A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Paradise Is Utopia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:32 am

Sonata cringed as the bird suddenly started speaking up, and then all the other noise that had decided to raise as well. Whether it died down or not, she slowly turned her head towards the bed only to let out an internal groan as she saw the visage of Sombra sitting up in his bed and looking at them all. She had to think fast, but nothing was coming to mind at the moment, especially with all the noise that was going on. For lack of a better response at this exact moment, Sonata spread her wings and took to hovering in the air, partially for what she was about to do and partially to avoid the avalanche of coins cascading down behind her. "Well, this isn't quite how I'd intended to meet you your highness, but it's a pleasure none the less," Sonata began as she hovered around behind the penguin and slipped her hooves under it's wings so she could get a firm hold on it. "And I'd like to take this opportunity to present you with this... penguin," she added while lifting the flightless bird before her, struggling a little under it's weight.

In truth, she really doubted this would work and was more doing this to just make the situation a little lighter or perhaps it'd finally be the tipping point at which Sombra would assume this was just a dream and try to go back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:55 pm

Diamond Mind shook her head, and the moving symbols settled down and her mind was finally cleared. The elephant that was the room crashed down on her, and she knew exactly where she was. Her mind reached out to the other ponies from the airship, well, the ones that weren't currently trying to embarrass themselves with a dire penguin. That's an emperor penguin. It's a dire penguin, shut up. She opened the mental link with the ponies, hoping they'd be listening. Listen, I'm about to get us all out of here with a slight truth alteration. Anyone who feels like not going with this can have fun with King Sombra .

Diamond Mind bowed her head, a sign of respect, before speaking. "King Sombra, I am sorry for the sudden interruption, as it seems I am quite early...about 3 hours to be exact. My employees and I were on the airship here when a catastrophe struck and we were forced to mass teleport in a random direction. We ended up here, with a pile of coins, a dire penguin, and a musician trying to give you the dire penguin as a gift..." She trailed off, her brain almost crashing at the absurdity. "Now if you will excuse us, we need to go purchase rooms at a nearby hotel..." She waited patiently for King Sombra's response, shivering slightly in antici.......pation.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:55 pm

[Lunatic Veil]
Veil was rather angry about being used as bait, and from how protective she was of her servants on the ship, Lady Diamond Mind seemed like a significantly superior boss to Alazar. Already accustomed to the previous link, Veil connects with Diamond. 'I am perfectly happy to go with you. Are you hiring, by the way?' Veil does her best to look like she works for Diamond Mind. Whether the stallion atop her aided this deception, she wasn't entirely sure. Fortunately or unfortunately, the stallion was being moved off of her. Once she could get up again, she would slink over to Diamond Mind's side.

[Lixir]
Sensing the telepathic connection from Diamond, Lixir sends an acceptance of Diamond's offer through her own telepathic communications. Granted, they were a bit more druid magic than what Diamond might be using, but they would serve. 'Once thirty more seconds have passed, we'll be right with you.' At that pint, Pure would be too embaressed to fight Lixir for control of the body.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:02 am

The mental responses to Diamond from the other ponies in the room were swift and while some were more hesitant than others, they all seemed to have enough urgency to not bother waiting five seconds to think it out fully.
"Why of course, Lady Diamond. It would be a pleasure."
"WHY AM I A STALLION!?"
"Is that who I think it is...okay, anything that gets me out of this room in one piece..."

