A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Paradise Is Utopia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Paradise Is Utopia    Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:10 pm

Our tale begins with our fine band of protagonists: a gestalt of no reputation, the bastard child of a noble, and a frail little mage on the rise to her father’s mantle.
And though their paths should never meet, whilst dark forces rise on high, these three now stand upon the deck of Equestria’s finest airship, Pyotr’s Bird, and it is this meeting that will shape everything around them.

The Pyotr’s Bird is a masterful piece of engineering, a ship-of-the-line with no equal among any of the navies of the world. With a cabin space over a hundred feet in length and an array of armaments onboard that could challenge an entire city, the Bird stands as one of the crown jewels of the Equestrian military, and now it heads forth as a message to the Crystal Empire.
Our loverly crew now prepares themselves on the way to the Empire, and what a trip it shall be.

((Just put yourselves somewhere on the ship and I'll deal with you from there.))

View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:50 am

In one of the passenger cabins, a unicorn mare lay upon the bed, reading a book on arcane sorceries. She was wearing a strange, foreign garment, it was blue, just like her mane and was made of silk. Her names was Diamond Mind, or as her standing and list of titles went: Lady Diamond Mind, Esquire, Scion of House Myalo, and Baroness of Neighagra. Next to her was an informational on the state of the Neighagra, a list of minor problems that the peasants had, and a leather and chitin bound tome. She read through her book, attempting to stay calm with the current situation. She was to visit King Sombra, THE King Sombra, a pony who breaks the magic scale of power , and attempt to curry favor with him, and if it comes down to it, accept an engagement from him. Outside, she appeared as she was taught to: Calm, collected, and not an eccentric. Inside however, she was a nervous wreck and extremely excited.

Meanwhile, an off tan thestral with a golden mane sat still near the bed. His uniform consisted of a formal shirt and trousers that covered his cutie mark. His case was nearby, it contained a mace and a bell, but that was of no consideration. He looked over to Diamond. "Lady Diamond Mind?"

"Yes, Sacred?" She looked up from the tome, turning over to face the thestral.

Sacred Chime stood to attention. "May I please have permission to leave your side and explore the airship, Lady Diamond?"

Diamond petted the top of Sacred's head, making sure to get behind his ears, making Sacred close his eyes and let out a noise of minor pleasure as he leaned into it. "Sure you can go, Sacred Chime. Don't get lost." She moved her hoof back and went back to her book.

Sacred let out a sigh as he recovered from the sudden assault of pleasure. "Thank you, Lady Diamond. You are very generous." He turned around to leave out the door as he picked up his key.

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:26 am

Equestria. There was a lot of it out there, outside the window of her large cabin. Ice-blue eyes were fixed on the window, watching the scenery drift by with a certain laziness that made her envious. The ship moved at its own pace, at its own speed; but such luxuries were not to be for mere ponies, who moved and danced in accordance with the world.

Lady Ciergey Sergla, heir to the throne of Glacia, peeled her eyes away from the window, pulling her hooves off of the wall and flopping onto the bed in a most un-regal manner. A little white snow petrel that had been resting on her back took flight immediately, instead coming to rest on her head. She buried her face in her pillow and sighed, prompting the bird to again search for a new place to rest.

There was an awkward cough, and then a hesitant, "My lady?"

Ciergey removed her head from the pillow and gave the owner of the voice - a brown unicorn with yellow hair, dressed in a plain grey cloak - a glare of a thousand daggers. The petrel took the opportunity to land back in her mane.

The unicorn sighed. "Fine, fine. What's wrong, Cier?"

Ciergey shook her head. "Nothing, Ician. Nothing really." She let her head fall back again, gazing up at the empty ceiling. She folded a hoof across her exposed stomach, giving her bird someplace to land. "Just... thinking."

"Thinking, my l-" He corrected himself quickly. "I mean, Cier?"

"Thinking." Ciergey repeated. Her horn glowed, telekinetically smoothing the creases in her off-white dress. "About... things."

"And by things," Ician guessed, "you mean Equestria and her future."

Ciergey nodded.

"Perhaps you should leave such thoughts for a time when you have control over the future," he suggested. "We are going to visit King Sombra now, after all. Is that not in line with your plan?"

"It is." Ciergey shook her head. "Just... it's a gamble, isn't it? This whole thing. There are a million and one things that could go wrong."

"Life is a gamble." Ician replied. "If we always feared the consequences too much to act, we'd never move."

"I know that. I... I'm just worried, I suppose." Ciergey breathed out heavily. "You know how it is."

Ician nodded solemnly. "Indeed. Should I fetch Harmony for you?"

Ciergey pursed her lips. "Only if she wants to come. Where is she now?"

"I expect that she's at the viewing port. She did express an interest in the scenery."

A small smile appeared on Ciergey's face. "Unlike me, who can barely look down. Or up." She pushed away from the window, rolling off the bed and landing on all fours. Her petrel nestled itself in her hair. "The window is small enough to be okay. But over there... it's like I'm actually outside." She shuddered. "No thanks."

