A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:00 am

Okay im gonna be honest im not entirely sure what your asking for here. I cant let you be an immortal as this would make you an indispensable asset to the dome community, so you literally could not be thrown out. Also i have stated before no characters are immortals. I get that you want this to be the same character, but this is an entirely new universe your starting in, this is not the same equestria your king came from. Also, if you want a chemical resistence augment, that i can do. A chemical immunity augment is asking a bit much there. A hobo alchemist does not test on themselves because they are afraid they are gonna kill themselves, and thats both biased and unreliable science.
Also, immunity to own emotions..... not really sure what that means. The chemicals your experimenting with wont be magical chemicals or refined drugs, so emotion manipulation is a bit beyond you right now. So if you want this character approved your gonna have to make some sacrifices, or your gonna have to submit a different character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heartstring
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:39 pm

I'll be signing up Heartstring

For this setting he is going to be 36 years old instead of 18 like it is in my bio.
He will be a Dome Refugee: His augmentation relates towards Bioelectromagnetism, what it is is the study of electromagnetic fields and biological entities, and it is something that, overtime, can grow to become much stronger. Though as it stands, with what had been discussed with Quad, this augment at the starting level provides Heartstring with a control over electromagnetic fields, which he can to an extent control metals, and things that have been magnetically charged in a, currently, small range around himself. To understand it's strengths if a pony swings a metal weapon at me, I'm quite capable of changing its angle to redirect the blow, if said attack is stronger than my field then the attacker would be able to forcefully push through the shield and make a more accurate attack. The same would apply to projectile weapons that are made of metal, once it enters Heartstring's electromagnetic field he would be able to only redirect it's trajectory some.

As for Gear: a hooded cloak, a large saddle bags filled with stuff for trade ( I believe you stated it needed to be metal, right?), and a saddle bag for his personal stuff, like some food, canteens of water.

I think that's about it....i'm delusional by lack of sleep sooo yeah...let me know if this is good or not.   
To note: back in the Dome Heartstring use to be a scientist, and on his spare time he was a storyteller, reading stories to children at the local library.
---Backstory---

"It was 18 years ago that it started. It was the beginning of life as I saw it. Was it? Maybe? I could quite possibly be wrong here? How many times has the sun fallen and risen? 6570 time's by now? 6569? Maybe could be? What had happened again? I was outside of the dome and I remember breathing in sand. Well that wasn't pleasant, but that was the first thing I remember. What about when I was young? Was there anything? No, no, I couldn't tell you. Not that I don't want to, but I can't. It's like there's nothing there. Just this big blank space there....was it always there? Excuse me! Are you insinuating that I have, as the local barbarian's say, jumped off the deep end?" Heartstring would huff and stand tall as he kicked sand right onto a dead bandit that was partially buried in the ground. "We'll see if I ever invite ponies like you to my next soiree." Expanding beside this dead bandit were other random bumps here and there. Occasional horse hair sticking out the ground, a hoof or two sticking out the ground as well.

Eighteen years ago, a unicorn pony had been kicked from the Dome. Awakening in a terrible and utter daze hours later he had found himself 'birthed' into the land of waste. This land of destruction and filth. It was filled with long hot days and long cold nights. It was certainly not an easy one for this young stallion, who was never before used to such conditions. Before he was...and he also was...so it's perfectly understandable as to why it was so harsh. Well no, not really, no memories, no home, no place to go and no place to return too. He was nothing more than a lost soul with nothing to keep him bound to this place. His body was strong, his body was healthy, that was obvious, his coat was bright, his presence refreshing. A high contrast to what he had come to find in this strange place he recognized as the wastelands. Though his body was strong, his soul seemed broken. There were thing's he knew, that he just didn't understand why he knew it. There were things he wanted to remember, but couldn't understand why he he couldn't even bring back a memory from the time he was little.  

It would be fairly obvious to see that such a stallion, strong and new, would not survive the wasteland. So how did he come to live on for eighteen more? Well that is a wonderful story that involves a lovely, but feisty mare who went by the name of Bomb Shell. Oh quite the fitting name that was, while she was a bit looney in the head, she was quite the gorgeous pegasi around, with unique golden looking feathers around, and a flank to die for.

She had a routine, this routine went as followed; play as the damsel in distress, fool a traveling stallion, feign love, steal whatever he's got and leave him dead besides the road. As simple as it sounded, it surprisingly worked quite often, aside from the needs of personal safety and precious metals, many still feel into their more primal instincts, mating. Now how does such a mare become so in twined with a stallion unicorn.

Two months had passed since Heartstring had begun wandering the wastelands and moving as far as his hooves could take him. He was cautious, his faulty memory  quickly led him to paranoia so he always went strange long routes whenever he spotted something that his mind just couldn't understand. If he had to question it, it meant to him that it wasn't good. Why was there a body laying on the ground? Why is someone calling for help from him like they know him? Everytime he found himself questioning a situation he would turn the other way and make a longer trip around.

