A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

The Land of Fire and Iron

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:33 am

Sweeps had heard a yell and turned. He had simply been walking about town, her pitchfork and broom strapped onto her side horizontally, her limp wing hanging over it. He had been looking around and for the most part relaxing, something that didn't always come easy in this world. She had heard a scream of distress, something about Huffs or did they say busts... Someone had too much to drink. Sweeps chucled at that one, that was until the authorities came in. They didn't exactly... like griffons. Shrinking away for the moment. Mixing into the crowd for a time as the bar crowd was sent out of the building and into the street, Sweeps was quick to join them, slowly slinking in as if she had been with them the whole time. Turning to the large diamond dog and... Well he was unsure of what he was looking at. He'd never seen one, but it was quite obviously a female, "Oi Lassy wha' in tha name o' tartarus happened here? You a' look like tartarus decided to bitch slap zome random ol' crowd."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharp

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Ampera had planned on stopping by the bar for a few hours of self pity and forgetting, the milky-white unicorn---well, she would be milky white… were it not for the fact she lived in a god forsaken wasteland. Anyways, the not-so-milky-white unicorn had planned on getting wasted. A simple plan, right? Go to a bar… buy one or two drinks… and consume. Simple, right? Wrong. The bucking wasteland had plans of its own. Namely in the form of screaming, gun shots, and husks.  From her position outside the bar she could see very little, but the tell-tale cracking of gunshots and screaming were enough for her to paint a picture in her head. Well. That and the fact some sort of… pony (The equine nature of that creature was still being questioned by Ampera.) had gone outside and warned the crowd who had naturally gathered around the tavern about them. “Are you bucking kidding me?” Ampera groaned to herself. “Husks? Are you serious? I don’t----” Ampera was interrupted by the city guard’s shoving the crowd over and unleashing of a swarm of led into the bar.  

Witnessing the swarm purify the bar, Ampera could really only do one thing. Raise her hoof towards the tavern, and whimper “M-m-my Booze!” with a look on her face that could only be described as despair.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:00 am

"Ay, damn shame," Verde agrees. "Took ages ta brew some white desert lightnin'. Good cause... made the buckers burn. An' c'mon Dia darl... fess up ta no mind for details with one of those pretties. Ya want one an' I wager ya don't mind the thought of some tail mountin' ya ta work the pumps, yah?" She grins widely at Diamond, her eyes twinkling as the other mare pulls back from her. She doesn't even really look at the hand, but cheerfully places her hoof in it. "Faith then, an ya can call me Verde Tin or 'Day' if it taxes ya."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:01 am

As the cleanup crew continued spraying down the new corpses of both Husk and pony, several of the guards began to leave the area to return to their positions. Some of them gloating to each other about well aimed shots or kills they thought they earned while others simply walked off without a word and looking more grim than when they'd arrived. A few of the armed and armored ponies remained though, one of which in a black, more innate version of the uniform, and sporting a large rifle with a ring of barrels instead of the regular just one was just exiting the building and beginning to move towards the group while reloading and setting the weapon on his back.

While the captain began making his way over, Krix found his attention drawn down to the discordian who'd just asked if she could accompany him. It wasn't something Krix had actually been expecting and as such he'd been somewhat surprised, a fact noticeable by the arching of his one good eye. Though it was short lived as Krix shrugged and nodded before looking back to the sounds of approaching clanking metal. Glancing down, Krix's gaze fell on Sweeps with a growl and he lifted in free paw with a point to the bar. "Husks," Krix said plainly until he noticed additional sounds of clanking metal approaching him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cleaner who'd been intercepted by Kings grunted at the barrage of questions that'd come from the stallions mouth. "No, I don't know you, and no, you can't get a sample, this is a special compound made SPECIFICALLY for extinguishing Husk's and Husk den's. The shit's acidic, flammable, poisonous, and damned hard to make, so get back before you get some on you and we have to amputate the limb," the cleaner warned while practically making a shooing motion towards Kings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off to the slide slightly, the last remaining slaver was left starring agape at what he'd just been told by both the slave and the pony who'd wanted to buy it. As they exited though, the slaver scrambled to his hooves and chased after Heart, catching up just a bit outside the bar. "Uh-uh, w-wait, you," he started with his eyes blinking back into some focus. "Y-you wanted to buy him right? Then now, here, let's make the trade. Give me..... seven pounds of the high quality scrap, or, or maybe something of equal value, and he's all yours, you won't find a better deal than that," the slaver said through pleading but gritted teeth.

