A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:43 pm

So what triggers personality switches? Also Your robotic eye, what exactly are its abilities? I can tell you right now, analysis wouldn't work as that requires pre-recorded data to function and the domes dont exactly keep up with whats going on in the outside world. You will be starting with a considerably severe lack of supplies due to how recent you are out from the dome and currently only have 10 shots for your Poor condition rifle, you are however remarkably healthy and strong for a griffon. As a griffon though, you are subject to scorn as nearly all the griffons now are dusters. While you may not be immediately shot at, you will be the first to be shot at. So getting scrap through poker games is unlikely, perhaps she ambushed a very small duster raiding party at some point, sold what you could find off them for a rifle. If you want the rest of the group to refer to your character as a him, that is up to everyone else, i have no control over that so your gonna have to roleplay that out. Also would like to know the story behind the bruimstick? Seems like a more practical reason to get the name sweeps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:34 pm

Elsi is the original owner of the body, Sweeps is her dominant alternate personality, when they had their memories wiped it was like a off switch for Elsi and Sweeps became the only conscious being in her head. For an example you may get, its like Samhain suddenly having his alternate persona go silent and basically hibernate, a comatose if you will. Only they arent going to be waking up. As for the eye it only zooms in and out, however I'm not much of a weapons finatic. I don't know what a good zoom would be.
The poker games can be changed, as for the broom that'll be explained as well.

The Dragon Io

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:53 pm

I will be signing up André Léon

Name: André Léon
Background: Ex-Duster
Specialty: Soldier
Equipment: One percussion cap, .58 minie ball, iron sight, muzzle loaded rifle. (Well-kept but has some heavy signs of degradation). One .58 cal three band rifle-musket Bayonet made of iron with a scabbard. He carries all of his ammunition, supplies, and food/water in a leather satchel that hangs by his side. All the stuff needed to keep his weapon maintained and clean are right in the satchel as well. The medical supply that is needed to take care of others is in a special leather satchel that hangs on his other side with a red cross on it. Six shot, .36 caliber Single action, cap and ball pistol. (Poor condition but the action works) Light parry saber that is made of iron and tarnished all along the blade.

History: André Léon was the only son of a pair of wanders that went by the name of Driders. They would go out and collect scraps of anything useful and bring back the spoils of their hard labors. Often enough they would come back with absolutely nothing to show for their journeys into the wilds. His parents would leave in the morning and wouldn’t comeback till the evening. He would wait by the door till the sun set behind the mountains. For years this continued but one faithful evening, when he was fifteen years old, his parents never came back. He waited by the door till morning’s rays pierced through the window. They never came to the door or came back at all. Soon enough strange stallions came and threw André Léon into the street. Unfortunately, when André Léon had been thrown into the street his destiny was sealed. Some passing by Dusters were sorting through the street vermin since it is easier to recruit vermin when it came down to price.

One Duster laid his eyes upon the newly vermin André Léon. André Léon was still healthy, he had muscle to his bones and looked as if he could easily survive the world at large if a little training could be given to him. The Duster reached down and grabbed André by one of his ear. Lifting up the brat, André tried to fight back against the Duster. Kicking, screaming, biting and punching the Duster in any way he could. André wasn’t going to go along quietly but the Duster took a pipe; slamming the heavy metal club against André’s head. The world grew dark in André’s eyes seemly if a sleep was to overtake him. André’s body slumped over in the Duster’s arms. Taking the newly recruited colt to a wagon they took him far away from everything he knew. Far from the prying eyes that would seek to destroy the dusters. Along the way André woke up from his heavy slumber to see the rolling sands endlessly stretching for miles around. André stayed in the wagon knowing that if he tried to escape his bones would be added to the sand. Heavy cuffs around his hands and legs made sure he wasn’t able to escape even if he wanted to.

After several nights and days, abuse of the guards that made sure that he and other new recruits stayed put, very little food or water was given to them. There on the horizon was a strange building that stood out in the dunes of endless sand. They arrived within the hour as the looming shape of a tower stood above. Guards outside the tower jeering and scoffing at the fresh meat that was being brought into the fold of Dusters. There in the depths of the tower André was lead down, far from the light of day into the depths of hell where suffering and sadness was more common to the eye then grains of sand. There in the dim light he saw the many street rats like him being forced into an organization that was known for its criminal activities. From there life became miserable in the cells below the tower. He lived off of any food or water that would come his way. Under these circumstances a monster was being created within André. The spirit of André was utterly broken and something in his mind drove him far off the edge, somewhere André never thought he would be pushed towards. A Duster led André straight into a training ring where the other street rats would be turned into obedient soldiers that would follow commands like sheep. André fell into line like everyone else but the desire to hold onto what shreds of hope still kept him going even when times were tough. It was that same hope that pushed him through the vigorous training that stripped flesh from bones and caused bones to crack under their own weight. Whipped, stuck, beaten… all of these he suffered in the ring. He was being forged into a weapon, removing all the impurities that would interfere with battle. Morals were lost, emotions removed… he didn’t even feel much like a stallion anymore; no he felt like the iron that made up the weapons he used.