Now it was Ician's turn to smile. "Of course. I'll invite her back here, then, shall I?" He smile grew. "And then I'll leave you two alone. For an hour? Will that be enough 'alone time' for the both of you?"

Ciergey turned pink. "W- We won't be doing any of that!"

Ician chuckled. "Of course not, my lady. Perish the thought. But I'll stay outside for an hour regardless."

"... Thanks." Ciergey mumbled, still very much pink.

"I live to serve," Ician said mischievously. "I shall take my leave now, Lady Sergla." With a playful low bow, he backed out of the room and shut the door.

Ciergey shook her head. "I swear, sometimes..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:47 am

In one of the cabins near the starboard side of the vessel, a grey mare leans over a strange crystal plate covered in fungal growths. To the right of it is a metal box, oblong and thin. It occasionally sparks with red and blue lights, as if two sides are warning against one another.

'I hate ships. There's never anyone worth meddling with.'
'You hate a lot of things Gar, I fail to see how a brief respite from meddling is worth noting in amongst your list.'
'Silence worm!'
'It's true though! The ocean doesn't even make the top thirty!'
'Cease thy babble, and give me an update. How goes the device?'
'See for yourself. This commission of yours is giving us fits.'

There is a brief spark of purple in the crystal, before it shatters into powder, killing the fungal growths in the process.

And there goes our last crystal. We'll need to pick up more.'
'How could you two be so incompetent as two break three crystals so quickly. These things aren't cheap you know."
'We're the ones that paid for them!'
'Regardless, this is getting us nowhere. Perhaps a bit of fresh air would do us some good.'
'We're a lich. Fresh air is overrated.'
'Still, I maintain that getting so light would have a psychosomatic benefit. with your permission, Garftua?'
'Hmph. Indulge thy desires if you must, mage.'

The grey mare abruptly sits up, and quickly packs away the short-lived experiment. The strides purposefully to the door, and opens it wide. Walking through the threshold and closing it behind her, she walks onto the deck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:37 am

((By the way, I'm not waiting on people. I will post when I am ready, and if you're late, you're late. I'll get to you at my leisure))

"It was good to let him get out, Milady, he needs to make friends." a pink-coated thestral commented from behind Diamond, having watch this little parade of permissions and head-scritching. She let out a little sigh as her compatriot left the room, however, musing on how she might get Diamond to do the same. Given the mare's track record, she probably wouldn't even come out of the cabin until they got to the Empire, unless she started starving or something like that.
And even starving probably wasn't enough to draw the mare out of the room.
"Now just be still for a moment, I'm going to fix up your mane so that we'll be ready when we reach the empire."
And with that, Diamond's second thestral placed her hooves on her mistress's scalp, slowly brushing through the mess of hair, before getting up and collecting a small stash of brushes and accessories, beginning to smooth out the unicorn's mane. She had to be perfect before they got to the palace, and if she couldn't be perfect socially or mentally, she'd certainly be perfectly bodily.

As Sacred Chime wandered the corridors of the Bird, he'd find himself shoved side to side as a few stallions passed by him on occasion, paying the thestral no heed. Sailors weren't paid enough to deal with whatever strangeness came out of the mouths of such weird and unique creatures. Nor did the members of this particular crew have any good opinion of night stallions; nights were always too long, and days too short, night was death and day was life, and the bat-winged ponies represented everything wrong with the moon's time in the heavens.
Thus, Sacred would find himself the center of no attention whatsoever as pony after pony paid him no heed whatsoever.

On the other hoof, it would not take him particularly long to find reprieve from this treatment. From around a corner, as he came to approach it, he would pick up quite a strange, lilting tune coming from around the bend.
"...And I would trot five hundred more, just to be the colt who'd trot a thousand miles to fall down at your door; When I'm workin', yes I know I'm gonna be I'm gonna be the colt who's working hard for you; and when the money comes in for the work I'll pass almost every bit on to you...Well well well, aren't you a cute little ratwinged fuzzbutt?"
Perhaps the most distinctive thing about the blue-furred pony now standing front of Sacred as he turned the corner was the fact that he seemed to have decided that it'd be a nice day to walk on the ceiling. The fact that his blatant defiance of gravity did nothing to stop his tail from largely hanging straight down (a small portion of it was pulled upwards, protecting his decency from any fools who might stand behind him), such that the tip of it just barely touched the floor, nor did it stop his mane from hanging down as it ought to have, leaving his conservatively cut style to resemble something that could only be achieved through a lot of mane gel, seemed to matter little to him as he, as his song had said truthfully, trotted towards Sacred, their heads practically level with one another.
"Well then, what're you doing on the ground with the featherheads? Chin up, do a flip, and live free."

Watching the world stream by, Harmony would have a wondrous view as the green fields of Equestria transformed slowly into snowy tundra, a region thus far unmarred by the strifes of home. If ever were there a wonderland, it would be here, in the space between Sombra's great kingdom, and the Noble's Equestria. Yet, if there were a wonderland here, would it not invite a war for its glory?
Ah, but that is a meager digression. Harmony would be interrupted from her reverie of wondering thoughts probably completely unrelated to the above by a raggedy voice, like paper being ripped in half by a wood chipper. Or perhaps, like a quiet chainsaw blaring out its chorus to the world.
"Sorry for the cheesy pickup line, but...Quite a view, isn't it?"