He finally arrived to his first Way station and that where he had felt, very oddly enough, safer. Difficulty was set in an all time high, but it was the fact that Heartstring was obviously from the Dome that seemed to have helped him acquire a job. His job didn't have anything to do with the metal works, no he had managed to get a job at a bar. How he had managed this? Well that had occurred when he helped the bar owner win a bet that involved him using his augment to change the trajectory of some throwing darts between the owner and his opponent. To make a long story short, the owner won, and Heartstring got a job.  While he didn't receive all to much in the matter of pay, he had managed to acquire his basic needs, shelter, food, and water. Whatever pay he did get, he used very sparingly and saved, and saved and saved and saved.

Now Bomb Shell you ask, well that's where shit, in a manner of speaking, hit the fan. Bomb Shell was a frequent visit of this particular bar at this particular Way station. Bomb Shell usually drank along with the rest of her group and sang and had lots of fun. She knew the owner very well and in time got to know Heartstring as well. Bomb Shell and her group liked Heartstring because he treated them well and they rather found his manner of speaking hilarious.

Still it was a particular incident that turned Heartstring's world even darker. There was a rival group that didn't get along with Bomb Shell's group and constantly they would get into fights until there was a point where in the middle of the night the bar had been destroyed. The owner had been killed in the explosion, and Heartstring managed to survive it thanks to his augment, while the concussive force was nothing to laugh at, the metal shrapnel pieces that flew in his direction were redirected enough that he was able to survive. Managing to get out from the rubble, he had tried to find the owner, but when he did find him, well...let's just say the only recognizable thing about him was a pocket watch he always had on him. Heartstring would search through the rubble and find his belongings and he would leave that place.

From there he joined Bomb Shell's group who accepted him with open hooves. It was something he had come to learn either you die alone in the sands or you survive together in the wastes. This turning point in his life led to another bunch of tough trials. He lost his savings having to give it to Bomb Shell's group as a "support the group" donation, but in return he received so much more. He learned more about the lands they strive to survive. This kill-or-be-killled world. While a majority of the members were born of the wastes, Bomb Shell was born of the dome, like he was. Which was probably why she was able to manipulate so many into working with her. Of course she ruled with an iron hoof.

but the days that followed served as trial after trial after trial. He was taught things in order to support the group as a whole. Physically he was healthier than the rest, had more stamina, of course he wasn't use to the land like they were, so he had his difficulties, but over time he gotten use to it. Learned to fight better, what helped him greatly was his own high intelligence. He may have forgotten his memories of his life in the Dome, but he still showed that he had an extremely high intelligence and his speed and capacity for learning knew things and applying his own theory to things were outstanding. Though he prefered to try and talk his way out of things, he still resorted to unsavory methods in order to survived, not only with himself but with the rest of his crew; The Shells.

All identifiable by a bullet shell branding somewhere on their body. For Heartstring his was located over his heart on his chest. He spent a few years with The Shell's growing together not only as a gang, but as this strange violent danger to society family. Bomb Shell was their leader and many followed her not only because of her beauty but that fact that she followed through with everything she says she will.She promised food, she provided, she promised shelter, she provided, she promises to give them some sort of better life that could be even possible to obtain in this filth of a wasteland, she provided. Yes, lots of thing's the group did can be considered immoral, awful, but when it meant survival. No one cared.

Bomb Shell provided Heartstring with his new life after the bar was destroyed. She gave him protection, she gave him skills to survive, she gave him knowledge, but above all...she gave him love. Yes, this reason, this sole reason as to why Heartstring has survived out in the wasteland for the past 18 years is because someway, somehow, through all the death and decay, the filth and the madness, Bomb Shell, this frightening, feisty, foul mouthed mare, had given him the one glimmer of light this awful horrible world can provide.

But sadly the fate's held another tale for this stallion and took the life of Bomb Shell and the rest of the Shells. Their rival gang, The Caps, had staged a raid onto the Shells, and in the fight in the wastelands the group managed to kill each other off. Heartstring was the only one to survive. Bomb Shell had sacrificed herself to keep him alive by jumping in the way of bullets to protect him. She left this terrible world and told him one thing. "Love and survive."

From then onward that is what he kept close to himself. "Love and survive." He would survive, but as for love, well he kept his love for Bomb Shell deep inside. Over the next coming years, Heartstring would survive and fight for his life. He'd use manipulative tactics to get whatever he needed to, he'd steal from the dead, and trade their unused items for thing's he needed; food, water and sometimes shelter.