Before Heart would get a chance to reply though, another voice spoke up near him, and this one much more feminine. "Excuse me, I can take him if it's alright," spoke the waitress who'd been trying to tend to Golden back in the bar. "I've got some practice with medicine and tending to wounds, the knowledge always helped when one of the patrons got a little... violent," she explained while moving to Golden's form and hooking a hoof around Golden's body to haul him up onto her back when Heart released his telekinetic grasp.

"Hey, get lost you bitch," the slaver spoke up suddenly and angrily. "We're conducting business here," he continued while returning the glare he'd earned from her.

"Shut your damn trap you spineless prick," she rebutted with a sudden fieriness. The remark left the Slaver grumbling, but he just returned his gaze to Heart while waiting for a response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The black coated guard captain tsk'd at the display of Ampera as she cried for the lost alcohol. "I wouldn't fret ya drunk, this place will be out for a day, but I wouldn't give it two more before someone else's moved in and set things back up," he said as members of the cleanup crew fled the now burning building, waiting for the flames to die down before returning for a second sweep. One couldn't be too careful with Husks after all given their capabilities, so they hung around fairly close to the building with the guards hanging close to them.

The captain however strode with purpose in Krix's general direction and when he reached the edge of the roughly marked road, the pony took the blunderbuss off his back and tossed the weapon at Krix who caught the weapon with one paw only to look questioningly at it and the captain briefly in search of explanation. "For ya werk," the guard proclaimed before shifting about some to break out a small rolled object that was soon lighted and smoking. After a long draw, he spoke again and this time loud enough for everypony in the nearby vicinity to hear. "Ya all seem able to handle yourselves well enough in a fight. I'm about to send out a small contingent to go check out a possible spot where these fucking Husks came from, thought the lot of you might be willing to tag along for some compensation," he said with a shrug while awaiting a response from the collection.

Krix eyed the guard wearily, and then looked towards the still burning bar. "My, bag?" Krix asked and was shortly tossed his bag of scrap metal and survival necessities by another guard. With everything he had, and a new gun that he had only knew the bare minimum about, Krix took a moment to regard the captain's proposal. Then he shrugged, and looked to the others to see their reactions. If at least a couple accepted, Krix would nod to join in the venture as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((OOC: just to clarify, this post was made partially as the CO-GM to this game, which should explain why I'm controlling some NPC's in the post. Also, just to clarify, Krix getting the gun ISN'T me playing favoritism towards my own OC, it was Quad's intention.))

Last edited by Zen on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:39 am

"Well.....I really wouldn't mind being mounted by a nice piece of tail...not at all..." Diamond's fingers circled around Verde's hoof, and gave it a good shake. "Well met, Verde. Always a pleasure to meet a friendly face in the wasteland nowadays. Hopefully, we never run into that shit ever again." She looked over, seeing the blunderbuss tossed to Krix. She sighed, but then heard the wailing of what looked to be an emaciated mare at the fact that the bar was now shot up. She saw Krix looking at them, and turned back to Verde. "Well then, now that that's over, do you want to go with them? Maybe have a little adventure and get some scrap, or should we find a private place to get to know each other better?"

Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:05 am

The slaver had caught up to him and would only be met with one kind of reaction, which was Heartstring magically pulling at his tail to forcefully move him specifically at least five feet away from him. After that, he would release his tail and then stare at the desperate slaver. After what had occurred and even being shot the slaver still had the nerve to try and sell the slave. Heartstring would only stare to ponder it for a moment until another voice had startled him, and just like with the slaver he would look to this new voice, activate his magic and force that one away at least five feet.