Beside her now, she would find a most peculiar stallion. With a dark, scarlet coat, and a wild mess of a mane a shade brighter, speckled with a deep Hearth's Warming green. His head was turned away from her, denying him a look at his face, though with his side facing her, the steaming pie on his haunch was easily visible. Judging by the tone of his voice, he seemed a little mischievous, if not completely seriously about his statement.

Ician would go unbothered as he trotted down the halls of the ship, if he were to head for the observation bay.

((Give me like, at least 2 posts with Harmony? Maybe? I'll tell you when you arrive, I guess.))

Final Wave, lich of all liches, lady of the dead, and lass of the damned, wouldn't make it two feet out of her room before running snoot-first into another snoot, knocking the snoot-owner on his butt. Normally, that is where one would stop at when bumped at the tip of one's snout with another pony's snoot, but this particularly snout-pony apparently felt that this was something worth freaking out about. He flailed uselessly for all of five seconds, before managing to throw himself on the floor, on his back, even managing to throw a "woah!" in the middle of his crazed gibbering.
Now given a grand view of this blatantly-insane pony, Final would see quite a few oddities about him. First of all, was the fact that he had a dusty-white coat with stri--no, no, those were actually bandages, wrapped around his entire body. How he managed to do that around his mouth without leaving an inch of fur exposed and still letting him open his mouth was probably something best not questioned. Or how he managed to keep his mane and tail, both a dark brown in hue and quite well-brushed, outside of all the bandages. At least the cutie mark of blood drops on his haunches was clearly inked into the cloths.
He stared up at her with his red eyes slitted at her (don't even ask about the eyelids and how he bandaged those while retaining function), and a frown drawn across his snoot.

"Hey, watch where you're going. You could have killed me, you know." he spoke up, in a voice far too gentle and smooth for someone who looked like they belonged inside a pyramid, "Hallways are too tiny for you to just walk around willy-nilly in them."

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:30 am

Final Wave wordlessly wraps him in her telekinesis and sets him upright.
'Oh~!'
'Why are you blushing...?'
'Hush you! I'm taking the reigns, this is an opportunity that can't be missed!'
'Oh hells..'

Final's manner abruptly changes, becoming more cheerful as a light blush is barely visible against her gunmetal coat. "O-Oh, my apologies Ser. Are you alright?" She asks, fussing over him.

'Unbelievable.'
'Oh no, it's very believable.'
'Seeing as Lixir is going to waste time with her new friend, we must discuss the plan. You are the expert on Harmonic Light. What went wrong this time?'
'Technically, the device would've functioned. But it was both uncertain, and unstable. Having it go off on the ship would be pointless, though the device would've utterly vaporized the vessel. We need to stabilize it first and foremost. It may be beneficial to try linking it to the Heart.'
'Are you sure it is not usable in it's current form?'
'Aye. We will need to stabilize it.'

While this internal dialogue takes place, Lixir continues chatting with the fabulous mummy in front of her. "So, how do you do?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:32 am

Harmony stood silently at the observation deck, watching the world stream by. Her violin, glowing with a soft blue light, rested unstably on her back, though so far it failed to fall. Thoughts idly floated around in her head, and invariably she found them floating over to Ciergey. It would have been nicer if she was here... but of course she wouldn't be able to handle the height. Neither up nor down.

Then she was shocked out of her reverie by a raggedy voice behind her, and she spun around quickly. Her violin almost tumbled off her back, but she kept it locked in place with her telekinesis. She did her best to keep a poker face when she actually saw the bearer of the voice; she didn't quite know what to make of him.

"Um... yes, it is a nice view." She scrutinised him. "I'm sorry, have we met?"

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:21 am

Diamond turned towards Ambrosesque, taking her eyes off the book. "Sacred's been acting strange anyhow. He's been looking at me strange, and he's been looking at stallions strangely. It's like he's wanting something, but not pursuing it. He's been like this since Haematites lent him to me..." She felt Ambrosesque get very close, eliciting a shiver from the noble as Ambrosesque started going through her mane, brushing out the crystalline mess. Diamond sighed. "I sometimes wish I had the time for friends outside of nobles and academics. Oh well...." She closed her eyes and blushed, as she had forgotten in her haste to apply her rune to block her hypersensitivity. "Uh...uhm...c-could y-you slow d-down a bit?" Her voice was slightly labored under the cocktail of sensations.

Sacred went about, being shoved aside and ignored. His self esteem was already lacking, so this didn't hurt very much. He then heard a little ditty, one he recognized, and heard a pause as he turned the corner, only to pick up where the singer left off. "When I come home, When I come home, oh, I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the colt who comes back home to you. And if I grow old, well, I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with you." He looked up to the strange pony he just sang to and did a double take. The pony was a stallion, and he was sitting on the ceiling. He then heard the words 'cute little rat-winged fuzzbutt' and was utterly confused, was the stallion complementing him? Hitting on him? or insulting him? He didn't know, and then the stallion trotted right up to him during the moment of confusion.  "Uh....I really don't know what you mean by 'do a flip'. See....I can't really defy gravity, and there's nothing up there to grasp with my tail....."