"Well if you do not mind my asking, who exactly are you?" the stallion in the bed asked, looking over the little crowd of ponies who had apparently decided taking residence in his room was perfectly normal. "All of you, for that matter. And please, do not insult me with lies. You have already invaded my palace, slunk into my bedroom, and now you wish to pass all that off as perfectly normal? If it were not  for the draconesquus among you, I would assume all of you must have just arrived from the nearest sanatorium for all the propriety you lack. Instead, I am simply left wondering how many of you intend to end up there before the sun sets."
The King let his eyes slide over the crowd slowly, methodically, taking note of all of them. Spotting the crystal structure that certainly had not taken up the center of his room the night before, he lit up his horn and the ridiculous amalgamation of crystal would quickly begin receding back into the floor, if not immediately combated by something else. Meanwhile, his eyes turned over to the penguin-wielding pegasus, a bit of recognition catching in them. Though it wasn't the squawking and struggling flightless bird he focused on, but the mare holding it in the most ridiculous fashion possible, "Ah, I believe I have seen your face before. So...Sombrero Lite, correct? No, that does not sound right...would you put that poor creature down already? It is clearly irate with your treatment of it. If you are incapable of taking care of your pets, it simply does not do to try to pawn it off to every individual you meet. Go out into the icy wastes or something if you are that desperate to be rid of the thing, as I certainly have no desire for such a mangy, decrepit creature in my palace."

View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Sonata all to quickly obliged in the notion of depositing the irate penguin with a quick nod, though she careful to make sure she put it down with ease instead of just throwing or dropping the poor bird. There was however a very slight twinge of annoyance when the king got her name wrong, but she tried to make sure that expression wasn't shown. She also cursed herself for attempting such an act, but that was too little too late now.

"I could only hope that you would have seen me before, as the greatest chance would have been during one of my performances. That's even the reason for my travel to your great kingdom, though arriving here and in the manner I did wasn't quite the intention. I believe I'm scheduled to play at a nobles party later today and I would be even greater the fool to not extend an offer of song request should you decide to grace it with an appearance," Sonata said as smoothly as she could. "If your highness so desires, I even have my instrument of choice with me now and would be all to honored to play something for you," she added with an inviting smile while one hoof went to the strap of her violin case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:56 pm

Good...good...er Edda? I mean Solo...sorry about that. We'll get you changed back when we get to a hotel and I can prepare a spell. For now, just roll with it. I would like to know your names before I proceed after this point. And Veil, consider yourself hired, for all I know, my servants are dead, which is...sad to say the least.

Diamond Mind bowed her head first, just as she had practiced. Her tone and accent changed, become more regal "I am terribly sorry, King Sombra. I had forgotten to introduce myself in all the chaos." She raised her head again, taking a more regal stance. "I am Lady Diamond Mind, Esquire, Scion of House Myalo and Baroness of Neighagra. I am assuming you received the correspondence letter from my father, did you not?"

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:36 am

[Lunatic Veil]
'They are unlikely to have died M'Lady, I can assure you of that. The exact details would best be delayed until we have extricated ourselves from the current situation. My full name is Lunatic Veil, for the record.' Veil hoped so, at least. She had done what she could to prevent the spell from killing anyone. Improvisation was considerably more difficult when chaos magic was involved. Her new boss was quite a skilled mage though, so perhaps something could be done about it. Assuming they survived this encounter, of course. To Simbra, she says "I am Lunatic Veil, your Majesty."

[Final Wave]
'Aaah- Wait, what?!' 'Are you finally done?' 'I- oh gods, did I-?' 'Yeah yeah yeah, embarrassment and teasing later! Right now we need to get out of this crystal and stick the noblemare's side like glue. We're going to pretend we're with her, and maybe not get killed by King Sombra. Sound good?' 'We have control of the body?' 'Chaos magic burst. Gar is busy sulking. And figuring out the sudden gender identity switch. She'll be awhile. Now come on, we need to send our response! Drop the crystal.'
One of the sides of the crystal slides open with a hissing noise. A rather scruffy grey mare steps out and walks over to Diamond Mind, nodding respectfully to her. Once she has the mare more or less between her and King Sombra, she drops into a low, groveling bow directed at the King. "I am Final Wave, your Majesty."

Diamond Mind would hear an echo-y voice from the same source that was associated with Final Wave. 'We are ready to depart once you have navigated this difficult situation.'

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:34 am

"I am Loose Tinder, your Highness." the strange creature of a mare spoke up, watching the king cautiously.