Several years passed, he was hardened into a soldier, a weapon to be used against the enemy. He survived training, much to the surprise of some of the dusters, with his wit intact and his mind sharper than ever.  He was grouped with another part of the Dusters, together he fought by their command and will. Battle after battle blood was shed by his hands, he raped many, and stole from others. He was a good soldier but he began to feel an emptiness in his heart. Dreams of his battles and rape came back to haunt him. Guilt began to amount in his heart; every step filling him with dread. Whenever he tried to speak of his exploits to the other, the words would become stuck in his throat as if something was holding him back. This continued to the point that he was becoming sick with himself. Whenever he looked in the mirror he saw a monster not a stallion. He went to the doctor of the group in finding some answers to his aliments but the doctor said the best he could do was to ease the physical pain.  André wandered away from the good doctor but stumbled upon a bleeding ally. There in the sand one of the street rats had been stabbed by a large horn. André carefully carried the wounded stallion into the doctor tent but the doctor needed help and André was the only one around so he was volunteered to do the deed. Under the careful guide of the doctor they were able to save the life of the stallion who was stabbed but something washed over André during those moments. He felt something he hadn’t felt in a long time. Happiness… such a long forgotten memory.

Several more years passed as André began to learn all he could from the doctor to heal those who had been hurt in battle. His heart grew softer but he still did all that his masters would demand from him. He still raped, pillaged, and killed but in his heart he slowly formed a plan to get away from that life. Under the cover of night André hid himself in the back of a wagon heading by one of the way-station. There André waited for the perfect moment to emerge and head to his freedom. When the dusters were sleeping, André snuck out of the wagon and into the safety of the way-station. He was finally free of the Duster’s tyranny.

Last edited by The Dragon Io on Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little Red

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm considering joining this RP.
Expect a bio soonish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ponysquare.com/ScarletWitch/
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Whats with everyone wanting specific models of weapons, no matter what you pick its still gonna be a steam rifle and still gonna have all the same stats and whatnot of every other standard steam rifle. Just look up steam rifle on google images and pick one of those. Your all using the same type of ammo anyways since its just bits of metal.

Notebook, bud your starting with low equipment, your a recent refugee 90 shots is waaaaaay to many im giving you 20. Also 6 well armed dusters is giving yourself a little too much credit, you would have died really fast. Also, still dont get where the name sweeps comes from "Bullet wizzed by head, now my name is sweeps." doesnt really serve as a decent explanation, just say her name is sweeps cuz she carries a broom around everywhere, thats plenty of reason to get the name sweeps. Anyways reduce the number of dusters to 3 and give them at best revolvers, the only automatic weapons currently are mounted steam heavy autorifles so unless you were fighting dusters with a tank then i dont think they had automatic weapons. this will give you just enough scrap to buy a steam rifle in poor condition after this your character should be approved.

Io, This was the kind of character i was talking about! This guy works. Now still gonna request a few minor adjustments and then you should be good to go. First off, since you are starting as an ex-duster your equipment is in shit condition, thats just how they are, dusters dont take care of their stuff. So reduce your weapons condition to poor and then you'll be fine there. Now playing a combat medic is fine, but honestly it seems unnecessary for your particular character as the whole medical section of the story does feel a little hamfisted in there. Now im not saying you have to change but i am telling you playing as a straight soldier is not bad at all. If you stick with soldier class you get to be proficient with nearly every standard weapon, true your not going to have the aim of a sniper but you can use a pistol or blunderbuss without any trouble. The choice is up to you though as a combat medic you'll only have basic first aid care knowledge so your medical skills will be half decent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:45 pm

I will be heavily editing my form soon. So what you see now is irrelevant, for the most part.

Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Yeah zen just informed me /acrazy so nevermind on what i said

Same thing for you io zen told me he worked with you as well /scotsup

You certainly miss a lot when you sleep for an entire day heh /lbash
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Finished.

Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:39 pm

Each player starts with a single bag with a carrying capacity of 50 lbs total worth of stuff while their actual carrying weight will be different. The monetary system will be done in lbs of metal and the quality of said metal. There are three scrap metal qualities: Poor/Shit quality, Decent quality, and Fine quality. The ratio of the value of these metals is as such:
10 lbs of poor metal is equal to 1 lb of decent quality
5 lbs of decent quality is equal to 1 lb of fine quality
Other more rare metals will be introduced later in the game and we will worry about that then but till then this is what we got.
Now for each characters current load:
Zen- Krix has a current carrying capacity of 250 lbs, his shield weighs 100 lbs, he currently has 20 lbs of poor quality metal and 20 lbs of decent quality metal. There is also 10 more lbs of food and water in the bag for traveling. 150/250

Heartstring- All metal objects have 25% reduced weight for your total carrying weight. Your total carrying capacity is 125 lbs. You have 10 lbs of poor quality metal 25 lbs of decent quality metal and 5 lbs of fine quality metal. You also have 10 lbs of food and water. The rifle-spear weighs 24 lbs and the machete weighs 4 lbs. 61/125

Chowatron- Your carrying weight is 175 lbs. You have 1 Steam pistol which weighs 6 lbs. You are also missing your travel bag. 6/175

