OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Prevention or Cure

Go down 
+10
Lorthalis of Crows
Zen
Two Sides of the Coin
Sharp
eqbotanium
Brony_Khaos
WiserOdin032402
Chowatron
Pseudologia Fantastica
Ician
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ician

Ician

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:45 pm

For many years now, excepting the occasional supervillain outbreak, Equestria had been a very peaceful place. But recently, for the first time in forever, somepony without world-breaking superpowers had been causing havoc for a while. Enough so that the media had been permitted to make a big deal out of it, and enough to attract a large crowd to the Supreme Court in Canterlot for the day of the trial. From the personnel on Celestia's staff - for the Princess herself was overlooking this trial - to the myriad guards, both Lunar and Solar, standing alongside the massive double doors of the Court building, to the waiting ponies of all social levels standing outside, there was a huge conglomeration of ponies in the area. All of whom were focused on the Court, despite not knowing what was going on inside.

Sin Ester. That was the name of the accused. He was responsible for all sorts of acts, like releasing a massive swarm of parasprites into the princess's personal chambers and robbing the second largest bank in Canterlot. New charges had surfaced, however, on counts of murder, kidnapping, unlawful experimentation... the list went on. It was almost certain that he would get a guilty verdict, but exactly how guilty was the question.

In any case, the trial was due to end soon, and the answer would soon be made clear.

- For Khaos only -

Wherever Azrael was, no matter what he was doing, several tongues of orange-yellow flame would swirl into existence beside him and coalesce into a piece of paper. On it was scribbled only one name: Sin Ester.

I'm sorry this took so long, everyone, but PoC is finally up. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or contact me on the Cloudsdale chat or Skype. I may be going easy on the descriptives when I feel a little out of it, so if you need any info about surrounding terrain then asking me about it is a good choice.

Also, this is now the time for OC introductions. I would advise that you start your character off in the crowd, though if you want to be anywhere else just ask me about it and I'll factor you in. Midnight, your character is a guard so she can be guarding the doors; Pariah, yours is Celestia's secretary so she can be at the doors too. I'll tell you more about it over PM.

Khaos, you know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Pseudologia Fantastica

Pseudologia Fantastica

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:21 am

Near the middle of the crowd, Honed Edge was listening intently to their surroundings for sign of a verdict.  At first glance, their height and build gave them the appearance of a stallion, and her intentionally low voice with her few careful enunciations of "Pardon me, I need to be closer." did very little to dispel that notion.  She was present at the verdict mostly out of boredom.  She was... between jobs at the moment, as it was difficult to find a major war to take a side of.  For now.  This meant a combination of poverty and boredom for a time.  She could deal with boredom, but starvation was difficult to recover from.  So she had come to Canterlot in seek of shelters and soup kitchens, and had encountered this as a bonus.  What fortune.  It was a shame she hadn't been present for the capturing of Sin Ester, or for the trial.  It would have been interesting to have spoken to him.  A shame.  But for now, this would stave off a bit of boredom until she could find a war.

Last edited by Pseudologia Fantastica on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Midnightblossom

Midnightblossom

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:50 am

Midnight looked back at the court, at Sin Ester. Countless crimes, and he was being accused of a every single one of them. Midight couldn't help but shake her head.
Being a Criminal meant such events would occur, this was undeniable. The main difference in her opinion, between a good criminal and a criminal, was if you got caught or how well you were known for what you do. And Sin Ester had gotten too big for his own boots.

Midnight was standing with a small squad of fellow Lunar Guards, her duties was to ensure no group members go aggressive and to keep as much control as they could. Don't want any civilians attacking the criminal, no matter how much they desired. She'd been standing guard for a while now, and nothing had actually happened. In some ways, she was thankful that she was separated from the Solar guards. The relationship between the guards was tense at best, due to Solar guards disliking how Lunar guards were taking over a large amounts of their duties.

"Please stay in an orderly fashion" yelled Midnight, hoping to keep the crowd calm until the Royal Sisters passed down their judgement to the defendant. "Pushing and shoving will not help any of you"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:30 am

Well above the court house and the collection of ponies that were amassed there for the trial, a lone thing that generally passed for a pegasi looked down from his cloud perch. His golden hourglass pupil'd eyes were constantly darting between the dots that marked the various guard ponies surrounding the place and the building itself. The grin on his face was incredibly intense, bordering on the look of manic and fully revealed the set of pointed teeth he sported. With a simple notion, the thing spread it's oddly structured wings and began hovering but still above the cloud so his shadow would fall on it rather than far below where it could give away his position.

