A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

"You belong to me." [Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:28 am

In Canterlot, an unassuming unicorn mare descended the stairs and exited an apartment building.  Her mane and tail were light pink and seemed to be crystalline, like a crystal pony, but her coat was white and most definitely not crystalline. She wore robes that signified that she was an archivist, and a large hat to block out the gaze of her fellow pony, even though she was taller than them. She made her way down the path she had traveled hundreds of times, down the street, past the large group of ponies that gathered in the town square, and stopped at the café, as per her daily routine. She waited in line, already having her order in mind. In the small line of ponies, she looked out of place, the other ponies in line looked dressed to go to office jobs, and they were shorter than the mare. The wait looked to be a bit longer this morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:03 pm

A stallion gets enters the line just behind her. His mane is green and his coat is white.His suit suggests 'secretary', most likely to a noble. From his haggard look, he's been run ragged by his employer, whoever they are. He'd been at the cafe everyday, and was well known by the staff at this point.  Neither his eyes nor his tone give any hint of his goals. Outside, music begins to play. Most likely one of the shops had a record player or some such, but nopony seems to pay it any heed. The music is an Sapphire Shores, upbeat and positive. The stallion perks up, seeing the mare in front of him. Perhaps he desired to spread the misery? Or perhaps he merely wants someone to talk to. Regardless, Diamond can hear a "Good morning." clearly directed at her.

Internally, Lolk is grinning. He'd found her! He had a chance. Perhaps the hive may yet live. Granted, this was something even he had reservations about doing, but it was either this or... No, best not to think about that, just do the task. It would have to be done slowly, otherwise her guard would come up and the whole plan would be shot to tartarus. Luckily, Lolk was good at waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:24 pm

"Hmm?" Diamond heard someone direct a 'good morning' at her. She turned to see a secretarial looking stallion. She heard Sapphire Shores play, wondering what that meant, but didn't stop to question it. One of the ponies in line got their drink and left, placing Diamond two places away from being able to order. She had time to speak to this strange stallion. "Yes?"

As she turned towards him, she winced. Celestia dammit. I have a headache. Welp, it's probably from lack of caffeine, nothing too serious.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Lolk notes the wince. Good, it was affecting her. Although the headaches might tip her off, a few more times hearing the music would cause that to go away, or at least get her used to it.
The stallion looks at her in concern. "Are you alright miss?" After a beat, her smiles good-naturedly. "Or is it just that you're not awake yet at this hour?" clearly, he was as bored and de-caffinated as she was.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:16 am

Diamond wondered what the stallion was on about. "Ugh.....I'm fine. I'm just needing my coffee and cream cheese danish. I'm assuming you wanted to strike up a conversation? If you have the time, I guess we can talk after getting coffee." She glanced at the line, seeing she was one spot away from being able to order. She wanted a chocolate macchiato to go with her danish. Sweet things were always something she loved.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:23 am

The stallion nods. "I do. till coffee then."
Meanwhile, Lolk ponders internally  this would be... troublesome. Granted, he was off to a good start, but it was still rocky. He needed to be someone she met regularly, when she was still groggy. Hopefully she would, at some point, be willing to open up to him before coffee.
The line finally moves ahead. The stallion waits patiently behind Diamond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:44 am

Diamond's turn finally came, she tipped her hat upward, making glancing eye contact as she placed her order. "Chocolate Macchiato and a cream cheese danish, please." She was served immediately, the service was fast, efficient and worth the cost. Diamond forked over the bits and went over, sitting down in a seat by the window.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:47 pm

The stallions orders a bagel and the cafe's seasonal beverage, most likely something with pumpkins given the proximity to Nightmare Night. He follows Diamond to her table, and pulls out a chair, quietly waiting until they've both had coffee before speaking.
"So, you're an archivist then? I've heard its either its fascinating or its dull, but opinion seems to differ."
Lolk takes a sip of his pumpkin-flavored caffeine. What to tell this mare... He had a job he could use, and a name, but this would only last him so long....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:26 am

Diamond took another sip of macchiato as she pondered the stallion's question. Then realizing that she hadn't even introduced herself, nor had the stallion introduced himself. She decided it was rude not to answer his question, so she chose to answer it before asking one of her own.  "Well, I'm only an archivist due to having the quarter off. I'm putting my archivist licence to good use.  It's interesting to say the least, looking at old history and documents. That's how I make lessons for those I tutor and for the seminars I teach. It's terribly rude to mention this, but I didn't get your name. I'm Diamond Mind."

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:35 pm

The stallion nods. "I'd imagine so, given the amount of information in the archives. I'm glad someone's organizing them." He takes a sip, as she continues to speak. "Well then, nice to meet you Diamond Mind. My name is Clear Cut, I'm one of the many, many clerks working for Prince Blueblood." He sighs bitterly for a moment. "Not that, you know, he actually knows about are existence or pays us on time. Anyways, you teach seminars?"
He begins munching quietly on the bagel. Outside, the Sapphire shores recording switches to a new song. This time its a loop of the music from last years Gala.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:44 am

Diamond bit off a piece of her danish, chewing and savoring the flavor, then washing it down with a sip of macchiato. "Clear Cut? What a strange name....and working for Blueblood? Gosh, that must suck for you. I heard he's a terrible boss. Anyhow, my primary job is as a scholar. I teach kids whose parents hire me as a tutor or I teach at schools. I normally teach about magic and the study of magical theory. I occasionally teach about runes and replication spells." The Sapphire Shores song suddenly switched to last year's Gala. It brought back memories of last year's Gala (big surprise), and how she spent it with a good book and a bucket of ice cream.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Clear Cot nods in agreement. "You're not the first to say either of those things. Still there are worse names, and the pay is good with the Prince remembers. Could be worse, all things considered."
He finishes off his bagel, as he hears the music change. Ah, the Gala. He'd spent the Gala kidnapping people and robbing the estates of absent nobles, but of course this mare didn't need to know that. Yet.
"You teach Runes? To others? sounds arduous. I remember peering through a book of Runes, once. Seems like a hard thing to teach. How often do you have students?" This was a complete lie. He'd know damn well what the book was, and so did the noble across from him before it vaporized the poor bastard. Good tomes.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:38 am