He wasn't too fond of thing's being close to him. He always kept a precise distance from people. He liked that distance, that distance ment safety to him. He would look between the two and sigh, he had released his magical grasp onto the unconscious pony. His eyes shifted to the waitress who began to carry the pony and then to the slaver, who was quite rude, he felt like his words earlier didn't even get through to the slaver. Heartstring's only response to either of them was simply this. "Get near me again, and you will die." After that he would turn away from both of them and walk over to the area where the the Guard captain was. Heartstring mumbled to him as if he were speaking to another. "That was a bit harsh, don't you think...yeah, maybe...well can't allow for others to think i'm nice. yes, yes, i know. I know. In the waste's only the strong survive, but....yes, right, i'm sorry..." he mumbled as he lowered his head and arrived to the area the Guard Captain was just in time to hear what he had to say about going to where the husk's were originally from.

Heartstring could only frown, they barely just survived what they just went through now, and now they want us to go to where there is more. A evident sigh was expressed as he shook his head. "Is this all the reason why you wanted us to meet outside? Because if so, I'm going to take my leave, I'm not entirely fond of having to run into husk's on purpose." He would of course await for a response before he would start to head out. His decision for this wasn't really based on his distaste for the husks, but rather the impulsive reactions that he had witnessed that had put him off.

The look on his face was still a serious look, it barely changed much since he had killed that last slaver, though he wasn't regretting his actions, but more so he was cooling down. The adrenaline still pumping in his blood and making his senses feel extra sharp, which was slightly bothersome to an extent to him, but at least things felt lighter when he was like this. Maybe his field was stronger in this state? Maybe it was just a side effect from all the pumping adrenaline, whatever the reason he wasn't entirely sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:16 am

Verde eyes her actual functional hand with definite interest. "Hydraulic, highly articulated, and I think it's magitech as well," she comments, her language unusually normal and her accent diminished enough that it's barely there. "How'd you find a surgeon who could do this kind of work out here in the wastelands anyway? More than that, how'd you pay them? It'd require your own weight in best-quality scrap or perhaps professionally-finished work, at least to the degree that I can see." Verde pointedly ignored the wailing mare but Diamond's question seemed to bring her back to herself. "Well, dun see why better knowing is exclusive mutually with huntin' fucking husks," she responded. "Though there ain't much to know. Dusted, ran afoul of mates, left 'em and came here, found husks sometimes. But what 'bout you, oddity? Talk about the leg, and hit some guards for scrap pay.. I like it, yeah? You?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:58 pm

Love and survive...that was certainly interesting. It resonated with him a little. Harun walked slowly behind the slaver as he caught up with Heartstring, glad he'd taken the advice. The deal he offered made his face tense up in a frown, unsure what to think of it. The reaction to this offer, and to the innocent mare made Harun come to the conclusion Heartstring may be a little unhinged or something of that ilk, because he certainly wasn't that cold when he spoke a moment ago ...Maybe that lack of sale was the best. Consistency was something he’d prefer. Knowing where he stood, or knelt with a pony was a big deal. His face softened as he gave the slaver a questioning look, as if asking what was next. They couldn't go with guards, they had no weapons. He could think of a few more things, but he was not the one in charge. The way Harun stood, it showcased that he was a lot better off for being shaken up by the husk attack. He was stood at his full height, was no longer breathing with his shoulders, and his eyes were a much greater sight to look upon. No longer were they heavy, but awake and focused. He was hurt and exhausted, but no longer disheartened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:28 am

Diamond chuckled as Verde asked the question. "For the arm? Got it off a dome refugee who hadn't woken up yet. Judging by the smell of blood on him and some of his matted fur, he was a murderer who got caught and thrown out. About the surgeon, well, he owed me one for saving his life from his spot near a dome. Turns out he was a surgeon in there who knew too much. I come in down a foreleg with a robotic arm and some good quality scrap, and he does it. Of course, I also had to provide him with some other services for the physical therapy required for syncing the damn thing. It's a good thing he's quite the eye candy." She blushed a tad bit, scratching the back of her neck with her artificial arm. 

