OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Fallout: The New Arrivals

Go down 
+8
Johnny Maker
DualThrone
Xereth
Brother Roga
Ician
WiserOdin032402
Star Sentinel
ObsidianPony
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:06 pm

In the pockets of the duster Wild pulled on there was a picture of a bright pink pegasus with a dirty blonde mane, dressed in the same coat. She was pretty but in the picture she looked tired and there was dust in her mane, clearly she had not had an easy day on the date this picture was taken, whenever that had been.

On the controls that Verde and Viridian were examining they could see one corridor which had a particular area of interest; the monitor labelled "high security" was showing another corpse which was being feasted on by radroaches... quite a lot of radroaches in fact. On top of that the high security cells had not opened along with the lower security ones, leaving the solid metal doors shut while the barred doors were quite freely open.

The controls themselves were barely functional, some smashed others not powered; it seemed the only functions available were to close the doors again or to turn the lights on; vent controls, turret controls, power rerouting, everything else seemed to have been disabled either by design or by wear and tear. The only doors still locked were the armory and the generator rooms, which had gone into lockdown.

Out in the corridor the mercenary did a double take at the appearance of Jäger and went for his gun, thankfully stopping before he drew it. "For the love of Luna, don't scare me like that!" He panted out. "Look... mate." He said, after taking a closer look to be sure he wasn't imagining things. "I need to get into that office." He said, gently moving forwards until he heard the voices from inside. "Sweet Celestia, how many of you are in here?"

The mercenary hesitated for a moment before he looked back down the corridor. "Hey, Griffon, are these lot with you?" He called back to Wyvorn; his hand was on his revolver holster still but he hadn't made a move to draw it yet. "Look, if you lot can just let me do my job I can get you to an exit." He offered; up close Jaeger could see a ring on his finger with a red lightning bolt engraved on it.

"Look, I can tell you're all confused; is there anyone in there who's with anyone? Any members of anything, Bullet Club, Gun Runners, Royal Guard? Hell I'll even accept Solar Empire and Lunar Republic, just someone I can talk to? I can help you all but I need to be able to do my mission or the only thing waiting for me in Las Pegasus is a bullet in the head."

------------------------------

The mess hall was thankfully deserted, and even more thankfully corpse free. Immediately Strawberry could tell they were in luck; the containers in the back were obviously refrigerated and while the power had gone down now the food inside should still be good for quite a while.

The tables were coated in a fine layer of dust and grime; how they had been able to eat off of these things and not notice was remarkable. The drugs they had been pumped with must have been very potent to make them not able to notice the grime and much on the tables when they were sitting right at them for their dinner.

Thankfully the doors to the kitchen were as unlocked as the rest of the prison without power.

-------------------------------

At the supply closet where Diana had arrived and grabbed the last remaining hammer, evidently the others had been removed at some point, Natural Tune and Frosty Works still stood with their own finds.

In the room where Strawberry and Frosty had found the dead guard still clutching his submachinegun there was an odd crackling noise of static followed by a burst of... Music?. Regardless it seemed to be coming from inside a dustbin on the otherside of the room, and looking closer they could see a faint green glow coming from underneath the lid.

The rest of the room was thankfully clear of radroaches but the way the guard had fallen and the placement of the bin were interesting with the knowledge something was in there; it could be deduced that he had been trying to dispose of whatever was now playing the soothing music.

Last edited by ObsidianPony on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Wyvorn heard the pony call back to him, asking him a question. "Yeah, they are... I suppose. We were all prisoners in here, but I don't know them personally!" He yelled back before he started moving towards the room slightly faster to meet with others. He arrived slowly with caution, trying not to look like a threat to the mercenary, though his mind wasn't so clear yet. He was still thirsting for blood, or anything that could satisfy his stomach, while he was trying to hold back and at the moment succeeding. "Getting us out.. that'd be great.." he said to the mercenary before looking at others in the room. "Sorry for letting ya go without me. I wasn't in the right mind then. Also, this ... masked one, he's a friendly, as ... he?.." Wyvorn said and gave the merc a questioning look "...is friendly, and possibly our only way out of here."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 pm

At first Jäger's grin intensified as the figure made to draw a weapon, but when he relaxed, disappointment flashed across Jäger's features. "Nah, ve chust a bunch ov poneze here...vell and de von grivon," Jäger replied once the cloaked figure was finished talking. "Dose groups dough, hyu vit any ov dem?" He then asked pointing towards the ring on the merc's finger. Jäger still had the door to the security room shut, his own hand resting on it's handle. He let it slide open long enough for the griffon to creep inside, but pulled it sturdily back to almost shut after he was through.

"Hor iz dat from zome oder, moar private group?" he continued from where he stood, offering a smile that Jäger probably thought looked sincerely curious. In truth though, the mass of pointed teeth in the wide spread mouth probably looked more akin to a monster starring down a meal, but at least Jäger wasn't trying to be intimidating.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Maker

Johnny Maker

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:46 pm

While the high security cells were mostly empty, one had an occupant. A very annoyed occupant. When you keep someone locked up, drugging them to make them think they were a mass murderer, they tended to be annoyed when they woke up out of the drug induced spell. Understandable really. But the door to his cell was still locked up tight. Well, it was just a door. 

On the cameras, the group in the security office would suddenly hear a deep clang, and see one of the doors rattle as a dent appeared in it. There was another clang, and the sound of metal bending as something started to give. Something important. It was with the seventh smash from the inside that shattered the lock, making the door swing open with an almighty crash and kicking up a shit ton of dust. Out of the once occupied doorway a figure emerged from the dust, hidden by it as a shadowy figure. a Big shadowy figure. 

Of course, all this commotion got the attention of the Radroaches, but the figure had already noticed them. Now while some bugs are nice, some deserve to be squished, and these ones fell under the 'Burn with fire' category. However, there wasn't any fire to hand, so this guy was going to have to make do without. And he did.