Though like he had done before, he would over the years collect things that were deemed necessary. Metal's, metal's were necessary and that is what he would do. Collected a large amount of what was necessary in order to trade it off for something even better. Something that could be of better use. Heartstring over the years had survived using his intellect, whenever he faced a problem he would figure a way to solve it and for some reason for him, it was easy for him to think of solutions. It was easy for him to use his mind to make the situation he ended up in into an advantage for him. He never fought group's head on and if he did have group's chasing him, he'd always lead them to places he knew and would separate groups strategically in order to take them down one way or another. Using what little magic he had helped out greatly and in conjunction with his bioelectromagnetism it was a fierce combination.

So he survived liked that. Eighteen years in the wastelands, eighteen years of careful paranoia driven tactics. He has killed many by this point, for the sake of surviving. Whatever he thought he once was before is no longer who he is now. Whether he gets his memories back or not, he doesn't see any purpose in it anymore either. It won't bring Bomb Shell back, so there's no point to bring back the past, only to bring in a new future. To love and to survive.

Last edited by Heartstring on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:35 pm

That makes sense, I'll dial it back a bit.  Pick which would fit better, if either.

1. Kings is about the same as the character sheet, but neither immortal nor with complete chemical immunity.  They thought of their condition as a random mutation, since they haven't actually been augmented and don't believe in magic.  After they were kicked out of the dome, augmentation just so happened to be the most reasonable explanation.

2. Kings has been augmented with different eyes, a better nose, and chemical resistance. The nose and resistance were so that they could do more dangerous work with chemicals, while the eyes were a semi-successful attempt to improve night vision.

In the case of 1, the "emotional immunity" thing is because their chemical resistance extends to their own hormones, which are in charge of emotion and growth. Kings picks up emotion from others around him on a form of advanced empathy, which means that the only real emotions they feel are the emotions of those around them.

If we go with #2, I'll just make him a sociopath who is fascinated by emotions.

I hope one of these is to your liking, as I really want to be in this RP. If not, I'll pick another character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:38 am

Oh, Kitty, you pull at my heartstrings.... eh? Eh? See what i did there? Eh? .... Shut up im clever! Anyways heartstring your character is approved... I can't help but feel like your swindling me into agreeing to something im not aware of by making this amazing long ass backstory.... I'm keeping my eye on you... cyclops

Fantastica, okay your almost there, i feel weird forcing you to change your character so much so i would still consider using a simpler character. However, im gonna say go with number 2, but you dont need to be a sociopath, testing on yourself is just bad science. Also, i'll give you chem resistence augment and thatll include resistence to some fumes but not the night vision eyes as well. Modify your backstory some and you should be good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:43 am

The game has finally been posted in the nsfw roleplay section, you may now all post your first posts. Fantastica you can post as soon as i approve of your character. Anyways current players are:
Lorthalis of Crows
Zen
Chowatron
eqbotanium
Heartstring
and hopefully more to come. Everyone have fun.

Warning: If you bend or break the rules too much, your character will be killed in game via random event and you will not be allowed to rejoin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Dragon Io

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:33 am

I would like to sign-up Sol for this mission.

Because in the change of time Sol will be 35 years old, and he will be a waste-lander. Having some connection on the spiritual level to feel the emotions of others while they feel his sensations. Allowing for him to touch deep into their hearts. Being a druid, his knowledge of plants and animals helps him survive the wastes, provide some healing and feed others.

His Gear: His purple cloak and cape, a saddle bag that carries assorted material and other trinkets he has found along the way. Food and water is kept in water-skins to make sure it stays fresh for a long time. He carries a heavily decorated staff with him to help him find out what is around him without all the feeling around.

History: Sol was born into the wastes; his mother died just after Sol's birth, leaving his father to take up the responsibility of raising his son alone. Though father had great knowledge, his son wasn't able to see what his father was taking about. The important things about the plants couldn't be seen but he could feel or smell the plants. The animals that wander the wastes. The heightened senses  allowed him to tell which were poisonous and which were edible. Where the animals were coming and going. Applying this knowledge he helped his father with keeping the two of them alive while his father taught him about the spirits that inhabited the world. How they were interconnected to the very earth, life and other around him. Each person has a connection to these spirits but each person has a different connection that manifests inside the person. His father had the connection to nature, he could feel the waning and sickness of the world.

While his father felt the nature, Sol could bind his spirit to another person. In fact he bound it to his father. When Sol was wandering a bit away from their camp, Sol was bitten by a creature that could kill if it wasn't treated. Because of the spirit binding to his father, the sensation of a snake biting him was felt. Though nothing could be seen the pain was still there. His father rushed to his son and administered a antidote. His father praised his son's connection to the spirits, that his lessons have sunk into his son.

Years began to pass, his father's knowledge passing onto his son like his father before him. It was the tradition of his people but time has a cruel side. On his father's death bed he was unable to gaze upon his father. He could feel his father's pain but nothing more. His spirit felt the last of his father's spirit flutter away like a butterfly taking wing.