"Now, if we're dispensing life stories here, um...." She glanced around at the other ponies, then back to Verde. "Yeah, not telling it all in a public place. It'll get me sold off for sure. Abridged, I was raised by my mother, who was a duster. By raised, I mean used as bait. And then I killed a griffon when I was four and she dumped me at a waystation. This waystation actually....and then I began as a scavenger, became 16 and started doing other things to double my income. I think I'm 20 by now......"

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:26 am

Verde looks genuinely interested as Diamond relates the brief summary of how she got the leg. "So ye ripped it off some livin' sort, oy oddity... Diamond, mean? Cold, precious, an' no mistake." She pauses to consider it. "I approve, honest. Smart, scavenging from some still breathin', though if you start lookin' cross at me that way, we're gonna have... difficulties, you and I. Ya ain't want that we should have difficulties, Miz Diamond, promise ya."

She eyes Diamond for several moments when she alludes to turning tricks for services rendered before her expression becomes thoughtfully pensive. "So yer a trick-turner, huh?" She looks curiously at her. "How does that work, exactly? I mean, there's no mistake, you're exotic and highly attractive, but the sheer number of venereal afflictions out this way makes it unthinkable to me to sell my sex to anypony that has the chinyen to rub together. Not that it wouldn't be highly enjoyable, of course, but the inevitability of an intimate infection has a deleterious effect on the potential enjoyment, at least for me." She grins widely. "Still, all told, fantastic way to close the gaps."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:48 am

Damn.  It was a dangerous liquid.  Now Kings really wanted a sample.  Ah well.  They weren't going to press the issue.  They would lose track of the other research.  They turned away from the sprayers.  Looked around and tried to pick someone to study first.  Seemed they had the choice of slave, dog, thing, gunmare, prosthetic, magic user- that's it.  Heartstring.

Kings chose to watch a bit first.  See how magic user treated others.  Seemed to be some blatant magic use.  So a blatant magic user.  Hmm.  Kings supposed it wasn't the most noticable thing in the room.  That was probably the thing-dog interactions.  Back to magic user.  How open would he be about magics?  How did he get magic?  Kings nodded to themself.  Game was on.  Tactics same as introduction. Big smile.  Inquisitive head tilt.  Follow out door.

Kings would approach Heartstring carefully.  They'd noticed the personal space thing.  They would ignore it.  Came up right next to magic user.  Big smile.  Inquisitive head tilt.  Oblivious.  "So you can use magic?  Where'd you learn to do that?"  A giggle.  "Do you think I could learn it?  Psychokinetic movements would be super useful."  A pout.  "Hooves are bad for opening bottles."  The whole time, they watched and noted every reaction magic user had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Heartstring, while he had waited for a response from the Guard Captain, had taken notice of Kings and his clinking bottles that made its way closer to him. Heartstring eyed him and he stepped further away from Kings as Kings had gotten closer. His only response was a frown. "Keep your distance." was his only response as he shut down Kings advances and completely ignored answering his questions. Heartstring's ears would lower under his hood as he was still wearing his hooded cloak this entire time.

Heartstring wasn't fond of others walking up to him so nonchalantly, especially bombarding with question's about him. It did sit right with him and made his questions the others intentions. He prefered to be the one to approach others as he had personally deemed that a 'safer' way of talking, rather than the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:43 am

Ampera took offense to the guard’s comment. She wasn’t a drunk! Drunks had problems. She didn’t. She was perfectly in control of her drinking… right? Yeah. No reason to doubt that, plus… if he’d done what she had… he’d be a drunk too. Wait! Damn it. Ampera Bandiix Charge was not a drunk.

With that bit of identity crisis over with, Ampera began to think about how to spend the next two or so days. On one hoof, she had enough scrap to last her a little while. On the other, ‘a little while’ expired quickly, as would her scrap reserves if she sat around on her rear all day… Aha! The guard! Maybe the city guard had jobs lying around for a skilled gunmare such as herself.

After one final longing glance at the burning pub, Ampera did indeed follow on the aforementioned thought-process. Approaching the guard in time to catch the tail-end of his request, specifically the bit about compensation. “I’ll do it!” she said.