Up here it was so much more peaceful, the winds tugging at his bright red trench coat and large brimmed floppily pointed hat. Trying to work it's chill past it and the dark clothing he had under it. The two bandoleers strapped acrossed his chest with already prepared tricks of his own custom design jingled lightly together with the sudden shift in movement, and the sickle swords that hung at his waist tried to gleam in the scraps of sunlight that worked their ways past his coat through the open front. He was even sporting some light armor, though this wouldn't do too much against what he expected to be facing once the act began.

As he hovered there, waiting for the moment he'd set up, an errant thought worked it's way into his mind. "Heh, I didn't even get this prepared when I attacked the void knights. Though, that was a lot more on impulse, I was a lot more pissed, and I've picked up a few new tricks since then, he thought to himself with a chuckle in a brief moment of nostalgia. With the softer grin on his face, Zen reached out a hoof and it seemed to disappear into a hole that opened before it. From this opening, he withdrew a long piece of black metal, with a large cruelly curved, double edged, and rune inscribed blade on one end and a heavy looking spike on the other.

With the large scythe in hoof, Zen's grin shifted one more time to a cheshire form as his gaze shifted to the other clouds in the sky. Several over them had small collections of softly glowing crystals and paper inside them, just waiting for the pegasi's little trick to set off that trap. Then Zen's gaze went to the trees and buildings that loosely surrounded the court house, where a second trap was setup. Sure it'd taken time to set up, but if it all played out, he'd have over a dozen ways of getting out of and away with this stunt, and at least a quarter of them would have Sin Ester with him. Finally Zen's gaze traveled back to the court house where a few more of his traps were set up. There was even the main trigger, the thing that was due to start this whole chain of events that he was so eagerly awaiting.

Then another errant thought ran through his head. "Huh, there's a chance this might have actually been all for naught... If all he gets is some jail time, then all that preparation might have been for nothing at all...nah, if he's given a light sentence, then this'll just be for fun after the case, hehehe he thought happily to himself with another chuckle. "Still though," Zen's gaze went towards the path that the guards would take to get Sin back to the jail, as well as the possible alternates. It's always good to be prepared, he continued thinking back once more to the sheer amount of preparation he'd gone through for this. One would almost wonder if he was even doing this for Sin any more and not for just some crazy fascination with trying to see how badly he could mess with the guard and royalty.

Eh, either way, any minute now the doors would be opened and the verdict would be announced. Then Zen would know which way to continue his plans, whether he acted and disarmed the surprise he'd rigged up, or if he were to let it go off and spring this strategist's nightmare he called a plan. No matter what happened, it was sure to be fun, now if only the anticipation didn't kill him before anypony else got the chance. Zen was so excited, that he barely noticed when one side of the blade of his scythe started to glow as one of the two runes began to gather energy.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 9:38 am

Cynthia Clause sighed and brushed a rebellious strand of her silver mane out of her eye, her eyes scanning the sizeable crowd that had gathered. "Damn..." She muttered, writing several notes on a clipboard. "I didn't expect this many ponies to show... I should have brought more guards." She sighed and circled a note several times, glancing at the skies. "I hope those reserves are still in place." Her dark red coat shone in the sunlight, standing near the top of the stairs, as her position dictated. "Also, why the bloody hell do I not get any guards?" She asked no-one in particular.

She looked down at the crowd again before facing the courthouse. "At least they're not throwing things... Sin Ester... Are you guilty?" She muttered sadly, before turning to the crowd again. "I guess we'll see..."
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 12:20 pm

As Timbea stood in the crowd as one of the onlookers, she didn't believe it. The name of the defendant seemed like an alias. The pony on trail was not a real pony. Such a list of accusations against him that it would be impossible not to hate him. The fact that this pony was real was not one that passed through her mind. She wished she could be in the room with such a pony, to talk with him. There was always a sound reason. Ponies were logical creatures, there were things which could be called irrational but that could just mean they had one piece of information everypony else had. Trials like this were stupid. They were more concerned about actions than motive. She was more than willing to sully her good name defending him and draw and ire that was wholly reasonable for defending the misunderstood. She could think of a few things that would render the whole case null, like maybe he never got his rights read to him on arrest? She didn't know Equestrian law well enough, and even if did, she wasn't even a citizen of Equestria, so she never had a chance of being in that room. He would get a sentence and the investigation investigation into him would end with the case.She lowered her head, closed her eyes and winced at that thought.