Taking up his father's staff to help guide him on the path his destiny, he continued the traditions of his father and followed all of his father's knowledge. Helping him survive the wilds of the wastes he was no longer a foal, he had grown into a fine young stallion. Not so much wandering at this point but following his father's words. During his travels he stumbled upon a some lost people. He helped them on their path while he went on his own. After giving them some food and water on their way.

He travels, looking to further the knowledge of the wastes and helping others along the way. He didn't fight normally but he always was helping others.

Last edited by The Dragon Io on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:40 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:29 am

okay, cool. Blind pony will be fun. But i cant approve your character till i get that history and your equipment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:55 am

Resubmitting "Doctor" Kings.  Sorry for being so late, forumotion decided not to tell me you had replied.  And I'm quite alright with fudging my characters.  They're a dome refugee, but they've survived long enough to get some equipment.  They'll have, in their alchemical supplies, a whole lot of bottles, some random chemicals, a notebook to fill with recipes and ideas, and a pencil.  Their survival kit consists of a crude knife, some water and dried food.  Augmented with an immunity to some more harmful chemicals.  They were born with silver eyes (which, while not particularly significant, were unusual and a bit of a sore spot for young Kings) and a sensitive nose.

Kings's personality will be rather different, to suit the atmosphere.  Kings's overall lack of emotion will play a much larger part.  They'll take a sort of pleasure in creating strong emotional responses, positive or otherwise, mostly through how they interact with others.  They'll also sometimes "persuade" others to take their new mixtures, as they can't test them on themself, usually doing this by acting friendly and trustworthy.  Overall, a chaotic neutral with intent to learn.

Backstory

Kings was born and raised in one of the domes.  Their natural talent was found to be to learn skills, and so they were trained in subjects from language to medicine to how to act.  They especially excelled in making chemicals, and requested an augmentation to remove some of the dangers of working with them.  

Unfortunateky, Kings was a curious one, and learned the art of figuring out things they weren't supposed to.  One day, they delved too deep into something the domes wanted to stay hidden.  So out they went, thrown into the world to fend for themself.

Out in the wastes, Kings's natural affinity for learning became useful, and they picked up some survival skills and supplies.  They quickly discovered a special fondness for alchemy, and started learning the art through trial and error.  They started testing on other ponies, carefully cataloguing their emotional responses to certain stimuli, and physical responses to the various toxins they have found.  This practice tended to get Kings in trouble, and he has set to wandering in search of new strangers to test. Because, frankly, he hasn't managed to do anything other than kill the tester.

Last edited by Pseudologia Fantastica on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:06 am

Hey dude i said earlier, emotion manipulation through chemical means is still beyond you. Until you can make refined narcotics your using whatever you find lying around which is mostly straight poison. And cmon, you can give me a little bit more to work with right? Its not required but i'd appreciate a little more backstory also i need your desired starting equipment. Also gonna have to explain the silver eyes some... I know he's a figment in your thing but here he's just a pony due to figments being immortal and so on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:04 am

Edited, hopefully more to your liking. And the whole "inspiring emotion" thing is usually done through talking and actions, rather than the mixture itself. Sorry if I phrased it poorly.

Also, I figure by now they're going to have discovered some narcotics. However, like you said, most are just straight poison. But they're poison with side effects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:08 am

no dude you dont understand, everything out in the wastes is mostly toxic, you'll be able to make narcotics when/if you reach the northlands, until then what you make will mostly be random and determined by me. but everytime i determine a new effect you get to add another recipe to your catalogue thats how hoboalchemy works
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Sheeeit. Gotcha. Making edits now.

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Dragon Io

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Upated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Okay, io..... i have no idea what kind of character your asking for or how the hell that character is even still alive... you didnt really explain anything at all and whats this thing about his attackers getting hurt instead of sol... the way you described there is no way sol would still be alive coming out there blind and wandering aimlessly. Eating anything off the ground is also a sure way to get yourself killed sense even the ones that arent poison will sometimes literally try to eat you instead. So im gonna need a total rework of this character until it makes sense because i cant approve that. Believe me, i want to approve your character, having a blind wastelander will be interesting but you need a reason your character is able to move around without winding up dead almost immediately.

Fantastica your character is approved, it wont be easy getting people to drink your shit though so remember that. But hoboalchemists are fun so good luck with that. i still want to know why hes got silver eyes but its fine you can leave it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Dragon Io

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:22 am

Fixed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:53 am

Signing up with Diamond Mind. She'll be a Scavenger/Mechanic. Her weapons will be a longblade, a crossbow and a concealed shiv. 

Her 'inventory' includes: (mostly) Clean cloth rags for wound binding, an empty but still functional zippo-style lighter, leather straps, and bits of junk that she could possibly make into weapons or shivs.

She has an arm implant that replaces her right foreleg, making her walk with a somewhat noticeable gait, the arm has enhanced strength, five finger-like claws and is covered with cloth that matches Diamond's hazelnut clothing. Her clothes include a light tunic, light pants, goggles for eye protection, a hooded cloak and a bandanna. She carries a satchel as well.