The pegasus, on the other hoof, practically whispered her response, she seemed so very frightened "Oh...uhm...Solo Saga, your Highness. Oh, Goddess, please, please don't look at me right now, this is so embarassing..."

"I am Rabble Rouser, Your most esteemed Majesty, lord of the hinterlands and all the glories held therein." the purple stallion spoke up, giving a deep bow to the ennobled stallion, "I must profusely apologize for the Lady's countenance, Your Highness. She is...never quite herself around a stallion of your demeanor. A terrifyingly common curse, as I am sure you are aware. She has spent the entire trip so very anxious about simply being in Your Majesty's presence, and now this troublesome little spell has left all of us out of sorts."

"I see." the royal gave a glance up at the ceiling, giving all of this input a bit of thought before turning his gaze back onto the ponies before him.
"You and you," he pointed at Tinder and Solo in turn. "Are to go, now, to wherever it is that Lady Diamond has made her reservations for tonight's dinner. You are to inform the maître d' that you are there at my behest, and you are then to do as they tell you. Oh, and that Lady Diamond's reservation shall be moved to six thirty-seven, and will be for, hmm...five individuals, seated at two tables, one of two and one of three. Miss Sombrero, I am sad to have to ask this of a professional, but since you are involved in all of this, I simply can't have you going that easily. You will also be arriving at the same location, where you will be performing tonight. You will, of course, be compensated, both as a professional, and as befitting one entertaining royalty. Your prior benefactor will either understand, or they will be made to understand the circumstances, so do not worry for your reputation either. I suggest starting with something in D, something romantic. But I'm sure you are intelligent enough to manage that.
"Lady Diamond, I am quite sorry to say this, but a few of my staff have fallen ill recently, and I cannot spare the remaining ones from their current duties, but I'm certain you would be more than willing to allow me to borrow the services of one of your servants for the night? I believe I shall take that one."
he pointed directly at Final Wave, a little fanged smile growing across his face as he elucidated his little plot, "Now, as for the rest of you, you may retire to whatever hotel you wish to. But you will return to the palace and enter the throne room at precisely six o'five, dressed in your finest attire, as befitting to those dining with a a king. However, Lady Diamond, you are strictly limited to an outfit that any respectable tailor would not value greater than your draconequus's."

"Oh, and one last thing," the king let his grin falter, looking Diamond quite seriously in the eyes, "If this night is not absolutely perfect, there would be no point in you returning to your hotel room tonight. Any further stay in the Empire would not be worth the public embarrassment to your family about how simply desperate you are to try and regain my attention after your failure."

View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:56 am

Sona- Sombrero aptly listened to the instructions as the recently awoken lord spilled them out, and before they were finished, she already had one hoof going to rest under her chin in thought of what she could play to appease the surprisingly gracious lord before her. Though she was still paying some attention to the ongoing conversation and when it did in fact end, an errant thought crossed her mind. "It would be of the greatest honor to play for you this eve your highness, and once more to the honor of the nobles that will now have the glory of hiring a musician who's had the chance to play for their magnificent king should they seek my talents again at a later date," she started off. "But a curiosity does arise and that being of not only my own, but of all our lost luggage which I can only assume held the best of our respective wardrobes. And once more while I can't speak for all in attendance, I am afraid I do not know the location of a tailor let alone one carrying suitable stock for this event. If it would not be too bold of myself, might I ask for your alleviation to these concerns?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Final wave bows reject fully, walking over to King Sombra slowly. The speed was quite important. It was fast enough that it didn't look like she was dragging her hooves or had some, sort of walking disability. But it was also slow enough that he had plenty of time to change his mind or inform her to go somewhere else in the castle. Assuming he did none of these things, she would stop about 1.9 meters from him, then circle around the radius until she was far enough to not block his view of anyone in Diamond's group, but sitll well enough in his field of vision that it didn't seem like she was trying to assassinate him or sneak off before he could do anything.
Most of these precautions were Pure Light, as the only one who'd taken an internship with a historian during her time before graduating. The historian in question was fascinated with the infinite complexity of royal customs.