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:57 pm

Ambrosesque did slow down, taking one more brush along Diamond's mane before pausing. "Oh, you are so silly sometimes, milady. I don't know why you do not simply keep yourself 'ready' at all times; you know how bad it could be if one of us wasn't paying quite close enough attention to you, or worse, if you were to actually go out in public and somehow forget about it."
The thestral smiled a bit at Diamond, almost smirking, but it obviously wasn't too malicious, given that she laid her wing over Diamond's back shortly after her little spiel, relaxing for a moment and letting Diamond settle herself down.

"It's easy. You just need to think some happy thoughts, then head to the second star on the right 'till morning. Toys at Hearth's Warming, sleigh bells, or snow." the obviously insane ceiling-pony responded, not even skipping a beat, "I do appreciate that you're willing to at least humor the idea, shows you've got at least a little bit of decent blood in you. However, I must digress..."
He then proceeded to do a frontflip from the ceiling. Or at least half of one. He simply stood up on his hind legs, put them on the ground, and started walking, letting his back legs follow him, and leaving Sacred Chime behind him, now amply able to take in a few details about the stallion in question that had been somewhat less than obvious due to the fact that standing on the ceiling was understandably distracting.
First of all, he would be able to note the gold-edged, scarlet star on the stallion's hip. A strange symbol, one invoking the night, most certainly.
Secondly, his wings. They were wrong. He looked like a pegasus, everywhere, he was a pegasus. But the wings on his back were a bat's, the skin stretched between the digits a pitch black, and the digits themselves a deep blue that stood just a few shades darker than his coat. They stretched out for a moment as he began to walk, before returning to his sides.
"Come along then, ratwing; let's see if you've got some spunk."

"I'm afraid we haven't, though, that's not surprising. If we had met, after all, I doubt you'd even have to ask the question." the russet stallion responded to Harmony, one eye turned towards her. If she looked quite closely, she might have spotted just the hint of a smirk at the far end of his muzzle, but much of it was hidden from her view. He let out a little sigh, however, and simply continued on with no explanation, "I'd like to get off on the right hoof, so...why don't I start. I'm Alazar Gurman, head chef of this here bird. Well, really the only 'chef' onboard, seeing as the rest of the lot are just whatever unlucky saps got stuck with mess duty for this trip."
His eye turned back out to the horizon, before he continued on, almost sounding happy at first, before shifting into a sort of melancholy. "Still, I doubt any other decent cooks get a view like this every day. The snow here reminds me a bit of...home...but I hear that the Empire is supposed to outshine even Canterlot, though I'll believe that when I see it."

"I'm fine enough, I guess." the mummy responded, brushing some dust off his shoulder. At her second comment, however, he groaned forelornly, giving her half of a glare for her trouble. "How do I do what? Why did you just stop in the middle of your sentence. Kids these days, can't even be bothered to learn a bit of actual language."
He held his head up, inclined a bit to his left, though there was certainly a twinkle in that eye facing her. Was it possible that this was just some sort of game to him? Well, he was clearly something other than sane, given his mode of dress, but plenty of unicorns were quite quirky without too much issue. It was entirely possible that he simply took pride in smashing down an inferior unicorn and putting a pony in their place. There were certainly plenty of unicorns who enjoyed that far more than was healthy, after all.

View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Diamond let out a soft sigh as Ambrosesque stopped brushing and spoke. "You're right, give me a second to apply the rune." She shut the book she was reading and summoned her stylus. She then shifted her dress to give access to one of her shoulders, and inscribed the rune with her stylus, then de summoned it. "There. That would have been terrible if I had met King Sombra without that on....." She released the tension that had been building up in her body as Ambrosesque draped a wing over her, and she snuggled closer to her servant.

Sacred listened to the semi-insane ceiling pony as he rambled about bells at Hearth's Warming or something like that. He then watched with wide eyes as the stallion walked off the ceiling and off onto the floor, managing to get a glance at the strange cutie mark in the process. Then he saw the bat wings. The horridly large bat wings that looked 100% out of place on the stallion, causing Sacred to slightly cringe. The stallion then asked him to follow, causing Sacred to do a shrug as well as he could and he began to follow. "Eh, why not? There's still plenty of time before we reach the empire."

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:11 am

"Yes, that would be a rather awkward conversation to have after we met him." Ambrosesque responded, starting to brush Diamond's mane again, whilst her wing remained in its place atop her back. She smiled gently at her mistress, wondering what sort of thoughts had to be going through her head. "Are you going to be okay, meeting him and all? That could be one of the most important moments in your life."

