'awakening' her. "Thank you," she rasps, her voice rusty form the long years of disuse.

OOG: Cleric

"I'm on my way Sister."

Last edited by Lorthalis of Crows on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:36 am

Verde takes in a long, deep breath as the fiery warmth blazing in the sword washes over her, stirring her stringy colorless mane and causing her undead flesh to ripple a little. When she turns to look at the orb still laying in the mass of cloth, anyone looking at her face would see that totally empty eye sockets had acquired twin points of burning light and there was the slightest touch of greater grace, purpose, and life to her movements despite the fact that she has not used any orb and certainly gained no greater energy from that in the sword. "Though there is no living flesh for me now, my friends, this was the wiser course. I am... me again, in a more profound sense than I was at the caress of light and warmth on my skin. I have no name for myself--not yet--but what the holy one calls me will be what i shall call myself now. I am Verde, both literally and in name."

Turning towards the orb causes her to see the awakening dead grasp for it and without a hint of hesitation, she grasps the orb at the same time the other does and gently presses it into her grasp. She straightens with a crackling of undying tendons and ligaments snapping her back into position and she watches as the light sweeps over Celerity, restoring wing and mane and coloration. And undead lips gape in a smile without a single tooth visible. "You are welcome, Healer, and so far as we are able, we will help you save whom you love and are sworn to. Or at least I will." Her eyes shift towards the sword. "I feel that I have this weapon for that particular purpose: to aid you in this and in other things." She looks back at Tenebrae and Wild. "To aid all of you, so long as we have the same and singular purpose. And the first of these purposes, I would say, ought to be to break into the world outside of this fetid place and follow our path with freedom, regardless of whomever and whatever might oppose us in such a quest."

"We shall be as the knights of many a tale." She looks at Wild and at Tenebrae and then back to Celerity. "Handsome and beautiful companions, keeping faith with a shriveled wreck of a pony with naught but words to recommend her to you. Words, and this fine sword." Her mouth gapes in a grin. "Celestia give her joy whom made this blade, for it sings in my ears and moves as my machete did, parting flesh and plant as needed. With it, I shall be a Knight errant, no matter what the rest of you may do. And now let us quit this distressing scene and with new resolve, take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing, end them. If fortune be with us, even at the gravest blow, we shall tilt when we ought withdraw, and that is knightly too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOG: Knight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Wild Card raised an eyebrow at the mound of rags, before shrugging. "Fair enough." "Thank you for pointing out the way, and for gifting us those wondrous orbs." He replied happily, doing a double take on Tenebrae after seeing some of her features properly and without the undeath tarnishing her body. He merely gulped and smiled weakly. "Well all we know now is that the unicorn now wields it." The pegasus replied, trying ever so hard not to look at the moth-pony's chest region.

Luckily a distraction came to him, as he noticed the undead unicorn returning to them and the other undead taking the third and final orb for itself. "Excuse me, that's... okay never mind." Wild started and then slowly his words faltered upon seeing the other undead become this chalk coloured mare. Again, staring at her chest was something he found it ever so hard not to do, and he was losing this battle. Sighing to himself in his head, he allowed one peek, remembered it and filed it away, all the while he was fighting the ever growing feeling in his nether regions. 'Blood flow is working well.' 'But now is not the time.' Wild Card thought hastily, his approval of Tenebrae and Celerity's forms slightly unsheathed but going no further.

"Healers are always welcome, and what is your name? It will be helpful to know so that we can call on you quickly for aid." "And yes, but I suggest that we all acquire proper armaments. Only you have a sword, whilst we have only wood." The stallion said purposefully. 'Pfft. "Wood"' He thought shortly after in an amused fashion, before pointing towards where they came. "I say we head to the armoury. If it was past those two guards we now have some chance to slay them with this new weapon." Wild continued saying, keeping a steady grip on his plank of wood. 'We've got to get something else to fight with, even if its only to stop Cheshire from laughing himself to death.' 'We're fighting with wood! And in more than one sense of the word! BWAHAHAhahaha!'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOG: Warrior
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Tenebrae held her head, trying to force the thoughts out. She struggled with those thoughts, seeing a memory of herself wearing strange armor, hunting undead. She saw more of her prey here, she was surrounded by them...but she realized something. She was her own prey. "Ugh....." She shook her head again, and turned to see an alicorn. She wandered over to Celerity, getting a little too close for comfort, rubbing her feathery antennae on her. "Mmmm...alicorn....healer...."