Lunatic Veil on the other hoof, remained firmly behind Diamond, barely managing to contain her fear. She wante dot get out of this place as soon as possible, so that she could figure out what she was going to do with her life.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:07 am

Diamond Mind sat there in front of King Sombra, swallowing a combination of fear and anxiety as he spoke to her and laid out how he wanted thing to happen tonight. She felt like vomiting in all honesty, even as a Grimoire who could level a town with a spell. Was this feeling attraction? Love? She couldn't tell, nor could the Apocrypha tell her at the moment. Tinder, Rouser. Go to La Matriarche. It's a rather fancy place, and you'll recognize it when you see it. I'm registered under 'Dimante Myalo', which is my given name...that's a story for a different time. It's very convenient that they normally have a small band playing...

Diamond merely nodded at Sombra's request for Final Wave. "Y..yes your majesty...You may borrow Final Wave...Just return her in one piece." This was growing unbearable. The tension and anxiety of just being in the same room with him was taking an inward toll on her. She waited for him to finish completely, then spoke. "My servants and I understand your demands completely. I do hope you will not be disappointed tonight's dinner, your majesty. It would sadden me greatly if you were disappointed." The words and symbols on her body began to move in a heavily nervous manner, almost in a frenzy as she tried to contain her anxiety.

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:04 am

"Well if you have understood so well, then get a move on already. Get out of my palace. You are wasting what little time you have, after all. Miss Sombrero, if this little mishap is so very confounding and you have indeed lost your luggage, I invite you to join 'Final Wave' for her fitting. While I am certain I would find no shortage of entertainment fitting my servant and our performer into matched outfits, I shall resist the urge and we shall put you in something befitting yourself. Though, I might ask a bit more of you in exchange, since you seem to need to ask more of my grace." the stallion rumbled, letting his eyes trace over the small crowd. "Well get on then. Scamper. Trot. Canter. Pelvic thrust yourselves away for all I care. Just remember, tonight must be absolutely perfect. One itty bitty mistake and off with your, oh, wait, no, not supposed to do that to visiting nobles...well, so ends your visit then."

Tinder and Solo were likely to be the first out of the room, shrinking off to go find this "La Matriarche" place. Rabble Rouser would, naturally, follow Diamond and Lunatic out like a good manservant. Nothing sinister about that, honestly. Nothing at all. Final and Sonata Sombrero would be able to attest to the absolute lack of any apparent signalling between the two.

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:32 am

Lunatic Veil would rush out of the building with as much speed as she could politely maintain, and trying to resist the urge to bodily push her newest boss out faster.

Final Wave, meanwhile, would simply wait for King Sombra to decide what to do.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Diamond would do an about face and reinforce her legs with magic, allowing her to politely rush out of the building as fast and politely as possible. She was attempting to keep up an image, but she wanted to be as far away from Sombra right now as much as a native grimoire could. Damn....Aunt Esmiralda would hit it off well with him...though I don't know how he feels about sociopaths...

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:21 pm

Sonata nodded at her instructions before saying she'd be back in a few for the fitting and then proceeded out of the room with Veil and subsequently down the halls until she was outside of the castle. She gave a second nod to Veil before going in a different direction, following the directions she'd already had to find a few other locations that would help her with the recent developments in her performance. Her first stop would be a music supply shop, in order to acquire a few new magically linked speakers for her violin. While on the way there, Sonata spread her wings to free up her forehooves that then proceeded to turn a few nobs and flip a few switches on the case. Parts slid about as magically powered technology became revealed, transmitters, receivers, and a nob that could be tapped.