The trail would end soon, but she didn't want to be there to hear it. It would be the talk of the town, and if she somehow missed it, there would be a headline the next day. She knew the size of  crowds and the chance of something bad happening were directly proportionate to one another. A smart pony had told her that once and she trusted that conclusion. She was compiled to help the pony on trial, but not enough to do anything drastic. She slowly backed her way out of the crowd, letting the ponies that were happy to move forward do so. Now would honestly be a good time to enter a small shop. There'd be her and one other pony. Great customer service. As she moved further further and further back out of the crowd, she thought about what she might need that Canterlot was selling.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:53 pm

A unicorn wearing a silk overcoat and a massive hat stood outside of the courtroom. He had a greatbow on his back and a variety of strange weapons in a 'quiver' of sorts. Around him stood six unicorns, carrying halberds and wearing armor polished to look silver. He looked at the crowd of ponies with disdain. They were all here to see the trial of a criminal who by all rights should have his head separated from his body. They were really here for Sin Ester in case he was acquitted of his crimes rather than found guilty, they would have his head, and then they would vanish. If he was found guilty and led out, they were here to prevent anyone stupid from trying to rescue him. Either way, they would see justice by the end of the day. Diamond didn't like a single piece of this situation. Too many ponies out here, many of the potentially rescuers to be killed. Killing ponies left a bad taste in his mouth, but it was always something that had to be done. If a riot broke out, the Silver Knights were overkill for a situation like this, but it was better than letting the guard try to handle it. Diamond scanned the area for dissidents, praying to Celestia he wouldn't have to hurt anyone.
Back to top Go down
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 12:51 am

Azrael Azazel; a name utterly unheard of amongst those who actually cared a salt lick about anything important, whose only seconds of fame were reserved for those few times he'd been on stage in Canterlot and his troupe had actually managed to secure some kind of respectable venue. Given that said troupe was desperate enough to hire ponies whose talents had little to nothing to do with the art of theatre, this was almost assuredly an uncommon occurrence.

But to Azrael now, what mattered most was justice, and the meting out thereof. So when the parchment popped into existence next to the robed pony taking a casual stroll through one of Canterlot's parks, he didn't hesitate for a moment before grabbing it from the air and reading it in silence, a look of grim determination crossing his brow below his scarred forehead. He scowled at the words, but it did little to sooth his mind.
As he left the park, he was already preparing. Today, the Archangel would sing.
And on this night, they will praise my heroism and purity. I shall not back down; this cancer upon our fair land must be..removed.

The courthouse looked as lovely as usual as Celestia's sun shone down upon it. It was a loverly day to just sit outside, enjoying the sun. Well, unless you were one of the guards who had to look in the vague direction of the earth pony who decided to just plop down on the ground not too far from the courthouse doors, having forcibly shoved his way through the crowd. It wasn't the brown, woolen cloak wrapped around his body, some sort of supremely arrogant stance he assumed, or anything like that.
It had more to do with the large scar on his forehead, a little scrunched up at the moment but still altogether a horrible thing to see on a pony. But then he smiled and oh wait that doesn't help at all, now he's just a smiling center of horribly-scarred-pony-ness.
Then again, Azrael was having a merry old time in that head of his, wondering just how wondrous today would go. In fact, he was having such a merry old time that he began to hum, a happy little tune, but completely nonsense, when it came down to it.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 11:45 pm

Sophie stands at the edge of the crowd, made extremely nervous by all the ponies. 'Tartarus be merciful, one of the might try to talk to me!' She shivers, backing off further. I've has only arrived for supplies, and now this unnecessary trial is taking place! don't see the problem.. experiments to further the causes of knowledge, no matter what their nature, were surely desirable after all. And anyone killed? How was that a problem? Honestly, its like these ponies can't speak to spirits at all!