((OOG: Cleric))

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:28 pm

The mound chuckled some more as the undead made their introductions and departed back towards the armory. "Fare well undead, we shall see if you are any different from the countless others," she said as they departed.

As the undead climb back up the stairs, returning to the hallway they were in before but now with their new companion in tow, they would find it the same as before. The old stairs leading back up to the decrepit junction with it's 3 hallways. Now that the undead were facing the opposite way, the hallway with the stairs were to the right and the dead end was on the left, but the straight ahead hallway remained the same. The two undead guards were still at their station in front of the stairs, and so long as the undead didn't progress any further, they'd remain stalwart in their position.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:47 am

Celerity looks curious at the strange moth pony up until the point she makes contact. Her fur was very soft. Her antennae even softer. It was the softest thing Celerity had ever felt, and it was certainly not something she had remembered from the times before her unlife began. Such that she would hardly notice or care that the mare was much farther into her comfort zone then was proper, or the fact that she was barely modest.

Outside observers would see Celerity lock up as the moth pony began rubbing her. She stands there in a state of utter shock, mumbling to herself. "S-Soft.."

Celerity is easily pulled along by her new companions up the stairs from which they had came.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:27 am

Verde blinks, at least as much as a withered corpse with neither eyes nor eyelids can blink, and looks over the revived mothpony and the revived pegasi's reaction to it. "Forsoothe, fair well-furred friend, I predict blatant and constant molestation and physical contact in your future for so long as you remain fleshy," she dryly informs Tenebrae. "But for now, let us quit this place forthwith and go boldly forward to gather arms to ourselves with which to slay and drive before us any obstructions to freedom."

She falls silent for the trip up the stairs and back to where the two skeletal undead are keeping their vigil--directly in their path to the armory. "For example these stalwart creatures," she says gesturing to them. "We enjoy numbers for this but are without the advantage of maneuver and speed." She looks at the three fleshed-out undead for a moment, appearing about as thoughtful as a corpse with very little face left can appear. "Let the advantage work for us then. I have the least to lose, for I've little flesh left to me and have not of late returned it; only mind, all-conquering mind, might be forfeit. Be wise with what I give you or should I survive or fall and be returned, I shall be very cross with you."

With this admonition to her companions, Verde takes a large step forward, giving them ample time to spread out and get into positions of advantage, and then advances directly on the two guards, her sword brought up to a vertical position with the tip pointing straight up. Her right hand holds the handle tightly and she places the other hand against the back edge of the blade, her middle finger resting on the metal and two fingers spread to either side. By the way she shifts her head subtly right to left, she's keeping an eye on her peripheries so she knows which way her comrades are advancing so she can quickly shift to flank either the left or right guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:58 pm

Wild Card tried to hide a blush on his face as he witnessed Tenebrae getting a little too close to Celerity, certain parts showing in certain ways. Quickly he dragged his sight elsewhere and made his way up the stairs the other undead had pointed out were the way to the armoury. He also politely grabbed Celerity's hand to bring her along as well, seeing as she was in a state of shock and he didn't want what happened to the thestral earlier to happen to another possible ally.