"Oh, wonderful, you can help me out then." the blue bat pony trotted ahead of Sacred, practically bouncing now that he had a patsy for his nefarious deeds. They did not travel far, though, merely back down the hall that the strange equine had come from, to a door much like the one Sacred had exited form earlier; a passenger cabin, most likely.
The weirdo knocked at the door in the most innocent way one could three little raps.
The response from the other side was immediate, tired-sounding, and seemed to be utterly bored with this particular game.
"Go away, Percy."
"See what I have to deal with? Now get in there," the stallion-apparently-named-Percy complained at his compatriot, "and annoy him until he invites me in."

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:18 am

Lixir glares at him.
'Grrrrrrr'
'If you're quite done, we have business to attend to.'
'Shaddup! I'm in the middle of a conversation!'

Outwardly giving no sign of the internal argument she grins. "Oh my oldtimer, allow me to help you to your wheelchair. You appear to have suffered an accident. Shall I help you out of that mess of lavatory paper?"

Meanwhile, Pure Light and Garftua groan.
'We're going to be here awhile.'
'I have a deck of cards memorized.'
'Excellent. I'll bet you an hour.'
'I'll raise you two.'
the two entities settle down for a game of mental poker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:34 am

"Ah." Harmony nodded, giving him a brief bow. "Pleased to meet you, mister Gurman. I'm Harmony, aspiring musician and... uhh... lady-in-waiting to Lady Ciergey Sergla of Glacia. And yes, the view here is splendid indeed." She gazed out of the window. "Sadly, my acrophobia doesn't quite agree with me, though it's mild enough that I can ignore it. So long as I don't look down."

She stood in silence for a little bit, surveying the snowy landscape, and then continued, "I can't say much about Canterlot, I'm afraid. I haven't yet been there myself, though I hope to do so in the near future, but all this snow is comparable to home. Still, I've heard a lot about the Empire, and I too have high hopes our visit."

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:42 am

"I........I don't know.....It is the most important moment in my life. I'm meeting a pony who breaks the magical scale and rules the Crystal Empire. I'm......I need to make a good impression on King Sombra. This alliance is important. I need to win over King Sombra. This is the single most important even in my lifetime..." She sighed as she began to get worked up, and lowered her head onto her pillow, snuggling next to Ambrosesque. "I...I'm just....so..." She trailed off as she spoke, losing her thread and setting her head back down on the pillow.

Sacred followed after the strange pony, down the hall and seeing the joy in the strange stallion's step. And then he watched him knock on a passenger cabin, and then get told to immediately bugger off. The strange pony then mentioned something about annoying the occupant until he invited them in. "Um......You're sure about that? Gah, I'll do it." He knocked on the door. "Um, hi, it's not Percy. Who is this? And why are you isolating yourself in here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 am

"Diamond, relax; everything will turn out alright, I'm sure of it." the thestral chided, rubbing gently at the unicorn's neck, "You know everything that needs to be done. You're a smart girl, and I'm sure that King Sombra would be far more interested in an intellectual like you than some floozy who's all butt and no brains. And Diamond, you've got both."
"So," she continued on, smiling at her, "I know this will turn out perfect for you."

"Of course you're not Percy. Only he can knock on a door and make it sound shrill and inherently irritating." the voice responded, sounding almost even drearier, knowing that Percy was cheating at this point.
"There's no lock on the door." Percy added, smirking a small bit, definitely cherishing that fact, "Just go inside and make him invite me in already~"
"And if you haven't noticed, the outside world is meant to remain outside. That's why it's called the outside world." the voice complained, "That's why Percy needs to stay outside, because he's a completely insane denizen of a world that I want no part in."
"See, he loves me, really, he just doesn't want to admit it."

Alazar turned to face Harmony, a dopey grin on his face, he spoke almost lazily, like there was nothing wrong at all, "Oh, sorry, I thought you might have been one of our Canterlot passengers, you sounded so highborn. Must come from being around nobility so much."
Of course, there was not quite nothing wrong.
It wasn't his other eye, concealed until now, though she could see a scar running right beside it, near the side of his head. His muzzle was as normal as could be as well.
But with him facing her, she'd be able to get a look at something sticking ever so slightly out of his huge mess of a mane, something that managed to stick out over a solid inch of fluff that extended from his scalp. Something jagged and red, with peaks and crevices covering its top, and the hints of a spiral down its sides. It was shorter than it should have been.
It was more than a tool, it was an extension of the self; an integral part to a pony. It was more like an arm, if arms could do anything that a mind could imagine, or if ponies had fingers instead of hooves.
And it was broken, broken in perhaps the most brutal way it could be.
"But I do hear Glacia's a nice place. Snows a lot, but a bit more calm than most of the northern territories. I could see myself retiring to a place like that."

The mummy actually snickered at Lixir's little comment, "Oh, I am going to have to tell Percival that one now, he'd appreciate the humor a bit more; but no wheelchair can hold back a mule as stubborn as me."
Then she said something strange.
Something very, very strange.
And he mused over it for a bit, searching for meaning in her words.
Then he grew a big grin. An awful grin. The old unicorn got a wonderful, awful smile, and he turned it upon her in the most awfully wonderful way he could, and he spoke:
"Well then, if you're going to be so forward, let's take this right to your room and we can...unwind; I hear that unwrapping one's present is the most exciting part of Hearth's Warming, after all."