Diamond has the ability to grow a disguise over her halfling form, but it's severely limited, and it also takes time, requiring her to be naked to start the process, overall taking an hour to fully form and finish. It makes Diamond look like a tan unicorn mare with a lavender mane and tail.

Diamond's true form has an ivory white coat covering similarly colored chitin. Its eyes are blue all over with a yellow center designating where the pupil would be. Her mane is azure (variant of blue) matching the color of her eyes. She has a sensory frill running down her back, two fangs that she usually hides in her mouth, and a pair of wings she rarely uses. She can glide with her wings if she's not in her true form. She tends to avoid ever revealing her true form, as it makes her a target for slavers who want an 'exotic'

Backstory

Diamond Mind was conceived by a danger fetish driven duster, a unicorn named Starlight Abyss. She was always searching for that next high, nothing ever being 'too dangerous' or 'too icky' for her. In her travels, she heard of a few changelings left around in the wild, and jumped at the chance to do something dangerous involving changelings. Upon finding a husk that could barely be called a changeling, she did the first thing that came to mind: Pin it and rape it. Though she was almost drained, she managed to escape as the changeling before it could turn the tables on her, stabbing out its eye in the process. She later on discovered that she had gotten pregnant as a result, forcing her to stock up on supplies and find a doctor when the time came. After delivering and raising the child for a year, she took up her steam pistol and went back to her life as a duster, using her Diamond Mind as a distraction when Diamond reached age two. 

Starlight raised Diamond as a girl, despite the child's dual nature. When Diamond grew to age four, during one of the so called 'bait runs' Starlight almost failed to save Diamond from a griffon  due to her steam pistol jamming, forcing Diamond to fight for herself. She managed to kill her attacker by tripping him, causing him to hit his head on a nearby rock, giving griffon a concussion and knocking him unconscious, taking his shiv, then stabbing him 45 times in the unarmored parts of him. By the time Starlight got to her, the griffon was dead, and Diamond was covered in blood. She then asked "Did I do it mommy? Are you proud of me?".

That was the tipping point for Starlight. She had a set of mixed feelings. On one hoof, this was her daughter, her obligation, on the other hoof, something was wrong with the child, and her danger fetish had begun to itch again. Making her decision on mixed feelings, she left Diamond at a waystation.

Diamond was picked up by some passing scavengers, seeing a small child as useful to getting into the small spaces. She learned many life lessons and began to experiment with technology and scraps, making makeshift weapons and gadgets and the like. She learned how to wander and find scavenging jobs around the waystation. At about 16, she picked up on a nightly job as a practitioner of the world's oldest profession for extra income, using some of it to buy a decent blade so she didn't have to keep using shivs. She kept picking up and learning different mechanic skills along the way, making herself a good quality crossbow. At age 19, she found a dome refugee during a scavenging run. She had heard about them, how they had extra special bits and pieces. This one had a mechanical arm that she wanted, so she removed it from him and 'accidentally' cut off an arm on the way to the surgeon, who attached it for a hefty price. Some recovery and some disturbing fever dreams later, She was able to use the limb in a somewhat limited fashion, as extremely overblown movements cause pain. She managed to pay it off by the end of the year and almost synchronized her brain signals with the arm, no harm, no foul. She still aims to learn even more about the world she lives in and become a greater mechanic.

Last edited by Wiserodin032402 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:53 am

k Wise your approved go get yourself killed now lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenTouch

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Signing up GoldenTouch
Due to time changes and such, he'd be around 27-28 years old. Living as a waste wandering gunslinger.[headhunter variant]
For his gear would be two steam powered pistols in whatever quality you'd see fit, wearing a dusty grey bandanna around his neck and a very crappy pair of goggles for the harsh climates when having to fly.

History: Golden was born to a poor single mother in one of the more populous waystations.He was used to her doing odd jobs and coming back home in the middle of the night during random hours to support them both. Unbeknownst to his mother Golden took to acting like a poor starving beggar while his mom was away, trying often to steal what he could for their family to have extra and  survive, it wasn't a good life, but for both of them, it was the only life they had. She'd always tell him "You're so full of potential my love...you already make me so proud". When he was 12 his mother caught a sickness that was ravaging the waystation, all he could do was sit back and watch as her life drained day by day.

Thinking that if he could scrape up enough money he could pay a doctor or find some way to save her, he knew his small time pick pocketing wouldn't be enough. One day scavenging through a trash heap he saw the faint rusty handle of a broken looking pistol. Pulling it out and examining it further showed that it was indeed at the end of its life, but might have one or two more shots left in it. Stowing it in his bag to show his mom what he found. When he returned he found his mom's fever higher than its ever been before. While he stayed at her side,she knew her time was almost up, making him promise to her that he'd never use violence and make a name for himself, one that would make her proud, she fell to the sickness during that night, leaving him alone in the world.

