A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

The Land of Fire and Iron

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Harun was taken by surprise, paying attention to his surrounding fully once again after hearing the word merchandise, which was not a great thing to be referred to as, but it was all subject to change. As the orders for drinks were given and he settled down on the floor, not by choice, he found himself a little surprised.  The slavers were actually getting him something to drink? He wouldn't touch it, he'd waste their money. They'd eventually see how little one could care for their body when there was such a thing as honor. He wasn't going to accept favor. Perhaps it was a stupid sentiment, but it was the only form of agency he really had. He smiled softly at the mare when she looked at him, as well as a confidence in his eyes. It was nice to see a pony that was concerned, but he didn't need or want the pity. That was because he was just holding out and waiting.

Harun was suddenly a little more alert when he heard the mare being grabbed and forced to sit with the group. She must have been scared, as they were not exactly polite and pleasant company. Maybe there just a chance they would be harmless towards her, but given that they'd been so rough on him it was his turn to give the mare a pitiful look of his own from his place on the floor. He wanted to speak up, but he still didn't want them to hear him speak. He just growled his discontent out as best he could, though it was unlikely they'd hear him. They were holding up the whole tavern in one way or another. Stifling service or drawing attention. He wondered about the two that had inquired about him, they had at least some chance of stopping it. He couldn't vouch for some of their habits, but he trusted himself to be able to judge character somewhat decently, even if he tended towards thinking of people as better than they were.

Harun's ears heard another commotion coming through another table. The mare did not seem to be appreciated all that much. He wasn't sure why he would want to drink recreationally, but if he ever did he figured he would much rather do it alone. Taverns were rowdy, though it seemed especially true right now. Something was going to happen, he felt near sure of it. Trouble at least may provide an interesting new set of circumstances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Krix at least seemed to be listening intently as Veil talked, a fact reinforced when he growled at the mention of a duster tribe. His eyes narrowed and the grip he had on Veil began to tighten before she asked her return question, which seemed to snap the dog out of whatever had come over him as the grip slackened back to what it'd been before Krix had asked his question. Krix's mind recited what had been said and he found that part of her being a slave to the duster tribe was the main reason he hadn't crushed the discordian and broke her back across his right then and there. Considering the question, Krix turned his one eyed gaze back towards the freakishly tall unicorn who was still at the alleyway and after a moment of staring, slowly shook his head from side to side to wordlessly say 'no'.

Krix's gaze then shifted back to Veil as he looked at her more, or at least as much of her as he could considering part of her body would practically be wrapped around his back. "What, you, Veal?" he forced out after a moment more of the studying and then added, "No, Run?"

Last edited by Zen on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Had to make sure I'm naming who I'm addressing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:04 pm

The group of slavers all turned to the commotion the golden Pegasus had made glaring in his direction. The glares were quickly interrupted by the sound of metal rapping against concrete. The Bartender was brandishing a large steam powered Blunder Bust and banging it against the bar to get the slaver’s attention. “Oi! You know the rules boys, yah can come back tonight if yah want that. Now let mah waitress go or Ah’ll charge double on everything ah got other customers besides you bunch.” With frustrated grumbles Gun Smoke let the waitress go to attend to the other customers. The bartender yelled at her as she made her way back to the bar to retrieve Golden’s drink. “Now stop muckin about, girl. Yah got customers tah attend to.”

The slavers deprived of their entertainment kept angry eyes on the golden stallion, throwing blame his way whether it was intentional or not. The mare came over to the table and replaced the cup Golden had dropped, giving him a nervous smile as she did so, also unsure if his fit was intentional or not. It was then that Gun Smoke notice Harun’s refusal to drink the water provided for him. “Oi! Whats this den? Yah don’t appreciate our generosity yah sorry fuck?! Eh?” Smoke then kicked Harun in the face.

“Not in the face Smoke. He’s gotta stay pretty until we can seal a proper trade deal. Hit ‘im where it won’t show on inspection, ya moron.” The boss called out after chugging down a fourth of his drink. “Ya better drink up, boy. Can’t have you passing out when we sign you over, eh? The better yah look the cushier the job yah might receive, so its for yur own good yah see.”

Gun Smoke kicked Harun in the stomach this time as he grumbled at the bosses reprimand. “Do as the boss tells ya, ya shit. We ain’t takin none of this pride shit yur pullin, got it?” He then continued to drain his cup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Harun had plenty of chance to see it coming, and yet no options as for how to react to the kick in the face. He closed his eyes, this time opting to flinch as the hard hoof connected with his face. The momentum of it forced his head to travel further, forcing him to the floor. There was a pretty good chance that would leave a mark that would end up swelling but only time would tell.