Shaking her head of such thoughts, Sophie walks out of the area to look around for a vendor. Perhaps within the market new plants could be found to add to her garden. She pauses, briefly, to look back at the trial. 'Although... This event could possibly have repercussions. Perhaps I should take measures to keep ahead of new events.' Sophie directs a spirit to watch over the trial, hidden within a wall. That being done, she turns back to the markets, trying to find a vendor not attending the trial.
Back to top Go down
eqbotanium

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 6:40 am

Eqbot stood at the edge of the crowd, his shiny metal 'coat' glinting in the light. The bot had briefly considered putting on some clothes in an attempt to avoid hindering the executioners in this fashion, but promptly dismissed this idea upon inspecting his clothes stash. Clothes equals zero. The bot occasionally irritated himself in this fashion, by thinking short snippets of code at himself. Itself. Whatever he was. He'd yet to forge that out for himself, but for simplicity and ease of writing, Eqbot would be referred to as a male. Anyway, Eqbot would probably have looked like a common homeless pony if he had biological functions that would naturally dirty him. However, due to this lack of faculties, he looked fairly respectable, despite his mane being fairly unkempt.
The robot, he finally admitted to himself after having stood in attendance of this execution for a good while, had no real reason to be here. Of course, he had no reason to be elsewhere, and he wasn't exactly supposed to be anywhere. "Sin Ester," The bot mused to himself. "Hum. I guess the Equestrian Empire finally has some sort of normal, sensible criminal. The superpowered ones were getting a bit dull, I suppose." Eqbot spoke with a sort of calm, sensible air. Why, if he were dressed up nice, one might even mistake him for some sort of dignitary or other royal or political figure. But, in the big picture, Eq was just another face in the crowd. Not particularly important, much like any of the other filler ponies that made up this crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 7:15 am

“Get. Out. Of. The. Way!” Ampera growled at a group of ponies in front of her. “Bloody trials. Getting in the way of my damned morning routine--- The nerve!” she thought to herself, roughly shoving her way through the group.  One pony out of the aforementioned  had the audacity of telling Ampera to watch where she was going… To which she responded with a simple “Buck you, asshat.” and continued on her very merry way.  Upon reaching the group proper, it occurred to Ampera that shoving wasn’t going to cut it…. So, being the perfectly sane pony she is, and knowing full well what happens when she uses teleportation magic, she begins to charge a simple teleportation spell. A few seconds of charging… some electrical cackling… and what could be described as a mini-explosion complete with lightning, a booming thunder, and slight singeing of the immediate area around her person,  Ampera appeared at the other side of the crowd.

“... Why the hell didn’t I just do that in the first place?” she grumbled to herself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=accenture
Xereth

Xereth

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 3:58 pm

On the ceiling above the crowd in front of the doors, that was waiting for the verdict, a tiny portal opened, but was completely unheard thanks to all the chatter going on. The blue portal was dimly glowing, and was barely big enough for a pony's hoof, yet big enough for someone to look through it and see what he needed to see. Scythe Spin. He was waiting in the mountain cave above Canterlot, somewhere where nopony could possibly find him, while he was looking through his portal and waiting. His scythe was leaning against his side, waiting to be used. "Come on..." Scythe said to himself. "Announce the verdict already, god damnit..."
Back to top Go down
Midnightblossom

Midnightblossom

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Midnight turned to her contagion of Lunar Guards. They would be sufficient here, they were her team and she trusted them to keep order. She turned to her second-in-command.
"Corporal, keep order here. I need to move for a bit" she said, before hearing, and seeing, something that resembled an explosion. She gave two of her guards the nod, and the Thestrals' started moving towards where the explosion took place, while a third moved towards to where he saw another flash of light.

Trusting in the judgement of her troops, Midnight left her guards and moved towards another pony, one she'd been ordered to keep a close eye on. Cynthia Clause, that's the mares name. Midnight's eyes quickly locked onto the Earth Pony. Red coat with a Silver mane, she did stand out quite a bit, but that wasn't a bad thing. Midnight chuckled to herself, of all ponies to comment on one sticking out, she shouldn't be the one. After all, she did have bat-like wings in a society that it was more common to see the feathered appendages than wings like hers.