Vowing to stick to that oath he made, he tried searching for odd jobs and scraping by, but he just couldn't find anything. The now starving orphaned Golden walked through the back alleys looking for something, any form of money, he was to old to continue pickpocketing, all it would do was cause him to become wanted by the guards which he avoided at all times. But his luck would soon change due to sheer coincidence as he wandered the streets a scream rang out from a nearby store, before the door busted open, a brown stallion bolting for his life the street and the sounds of commotion immediately filled the air, guards yelling, people running, turning to his left he saw a stallion run down an alley chased by several guards. Seeing this as his opportunity he followed, the guards rounded further into the back streets when he saw a panel shift out of place, the brown earth pony smiling wickedly as he escaped the guards with a simple move. The jangling sound of bits coming from the pony is all Golden needed to hear before he pulled the gun that he'd always kept in his bags out. The Brown pony turned and finally noticed the small stallion with the gun aimed directly at him. "...Do it kid, kill or be killed right?" Golden was surprised at this, the gun shaking in his hands, closing his eyes, his hands trembling he pulled the trigger... click, the old gun broke right there. Golden fell to his knees crying.

Surprised that this young stallion would have actually done it, the brown pony felt a small bit of nostalgia reminding him of his own past. "Commere kid, the names Iron Rod..." This was the first moment a bond between them were established, Iron took him in and taught him everything he knew, shooting, stealing, lying, you name it. There were two things that he emphasized over and over "Never trust anyone, and never take your eyes off your target..." Together they grew in notoriety, Golden working in the dark for iron, helping escapes, a well placed bullet in the back, but never being seen to draw wanting for himself.

Golden continued to learn with age, and iron grew careless, with a bounty on irons head, golden reminded iron firsthand of rule number one Never trust anyone. While iron slept Golden tied him up and took him to the guard wearhouse to collect the bounty. Exchanging his aged friend for enough money to buy two brand new shooters and the supplies he'd need as he set out on the wasteland alone, hunting down targets for anyone who needed it, never trying to get on the bad side of dusters or the law.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Man and i just found myself tearing up over an angel beats episode than i read this shit! /bwhy

Anyways its about time the group got a gunslinger, they'll need one. Your character is approved! Now go get yourself killed /rdsir

oh and your guns are in decent condition, they arent at risk of breaking anytime soon, but they could do with a tune up, which will increase your damage output some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Okay so with new character types being introduced, I think its time to introduce some additional lore of this world into the game just so you all have some more context to work with. Most of the time these informationals will be found at the bottom of my posts in game, but as there is nowhere to fit this in currently im doing one here. /lfancy

This informational will include additional history and the current status of both Changelings and Zebra:
Changelings- /changeling
Alright, so the changelings didn't fare well, at least not leading up to the current time. Ravaged by the prior apocalypses and driven to practically cause one of their own by their own endless hunger, the changelings are almost a relic or a bad story. At least 97% of the changeling survivors have become something worse, OR practically mindless husks completely driven by their endless hunger. You might have better luck finding an intact bit coin from before any of the apocalypses happened than finding a (relatively) healthy and sane changeling. Not many even remember that changelings exist, as they now are only spoken of in rumours. Being so rare, Changelings corpses and hides are bought for a high price and non-feral ones are even more valuable as sex slaves due to their ability to become anypony at any time.

After the first two apocalypses and the majority of the nations were pretty beat up, the changelings tried a global conquest once again. The horde infested and charged through the lands, eventually ending their march in the Zebra lands with horrible consequences. The dwindled population of the other races was much lower than the changeling queen predicted and there simply wasn't enough to feed the enlarged and battle ready horde. Quickly, the changeling nation fell apart to their hunger, devouring everything they could and then themselves, regardless of their queens commands and following pleas to stop. The following apocalypses all but destroyed or mutated what poor excuses for survivors were left and while the queen is rumored to still be alive as a hollow shell of the monarch she used to be, it's a completely unknown myth as the hivemind was destroyed. Many of the old changelings have been turned into pained screaming abominations of their former selves, these changelings are known as the Flesh Mounds.