He found it amusing how they said it was for his own good, because they had certainly not demonstrated they cared about that at any point. He also found some enjoyment in being said to have a pretty face, but he doubted the sincerity of the comment. Having strong values seemed like a nice concept, but with his head resting against the floor after successive blows it was becoming less so. Of course if he gave now, every time afterwards it would be easier to give in as well. If that was how it was going to be though, that was how it was going to be. He moved his leg to begin pushing himself up only to be greeted with a kick to the stomach, which triggered a rather unsavoury noise as it sounded like something had pushed up his throat. They were lucky the pain was not quite to the level where it became emetic, and even if he did end up throwing up there would be very little in him to actually come out.

He reoriented himself so he was facing the ground instead of on his side, this time managing it with no interruptions and at a slower pace.  He looked at the bowl of water and bowed his head over it, close enough to begin drinking if he decided he wanted to. He thought about his options, two immediately sprung to mind. They could either take that rifle from his back a shoot him or they could let him be. They were the idealistic options, but two rather unlikely outcomes. It was much greater matter of thought to him than it would be to someone else, but his mind was slowly winning over heartwarming sentiments. The one good thing that had happened was the mare was going back about her job, which couldn't have been easy. He had fresh reminders of what abuse was, but it was a different kind to what she may have had to put up with on a more regular basis. It was a job better some at the very least, and he could offer no alternative.  He was beginning to think and feel like he was such a helpless loser that he may as well drink the water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenTouch

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:45 pm

Taking note of the glares they gave him, Golden gave a tired sigh, seeing his diversion did in fact help. It had been difficult to put such harshness on this mare. Returning her look with a refreshing smile to the nervous look she gave him, with a quick extra slip of a bit for her troubles. An idea running through his mind the mare the mare within earshot for a quick moment, " if you wanna help that poor guy, when I ask, prepare us the strongest stuff you got...knock em out" Giving her a nod to make sure she understood before sending her off. His attention now turned toward he abuse of the stallion, he continued to observe, immediatly discovering a hierarchy of the slavers, smoke having listened to the one looking like the boss.

While Haran lay sideways on the floor, he tried to look directly into the stallions eyes with a small but confident nod, he had to at least know someone wasnt going to stand for this.

Golden stood up at that moment walking toward the group, grabbing a chair from the table next to theirs  And swinging right up between their boss and one of others, his words having a small intentional slur to lower their guard. "Bartender let me get a fresh round for these stallions! Well Oi there, I couldn't help but notice that I ruined your bit of fun! Listen here, I just got a little reward from a job a bit back, let me help ya out." Giving a look of disgust at Haran and then looking back up "Besides, maybe in your line of work, you could always use a spot of help" trying to make it very clear he was interested in future work, the whole plan trying to gain some ounce of trust
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:22 pm

Dammit.  Dammit dammit dammit.  This would happen, of course it would happen.  They had spotted Kings, and of course the one to approach wasn't even one of the interesting ones.  Just another unicorn- magic.  The unicorn had used magic.  Now wasn't that interesting?  Kings had heard of magic, but there weren't too many magic users for them to try out.  Now, though... what to try first?  Anger?  Pride?  Confusion? Save their own skin from whatever magic might do?

Kings went with the last one, and spoke rather fast, with a voice of indeterminate accent and gender. Confusion could still be amusing. "Well, sir, I couldn't miss the chase that was happening, and I decided to follow it. Why are you chasing that thing? Are you slavers?" A slight head tilt, show curiosity on the face. Brighten expression. "Oh! Right, silly me. I didn't introduce myself. Doctor Kings, they call me, local chemical tinkererer. Perhaps you've heard of me?" Please say they hadn't heard of them. "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Heartstring's sky blue eyes looked at the small pony, it was a natural given that he was use to looking down all the time given that he was normally much taller than a lot of ponies, so spotting Doctor Kings wasn't much trouble to him. It seemed alert about something, was it upset that it was found? Heartstring only gave a gentle gaze with his eyes, almost playful and curious. His ears twitched slightly upon hearing the voice that the small pony had and kept up with the speed that he spoke with no troubles. He would stop his hooves quite happily and then lift his right one as he would grin in response. "Oh fantastic a Doctor." he had uttered and looked to his side. "This is surely becoming a promising day. We have come across a Doctor, a small one at that. Ahahahaha..."

He would look back towards Doctor King's and then cough to himself while covering his mouth and his tone shifted from being playful to being a little more serious. "Many apologies, yes, introductions, It is exquisite to have met a local chemist, rarely do you ever get the opportunity to meet other mind's that are geared toward's the intellectual pursuits. I am..." he paused and looked left and right as if searching his mind. "yes, that's right. I am Heartstring a mere traveler who is having quite the most amusing of days." He spoke clearly, he spoke calmly for just those moment and then he gave a small chuckle.