"Now, let's see if I can't remember who all was in the North around this time, and who we could use," Sonata said partially to herself as she began fiddling with a few other parts of the machine to tune it to the right frequencies, until it matched an entry on a small list that was attached to the inside of another pocket. She tapped out a quick message, and then grinned while she continued flying. When Sonata arrived at the music shop, she quickly looked for the owner in order to acquire a couple speakers while she also waited for a reply to her message.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:13 am

Somewhere, Somewhen
Radiant Hope was thus far having a good day. Sure, she was trapped deep within an abysmal den of inequity for the time being, but it was one of the few places that had its doors open this early in the morning; they even had the decency to keep the windows open to allow for some airflow; honestly, it was hard to believe anyone did that anymore in Tall Tail.
The tavern didn't really have a name, it just existed. But the food was good, even if their manners weren't quite up to snuff—her sandwich was served on a salad plate, for Celestia's sake, and that would have been simply inexcusable at a proper business.
Looking up from the tragedy of plating, she would be faced with someone seated across from her who had not been there a moment ago. Fetchingly draped across his chair, he was the picture of sophisticated grace. He was, in short, a beautiful stallion, tall and fair.
He was also soaked in demonic taint, but that was beside the point. How the hell did he get there? He hadn't been in the room a second ago; she would have noticed anyone that looked like this if he'd just walked in. He'd just appeared in the room, unannounced, sitting in the chair, and, what, he was saying something now. More importantly, this was clearly a demon. Perhaps this was a sign from Heaven? Perhaps it's her chance to rejoin the war? Wait a minute, he's saying something...is he talking to me?
"—angel you may be, I'm rather sure someone just shattered every contract I've currently been working on, and seeing as you have fallen—yes, I can smell that on you—I was wondering if you would be interested in a mutually beneficial partnership? Just for a little bit, perhaps?"

St. Peter's Pearly Gates. Nowish.
Sacred Chime would awaken in a field of poppies before a pair of golden gates. Gates with no wall. The sort of gates you only got in very religious and devout texts. He felt...vanishingly normal. Something had scrubbed him clean of the taint he'd picked up, and even the bit of half-changeling he had gained had been set free to go find its actual owner. He was pure here.
Where was here?
"I see you have finally awoken, Sacred." a soft, melodious voice wafted from behind him. Turning about, he would be faced with an indescribable radiance. Her Majesty did not so much stand within the field so much as she stood over it. Of course, if he was here, and she was here...did that mean he died in that explosion?

Meanwhile, in the Crystal Empire

The owner of the music shop was naught to be found. The smiling, drab-but-strangely-speckly-coated colt behind the counter—if 17-year-olds counted as colts, and they generally did when they were working behind the counters of music shops that were typically owned by their old stallion—however, was more than happy to give her a "Good afternoon miss" and "You look like you know what you want, what is it that you're looking?", and even a "Yes ma'am we just got that in stock today, still in the back room, I can have it right out for you.". This, this here was service with a smile given physical form. If this colt could be more agreeable, Sonata would not have any suggestions for how he could be so.

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:06 pm

Somewhere, Somewhen
Radiant quietly calms herself at the unexpected appearance of a demon. She had missed most of his speech, which was a tad troublesome. After her knee-jerk reaction, she reminded herself that Heaven would probably not send a demon to do its bidding. Besides, her knowledge was poisonous to the realm as a whole. She wasn't going back.
Her first instinct was that everyone should be afraid of him. He was, after all, a demon.

After everyone flees the bar for reasons they don't really grasp, raw emotion overruling logic in all but a few cases,  Radiant considers his offer. On one hoof, he was a bloody Daemon! On the other hoof, she was Fallen. Consorting with demons was a thing she could do now, apparently.
Attempting to speak with her limited grasp of Equestrian, she says "Yes. Maybe. Why? Who, how? Demon. Explain."
What the demon would feel is a attempt by her to project onto it the perception of her manner and emotions being guarded, but curious.