(Please remember a good deal of this is meta info only here to supply context for the non-meta info.) /spmoney

Zebras- /zhappy
Zebras history go pretty close in hand with the changelings, which is one of the reasons im doing both of these together. True zebras are also extraordinarily hard to find, as their entire homeland was wiped out by the changelings. Of course, there were still quite a few who made it out of their lands as not every zebra lived in Zebrica. So most zebra are dead, and the ones left have been without a true home for centuries now. Like most forms of magic, Zebra magic has been pretty much lost over the ages but unlike all the other species, they have actually been able to retain their skills in herbal remedies and their druidic nature even though the meaning and purpose behind this has been pretty much lost as well. Zebras are natural Druids and are able to live off the land much easier than most ponies, however they are not quite as hardy as the standard earth pony and lack the raw strength of a Saddle Arabian. The zebra are considered a rare species but not quite a unique one, while the species may be near extinction, they still look very similar to the standard earth pony and so their value is solely found in their unique fur.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Name: Verde Tin
Background: Ex-Duster
Specialty: Arsenalist
Arsenal: One bolt-action 11.43x195mm 4x scoped rifle (med. degradation). One 11.43x35mm six-chamber revolver (med. degradation). "Mk XVIII combat barding" (her term for it) consisting of basic barding with a roughly symmetrical array of metal plates integrated into it and matched saddlebags hanging over her flanks and her shoulders (hvy degradation). Various scavenged and jury-rigged tools suitable for scavenging work, along with top-of-the-line firearm maintenance tools.

Backstory: Verde Tin is the only daughter of a wasteland arsenalist named Viridian Rain who, in her youth, had fallen in with a pack of Dusters and because of a natural gift for scavenging and mechanical work, became their official grease monkey and fixer of things. Although she wasn't a leader and never even tried to rise in the hierarchy of the gang, being the mare who made their weapons fail less often than rivals and actually shoot straight (most of the time) made her indispensable and gave her a sort of indirect power to make even the leader of the moment step a little more lightly around her. The closest thing to a bookworm that could be found in the post-apocalyptic wastes, she was also unusually intelligent for being associated with a vicious criminal gang, and much of her success was that she was literate and could sort of understand how the pieces of junk she gathered worked and how she could make them work better.

Even with her implicit power, Viridian was still a mare among vicious and amoral thugs and quickly learned the survival skill of enduring being a drunk raider's sex toy from time to time, and patiently planning out a way to make an example of them later to deter further abuse... until the next one became drunk enough to forget the lesson. She was also shielded by a certain Darwinian effect: the raiders most liable to rape her were also so violent and reckless that various accidents and ingesting anything to give them a buzz effectively sterilized them. There was only one time that Viridian actually permitted a Duster to rut her, and it was because he'd taken power and kept power by being the strongest, cruelest, and smartest... and that spelled "strong genes". Moreover, this leader became invested in the foal growing in her and did what the alpha male of any pack had done since the beginning of time: protected his bloodline. Verde was the result of this union and the aging Viridian had essentially created her own successor, to keep her position in the gang "in the family" so to speak.

Being the get of the leader and of the unofficial second in command didn't make Verde's childhood easier. In fact, it probably made it harder--and made her harder as well. The filly grew up very fast in the abusive, violent, terrifying world of the dusters and it became clear in not too long of time that Verde's mechanical mind was even more refined than that of her mother. But what she lacked was her mother's cautious nature and she largely disregarded the need for politics and respect for position, and as the filly became an older teenager, it was clear that some sort of dramatic break between her and her fellow dusters was only a matter of time. Although she was more than a little arrogant, Verde was not a stupid girl and she saw the freight train barreling down the tracks just as clearly as her mother and sire did and she decided that the best solution to a bunch of drunk, violent fiends itching to teach her a lesson was to teach them a lesson first. A run-in between the fanatic religiously-zealous technophilic Mechanists and her Duster group provided a chance to do just this, and Verde rapidly improvised a plan. Although she wasn't supposed to be in the fight, Verde skirted the peripheries and found a Mechanist with a exquisitely-designed long rifle taking down Dusters. Crazed and supplied with fantastic weapons the Mechanists were but their necks snapped easily and Verde took her prizes: the long rifle, as much ammunition as the Mechanist was carrying, and the tools required to maintain the beautiful weapon. Although the dead pony was carrying quite a bit more than just these, Verde discerned that fantastic weapons required fantastic efforts to maintain and chose to take only one of the arsenal; that the other Mechanists were shooting at her by the time she field-stripped the body was even more persuasive.

Verde returned to find that the Mechanists had been clever enough to pick out the ponies in the fight who were keeping the Dusters organized and effective, and just like that she lost the protection of her sire and mother both. The Dusters finally had nothing to stop them from taking out their wounded pride at being slapped down by religious nutbars on the arrogant little bitch who'd been poking them in the eye since she could walk and talk. Verde, on the other hoof, finally had no reason to confine herself to pissing the Dusters off and the sober ones ate her mother's six-shooter first. Being drunk made the Dusters mean but also stupid and more importantly to Verde, abysmal shots and so with every useful possession of her parents that she could cram into a saddlebag, Verde disappeared into the wastes, a mare with a head for machines, a natural intellectual curiosity, the singular skill of literacy, a unique weapon--and absolutely no scruples.