"Now that...things, gee, I wish I knew what it was called, it look's like a rather fine specimen if you ask me...well you didn't ask me, i'm just talking on my own at this point. Silly me." he'd start speaking toward's Doctor Kings and then it evolved into him partially talking to him and then right back to Doctor Kings. "I needed to procure her...at least I think that's a her..." he narrowed his eyes and pondered the thought a moment. "I'll possibly need to check later, but anyways. Procurement! Right. I have the most amusing idea's and I required her assistance in along with the canine as well in order to achieve it and increase the probability rating of my survival as well as an added bonus." He would look square at the Doctor. "Would you care to join? The more that join, the better chance I have at succeeding. Plus it'll be quite a laugh to have afterwards." He had offered, but he didn't wait for an answer for too long. "I can't sit around here dilly dallying though, while it was the most serendipitous of moments, I cannot lag behind or else my opportunity to succeed would unceremoniously fail. So pick and choose..." he stated while he was walking away heading out the alleyway. "Come and join for a wonderful time, or stay and hide, for a not so fun time."

He would lightly trot away to catch up with Krix, who to his surprise was actually waiting for him. On his way out of the alleyway, his eyes did catch upon someone who was watching them, but he took it more as curious ponies being curious ponies. Upon getting closer to Krix, Heartstring would grin and wave. "Oh fantastic, you actually waited. Good boy...wait..." he stopped a moment and would eye Krix. "You are a boy, aren't you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:20 am

Veil notes the tightening of the grip with a detached interest, having finally regained some control of her thoughts. Perhaps he was going to kill her. Perhaps not. Regardless, she did not have to worry. It was liberating, in a way. She didn't have to worry, to be paranoid of every twist and turn. There was a great wall of muscle and fur to do it for her. "I am a Discordian, and I doubt I could escape you within city bounds, so no, I will not run."

Having addressed the dog's question, she cast her eyes about for something more interesting. Settling on the giant unicorn and the tiny pony. Even at this distance, the tiny pony was clearly one edge, and the crazy unicorn still crazy. Hmmm..... That might bear looking into, assuming Veil elected to remain with these strange things.  Veil didn't have much nearly experience with psychological ailments as physical ones, hey; that's what experiments were for. 'Setting one up would be difficult however..' mused Veil. Nonetheless, a part of her mind was quietly working on potential variables in the back of her thoughts.

She turned her primary thoughts more towards the tiny pony now. It wasn't exactly easy to hear them at this distance, but she made out the word 'Doctor" from one of them 'Oh, another medical professional! Another with which to share notes and common interests in this blasted waste! Hmm.... Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to him. I wonder if he has a scalpel. I really need a scalpel, the bone-saw just isn't as good for that fine detail stuff.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:05 am

Accepting the answer, Krix lifted the arm that had held Veil and released her from his grip, though his shield arm still had Veil's tail held tightly and securely as he waited for the tall pony to rejoin them. With his free arm Krix then set about shifting the large pack's straps across his shoulders, it jingled with the sounds of pieces of metal shifting about inside.

Then when Heart approached and voiced his question, Krix growled initially but eventually nodded yes. "You, better, talking," Krix went on through his annoyed expression while shifting some more, adjusting his large shield slightly, and making sure he had a firm grasp on Veil's tail. Casting his eyes back towards the tavern bar, Krix spoke one word before moving towards the bar without waiting for an answer, "Ready?"

Last edited by Zen on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:25 am

Diamond flinched backwards as the massive unicorn looked right at her as he passed by. She almost fell on her back, but managed to catch herself and not fall. She saw a smaller pony with the big one, and they were following the Diamond Dog over to the bar. Diamond double checked her crossbow, concealed under her cloak. There was a bolt in there, but it needed to be cocked, so she took it out and turned the winch on the side, preparing the bolt to fire, then slid it back under her cloak. She steadied herself, following them and stopping about five feet behind them. There was no use in hiding, they had detected her anyhow.

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:50 am

The unicorn was eccentric, if not completely insane.  Interesting.  Maybe the magic had an effect on his brain?  Or maybe he learned magix because he was insane.  Cause to effect was always a but tricky, you could never tell with just one subject.  But Kings had been posed a question, and they had to answer it in character.  Bright and naïve.  Let's do this.  Break into grin, start following unicorn.  "Well now, you should have said!  I work great with people.  And an adventure!  I love adventure.  So many new mixtures to make!  None of this tinkering with oil and alcohol.  Maybe we'll find plants!"