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:49 am

Lixir blushes lightly, before grinning as she mulls it over. "Well, you're no sweetheart, but I think I could accommodate you. did you have some in mind or do we need to wing it?" she asks, circling around him. Meanwhile, the other spirits in the body look up from their card game in discuss.
'Lixir! 'Whaat? He's cute, it'll be short, and we can probably overpower him if he's one of those stallions. Or just shut down our pain receptors. They're mostly for show anyways.' 'We're busy planning the destruction of the Crystal Empire and the death of one of the most powerful mages in history, and you're lining up one night stands?!' '......Why do you sound so surprised?' 'Ugh!' 'Just be quick about it.'

Meanwhile, Lixir looks expectantly at Grey. It's obvious she's dead serious, as she looks over Grey's physique. "Well? Shell-shocked or something?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:56 am

Diamond did the closest thing a pony could do to a shrug. "I guess you're right. A mage of his power would probably find looks superfluous in the face of intellect. I don't even know why I thought I wouldn't appeal...I really don't want to mess this up..." She finally released all the tension in her body, laying all the way down and falling asleep next to Ambrosesque.

Sacred let out a long and drawn sigh. Goddessdammit I'm working with a vampire. I'd better get this over with. Sacred opened the door right up and stepped back from the doorframe, wary of whatever happened while drawing his bell just in case he needed it.

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:18 am

No great fanfare awaited Sacred upon opening the door. No great blast of magic or even a massive verbal rebuke. Looking into the room, he would be greeted by a sight of numerous papers pinned to cork boards arranged throughout the room. Some pages were covered with printed reports, others with hoofwriting, others with a mix of both, and still even more with pictures of places or sketches of ponies. Many were connected with little stringed pinned to different papers, drawing some sort of arcane connections between them, but it wasn't clear what they could be.
Facing away from him and stretched out on the bed was a svelte little pegasus, completely nude; with such a long mane and tail, they were presumably female. Her wings lay stretched out beside her, covering the sides of the bed. She glanced sideways at the two of them standing in the doorway and just rolled her eye at them, obviously a little bit completely done with Percy's shit
"Great, he found a thestral. Well, at least he's trying to be original today."

The strange mummy make a sort of sniggering sound, before shifting shortly into sniggers, and finally rancorous laughter by the time Lixir finished her little spiel. This continued for a few moments after she stopped talking, but it came to a sudden end when he actually looked her in the eye. And then he frowned.
"Wait. You're serious? I don't even know your name, and you're trying to get your rocks off? I think the vacqueros in San Palomino say it best:" and for this particular line, he adopted an accent quite familiar to anyone who has ever mocked the San Palomino Desert, "You've got some big cojones to say that."
"So, lead the way, madam, and we'll see where this goes." he whispered to her, watching her with that evil little twinkle in his eyes yet again.

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:09 am

Final grins, nodding back to the room. "I have a perfectly good bed right here." She spins around, her tail flicking Grey on the nose as she walks in. a quick application of magic clears the room and the bed, also concealing the now failed and inert lump that was 'the Device'.

'Gar, do you not have control of the body. Stop this.' 'As distasteful as it is, to stop now would only cause suspicion and endless whining.' 'But I'll be feeling it too!' 'Then you'd best hope this strange stallion is a competent lover.'

Now that she was in the light, Grey could actually see her. Mane, braided in the prench style, was only a slightly different shade of grey than her coat, so much so it is hard to tell which is light and which is darker.
Her eyes heterochromatic, one blue and one green. Both glance at grey mischievously.
"Of course, if you're going to stand in the hallway all day, I have books to read. Take your time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 am

Sacred looked around the room as he walked in, noticing the cork boards, the strange patterns of the papers and sketches. He looked at them in detail, trying to glean information. "So Percy, the thing outside the door there who can't pass without your permission, wants your attention. I'm sure you two can have a conversation from your current distance. You can always invite him in, though I think he might stand on your ceiling. He might even stop annoying you and getting ponies to invite him in. It's just a suggestion, though I won't be leaving until I figure out what's going on here."

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:13 am

Sacred's choice of board was covered in numerous documents, both written and printed, and a number of sketches of varying levels of quality. All of them depicted creatures that seems to be an amalgamation of horse and wind, flying over barren, snowy landscapes. Windegoes. This was a board devoted entirely to windigoes.
The documents included copies and clippings from bestiaries giving numerous descriptions of what windigoes supposedly were and what sorts of powers they were said to have, from simple lists of "feeding on hate and freezing everything" to large tables of reported powers and how often said things were reported in a given span of time. Other papers where copies from journals of explorers who claimed to have run into the beasts, giving first-person accounts of the experience. Some had big red lines slashing through them, as if indicating displeasure with their contents, whilst others had numerous words and sentences encircled using the same red ink.