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:04 am

Veil nods, smiling internally at Krix's affirmation. "Thank you." She sates, her voice a monotone at the moment. Meanwhile, she takes in the sprawling scene around her. So muych damage, in but a few moments. It required a moment of pause. She ignored the many, many glances and inquiries about what the hell she was. Such questions she had heard far more than she would ever wish to while the damned Dusters were-!

Veil lets out a sigh, before slinking over to Krix's side. She would let him lead for now, if only to avoid annoyances. That shield would certainly come in handy, after all. Perhaps she could finally barter scrap without being sold into slavery. Maybe get a rifle. the bow was nice, but it lacked range. Regardless, she is far more content with her lot in life now then previously. She gives Krix a warm smile, before quickly schooling her features as the dog is greeted by others.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:25 am

As Krix scans the crowd, his ears twitching about to the conversations carrying on around him he quietly contemplates the guard's question. A glance down at Veil confirmed her traveling with him and with that out of the way, the second concern became slightly more prevalent, and that was the amount of available scrap he had on him. Pulling lightly on the bag showed that while it was about half full, Krix knew that more than just scrap was inside and what scrap was in there was also of a fairly low quality given the reaction of the shop keep and based off his own past experiences.

So with the word of compensation being offered, Krix gave a slow nod to the guards proposition. "Krix, hunt," he said with the same gravelly voice that had made it's sparse few appearances so far. He would willing go on the hunt for these Husks, they presented not only a danger to him, but one of the places he liked to trade at and it would be exceedingly detrimental for him to show up some later date to trade only to find the town completely infested. And he'd already seen how well a large flat surface, like his own shield, was against such a creature, even if it was a bit more risky to get so close.

Then a thought occurred, if he could just get some stone or rock, Krix could throw that at them as a nice heavy blunt object, maybe even work it into something a little more dangerous with a bit of carving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:21 pm

The now ex-slaver looked at heartstring perplexed but then understanding. “Ah, so your one of dem crazy ponies. Fine whatever. Ah’m offerin you the finest deal there is for a slave. What Ah’m asking is half of what a shit slave would normally cost. Ah just want out, there’s no reason for me to continue with dis job now. So you either take this fucker now, or Ah sell to somepony else, ya hear.” The boss looked at heartstring with a cold determination as any good business pony would, however the mournful presence could still be seen behind this look.

The guard captain, on the other hoof, just looked plain pissed off. This was certainly an odd bunch, and the captain didn’t like odd because odd made things complicated and when things got complicated he’d rather just shoot the problem than have to deal with it. He dragged a hoof across his face as he made an exasperated sigh. He addressed heartstring first. “You must have brain damage or something if you really think I’d trust you lot with our equipment. Fuck no I don’t want you goin down into those mines with our chemical sprayers. We’re sendin a contingent of guards down there with them. Im askin you if you want to go and watch topside while the sprayers sterilize the mines so that way none of us got to work overtime over there. Aint like you ponies experts at killin husks just cuz you survived an attack, hell it even looked like you lot would’a died if we hadn’t shown up. Look we are willing to part with 2 small bottles of the chemical we use in the spray if you do this. If not then get the fuck out of my Way Station, I don’t like the look of you lot and I want you gone as soon as possible, we’ll give you enough supplies to get to the nearest way station but that’s it.” The guard spat at the ground in the groups direction solidifying his distaste for them.

In truth the guard was actually scared. They have never had a breach of security this bad before. While true they may not have done a good job of it, if this group hadn’t been there it is likely that this entire Way Station could have been killed. He didn’t like being reminded of that and just looking at them reminded him of how they were technically at their mercy only a few moments ago.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the delay in posting, getting settled into college again. I know this was a shorter post but theres some new info regarding gameplay mechanics I need to dish out. There is now carrying capacity being added to the game, I know this should have been done at the beginning, but since this just got figured out we are doing it now instead.
Each player starts with a single bag with a carrying capacity of 50 lbs total worth of stuff while their actual carrying weight will be different. The monetary system will be done in lbs of metal and the quality of said metal. There are three scrap metal qualities: Poor/Shit quality, Decent quality, and Fine quality. The ratio of the value of these metals is as such:
10 lbs of poor metal is equal to 1 lb of decent quality
5 lbs of decent quality is equal to 1 lb of fine quality
Other more rare metals will be introduced later in the game and we will worry about that then but till then this is what we got.
Now for each characters current load:
Zen- Krix has a current carrying capacity of 250 lbs, his shield weighs 100 lbs, he currently has 20 lbs of poor quality metal and 20 lbs of decent quality metal. There is also 10 more lbs of food and water in the bag for traveling. 150/250