As they followed Heartstring, they came to Krix and looked all the way up into the dog's face.  Blind in one eye, strong, whole lot of scars.  Definitely a fighter.  Dangerous enough that Kings would try very hard to avoid angering him.  Until, of course, something was ready that could incapacitate the dog.  And by incapacitate they meant kill.  They had yet to figure out alchemy that didn't kill.  They turned their attention to the thing.  Still no idea what, but apparently a she and also useful for survival.  Hmm.  Back in character.  Hide all the nervous energy from being near this dog that was enormous and it knowing you were there.  Ignore the thing.  Smile for the doggy.  "Hi!  I'm Doctor Kings, local chemical tinkerator, at your service.  I heard there was an adventure?  Also, what's your names?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:05 am

That loud clanking noise of the metallic arm of Diamond was hard to miss, especially when he was near it when she had flinched back. Though he didn't stop to help her, he had other things to attend to and that required more of his attention. Of course however as he was walking over, with Doctor Kings following, he would look down at the small pony and glance back as he was slightly ahead of him in steps. He had reason to look back because of this action. So he had noticed and heard the other one following them. He didn't liked to be followed, especially when they weren't invited. Last time he was followed bad things had happened. He almost didn't make it out alive that last time.

Though he kept his composure, a slight fidgit of his hooves which he stomped on the ground as he had caught up to Krix. Looking right to the dog he would smile and nod his head. "Yes, I'm pretty sure you mean better at talking, oh and don't forget to at in please. It helps." he stated. He pondered the question that Krix stated and shook his head. It was at this point that Doctor Kings had introduced himself to Krix. Heartstring's attention turned towards the louder noise, and he would look back towards the one who had decided to forgo stealth and walk out in the open after them.

"Pardon us, is there something that you need?" He stated looking at the one that was following them. Heartstring arched a brow as he had felt something interesting.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:20 am

"Y-you interrupted my s-sleep. Made quite th-the ruckus. I decided t-to follow you, d-didn't know what y-you lot were o-on about, I'm b-between scavenging runs a-anyhow. I sincerely h-hope you don't m-mind. I'll just s-stay out of th-the way." The unicorn put her goggles over her eyes, and got about two feet closer to the group, but drooped her head a bit.

Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:21 pm

The mare heard the golden stallions proposal but could only answer him with a confused look. They were already drinking the hardest thing this place sells, that’s what they had asked for. It’s not like they had a variety of drinks on tap, it was water, beer, or food. She quickly shook her head no, not wanting to get involved in whatever this stallion was planning before trotting off back to the bar.

As the stallion started to shout something bout helping them out, the four slavers just sat there looking mildly confused. “Oi, boss. Whats he on about?” Gun Smoke asked not liking the way the stallion was trying smooge his way up to them.

“Dunno Smoke but if he’s buyin, than I ain’t denyin. So, boy, what makes you qualified to join us, eh? Slavin ain’t no easy work, ya hear? Every so often you might get lucky with something like his sorry ass, but normally theres a lot more shootin and they be a lot less complacent unless ya break em in. You think you’re up for that line a work, boy?” The boss stared at him through one eye as he downed the rest of his mug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:20 pm

The large dog paused mid stride as he looked down towards Kings, and his eye narrowed as he sniffed deeply. Something 'off' was nearby, and while there were certainly some interesting smells coming from this doctor, or at least his pockets, it wasn't him that made the dog growl anew. "...Krix," he mumbled out a moment or two after his sniff, and before his eye was drawn towards the metallic sounds made the other approaching... thing.

This was what smelled off, he wasn't sure why, but it definitely wasn't just another pony. The what appeared to be haphazardly attached metal limb was another note of interest, but it wasn't the cause for this smell. Krix just couldn't place it, it was something that he had never smelled before and that worried him, but only for a moment or two. With a shrug, Krix turned his attention away from both of the shorter, newer arrivals and back towards the bar.

With long heavy strides, Krix quickly worked his way over there, all but dragging Veil if she didn't walk with him. With a single fluid motion, the door was almost slammed open and clattering loudly against the wall as Krix moved forward directly towards the group of slavers, still all but dragging Veil with him regardless of the eyes that were likely on him. When he reached the group, Krix would offer the Discordian a chair at the next table over. Whether she took the seat or not, Krix took the seat next to her and after releasing her tail, Krix lowered the massive shield down between Veil and the group of slavers and the new golden pegasi that was now sitting with them. The sheer weight of which possibly making a slight dent in the floor with it all being focused on a single line.