She finally came close to the other mare, and glanced at the large crowd behind them, before letting out a low whistle to alert Clause she was there.
"Mrs Clause. Sergeant Midnight at your service. The crowd seems relatively tamed, given the nature of the display. Still, I wouldn't count on it forever. Are the reinforcements in position Ma'am?" She asked. While Midnight doubted Clause had more authority than herself, her orders was to ensure her safety. According to her information, she was important to Princess Celestia and hence, a Very Important Pony.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 3:13 am

Sophie pauses as she's leaving, turning back to the building. Now that she thought about it, it didn't make sense in her mind. 'This doesn't seem right, nor fair.... They will almost certainly declare him guilty, and from the reactions of the crowd, death will be the likely outcome. Such a waste of a mind. Experimentation.... Spirits, I require council.
Unseen to those not Sophie, a cluster of spirits gathered around her, debating in languages new and forgotten. A verdict was reached. Plans were made. Sophie turns back to the crowd, but her friends take the path she abandoned. She already had most of what she needed, but a little safety blanket wouldn't hurt.
Quietly, she began reorganizing her saddlebags. There was a great deal of preparation to be done, with much that could go wrong.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:42 am

"Hmmm?" Cynthia looked up from her clipboard, regarding Midnight quietly. "Oh yes, they do, don't they. I'm surprised really, thought it would have been more violent. Though, I'm sure there are those amongst the crowd who wish to kill Sin." She smiled for a moment before shaking her head. "Damn it... Tell me something Sergeant. What do you think of this farce?"

Without really waiting for a response, Cynthia nodded in response to her question. "They should be. At this rate we may need them too." Cynthia paused as she waited for Midnight's response, writing something else on her clipboard, before studying Midnight quietly.
Back to top Go down
Midnightblossom

Midnightblossom

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Midnight was curious about Cynthia, the mare seemed to be a quiet kind, such actions often promoted an idea about social fear and struggles operating in reality occasionally. However, the same couldn't be applied to Cynthia, after all, she was regarded highly and so there must be something she wasn't aware off. Then again, Cynthia worked for Princess Celestia, and Midnight for Princess Lunar. They wouldn't normally associate with the other due to their different positions in the castle.

"Surely that can't come as a surprise. Sin Ester is seen as the face of crime, and some think that he deserves death no matter what the sentence they are given. But that's why we are here, to ensure no pony takes the law into their own hooves" she said simply, which really wasn't impossible to notice.

Midnight couldn't help but shake her head "It's a public display to show off, nothing more is what I think Ma'am. It is near certain the Princesses will declare him guilty and lock him up for good. Really, it feels like all this does is give Sin Ester the attention he wants, along with a strong decree of what not to do as a criminal" Midnight glanced over at Cynthia, who was looking at her. Midnight couldn't help but feel slightly unnerved, but shook the feeling off.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 2:43 pm

As all the events were going on outside, the huge door creaked open just slightly - very, very slightly - and a brown-coated Solar guard unicorn, clothed in the standard gold-coloured armour of Celestia's guard, peeked his head out and looked at Cynthia and Midnight. "The verdict is about to be announced." He said softly, looking between the two of them. "Calm the crowd down, and prepare to hold them back if they protest. If things get out of hand, disperse them nonviolently. Orders from the Princess."

He looked at them, then the crowd. "Any chaos must be dealt with as soon as possible. I'll leave it to the two of you." After that, he closed the door just as slightly and returned the group of them to their thoughts.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 2:59 pm

Diamond was the first to hear the order from the guard, being right next to the door, he then made a head gesture, and the Silver Knights went into formation. He approached Cynthia and Midnight, Silver Knights in tow. "Ahem. We shall take over from here. Knowing the rather poor record of the guard, the Silver Knights are better suited to keeping the crowd away from the court. I sorely hope you both can control the crowd, unless of course, you want me to call more Silver Knights here? I can always arrange that."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Scythe continued watching and listening through his small portal. "Ahh.. so it will be announced soon, huh? Let's see how this turns out.." he said and chuckled, looking away from the portal for a quick moment to check if everything around him is okay before going back to watching. "It's a surprise no one from the crowd has seen me yet.. though, that's a good thing."
Back to top Go down
Two Sides of the Coin

Two Sides of the Coin

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 4:01 pm

There was commotion, an endless of ponies standing between him and the way out of the town. The living beside him had no idea what they were dealing with. They were all oblivious to the presence of a dead pony wandering among them. Stuck in this world was harsh enough for anyone but when he stole that body from the necromancer then everything went down hill from there. His red eyes darted between all the ponies around, scanning each and everyone to make sure that none would know of his past.