The pegasus let go of the mare's hand as soon as they entered the building again, and he listened to what Verde had to say. "Okay, so you'll be the one dealing the death, but we're sure as hell gonna help as much as possible." He said, crouching a little and keeping an eye on both Verde and the two guards. His grip on his plank of wood changed to allow him to stab with it a little better, and all the while he was searching out weak points in the undead's armour. Wild made his way to the right as well, hoping to flank the right guard and even possibly get behind it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Tenebrae snapped out of her trance as Celerity was pulled away from her, and she returned to reality. She followed the group, and she really wanted to smell Wild, but it would have to wait for later. She gripped her plank like a claymore, moving up to the front, but not in front of Verde.

Tenebrae glanced at the guards when they came to them, looking them over. "Armored...undead...slow reaction times." She stepped back, getting enough room to build up speed. She ran right at the leftmost guard, building up speed, then using her wings to assist in a jump to try and get behind the guard.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:42 pm

The undead guards seemed to almost come alive the moment any of the undead entered the edge of the hallway they were in. Shields raised, weapons cocked back ready to swing, and the undead started to advance forward. Initially, they seemed to focus on Verde as she was in the lead, but when Tenebrae ran forward for her jump, the left undead guard's attention shifted to her. As Tenebrae jumped up to try and clear the undead, it swung that rusty and chipped sword at her in an overhead slash. Regardless of whether the slash connected or not, Tenebrae would still be behind the undead as it slowly recovered from it's swing. The jump just BARELY clearing the undead guard itself even with the run.

The other undead guard's blank gaze however remained locked on Verde and after a couple of shaky steps, it suddenly cocked back it's blade and stabbed forward with a final step. With the stab, the undead's body was slightly twisted for the moment, but in the next second of it's recovery, Wild would find himself also mostly behind that undead as well.

Celerity would find no undead focusing on her at the moment as she was still in the junction rather than the hallway. Though she wasn't the only thing in there. The broken barrels and crates that the others had acquired their chunks of wood from, brandished as clubs for the purpose of dealing with these guards, still littered the corners of the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so combat time, yay! Generally just standard site rulings here what with the players make attacks, and I'll decide if they hit and then my NPCs will attack and the players get to decide if it hits. Sometimes though this will not be the case and I will just say a hit connects. Usually, these will be something that can't be avoided because of various reasons, or a player will have done something that has triggered a hit that can't be avoided. I will try not to do this too often, and I won't abuse it with an instant death. You might be incapacitated and require the help of another to avoid death in the very next post, but I will try to not just make a "congratulations, you are dead" post.

There are of course exceptions, but in those cases, you have to almost be trying to die... Either way, let's get on with the fighting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:35 am

When the undead guard cocks its arm back, Verde grasps her blade, letting the edges bite very slightly into her fingers and palm, and twists it around so the tip is pointed downwards and the flat of the blade is facing the attacker with her hand gripping the handle and she steps to a side, twisting as she does. She catches the thrust blade on the outer flat of her own and directs it passed her. She then lifts the blade up, still gripping it with both hands and one on the cutting edges, rotating it so that one edge is facing the guard and then she steps forward and towards the side of the undead guard that's holding its sword, thrusting the cutting edge at its chest and thus its shield.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:59 am

Celerity looks around worriedly as the guard attacks the soft pony. Such softness could not be allowed to die, she would not let it! It was the first soft thing she had felt in times beyond counting, and she was willing to fight to preserve it.
Softness aside, killing these undead would pay dividends. The rags were worthless even for modesty, and the undead's armor looked tasty. Their weapons were nice as well, though there was a chance she might not get them since there were only two.
She quickly grabs two pieces of wood, one in each hand, and charges the undead attacking Tenebrae. Once she is within striking range, she swings the right hand club at its midsection, with the left ready to block a retaliation.

"I'm on my way Sister."