"Price, talk, now," Krix grumbled out with a slight growl and his eye narrowing once again. While the dog may have been sitting, he was still ready to pounce/tackle his way right into the heart of the group, likely at either Gun Smoke or their 'boss' if they drew weapons on him. But other than those few words, Krix wasn't going to do much of anything until Heart got into the bar to work whatever magic words that strangely tall unicorn possessed. About the only thing Krix would do, would be to shift the shield if any of the Slavers tried to get past it to reach Veil. She was his bartering chip for the moment, and the slavers weren't getting her that easily. Having the time, Krix took a couple sniffs inside the bar, to see if there were any others inside aside from those he could directly see since it was unlikely he'd be able to hear anything over the ruckus in the bar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Veil grumbles slightly at being dragged around by her tail. At least when she was being carried around she could save her energy. then again, it was nice to have a bit more mobility and a chance to stretch, even if it was hampered by the dog. She ignored Diamond Mind, seeing as the more competent close range fighter had already noticed er long ago.  She perks up significantly when the Doctor walks over.
"Ah hello, I am Veil. I overheard you were a Doctor, might this be of the medical sort?" She asks, hopeful of another to share her interests. It wasn't like Duster's were intelligent conversation. She notes with some curiosity his mannerisms. He seemed very interested in the dog for some reason, and had been giving her strange looks earlier. However, this, and other thoughts, took a back seat to the desperation of having another intellectual to talk to.

Veil is roused from her thoughts as they walk into the bar. Spotting the slavers immediately, she tries to edge away, but is pulled next tp the seat by Krix. She tries to stay calm as she takes the offered seat, but internally her thoughts are running wild. 'Slavers! Nononon, it was a trap it was a trap, they're going to sell me..!' Her panicked spiral into 'flight or fight' mode is disrupted by the massive shield coming between her and the slavers. She nods gratefully to Krix, able to calm herself somewhat with a shield to hide behind. This isn't to say she was still tense and high-strung slavers of any kind upset her, especially in an unfavorable situation. Were they in the wild Wastes, she would've hid, and picked them off from a distance. Sadly, she could not do that. Yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenTouch

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:18 am

Well...it hadn't gone according to plan, but as long as they were drinking, he was doing something right. Ignoring smokes comment, he continued to look at the boss, his eyes trained on searching for valuables, trying to notice a key on him of some sort. "If shootin is common amongst you then, i'm probably as plain as they come, you don't just get around in this wasteland through hugs and magic, I'm a decent shot I don't know much about the other stuff." He declares modestly, not wanting to let them know all his tricks. He tries to keep his weapons holstered, and hidden out of sight not much point in showing what you're packing yet. He didn't know why he was doing all this just for some random slave, but the thought of leaving him left a sour taste in his mouth.

That was until he heard the thunderous steps of Krix on the porch, watching him enter from across the table along with the others that were involved in the previously hilarious chase scene from earlier. This screaming bad news for him. Hearing the diamond dogs simple words, he cursed himself immediately, if only he had more time he could have drunken them up, grabbed the key, let the stallion go while he went on his merry way. Now if what he thought was correct and they were looking to buy him, this was no longer his situation, risking his life wasn't worth this slaves, grabbing his glass with a very "Now as a shame as it sounds, thinking it through, rest doesn't sit well with me. It seems you have business, I'll let you handle that, enjoy your drinks" as he tried to distance himself from the table back to his own.

His vision now moved across all of the other members of their party, trying to take note of their expressions and whatever gear they were packing

Last edited by GoldenTouch on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:27 am

Heartstring tilted his head at Diamond who stated, with a stutter, that they interrupted her sleep. His brows came together as he pondered on that for a second while looking at the small pony. He wasn't certain how loud they actually were given that they were in the middle of the commotion, so it was possible that their volume did echoe further than first anticipated. "Well then, many apologies for so crudely interrupting your sleep." He apologized and then took a step back when she took her steps closer. "Though I will say this now, I do not like being followed." he stated firmly as his ears twitched and swiveled to the sounds of Krix walking toward's the tavern. He heard the few word exchanged between the Doctor and Veil, but his attention was more toward's this new pony.

"Though I cannot tell you not to follow, that would be quite rude." His gaze shifted to the side a moment. "Yes, I know, there is that possibility and well yes she does feel a little funny. Oh whatever, keep blabbering will you." and his gaze shot back to Diamond. "I must be off, decide what you will. There is fun to be had and I shan't be missing it." He would grin, holding just for a moment a devilish gleam in his eyes before he would lightly trot after Krix, moving from one side of him to the other side.