One foal nearby pointed at him "mommy why is he so strange?" the mother of the foal put down his hoof before turning to Dirge "I am sorry sir." Dirge just shrugged at her comment "What is there to be sorry about? He is just a foal after all." Dirge spoke blatantly but resolutely in his voice "Just remember, every stallion has feelings on the inside." Dirge pointed to his heart before moving on in the crowd, the heavy laden soul and body of Dirge maneuvered between the ponies that were surrounding the court house.

The guards outside spoke of a final verdict that would be delivered to the people but that would only mean that a high crime had been committed. Peaking his interest a little to much he got closer, weaving his way past groups of ponies that stuffed the square. Dirge's eyes were narrowed on the door but he slowly moved past Sophie, his spirit wasn't completely insync with his body so it might have caused a disturbance for her. Stopping just short of the guard and the pony telling of the Sliver Knights.

Politely he stood by the guards asking softly "I am new in town and saw this crowd outside of the courthouse. Is there any sort of big trial or civil case that has everyone so worked up." His eyes darted between the three of them, always on the watch he wouldn't let his guard down for anyone. It was to important that he should live on.
Back to top Go down
Darth Quadro

Darth Quadro

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Tylus sat outside the courthouse along the side wall pressed up against the side of the wall. He was in a small dug out he had made himself to camp out in as he listened to the entirety of the court procession. He was tucked away behind thick bushes and underneath the cover of the shadow of the building. As extra precautions he had also cast Shadow and hide presence on himself some time ago to make sure no pony just happened upon seeing or sensing. A runic circle had also been drawn with chalk on the side of the wall, a simple spell that allowed the muffled noise coming from the other side to rework itself into comprehensible sounds that were then transmitted directly into his head so that he may listen in on every conversation in the entire room all at once as if he were standing next to those ponies. It was a bit overkill but some of the best info in court cases came not from the judge or jury but from the onlookers and witnesses of the courts proceedings.

Tylus couldn’t honestly care less about this criminal called “Sin Ester”, whose name was quite frankly utterly ridiculous, which was saying something coming from someone called “The Mute”. He was only here because Sin Ester was a popular topic in canterlot currently and everypony wanted to know everything about this guy. So of course Tylus would need to learn everything first so he can sell the information back to all those lazy ass trend setting ponies who wanted to feel like they were more informed than anypony else. To be fair though, if they were able to get ahold of Tylus in the first place and were now being informed by him then they were more informed than everypony else.

Tylus had been here literally all day setting this up as he knew drawing the listening circle was gonna take a while and digging out a comfortable wyrm nest also took some time as well so at this point Tylus was exceedingly bored. However, his patience was legendary and had waited like this for longer for far less interesting information; so he had to be as patient as a rock, it was his job. However, the dragopony had been sensing some strange things going on in and around this court house. He knew this case was getting everypony riled up but this was a bit weird. For one he did feel the use of magic taking place far above the court house but it was useless speculating on that one since it was so far in the air he wouldn’t know what it was doing until it happened anyways, but it did make him glad he chose not to try and blend into the crowd. Another sustained magic use was currently in the works directly above the court house a bit closer than the other one. Tylus imagined that it was some sort of variation to a scry spell so that whoever it is wouldn’t have to be there in person so this didn’t really concern tylus and chose to ignore it for now. There was also a small explosion in the court room which made him think that somepony had finally lost it and started to riot, but not much else followed that explosion except the movement of armoured hoofsteps which were obviously the guards, so this led him to believe that somepony had just used a very poor teleportation spell and hadn’t worked out how to stop burning everything around them with every use. Tylus had also listened in on the conversations taking place between guards, which seemed that there were tensions rising between different guard regimens, which may be useful to know later as it seemed some holier-than-thou silver knights were trying to throw their weight around at the other guards. Tylus also found it strange at how many lunar guards had made an appearance here, as this was usually solar guard jurisdiction as it was still daytime.