Heartstring- All metal objects have 25% reduced weight for your total carrying weight. Your total carrying capacity is 125 lbs. You have 10 lbs of poor quality metal 25 lbs of decent quality metal and 5 lbs of fine quality metal. You also have 10 lbs of food and water. The rifle-spear weighs 24 lbs and the machete weighs 4 lbs. 61/125

Chowatron- Your carrying weight is 175 lbs. You have 1 Steam pistol which weighs 6 lbs. You are also missing your travel bag. 6/175

Dualthrone- Verde has a carrying weight of 110 lbs. You have 35 lbs of poor quality metal and 5 lbs of decent quality metal with, 10 lbs of food and water. The rifle weighs 16 lbs, the pistol weighs 6 lbs, and the combat barding weighs 10 lbs. You also have a separate smaller bag for all your mechanic equipment and such which I will come up with a weight for later. Currently 82/110

LorthalisofCrows- Your carrying weight is 125 lbs. You currently have 10 lbs of poor quality metal 10 lbs of decent quality metal and 4 lbs of good quality metal and 15 lbs of food and water. You have 15 metal arrows 0.5 lbs each, a metal short bow which is 5 lbs, a bone saw which is 2 lbs, and another 5 lbs of various medical equipment that I have forgotten what it was.

Sharp- You have a carrying capacity of 80 lbs. You have 5 lbs of poor quality metal 20 decent quality metal and 10 fine quality metal, as well as 10 lbs of food and water. You also have an ammo pouch with 30 ball shot and 10 rifle shot. A fine quality Repeater rifle with 4 shot capacity which weighs 14 lbs as well as leather armor that weighs 8 lbs and 2 lb robes. 59/80

Wiserodin- You have a carrying capacity of 100 lbs, however when you are over encumbered rather than being hindered by the weight you instead begin to lose health as the surgery scars on your arm open back up. You have 10 lbs of poor metal 10 lbs of decent metal and 5 lbs of fine metal, along with 10 lbs of food and water. Your crossbow is 8 lbs and has 10 bolts each 0.5 lbs. Your shiv is considered scrap metal. 48/100

Notebook- Your carrying weight is 150 lbs. you have 10 lbs of poor quality metal and 15 lbs of decent quality metal, along with 10 lbs of food and water. Your broom weighs 5 lbs and your pitch fork weighs 8 lbs. 48/150

Pseudologia Fantastica- Your carrying capacity is 100 lbs. You have 15 lbs of poor quality metal, 15 lbs of decent quality metal, as well as 10 lbs of food and water and 10 lbs of various chemicals and bottles. 50/100

Okay let me know if any of you have any problems with any of what I have here or if I forgot something and whatnot. You can either contact me on skype or pm me on here if you need me to change anything. I came up with all this for everyone all at once and Im sure ive made a few mistakes, so let me know what they are.

P.S. After witnessing the effectiveness of Krix’s shield, all mechanic class characters can now make stone weaponry. However Stone weaponry is generally too heavy for anyone but krix to use. Too make Stone weaponry you will need krix’s help as he’s the only one who has the diamond dog ability to cut and shape the stone. Be as creative as you wish but a stone gun wouldn’t work so don’t bother with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:48 am

Heartstring would arch a brow and stare at the guard Captain. He would blink and then tilt his head. "What sort of question are you answering? I never asked whether you trusted us or not to eliminate the husks. I only asked if this was the only thing you wanted to ask of us. I do not desire to impede you any further, you seem to have yourself a fair amount of bodies here, I will take my leave. Do take care and be safe." He would bow his head lightly to the Guard Captain. Heartstring was far from stupid, he could tell something bothered the Guard Captain given the fact that the guard captain had actually suddenly snapped on him, especially when the Guard Captain didn't even bother answering Heartstring and jumped onto a different question that Heartstring never asked him. Heartstring never inquired about the chemicals, it was others, so why ever the reason was the Captain's response directed at him mostly, was beyond his understanding.