Verde thus became an ex-Duster, reasoning that once her group sobered up they'd spread word of her, but she lost none of their inclinations towards violence, immorality, and criminality. Whatever put money in her bags was fair game: mercenary work, theft, even a little slaving, all of which she did and did with a smile. But crime ultimately didn't pay nearly enough for her. You got a few bucks and then there was a dry spell, and being a criminal meant that the scrap piles of respectable waystations were out of her hooves. So Verde took off, heading towards the most distant point she could think of, trying to outrun Dusters, Mechanists, and the past that would prove most inconvenient if it ever found her again...

Last edited by DualThrone on Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Your character is good, but im hesitant to give you two guns and armor as well. The lever action rifle is already an incredibly rare weapon and your also asking for it to start in good condition as well. The main drawback of being an ex-duster is shit equipment and thats kind of their whole deal.... so heres the deal, you can either keep the lever-action but lose the six shooter and the armor and it will be in good condition and also your scope is only 2.5x nonvariable (a repeating rifle is a very powerful weapon in this game and variable scopes not really a thing anymore, i'll let you make them later if you experiment enough with it though) or you get the six shooter in okay condition and combat barding with rusted through metal plating.

While it is nice your givin me size of the rounds its not really necessary, you know the bullets dont use casings anymore, you literall just shove whatever fits into your gun and that becomes your ammo. most commonly you will use ball shot, but you can make or buy rifled rounds as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:50 pm

The rifle isn't a lever-action, it's a bolt-action. For one thing, the size of the rounds makes a lever-action all but impossible because it couldn't really fit them in the tube, and the recoil would make the gun unmanageable and remove the point of having a lever-action in the first place. I specified the size of the rounds to give some ideas of its limitations (one bullet in the chamber at a time, needs to be cycled via a bolt) and its power (far more than other guns, it'd have a one-shot one-kill capacity). Besides all that, even when muzzle-loading firearms were in vogue, they still used specified sizes of ammunition.

The last bit you're saying to me, though, makes no sense to me. How could guns in this world require no propellant and yet have a differentiation that only makes sense for weapons that use propellant? I'd much prefer to discuss this personally with you in Skype or something when I get home in 2 hours if you don't mind.

So... stay tuned?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Quadro

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Oh! hey it does say bolt-action.... my bad. You were talkin about lever-action before so i assumed.... need to stop doing that/ but yeah skype is fine we can work out your equipment there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Notebook

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:59 am

I will be signing up [url=Sweeps/Elsi]http://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk/t12p285-brand-new-oc-character-thread]Sweeps/Elsi[/url][/url] they are modified from the original chsracter though.

(Rather than separate souls Sweeps & Elsi are a duo in one mind or a split personality (Elsi being erased with her memories leaving Sweeps). The Broom and Pitchfok are acquired. Lastly, Sweeps for myself will be referred to as male, however his hysical body is female, and I'd like other players to portray him as such.)

Equipment: Broom (Condition: Bruised and battered, but intact), Pitchfork (Condition: Has seen better day, buts still sharp and sturdy), Muscle Webbing (Condition: Intact, working order.)
--------

Backstory:

No recollection of who, what, where, when, or why. Just the taste of bad liquor. The griffon awoke unknowing of what happened, why a part of (her)his head felt hollow? Why was a HE in a female body? Things confused him(her), however he found no reason to complain. (S)He was alive. He also planned to stay that way, but this new world was something he would have to learn. He wandered for 5 days to find a sign of life something like him. (S)He passed many small tiny patches of vegetation here and there, (s)he relied of what his body told him what to and not to do, and finally made it to a way point. Where did he spawn from? The large... Thing behind him? He had a life connection to it, he knew it, but he couldn't remember how, or what it was. Over the next five days he traveled, making use of his muscle webbing, of which he quickly became aware of, to reach the next way point. 
  Traveling became a Necessity to Sweeps over time as he became more and more intrenched into this new world, caring not for the last one. He had found a calling and a broom, of which he had stolen from a Duster camp while the dusters slept. It had been his only weapon since he had had no money. It had worked fine as a blunt weapon, and earned him the name Sweeps, from the fact he fought with it. However, a broom is never a practical weapon, for forever. Over several two years Sweeps did odd jobs to figure things out. He learned as he worked, earned currency, learned how to work the market a bit. He tried to fight from reflex, reteach himself in this time. And over time he became a bit more natural with fighting. Still no paragon of war as they were still rather lacking in what in tartarus he was actually doing, but some of it had returned. Growing tired of staying one place Sweeps left the town with a decently intact broom, a solid iron pitchfork he bought from a farming vendor. With this and enough money to sustain himself for a few food supplies here and there.
   Having left the way-point, Sweeps needed to figure out what to do now. Sweeps wondered for nearly a month before he reached his decision, find a companion, or group. Traveling companions even if just for a short time, explore the land, and possibly, just possibly, become enlightened.

Last edited by The Notebook on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:48 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)   

Back to top Go down

Sign-Up: The Land of Fire and Iron (Post-Apocalyptic/Steampunk RP)(Survival, gore, violence)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next