It was finally announced that the jury would be returning along with the princesses with the final verdict soon. This was a relief as Tylus had started to feel cramped. He kinda wished he had made a dug out for himself at the jury room as well, but that room was well guarded and protected. While Tylus was certain he could get in, he didn’t have any immediate buyers for this information so he felt it wasn’t worth the hassle, as it would have probably required him to come here the day before to set up. The last thing Tylus heard was some idiot who seemed to be entirely clueless of to where he was or what he was doing, and apparently he was pretty ugly or something to as according to some foal he was near. Although this will probably end up getting interesting as he just went to hassle the ever so important Silver knights whose entire reason for being there seemed completely unnecessary, as despite what the knights may believe tylus’s info shows that the solar and lunar guards to be quite capable when need be, which has always been a pain in the ass whenever he had to sneak into highly secured areas.

[OOC: Ician, Can you msg me on skype i'd like to ask you a few questions about this rp?]
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Sophie grimaces. 'I don't like the look of some of those guards... This will be very difficult.'
At her silent call, spirits begin gathering. They would not be perceivable by most, as they had not yet materialized. For now, they simply awaited further instructions. Sophie calls upon one spirit to begin scouting the area, while other probe the boundaries of the Dimension Lock on the court building.
Several spirits of a different type begin arraying around her, while she has a few more scope out potential threats.
Sophie ducks behind a corner, and holds a small wreathe of various herbs up. A spirit, a diplomat executed on a lie, presses her forehead to the wreath as Sophie lights it on fire.
"Go, Steel Rope, find me allies in this conflict."
She spirit flies off into the sky.
Back to top Go down
Midnightblossom

Midnightblossom

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:27 am

With the door opening, Midnight turned to see the solar guard exit. A solar guard, she was really beginning to question why they weren't out here in numbers and had called in her guard teams to provide security. It wasn't their style, since all the arguments revolving around guard duties and the Solar guards distrust of the Lunar guards to do their job. But for whatever the reason, they had given a lot of authority to Midnight specifically, which confused her.

At the orders, Midnight saluted the other guard, out of necessity more than respect, then the stallion left and Midnight felt dread. Why was those orders specifically given, unless something bad was predicted to happen? Maybe it was a bad omen, maybe she was over-thinking it, but whatever it was, it left a bad taste in her mouth.

Turning back to the crowd, she wondered how to get the crowd to listen to her. She doubted yelling since she wasn't that loud, but it might be her only option. But that's when she noticed a pony, a stallion, move his head. While some might see it as odd she picked up on it, perhaps it was because of the bow that pony  had, or that fact he was surrounded by unicorns in white armor. But her eyes tracked them as they made a formation around her. It was perhaps a scare tactic, but Midnight hoped these ponies were as stupid as to attack the Lunar guard in plain sight.

At the ponies suggestion that THEY work security, Midnight couldn't help but scoff at him. She knew she was meant to be acting civil, but such an idea! She took a long, deep breath, before looking the pony in the eye and shaking her head.
"Diamond, isn't it? I recognize you from the castle. While you have nobility to support you, I cannot listen to you right now. I have no orders saying you and your 6 knights have any jurisdiction here. You have 7 ponies, we have over 2 dozen ponies outside plus more inside with reinforcements less than a minute away. Somehow I doubt you and your friends are capable of doing what the guards can do. So, I suggest you take your band of friends and back off. I have my orders and I will not have them compromised, least of all by some wanna-be hero" She said to Diamond clearly and calmly.
She didn't care who these 'Silver Knights' were, the Royal Guard had clear orders and were going to be more than capable of clearing out any protesters and rioters. If they wanted to help, they would do so on their own accord. She wouldn't risk blowing an operation this big on some ponies she didn't know.

Today was just getting annoying, and when another pony asked what was happening, she looked to Cynthia to answer that ponies question. She herself looked eyes with a Lunar guard and nodded to them, as they quickly moved. Midnight had a bad feeling about these Silver Knights and their agenda, while they did offer to help and wouldn't object to it, the fact they were trying to replace the guard left a sour taste in her mouth.

Last edited by Midnightblossom on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:49 am

Cynthia nodded at the guard's words before writing something on her clipboard yet again. She smiled sweetly at Diamond, a slight giggle escaping her lips. "I'm sorry sir, but did you just you'll take over? I think someone needs to stop living their fantasy. If you could get off of the steps of this building, that would be fantastic."