Meanwhile, in the Crystal Empire

-Final Wave (Post Private RP)
"I have a mind again! Wheeeeee~!" "We have unconflicted body again! Wheeeeee~!" " We have no migraine cures. Shiiiiiiiiiiit.." "Stop being such a downer Pure. We get to live! Sort of... We don;t have to kill ourselves in a futile attempt to destroy the Crystal Empire!" "And believe me, I am happy about that. But now we are serving King Sombra, who, I might add, just undressed us. And we are simultaneously serving an ennobled Archmage." "Wait, which one is which again?" "King Sombra is the one that gives you that happy floaty feeling while you're around him." "Oh." "Pure?" "Not. A. Word."
While this internal exchange was taking place, Final Wave as a singular entity was perusing the library Sombra had given her access to.  With two professors and an archmage among them, they had a powerful thirst for knowledge. They would continue to read until around 30 or so minutes before the appointed time, at which point she would join Sombra.

-Lunatic Veil
Lunatic accompanies Diamond, in lieu of anything else to do. She becomes fabulous.

"I'm on my way Sister."

Last edited by Lorthalis of Crows on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Sacred Chime looked around, and then sneezed. Great, flowers. In season. After rubbing his snout with a hoof, he stood up, stretching a bit. That was strange...his magic had reverted to normal...and he didn't feel like openly flirting with other stallions. Then the gates came into view. He made a noise, a very loud noise exclusive to thestrals. Some found the noise endearing, and others would normally attempt to surgically remove their ears with the nearest object.

Then he turned around. Things got 20% worse in about 10 seconds flat. He just barely managed to keep himself from fainting from the scare alone. He was most certainly dead, and that most certainly was the Goddess he was now standing in front of. "Wha....Why am I here?!" The shard in his abdomen was still resonating, giving him a strange sense of dissonance. "I...am I dead?" The look of despair on his face said it all.

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:23 pm

"Ah, that would be perfect, thank you sweetie," Sonata replied as she waited for the owner to return with her requested goods while mentally reviewing what else she'd need. "The big thing was the speakers, and a control deck to make sure they were all adjusted and calibrated correctly, which would probably be available too. Then came the matter of meeting up with her other contacts as soon as they actually bothered to re- Ah, there they are," Sonata thought to herself as a soft series of beeps from her case signaled the arrival of the new message while the colt was getting the speakers. Sonata pulled the strip of marked paper taunt and began deciphering it only for the grin to further cement itself on her face. "Excellent, with them tagging along, the performance should come together perfectly. Knew the allure of an opportunity to play for the king would be enough for some schedule changes," Sonata went on thinking to herself as she stowed the paper into a saddlebag. She continued to wait then, for the colt to come back with her requested speakers so she'd know exactly what she was working with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:28 am

Tall Tail
"Oh, nothing all that special. Why..." the demon slinked over, nearly cheek to cheek with Radiant, "I'll promise you something to do with your time. Give you some purpose in life, at least for the duration of the contract? In return...I want ten years of your life. Nothing malicious, of course. Consecutive, just for simplicity's sake. Not that ten years is any more than a drop in the bucket for a creature as immortal as yourself, now is it?"

Gates of Elysium
"No, no, you have not died yet, my little pony. But you may come here when you do die. I do intend to return you to the realm of the living, but I have a proposition for you. You see, I have spent a long time facing Equestria's enemies from afar, and my attention is eternally stretched then. So I enlist mortal agents of a trustworthy nature to serve as my eyes, and my hooves, in the day-to-day of the living world." the goddess spoke gently, almost luxuriously, "I would like to offer you a chance to join their illustrious ranks."

Crystal Empire, Random Music Equipment Store
"Here you are, ma'am" the ever-agreeable colt chirped as he returned to the room, carting her order on his back like it was made of feathers. Except she could see the strain in his muscles, in his legs and his back, if not in his expression or voice. "Let me just figure out what this'll cost you and you can be on your way. Does that sound alright, ma'am?"