When they finally entered the tavern Heartstring would walk in after Krix and look around the place, seeing where everything was placed at; the tables, the bar, the ponies, the chairs. Even glancing up towards the ceiling to see what was there as well. He would spot the slavers from earlier and he also spotted a new face. He had arched his brow as he walked over and stood next to Veil once the shield came down, though he did stand a good two feet from her, so he wasn't too close, but within distance enough that if guns went firing he could quickly hide behind the shield.

His eyes shifted over to Krix who spoke his three words again. "We will definetly need to work on your speech." he uttered to him as he looked over to the slave. "My you guy's just seem to multiply, quite the merry folk's you all are." His eyes shifted to Harun a moment seeing his condition and taking mental note of a new injury. Heartstring still wore his cloak with the hood up, and his saddle bags securely tied to his body. "But as the canine said, what is the price?" He needed to get them talking and keep the mood light and happy.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:42 am

Diamond followed the others in. She was wary of the glance she got from the giant pony, but he essentially invited her along. As she walked in, she saw four slavers and a nice looking pony, probably a slave. She took her hood down and her goggles off, letting her lavender mane down in the process. She passed the pegasus who had been looking at the group on the way to the bar. She took a seat at the bar and patiently waited for the bartender while watching the scene unfold. Her weapons remained concealed under her cloak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:12 am

Diamond would hear the clopping of heavily-shod hooves coming from the end of the bar furthest from the door and in her peripheral vision, she'd catch sight of a stringy white mane and an emerald-green coat as the pony approached her and stood beside her at the bar. "Whot ye drinkin', mate?" a heavily-accented voice inquired. "Cos whatever it be, I'd be glad to buy ye it." If she turns, she finds herself looking at a youngish mare, no more than her mid-20s if even that, wearing a broad-brimmed hat and with what appears to be a jeweler's glass with several additional lenses attached to it that could be revolved into place if additional magnification is needed. Beyond her head protrudes a large black stock. the tail end of some kind of long gun that disappears behind the mottled, rusted, and generally disrepaired barding the mare is clad in. What's not hidden at all is a long-barrel holster with the handle of a pistol protruding. Based on the bulge of the holster, it's clearly some manner of large-caliber revolver. The stranger mare looks steadily at Diamond with a pair of wary emerald eyes before smirking slightly. "Dun take this th' wrong way, mate, but ye sorta exude some powerful odd. Then again, it's why ye has the pleasure of my company an' an offer of a bought drink if it tickles."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:50 am

The boss of the slavers stared with an unamused look at Krix, flicking his gaze between the Discordian and the diamond dog. Before answering Krix though, he turned back to Golden who was now edging himself away. “Well then, get the fuck out’a here. We got business to take care of and yer waistin mah time, stupid fuckin pussy.” The boss turned back to Krix. “As for you, yer really as stupid as yah look, dumb ass mut. Yah droppin her off just like that, not tied up or restrained at all. Yah give her to us-“

The boss was interrupted by a the sound of a mug crashing against the wall. At the corner of the eastern and northern walls next to the bar, an earth stallion that appeared to be just some passed out drunk began to shake violently. His hooves smashing against the top of the table, yet he made no noise of alarm and his head was still face down on the table. The boss growled. “Oi, cut that shit out yah worthless fuck. Blaster, shut em up will ya.”

Blaster, the other unicorn slaver that had been silent up until now, stood up. “Yes, boss. I’ll shut em up.” Blaster walked across the room over to where the Stallion was still having a fit. “Oi! Ya hear em mate? Chill the fuck out, ya stupid looney.” There was no response from the stallion just what could be described as more epileptic shaking. Blaster growled and smacked him over the head with the butt of his revolver. “Oi! I said CALM THE FUCK DOWN!” The initial hit caused a loud ‘Crack’ and then the stallion just stopped.

“Da fuck was that blaster? I didn’t say to kill the poor bastard.” The Boss said loudly over to him. Blaster looked over at the boss with a confused look.

“Ah didn’t hit him that hard…” Blaster said nudging him with a hoof.

“Okay that’s it, it’s time for you lot t-…” The bartender stopped as he was just about to bang his Blunder Bust on the bar again when the assumed dead Stallion began to move again. This time however he was moving in sporadic jerks.

“See there, gents, told ya he was……..” Blaster stopped speaking when suddenly the stallions head jerked upward with another loud ‘CRACK’. Something was clearly wrong, maybe it was the unnatural way he moved, or, more glaringly obvious, the way his eyes were gone and looked like they had been chewed out from the inside. The Waitress shrieked in terror. The ‘stallion’ snapped its head towards Blaster and was frozen with fear as the sound of tearing flesh could be heard as its mouth opened wider and wider as long insectoid legs creeped out around the side of his mouth and then snapped shut down on Blasters muzzle. First there was muffled screams and then the sound of gargled choking as something appeared to be forced down Blasters throat.