He looked over at the Slaver. "Insulting your customer is never a good idea." He advised the Slaver and bowed his head. "But you appear desperate enough then." Heartstring's horn would very faintly glow and his saddle bag would open up and metal would float out of his bag in a specific amount. He'd stare at it and then gaze at the slaver, given him the equivalent of what he had asked for in metal and then putting it in front of him. "Unchain him, I have to take my leave now."
Back to top Go down
The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:12 am

Hearing the large Lug respond instead of the Eye-catching one Sweeps nodded, the Eye-catching one moving to Lug's other side. Away from where they had been standing before moving away from the strange pair. Turning in time to see a... They had learned these race names a long time ago, why did the not give the attentive n the should have to learning them? Simply put, Sweeps didn't have the best of memories. She was quick and rather agile, but he lacked major intellegence. Turnig to see the Guard Captain and what appeared to be a slaver Sweeps groaned. He had a deep hatred for the line of work that pony did. It made no sense to sell others when When only so many trully survived in this... wasteland? Was that the correct name? Sweeps gave no more thought to it, waiting in place to see what would happen, speaking out loud to themselves, "Disgustin' fellow that one. Can't stand them lads sellin' others like dat. Down-right disrespectful and improper to do to survivors. He looks like he's on thin though, so I think I may be clear of dat nasty little prick," she said in a irritated, quiet voice. Tone quickly changing as he focused on another pony. The horny one, all up and lifting shit with his mind voodoo. Stuff was crazy, magic they called it. Seemed like a gift from those who were crawled from the pit of Tartarus', but they weren't about to say this, they could use voodoo all day if they wanted to, that was fine. Sweeps had common sense, and that said sense was debating whether it both existed, and whether or not to approach. It chose to approach, Sweeps did as their instinct told them too.  Approaching the Tall-Horn with a sense of caution, he had that slave now... maybe he was freeing the kid. That was the hope in her mind, but it was only a chance, until the act was accomplished. Waiting for the more important conversations to end, standing five to six yards away. Standing in wait.

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:38 pm

Diamond chuckled at Verde. "I don't scavenge from a fellow scavenger. Against the code and all that good toss. Since you're even friendly to me and willing to buy me a drink on first glance, I'm even willing to share scavenge with ya. Good lord, I'm gonna be reliving my younger years of going with a regular group... Damn I miss them. Joined a duster group when I was 12 and never saw 'em again." She had a small nostalgia trip while Verde mentioned trick turning and complemented her. "Well, there's a damn good reason I'm not a ragged, disease ridden mess. And that's what'd get me sold off. Again, can't really tell ya." She made a shrugging gesture, but then overheard the guard captain mentioning staying topside for the job, but then heard the 'get the fuck out of my waystation' and refrained from shooting the stallion between the eyes with her crossbow. "No way that fucker can kick me out, I fucking live here. I was fucking raised here. Goddammit." She turned towards Verde. "Should we just stay topside while those guys clear the mines? Sounds simple enough."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:26 pm

Harun was a little pleased with the inadvertent compliment that he was not a low quality of slave. It was not the best thing to be recognised for, but his glass was always half full.  He was also glad that the slaver was giving it all up, though slaving was certainly more honest than other ways to make ends meet ponies fell back upon. Taking the lesser evils wasn’t the same as doing something truly straight, but it was not to be condemned.

"Thank you, master," he said to Heartstring, sounding polite and thankful as he waited to be freed from his bondage. He was not going to move any closer to him, not until he started to move. He had taken in the whole distance thing. It was odd, but if that was the only eccentricity he had to put up with then they could make this work out fine, depending on what he wanted a slave for anyway. It seemed he was headed back out into the world proper which meant he wasn't going to have time to get acquainted with the others, who seemed to be an inserting ensemble. Surely he get along with one or two of them at the least. Friends were not something he had aplenty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:56 pm

Krix continued to quietly watch and listen quietly as the guard explained job details and sort of insult the group. Nothing the big dog wasn't fairly used to by this point, and at least this place hadn't decided to chase his bulky hide right out of the way station at the start. So as the guard captain finished his offer, Krix looked about and listened to what was said, but didn't wait long before glancing down at Veil and nodding his head towards the side. Then Krix walked over closer to the guard and out of the street, showing he was ready to go.