Last edited by Lorthalis of Crows on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:42 pm

Wild Card waited for the undead to strike at Verde before making his move at its exposed back, stepping a little more to the side for a perfect line-up as he felt he didn't want to bugger this up right now. He would then try to grab the soldier's shoulder with his free hand to pull back on the enemy's body as he thrust the jagged edge of the wooden plank at its spine, aiming for what he thought was an exposed area on the hollow. Even if the wooden plank didn't do much, he still thought to himself how he essentially made the undead vulnerable for Verde to slice at it, so it was to him a good decision to make either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:06 pm

Tenebrae flew up and away, enjoying having her wings back as she flew over the undead pony. She looked down, seeing that she just barely cleared the undead pony, then watched it swing up at her. She swung her legs up, trying to bring them up out of the reach of the chipped sword, but felt it just barely graze the cloth she was wearing, tearing a hole in it and making a very shallow cut on her leg. She landed behind him, tucking her wings back into their folded position. She turned around, lashing out at the back of the undead's knee with a kick.

If the kick landed and the undead fell down, she would bring the plank of wood down on its head with extreme force. If the undead didn't buckle, she would still try to bash it with her plank.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:49 pm

With the slash of the undead passing by and managing to clip Tenebrae, the guard was left over extended and it's knee easily buckled to the kick. Then between both Celerity's and Tenebrae's attacks, there were were new and fresh dents in the thin and rusty helm of the guard. Worrying cracks and groans came from both the their improvised weapons and the guard as it collapsed to the ground.

The other guard was faring little better, finding it's jab deflected to the side left it's side open and easily cut by the Verde's old sword, which seemed to lightly burn the flesh around it and create tiny tufts of flame around the wound. Almost simultaneously Wild's attempt at impalement, while not seeming to puncture the old armor much if any, left a very large dent and forced the guard further upon the old fire sword. Similarly, the undead and Wild's improvised wooden club let out worrying groans as the guard collapsed to the floor, but the old sword held up.

Almost as soon as the two guards collapsed, their forms seemed to dissipate. Turning to dust and blowing away in an ethereal wind that none of the still standing undead could feel. Weapons and armor as well disappeared right along with the withered and aged bodies, leaving nothing where they had once stood. With the guards gone though, the stairs beyond now stood empty and unguarded for the undead to proceed onto. Both flights, the ones leading up and the ones leading down looked similar in the sense that aged, worn, and crackling stone was illuminated by small flames dancing upon the ends of lit torches. Yet the stairs leading down easily contained a more ominous feeling exuding from them and longer shadows that the torches barely kept at bay with their flickering and struggling light.

Last edited by Zen on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:47 am

As soon as the guard fades Celerity casts aside her improvised clubs and looks for the moth pony. Celerity rushes to the soft pony, wrapping her up in a bear hug. "Please be okay, please be okay, you're too soft, I can't let you go..." This continues until someone pulls her away.
When something finally reminds her to stop grappling Tenebrae, she looks at the spot where the guards had been in dismayed. "But- No! All that armor, gone?! B-But... We could've used that. And their swords too?" She sighs unhappily, pouting as she turns to follow the others deeper into the complex. Clearly she was looking forward to looting the bodies. She pauses, taking a moment to kick around the area where they fell in case they just turned invisibly or something equally ridiculous. But  alas, she has no luck, and after a pitiful whine, gets back on the route they originally planned on.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:51 am

Verde releases her grip on her blade and turns her palm upwards, looking neutrally at the line of very slightly scorched undead flesh. "This is a fine weapon indeed," she comments. "Well-balanced, sharp for the time in a bonfire, and it scorches as it bites. Though I think I miss my curves somewhat, and I suspect the Wild Card would greatly like to be surrounded on all sides by poorly-clad females, this was a wise choice in my mind." She watches Celerity fly into a panic over the wound to the extraordinarily soft one and glomp her hard enough to possibly do Tenebrae further injury, and then walks over to the panicking alicorn. Here, she uses the hand with the sword to shove against her shoulder hard enough to turn her slightly, and then slaps Celerity lightly across the face. "Pull yourself together, lady!" she says. "She is still soft and still alive but still injured so stop injuring her further." She glances to Tenebrae. "How bad is it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pony Souls   

Back to top Go down

Pony Souls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next