“What the Fuck! Blast’, ME MATE!” The other earth pony slaver stood from his place at the table and bull rushed over to what was clearly no longer a pony. The creature was knocked to the floor spraying some thick red substance onto the earth pony slaver. The bartender quickly grabbing his Blunder Bust and shot it in the stomach from behind the bar, creating a large hole in it. Blaster however had started spewing blood from his mouth and making gargled noises as he did. Blasters flesh then started to bulge all around his body. At the same time, out of the hole in the others stallions stomach emerged four spider like creatures except with no thorax, had only two large eyes and what more looked like a hole with teeth instead of an actual mouth. These creatures immediately skittered and jumped onto the earth pony and began digging their way into his body with their mouths as he screamed in pain.

“OH FUCK! THEIR HUSKS! WHATEVER YOU DO DON’T GO NEAR THEM! BLAST THEM APART WITH WHATEVER FIREPOWER YOU GOT!” The bartender yelled as he grabbed whatever metal he could find to stuff into his blunder bust’s barrel. The two remaining slaver’s swore loudly and drew their weapons, the boss grabbing the Spear rifle he had taken from the slave and Gun Smoke drawing his two revolvers in preparation to fire. At this point legs had started to form out of the red mush that was sprayed on the earth pony as he continued to scream in unimaginable pain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules of engagement for this RP:
1. While in combat you may only post once per round and this can only be around 6 seconds worth of actions I believe. If you’ve ever played D&D then you can do one turns worth of actions is what I mean. A round ends everytime the gm posts which will be after everyone else posts once.
2. Even if someone posts before you in a round they are posting within the same 6 second timeframe you are so that means all your actions are happening at the same time as the other player.
3. You don’t have to fight, surrendering is sometimes an option and running away is always an option… unless you physically cant that is. There are even times in this game where surrendering or running away is the smartest action, don’t always rely on combat, know when the odds are hopeless or fighting will do more harm then good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:45 am

Well it seems like this wasn't going to start off that well. Maybe he should have bought them a pint or two of that wheat beer. Heartstring pondered to himself watching the slavers interact with one another and then interact with Krix, like before, didn't seem to take to giving him any kindness. And then there was a mug crashing to the ground, Heartstring immediately turned his head in the direction of the noise and bent his knees some before noticing that it was some drunkard who had dropped his glass and then began to shake violently. Heartstring began to get uncomfortable by this site as if it were triggering something in his mind that he had seen before. He took steps a little closer to Veil while watching.

His ear swiveling to the sound of the 'Boss' sending Blaster to take care of the drunkard. The following that had happened was not the prettiest of sights and Heartstring only began to laugh to himself while seeing this happen. "Oh this is just terrible, hahaha..." he said to himself after Blaster had hit the pony the first time. He listened to the Bartender start to talk and then stop again because the pony that was struck began to move again and then the waitress shrieked and then something grabbed Blaster's face and he began to gurgle and gag almost like something forced down his throat.

The following just seemed to have happened so quickly, the bartender fired at the pony, the earth pony slaver got covered in red slime, Blaster was dying. It was then Husk's suddenly emerged from the hole inside the drunken, now dead, pony and began to crawl it's way to the earth pony slaver and bury it's way into it's body. Heartstring was wide eyed and like before he began to laugh again and grin. "Oh what a sight!" It was fascinating no matter how many time's he would see this gruesome action. He wasn't sure why, he usually reacted this way whenever he saw something he would like to study, but obviously he couldn't study this given that it would more than likely attack him.

With the earth stallion pony going down and the bartender yelling that what those creatures are and telling everyone to blast it to smithereens, there really wasn't anything else he could do except keep himself safe, but he also knew that if the husk's were allowed to live and breed even further than it could very well destroy the entire way station and as much as a shit hole this place is, it still served its purpose to trade, but on top of that he also knew that if these husk did end up wiping out the way station, there would be a high probability that it could spread to other way stations.

Husk's are pests and should by all means be destroyed, enemies or not, for now all the ponies in here should fight on the same side, buuuuuuut this also proved an opportunity as well. "We better do as the bartender says and keep our distance, by any means, do not let those husks's...huskasi? whatever, do not let it touch you." He said toward's Krix and Veil as he looked at the earth pony and noticed something upon him that could prove useful to him, thankfully he was within range and with his magic he would wrap it around the handle and bring the long machete towards himself. "I'll take this." he stated as he ran further back from the husk infected ponies, wanting to put some more distance between himself and the creatures as he could, more specifically he moved behind the slavers, at least ten feet, to have an extra meat shield in front of him incase of anything, plus, he didn't have any guns, so him stepping in the way of those with gun's would be a really stupid idea.