Diamond snickers. "Well, teaching runes is about teaching from notes and experience. The main thing is, the students can't be idiots. I had to break a lot of them out of their own paralysis spells, break some stupidly placed warding spells, the list goes on and on...." She finished her danish, washing it down with another drink of macchiato. "I have the most students during the springs, then during the summer, minimal during the fall, and none during the winter. This quarter, I have no students right now, as no one is currently on the rotation." She took another sip of macchiato.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:57 am

Clear Cut takes another sip of his beverage, shuffling a sheaf of papers as he listens. He muffles a laugh. "They paralyzed themselves? Really? Anyways, you said no one was in rotation? Care to clarify, I'm ah, still waking up as it were." He says, taking another sip as he continues to reorder a briefcase full of notes. In bold print on many of them are various scandals to be prevented. Some of them include "Cover up Seapony incident!" "Quiet temp. relationship w/potted plant!" "Find out who keeps filling bed w/ weasels!" and other such titles.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 am

"Yes, they paralyzed themselves with their own runes." Diamond Mind took a sip. "Well, people sign up for Scholars, and then are put through rotation until they find the one they want." She took a sip of her macchiato. "Fairly simple system, really. It's a slow one though." Diamond read a couple of the bold print notes and had a puzzled look on her face. "Uhhhh..............."

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:41 pm

Clear Cut follows her gaze. Blushing, he quickly slides them into the briefcase. "Uhh.... Could you pretend you didn't see any of that? Please" He asks nervously. "I mean , it'll probably be over media, but still."
This was, as were, the test. To see what kind of pony Diamond was. It would determine overall how long this charade would go on.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:06 am

Diamond shrugged, finishing her macchiato in the process. "It's not like I care. Politics, magics and academics are my forte. Other things might as well not exist to me." She checked the nearby clock. She still had a bit more time before she had to head to the archives.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:49 pm

Clear Cut finishes of his Pumpkin spice as he stuffs the papers back into his briefcase. "thanks... not that it matters though. Few ponies really care at all, but the Prince will have his little tantrums. It's tiring, picking up after the Prince. I suppose someone has to do it, but still..." Clear Cut sinks into his seat, seemingly melancholy. "You now, on the other hoof, are doing something. Teaching. Even if, by your words, some of your students make fools of themselves, you're still teaching." He waits for her response as he levitates his empty cup over to the trash.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:55 am

Diamond takes one last swig of her coffee, then chuckled. "You keep scandals from reaching the public eye. I don't envy your job. Someone does have to do it. My students are half the time geniuses and half the time they're complete idiots. But at least they learn something. Someone should spank Blueblood once and a while." She levitated her cup into the trash. "Hey? What time to you get off of work?"

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Clear Cut  finishes repacking the case. He chuckles "I don't think anyone envies my job. Least of all me. And yes, someone should. Not that anyone ever will though." He seems surprised at Diamond's last question, but responds quickly. "Uh, about 5:30. PM, that is. On a normal day, anyways."

Lolk was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't a declaration of friendship, but it was a much better start than he'd expected. Perhaps this would be viable afterall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:47 am

Diamond smiled at him. "Well, you seem like the interesting type. I'd like you to meet me at the Cavallo di Mela at about 6:20 pm. Does that sound good? I'd like to know a bit more about yourself, and I have to run in a few minutes. It's a tad bit of a formal place, so dress the part."

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:34 am

Clear Cut brightens. "That's sounds excellent. Barring his majesty punching an Element of Harmony, I'll be there." He checks the clock, frowning. "for now though, I'm afraid I must go. Blueblood has insulted the Duke of Trottingham's doorstep. As we secretaries found out just now, this apparently merits a dual to the death by ancient law. I should probably be there to help with the paperwork." He rises from his seat, and heads towards the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Diamond laughed. "Well then, sounds like you have your work cut out for you. I must be going too, I'll see you tonight." She departed from the coffee shop, scampering off to the archives to work on her class schedules and curriculums. She had a dress in mind for tonight, and couldn't wait to see Clear Cut again.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:22 pm

Clear Cut heads off to Blueblood's estate, thinking about what to wear. Anyone watching would see a faint blush as he skips along merrily.
Meanwhile, inside Clear's head, Lolk smiles. Things were progressing very well. The occasion would provide many opportunities to further enchant Diamond Mind. Every piece and song would bring Lolk a step closer to its goal.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:31 am

[6:20 PM, Cavallo di Mela]

Diamond stood outside Cavallo di Mela, waiting on Clear Cut. It wasn't a busy night at the pasta restaurant, as it was still a bit early for the dinner rush, and it wasn't close to Heart and Hooves day. It wasn't quite dark yet, and the evening was temperate and the sky was clear. Cavallo di Mela was a very fancy restaurant, the patrons that were going were dressed up, and the restaraunt itself looked relatively new.

Diamond Mind wore a black, gothic style dress that complimented her rather large 'wizard' hat that she had worn in the morning when she had met up with Clear Cut. She was obviously nervous, not liking being in public.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "You belong to me." [Private]   

Back to top Go down

"You belong to me." [Private]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next