Last edited by Zen on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:35 pm

Veil listens carefully to the guard, mildly offended by the insult, but it was pretty common all the same. Granted, she heard more shouts of what a great prize she'd be on the slave market, and how much scrap she was going for, so it wasn't a big surprise. Seeing Krix's gesture she follows the diamond Dog while keeping wary eyes on both the street behind them and the guard they were speaking with.
While her bow hasn't be unslung yet, she can have it down and drawn at a moments notice. Veil makes a mental note to ask Krix about helping her get a rifle and some ammo later.

"I'm on my way Sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:27 am

Verde considers Diamond thoughtfully. "Ya gots a code oddity? Love that, make ya easy, easier than a few scrap for nice flanks and sex. Easy makes me happy pony, happy pony makes me easy, and both are better than alternatives, ya see?" She smiles a moment--until Diamond brings up her old group. At this point, Verde's expression becomes pinched and displeased. "Glad ya had easy, Mondy. Mum got bucked up with me, punched me out, an' I start with a bunch of psychos that love the raiding and killing and wicked instead of just making a living at it." Her speech smooths into a much clearer accent as she talks, and it's starting to seem like the strange and lazy way of talking is something she does deliberately and requires some degree of concentration to do. "I waited until the inevitable happened, my mom and my sponsor getting killed in a firefight, and then I took an unusually good weapon, all that I knew of scrap and engineering, and got my plot out. I'm sure that somewhere out there, the dusters I ditched want to carve my plot off my flanks and use it as a trophy and fucktoy. Well, buck 'em, buck 'em hard and without lube, because I'll swallow a live husk and take them before I let them have a prize. You can be sure of that, Diamond, and keep it in mind if we end up being more than casual acquaintances." She sighs. "But yes, I think it a wise use of time to remain here and get some of that chemical as a reward. Low risk, and more time to be friends if friend you wish."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Diamond flinched as Verde went on. "I.....I didn't realize.....I thought a g-group o-of fillies and c-colts leaving the waystation a-armed with only f-four shivs b-between us was dangerous. F-fuck.....I never th-thought I'd m-meet a former d-duster." Her stutter began to come back with a vengeance, permeating and distorting her speech. The adrenalin wore off, causing her shakes to come back as well. She did something to calm herself, taking the bolt out of her crossbow and putting it back in the quiver, then disarmed the crossbow, making sure there was no tension left on the wire. After calming herself down, she exhaled heavily. "I need friends, oh do I need friends. Let's go with the Diamond dog over there, do this quick job, and I'll make you a happy pony afterwards. Sound good?"

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:08 pm

"Well, now you have." Verde smirks a little and watches Diamond get the shake, stutter, and go through a process of trying to calm down. The moment she turns her head back from putting her crossbow away, Verde leans up and kisses her forehead. "I'm glad you need friends because I need friends too, Diamond. A quick job and we can do whatever suits us, whether that's more intimate business or just collaborating on our mutual love of machines and scrap." She looks curiously at the other mare as they head over to the diamond dog to start the job. "So a group of fillies and colts leaving the waystation with just four shivs, huh? Sounds like the sort of stupid thing young ones do..." She sighs. "Wish I'd have a chance to be stupid when I was young but stupid is dead when you're a Duster, and Mom didn't let me be stupid. 'Use your brain Verde', she always said. 'When you use your brain, you've using the only weapon no one can take away from you and use against you. Make your brain better and you'll be a hard kill, maybe the hardest kill. Smart is power and power is life and life is what matters.' I had a smart mom, a really smart mom, but smart doesn't deflect bullets."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    

Back to top Go down

The Land of Fire and Iron
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next