Of course he would constantly be looking around the room trying to see if there was something else he could do, something that he could use. There were tables, the dart board on the west wall, the two drink trays on the bar counter. There wasn't much else unless he started pulling weapons off of other ponies.

Back to top Go down
Zen

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:59 pm

As the passed out drunk began to stutter, Krix's ears swiveled over instantly and were quickly followed by his one eyed gaze. The sporadic movement seemed wrong, and a sniff of the air only served to cement that fact. When Blaster cracked the stallion over the head with his pistol, Krix started to stand and raise his shield with him. Then when the drunk started to spasm again, Krix shifted slightly over so now he too was mostly behind the shield with the discordian.

Krix thought he could hear something else in those spasms, possibly a sort of clicking noise, but that could have been several things. Either way, Krix was already on edge when the stallions eye less face suddenly cracked upwards and the insectoid legs wrapped themselves around Blaster's face. The following moments of Blaster struggling, screaming, and ultimately dying served to show bits about these things, certainly enough for Krix to heed the bartender's warning.

Hearing the bartender scramble for things to use for ammo for the blunderbuss, Krix sought about what he could do given the lack of a ranged weapon. With a surprisingly fluid motion, Krix shifted off his bulging pack and tossed it over towards the bartender where it'd land behind the bar if not on it. "Use, Scrap, ONLY!" the dog bellowed out as he flipped one of the nearby tables. Seizing the stand in an underhanded grip so that when holding it, the flat of the table was towards the ground, Krix got ready to slam the flat of the table down on any of the Husk's that got too close or shield bash either of the infected stallions back if they started getting too close. Krix opted to stay behind (or to the side) of the slavers with his newly made 'wall' between any behind him and the infected in front of him, partially because he didn't want to get in the way of their shots, and partially because he didn't want to protect them as of this moment.

(inside the pack is water, food, maybe something to start a fire, a knife, some kind of light source if Diamond Dogs don't see well in the dark in this game, and however much rusted scrap metal you feel like letting Krix have after returning from a scavenge run and not selling any of it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Diamond jumped away from the bar as this all played out. The first slaver was more than dead. Then came the next one. Husks. Terrifying, horrible, husks. The shit of nightmares. "S-son of a b-bitch! If today c-couldn't get any w-worse." She drew her crossbow from her cloak, going into a bipedal stance in the process and using her left foreleg to stabilize it. She saw everyone moving, doing other things, things were getting hectic, this might be the only clear shot she would get off. She exhaled all the way, completely stabilizing herself, then fired a single shot at one of the husks. She used the winch on her crossbow to re-arm it and placed another bolt in it. Of all the days to go to shit, why did this have to happen today? 

Diamond then turned to the bar, looking for a bottle of alcohol as she took out a rag. Finding only wheat beer, she turned towards the absolutely sexy mare with the sniper rifle. "G-got something flammable? Th-the bartender said w-we need fire power."

Last edited by Wiserodin032402 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:50 pm

The white-maned mare who'd just sidled up to Diamond and offered her a drink of her choice goes still at the sounds of convulsion from just beyond the end of the bar and she leans around the other mare to see the stallion with his head down jerking and twisting noiselessly. "...aw, buck me up th' tailhole..." she says as Blaster approaches the stallion and smacks him with the butt of his revolver, making the stallion go bizarrely still. "Oddity, reccommendin' ya get some such ta be violent an' right quick cos this here reeks o'..." She has no opportunity to tell Diamond what the situation reeks off because just then, the husk host grabs and implants Blaster and the idiot of an earth pony slaver rushes the doomed unicorn. What the mare does have time to do is yank open one of her saddlebags fast enough to tear it and light her horn, a flint and steel emerging wrapped in sickly green energy. She drops the firestarting tool on the bar and follows it with a rough piece of torn cloth.

Her actions are halted by the flight of a bolt from the other unicorn but what makes her grin in an altogether far too pleased way is Diamond's request for fire power. "Ye wants proof, yeah?" She opens a flap of her rear right saddlebag and withdraws a glass bottle with a screw top filled with what appears to be water. "White waste lightnin', darl. Nine five per etho. Feel bad for th' nob gettin' burrowed but fire is faster, yeah?" She grips the handle of her revolver and starts to pull it out as she unscrews the cap from the alcohol and puts it on the bar next to Diamond. "Aim fer th' floor between 'em. Make a field o' flame so they can't run."

Last edited by DualThrone on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Land of Fire and Iron    

Back to top Go down

The Land of Fire and Iron
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next