View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:17 am

Sonata fixed the colt with a sweet smile as he brought out the speaker. "Oh yes, that will do perfectly. And I've no trouble paying for it, so the only major problem now is getting it to my performance tonight," Sonata added with almost a pout. "I don't suppose a strapping young stallion such as yourself who's managing to carry that big speaker would know a way for me to get it there, would you?" Sonata asked sweetly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:58 pm

[Gates of Elysium]
Sacred Chime held his position, now sitting (like the good servant he was trained to be) in front of the Goddess and listening to her proposition. When she finished speaking, he stopped to contemplate her offer. It was a tempting one, but a thought bubbled around in his head, one that was nagging him the entire time. "Why a servant? Even as a servant to both a noble and the faith, I am just merely that." He looked the Goddess in the eyes. "Despite the questionable motives, I accept wholeheartedly."

[Hotel Room]
Diamond Mind was almost finished with Veil's dress, wrapping the flowing material of the aurora around the discordian and magically tailoring it into a physical dress, one of the highest possible quality, as if to put a master tailor to shame. The symbols moved and shifted over her body, mimicking the movement of the aurora as it was made into a dress. "Stay perfectly still. It's almost finished..."

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:46 pm

Radiant moves back from close contact, visibly uncomfortable with contact. She looks ready to get up and leave, until he mentions his offer. She settles back in her seat, listening. She thinks. With no immortals around, ten years really was a drop in the bucket. And with nothing malicious involved....
"Malicious or not, nothing that will have a permanent effect on my body, abilities, or mind can be allowed either. Apart from the memories, anyways. At least not without context and right to consent being given to me first."

Hotel Room
Lunatic Veil was exhausted. The battle had raged for what seemed like days, a titanic struggle between her and her most fearsome foe, the forces of chaos. It had seemed insurmountable at first, but now the end was in sight. She would hold on just a little longer, for the sake of her new boss.
Using ever piece of determination she possessed, she avoids a dance number that would completely trash any fashion efforts that would take place in this vicinity.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Tall Tail
"Oh fine, you can tack that on as well, however, I'll make one little addenda to that: Any change that occurs that you desire of your own will, and I don't intend to mess with that, you are free to keep if you so wish." the stallion smiled, perhaps just a bit wider than was natural, as if Radiant would notice such trivialities; well, she would after this deal, would she not? "If these terms are agreeable, just say the words: 'I do'."

Gates of Elysium
"Well, Sacred, for one thing you just appeared in the middle of Elysium. I have come to understand Fate and Serendipity very well over the millennia. Opportunity presents itself, and I am loathe to ever miss my chance at it." the Goddess answered, looking down at the pony surreptitiously, "As well, you are showing why right now. Sitting there like a perfectly trained little servant, and yet questioning my motives and my actions. You may act like the court fool all you like, and you may pretend to merely serve, but in that little brain you are asking 'why' and 'how'. And that, my little pony, is what I desire in my servants. Inconspicuous, but observant.
"I shall prepare your departure shortly, Sacred Chime. Is there any location in particular you would wish to return to? I shall keep my eye on you, and I will be certain to have you instructed, but it is always best to allow you to cut your own ties before disappearing, is it not?"

Crystal Empire, Hitting On The Staff
The colt just holds her stare with his own for a moment, as if he were processing this request and trying to figure out exactly what she was implying. Which was what he was doing, but most ponies would bother to look a little quizzical while doing that sort of thing, rather than perennially happy and almost unblinking.
He did, however, eventually respond as he settled the speaker onto the counter, ever so gently, "Yes ma'am, I know how I'd get anything from the store around town. I'd carry it. So, looking over all this, 67 Equestrian bits for the lot."

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:59 am

Tall Tail
Radiant scrutinizes the demon carefully, or tries to at any rate. Sharply honed angelic sense, along with the Eidetic memory of Wisdom angels, let her record and analyze every aspect of the outward appearance Percy put on. Unfortunately, as someone totally inexperienced with face-to-face confrontation with demons or the mortals this one was imitating, none of that information actually meant anything to her.
"I do." she says, a tad curious about what would happen despite herself. 'I can always hack him to pieces after the ten years are up, after all.'

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    

Back to top Go down

Paradise Is Utopia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next