"I assure you that we cannot have a conversation from our current distance." a helpful voice offered from behind Sacred, "Especially since she won't get out of bed."
"Percival, you are the constant headache upon all ponies from this world to the next."
"I know you love me."
"No, seriously, there is nobody who exists who is more annoying than you are."
"I can't hear you: we're too far away to have an actual conversation."
With a groan of surrender, Solo turned her face instead to Sacred, hoping for something slightly more sensible. Watching him through narrowed eyes, she expected anything could come from him; of course, her little adjustment had the unfortunate effect of waggling her flanks at him a bit, and dislodging her tail from its previously perfect positioning—likely eliciting some response from him, if he were to even glance there. In a conspiratorial voice, she whispered gently to him, "Look, I know you mean well, but trying to use logic whenever Percival is in the vicinity is an exercise in futility. It's easier to just pretend the game is real and act like he's some kind of fairy vampire demon thing or whatever bullshit he's thought up for the day, and just play along. It's not worth even trying to fight with him about it. The least you can do is humor me until I feel he's been punished enough with just sitting outside the door. I'd say 'looking like an idiot' as well, but some ponies were just born that way. At least it's more entertaining than just listening to him whine."

Final Wave was indeed followed into the room, Grey Matter slinking in right after her. "Now now, you are the one who wanted this, if I recall. However, I will try to be quick."
The unicorn's horn lit up, and beginning at the very top of the bony protrusion, the bandages wreathing his body began to slowly unwrap, first revealing his face. He looked young, maybe in his late twenties at the oldest, with brown fur that was kept immaculately well for being under tight bandages all the time.
He may not have been handsome in the classical sense, but there was something unique about him; his face was almost strangely symmetrical, almost certainly perfectly so. Not only that, he seemed a little bit familiar, and while he peeled off the rest of his bindings, she would have plenty of time to consider who he might be. In the midst of this all, he deigned to speak up, offering her a name for his face: "I'm Grey Matter, by the by."
Now that was a name that was hard to forget...and if Final searched within her memories, she might recall several papers from a few hundred years ago, an uproar of a curious sort on the East Coast of Equestria, some kind of lich running around experimenting on ponies and leaving a trail of corpses a mile long.
He'd disappeared rather quickly...but was this the same pony standing before her?

~About 1 Hour Ago~

In a well-lit cabin aboard the ship, behind locked and warded doors, a briefing of utmost importance was going down. A meeting that would determine much of this particular war's outcome. Lunatic Veil, Discordian and a fine acquisition of the movement, was seated across from a russet unicorn (sure, he'd seemed like an earth pony at first, but that ugly spur of bone on his head gave it away immediately, and it completely ruined his image as a rather happy-looking chef) with a pie on his flank, who loafed on a couch across the coffee table from her, occasionally forking up some of the pasta on a plate in front of him, interspersed with a strange meat that much resembled the short, fat noodles.
"So, you understand the plan, correct?" slurp "All you have to do is infiltrate their room, get the target alone, and knock her out. Then you'll take her place;" sluuuurp "we'll deal with the cleanup and keep anyone away during any struggle. We'll give you more orders after you've completed this first step" he smiled gently across the table at her "and we'll attempt to give you access to her memories as soon as we can after that, to aid in our little deception. It all has to go down perfectly if we're to impress upon the King just how much we are not to be trifled with."

((If you want to know what Alazar is eating, it's Rigatoni con la Pajata.))

View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:33 pm

[Final Wave]
Lixir looks on in approval as the stallion undresses. 'Ver~ry nice..' 'did he say Grey Matter? Wasn't that the scientist that went in-''Did some lovely experiments. You should talk to him more Lixir.' 'Oh, you can count on that~' 'I find this highly disturbing and unusual. Not only because Gar is encouraging a "waste of time", but because of your attraction to this stallion. While his efforts for the furthering of science may be grand, the mass murder negatively impacted the economy of the surrounding area. I believe this contributed indirectly to the rising costs of crystalline  materials. '.... What?' 'Noo! don't ask her to explain her conspiracy theories while I;m about to get laid you bastard!' 'They are hardly theories Lixir, and I cannot fathom why you would find sex more interesting than this. Now then, let me direct you attention to flowchart A, section B, of chapter 1 out of 567. Here you can see..' 'Noooo!'
Once Grey has fully disrobed, Lixir slides up next to him, hooking a hoof around his barrel and leaning up to nibble on his ear. "You're going to come over to this bed, and buck me. And while you're doing it, you can tell me all about those lovely tests you did some two-hundred years ago." She purrs.