"Sergeant Midnight," Cynthia turned, having felt she had felt with Diamond. "If you could take control of the situation, that would great. Clear the steps first, then see if you can push the crowd back a little, it would make things much simpler." Her smile this time was genuine, and she gestured to the crowd. "There are civilians and children in that crowd, and I don't want them hurt."

She turned again, this time facing Dirge. "Ah yes, there is a trial going on actually. A stallion by the name of Sin Ester. I hate to be a pain, but could you please more off the steps? I'd be happy to tell you more later, or at least point you in the right direction, but right now I need these steps clear."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 1:43 am

Overhearing the announcement via another smaller rune he'd placed in a somewhat hidden spot on the building during the prior night, Zen let out a groan at the apparent delay in the announcement. "Ugh, this is taking too long, and if the anticipation won't kill me, the boredom will," he complained to no one since there wasn't any within earshot. With shoulders slumped, Zen lazily hovered above the cloud he'd nicknamed domino because of it's importance for a few moments.

Then his face broke out into a large grin. "Oh what the hell, let's just get this party started and sort out the details later, hehehe" Zen said with a chuckle as one of his legs kicked back into the cloud to literally 'kick-start' his shenanigans. "Hehehe, showtime!"

With that kick, and the accompanying phrase, Zen's carefully laid work began to activate. In the skies, well above the crowd, the building, and even the common unicorns magical reach, magical lines began to form in the sky. Not small hard to see lines, but dark angry red glowing lines that were throwing off magical sparks and audibly crackling as they formed a very large image overhead. While several might not have known what it was, Zen's hope that the panic from the ones who did would be enough to cause it to spread as the design of a massive destruction rune formed. For as any with even basic runic knowledge, or bothered just to apply magical knowledge to the situation, would know the beauty of this rune was that it worked by simply building up magic until it became too unstable and detonated, therefore, breaking the lines would simply make it detonate early. Now while that was usually the easy alternative to making a potentially devastating explosion considerably weaker, the sheer size of this rune would still have a sizable explosion.

In the seconds it took for that rune to form, Zen had already moved to the next stage of his plan, activating a second series of runes via reaching through a pair of his generated portals well outside the Dimension Lock zone so that while he was still above the clouds, his hoof was now activating the pre-placed rune on the ground to start the chain reaction. This combination of runes formed a new series of lines along the ground in the shape of a barrier creating rune that'd entrap the entirety of the populace within it's reach inside with the monstrous explosive rune. While not the most powerful kind of barrier, it would only stop ponies from physically exiting the space, but those with magic could still potentially teleport out so long as they weren't inside the zones that were under dimensional lock.

Then Zen set about activating a third rune, this one completely hidden from sight and considerably smaller in comparison to the other two. This was just a simple explosive rune, similar to giant one in the sky but not nearly as powerful since it was so small. It would still however likely be enough to punch through a thin wall of stone. This rune however was in a very interesting place, located beneath the basement of the actual courthouse. To activate it, Zen opened another portal into his previously cleared out hole from the prior night and wedged a magically charged crystal against the slip of paper with the rune on it. This way in a few moments the rune would gather up enough power from the crystal to detonate.

With his semi-timed explosive in place, Zen withdrew his hooves and closed the two portals he'd opened and just looked down for the moment past the angry red glow to see how the ponies that were now surrounded by the cold hard blue glowing lines were reacting. Just to add in a little extra, he created another small portal buried somewhere in the crowd, hoping it'd be missed with most ponies eyes either on the ground or the sky. With the small opening, he yelled out. "Oh my Celestia, it's a BOMB!" and then promptly closed to portal while grinning like a mad stallion. "Well, that should spice things up some," he commented to himself while admiring his work. Not for long though because he was soon getting ready for the next part of the scheme, the actual rescue, that now when he thought about it in hindsight would likely be a little more difficult given the horrible chaos he'd just unleashed. "Oh well, time to berate myself later, for now..." Zen commented as he got ready to dive into the fray.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Okay, now before anyone starts with the whole Overpowered claims, trust me when I say Zen isn't about to literally unleash enough power to wipe out the better half of a city and the GM knows what's going on with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prevention or Cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prevention or Cure   Prevention or Cure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prevention or Cure
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next