Dualthrone- Verde has a carrying weight of 110 lbs. You have 35 lbs of poor quality metal and 5 lbs of decent quality metal with, 10 lbs of food and water. The rifle weighs 16 lbs, the pistol weighs 6 lbs, and the combat barding weighs 10 lbs. You also have a separate smaller bag for all your mechanic equipment and such which I will come up with a weight for later. Currently 82/110

LorthalisofCrows- Your carrying weight is 125 lbs. You currently have 10 lbs of poor quality metal 10 lbs of decent quality metal and 4 lbs of good quality metal and 15 lbs of food and water. You have 15 metal arrows 0.5 lbs each, a metal short bow which is 5 lbs, a bone saw which is 2 lbs, and another 5 lbs of various medical equipment that I have forgotten what it was.

Sharp- You have a carrying capacity of 80 lbs. You have 5 lbs of poor quality metal 20 decent quality metal and 10 fine quality metal, as well as 10 lbs of food and water. You also have an ammo pouch with 30 ball shot and 10 rifle shot. A fine quality Repeater rifle with 4 shot capacity which weighs 14 lbs as well as leather armor that weighs 8 lbs and 2 lb robes. 59/80

Wiserodin- You have a carrying capacity of 100 lbs, however when you are over encumbered rather than being hindered by the weight you instead begin to lose health as the surgery scars on your arm open back up. You have 10 lbs of poor metal 10 lbs of decent metal and 5 lbs of fine metal, along with 10 lbs of food and water. Your crossbow is 8 lbs and has 10 bolts each 0.5 lbs. Your shiv is considered scrap metal. Rusted iron long sword 9 lbs. 57/100

Notebook- Your carrying weight is 150 lbs. you have 10 lbs of poor quality metal and 15 lbs of decent quality metal, along with 10 lbs of food and water. Your broom weighs 5 lbs and your pitch fork weighs 8 lbs. 48/150

Pseudologia Fantastica- Your carrying capacity is 100 lbs. You have 15 lbs of poor quality metal, 15 lbs of decent quality metal, as well as 10 lbs of food and water and 10 lbs of various chemicals and bottles. 50/100

Okay let me know if any of you have any problems with any of what I have here or if I forgot something and whatnot. You can either contact me on skype or pm me on here if you need me to change anything. I came up with all this for everyone all at once and Im sure ive made a few mistakes, so let me know what they are.

P.S. After witnessing the effectiveness of Krix’s shield, all mechanic class characters can now make stone weaponry. However Stone weaponry is generally too heavy for anyone but krix to use. Too make Stone weaponry you will need krix’s help as he’s the only one who has the diamond dog ability to cut and shape the stone. Be as creative as you wish but a stone gun wouldn’t work so don’t bother with that.

Ignore this just reposting this in the sign up for future reference, also a new post should be coming within the next two days sorry about the delay everyone been really busy /shyeah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:49 am

Signing up with Nuria. Starting age will be 19 for the purposes of this thread.
Major Changes: No aura sense.

Backstory:
The dragons are not actually gone from existence they have just all moved to the northern mountains where no pony has ever made it to due to having to pass over the northern mountains, the few who try flying there get picked off by either flying creatures or watchful dragons. Nuria was born and raised here in the dragonlance of the northern mountains under the protection of Quetzalcoatl god king of dragons. Nuria was born nearly blind, and as dragon soceity only respects those with power, especially now more than ever, nuria was considered useless and a blight upon her family. They were not so cruel as to kill her but made it clear that she was not wanted by neither kirin or dragons and her genes were deemed impure for reproduction. However one day she was given a summons by Lord Quetzalcoatl himself telling her to meet her at his temple. Once there Quetzalcoatl revealed himself as a small feathered white dragon although this was not his true form. He then told nuria that he would give nuria sight and respect if she were to perform a task for him, she was to go on a 20 year expedition out into the wastelands of the south as his emissary. She would be observe the ongoings of the ponies and other remaining sentient beings of the land and when she was strong enough, to return to the dragon lands and report to him whether or not there was anything in the wastes left worth saving or if the dragons should invade the wastes and scorch the earth and start again. If she does not return in 20 years time she will be assumed dead and another candidate will be sent in her stead.

She was also told that she is never to reveal the location of the dragons to others, if an invading force is found making their way through the red valley, scorched earth will be automatically chosen and she will be hunted down and killed. The dragons are very secretive and do not wish their existence to be known as they no longer wish to associate with the stupid lower races that had destroyed their once beautiful lands. Upon accepting her mission she was given a compass from Quetzalcoatl himself that supposedly will never fail to point north to back home so she will always know which way is home. Then she was given a wasteland cloak to hide her draconic features and allowance to pick one weapon from kirin armory. And of course she was also given a standard saddlebag with a months worth of food and water. Once nuria had everything there tied up and with nothing left to do she was then teleported by Quetzalcoatl a few miles outside the south eastern waystation.

Class: Headhunter/Scavenger (Wasteland Rat?)

Equipment: Naught but the scales on her back, a standard cloak, and a spear of kirin make. As well as a month's worth of rations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   

Back to top Go down

Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3