[Lunatic Veil]
Veil smiles, sipping some truly excellent tea as she watches the stallion across from her. She truly did love these little chats, they were always so informative, and let her forget about the fact that the work of these poor sods would eventually stagnate, at which point she would have to bring about Change. Still, for the moment, they were the force of Change, and so she would poor her heart and soul into assisting them. And who knows, perhaps it would cause  enough Change to free her, even if only for a momen-"So, you understand the plan correct?"
Veil jolts from her musing, listening to the lovely pony in front of her go over the plan yet again. Not that she begrudged him, this was quite important. Nobles were so twitchy these days. After he finishes, she nods, tuning out the sounds of of him eating. Some might be offended, but not Veil. They were very busy after all, she could hardly fault them a meal when possible, as long as it didn't cause problems.
"I do. I've brought a few supplies to assist with that, and I will have to do a check for wards. I'm assuming that there isn't any preference which noble I nab though." the question was rhetorical; he'd have said so if there was. Still, it bore worth asking since she had time. Rising from her seat, Veil bids the stallion goodbye and slips out of the room, stopping to grab some necessary supplies. 'Well then. Lady Ciergey it is.' Veil cloaks herself sliding down the hallway.
Veil spots Ciergy's bodyguard. Waiting for him to leave, she looks over at the room. She could probe the room, but a twitchy noble like Ciergy might have twenty or so wards against even peeking. 'Of course, I could always can shapeshift, and unless she has a magical resistence to sleeping powder... The area is Orderly enough, I can manage an illusion.'
Checking to make sure there was no one around, Veil changes shape, and knocks politely on the door. "My Lady?" Veil asks, mimicking Ician's voice, the sound of his hoof.. As much as she could. An illusion hides the sack of sleeping powder in the form of a letter, while Veil's own shape-shifting would give no hints. Hopefully. The lady most likely knew her guard well enough to know when something was wrong, but that was a double edged sword.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ician

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:48 am

Harmony took a step backwards, half in shock and half in fear, as she beheld the now revealed face of Alazar. Her mouth moved of its own accord, forming seemingly nonsensical words but with no sound, until she composed herself a little later and coughed awkwardly, trying to remember what the conversation had been about. "Erm... erm, yes, well. Glacia is quite the cultured place, if you stay in the more civilised areas. And there's quite a lot of snow, too, but over time you become used to it. A nice place to live... and, uh, retire." She hesitated, her eyes not-so-subtly hovering on Alazar's horn, wondering whether or not to bring it up.

Ciergey sighed from her spot on the bed, staring upwards at the ceiling. When the knock and the call of "My Lady?" came from the door, she rolled off quickly and sent her petrel flying. "For goodness' sakes, Ician!" she growled. "Enough with that 'My Lady' stuff!" She huffed, and gestured her horn towards the door, pulling it open with her telekinetic grip. Her face sagged a little as she saw him alone. "Oh... Harmony was happy watching the view, I suppose?" She forced a smile, though the hints of a disappointed frown tugged at the edges of her mouth. "And that letter's for me, I guess?" Her mind wandered a little bit, which made her a little sadder, and she clamped down on it as hard as she could. "Uh, anyways, how's Theria doing nowadays? I'm not even sure if she came along on the trip, I haven't seen her yet. Kaien would like some company, you know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:19 pm

Sacred listened to the obvious couple bicker back and forth, and looked away from his board of Windegoes, only to catch a good view of Solo's marehood. He blushed and dropped his head, then looked a bit above her eyes. He walked over and whispered into Solo's ear. "I guess we'll have to punish him then. But first introductions" He pulled back. "I'm Sacred Chime. And you are?"

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:13 am

[Sacred Chime]

"Solo Saga, at your service." the pegasus responded with a bit of mirth, "Writer, journalist, and long time purveyor of the finest snark throughout all the many lands."
"But seriously, it's just Solo." she stretched out a bit on the bed, her tail gently moving back into place as she relaxed. "And Percival, stop staring at my flank."
"You're not even looking at me."
"Percy, I'm a mare. We have ways of knowing."
"Oh really now?"
"Yes, really. We do."
"Sooooooo..."
"What are you implying, and recognize just how hard I will punch you if you say something stupid."
"Oh, nothing. Nothing. Nothing at all. Please don't hurt me. I wasn't implying anything."
"Good boy."

[Harmony + Ician]
((Yes, that means Ician can walk up now, if you so desire))

"I like the snow. Give me snow, some nice hot cocoa, and a place without worries anyday. I will build all the snowmen I can and get back some of my colthood. Ah, but what I'd do for simpler times and simpler places." Alazar replied to the younger mare, a warm smile growing across his face at the thought. That was not the kind of smile that went with that face. It was too happy and innocent to belong on that face.
"Look, you're a pretty young lass, I know, but, maybe you should just try to be happy. No need to listen to some old fogey like myself go on and on about the bad things in life, alright?"

[Final Wave]

Grey Matter did not, in fact, respond very positively to Lixir's little teasing. It probably had something to do with the whole "recognizing someone out of the history books and being completely straightforward with it" thing. Or perhaps the "I know who you are and what you did" angle.
Maybe it was "I'm a kinky sex beast and I want to hear about all those handsome colts and pretty fillies you slaughtered while we fuck each other."
That might have been why Grey quite forcefully backed away from the obviously insane mare and stared her straight in the eye, horn ever so slightly lit, but not quite preparing any sort of spell. Just ready to do so at a moment's notice.
"Who are you, how do you know who I am, and who the hell are you working for." the threat came with just a bit of spite, as if this sudden but inevitable betrayal had wounded him already. Perhaps trust wasn't something one came to very easily when one was always on the run from the proper authorities.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Is Utopia    

Back to top Go down

Paradise Is Utopia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next