The huge figure charged out of the settling dust cloud, revealing himself to the camera. It was a huge stallion, a little over seven foot in hight, with a body built like a brick wall, this fact clear even while hidden by his jumpsuit. You might be thinking, what's this stallion doing running away from a few bugs? Well, he wasn't. He was running straight for them, and when he was in range, delivered a mighty kick to the small swarm, sending several flying and making one unfortunate one fold around his boot with a few  nasty sounding crunches. Another body was added to the boot count as the stallion brought his heal down on another roach heavily, smearing it across the floor. The few still left around him were dispatched in a similar way, before he turned his attention to the ones he'd knocked down the corridor. With a grim look on his face the stallion marched down towards them, pausing for a moment by one of the open lower security doors. 
Reaching out he took hold of one of the bars, one that had rusted slightly at the top and bottom, and started to pull. There was no sign of strain on the bulky stallion's face, though that couldn't be seen on the monitor, but the bar sure was complaining. The metal groaned before snapping, leaving a gap in the sequence of bars and a large rod of metal in the stallion's hands. 

This was put to very good use in the next few moments, getting used to batter the radroaches around until none were lift moving. Twitching a little, maybe, but not going anywhere. 

With that done, and the stallion felling slightly calmer after a bit of venting, he tilted his head to the side, one way, and then the other, a cracking sound getting picked up by the camera watching him. Rolling his shoulders, the Unicorn seemed to freeze, and then suddenly his head jerked round to look behind him. Noticing the camera he stared into it, his eyes staring out of the screen in the security room like he could see who was inside. After a few moments, he turned, and headed off, leaving the sight of the camera as he set off towards the security room with lumbering, heavy strides.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:40 am

Star noticed two mares heading into a bathroom or something. He decided to fallow and peak inside the room. He grimaced at what he saw. Dead pony... "Poor soul..." He muttered quietly, before looking at what the guard held. A smile appeared on his face. He gave a quiet whimper when one of the mares picked up the submachine gun though. He would have liked to have the gun, but as he observed the mares it was pretty obvious they over looked the armor the guard has been wearing.

He stepped back when they back out and introduced themselves. "Hi. That seems...smart. I'm Star Sentinel by the way." He gave them both a smile before watching the pink one leave. He slipped into the bathroom when Frosty had went over to the supply closet and talked to the...other pony. His ears twitched a little at the sound of music, but didn't pay it any heed as he knelt down to the dead guard and started taking his armor off. At least he wouldn't come out empty handed.

He walked back out of the bathroom, now wearing the guard's armor. He blinked when he saw the stallion, who had yet to say anything to him in particular, holding grenades. "Careful with those. I don't think you want to blow up, but still...Ya never know." He gave a shrug, glancing at the gun Frosty held.

Dark Wing sayed back while everyone did what they did. Weather it be looking at the controls, raiding the locker, or taking the dead pony's armor off. He hadn't even bother going for the knives in the locker, knowing that he'd have no use with them. However, seeing as no one went to take the holster from the dead pony, he went over to take it himself. He'd figure it'll be useful later when he actually did find something.

Now that he had the holster around his waist, he went over to where the two unicorns were. They had said something about draining the armory and something about two brave ponies going in to look for it. Oh how he would have loved to volunteered. himself, but something itched at him that said it wasn't a good idea. "Ah'd be happy t' go with anypony who's gonna go t' the armory...But ah'm just gonna say that there's probably a reason why it was flooded with chemicals in the first place." He said with a shrug.

He glanced at the screens that showed the feed from the security cameras. "Hmmm..." He watched what was happening with caution and interest. Then the stallion showed himself...Then took out a bunch of radroaches... Dark blinked and stared at the stallion's actions. He let out a whistle. "Now that's interestin'. And ah think he might be comin' here." He muttered, before turning his attention to what was going on outside the security room.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 2:33 am

"Well, well, well... it looks like we've got a hard case," Verde grins as they watch the massive stallion literally beat his way out of his cell and crush the radroaches with the same ease as an elephant treading on an ordinary ant. "Or at least someone who was told he was a hard case and drugged so he'd believe it and not break the itsy bitsy widdle guards. Mum, you seeing the same thing I am about these controls?"

"Yes," Viridian confirmed. "The controls we need are disabled. I doubt that our new potential friend will be able to break them either; armory doors are typically far too well-armored for that."

"Well, we need to get into those armories, despite what our mysterious friend" here she gestures at the camera that's picked up the pony dressed in black "promises. Perhaps we can destroy the inside wall locking mechanisms? Then perhaps prybar the doors open?"

"I'd be more comfortable if we had access to tools of some kind," Viridian frowns. "We have a sledgehammer, that is true, but..." She trails off. "Hmm... perhaps we could turn the raw physical strength of this pony to our advantage. Have him sledgehammer a venting hole in the wall just passed the door or distort the door enough that gas can escape. The other alternative is to do the same thing with the generator rooms since they lack the same physical hazards."

"Perhaps we can turn this" Verde again gestures to the merc in the camera image "exit into multiple entrances or at least a single entrance. He knows the way in and the way out; there must be some way that he did that and the same means can be used to get elsewhere. Perhaps he even has dedicated explosives, although I doubt that he'd bring anything so sophisticated with him. We just need a way into the locked-down portions of this prison or we're in a bad state when we get out."

"He did ask for Gun Runners." Virdian smirks. "I'm certain he's thinking of the company with that title but he doesn't need to know that we're gunrunners but not Gun Runners." She reaches over and keys the intercoms. "Sir, it happens that I and my daughter are gunrunners," she tells him. "Come up to the security office and let's discuss why you care and what you can do for us. Mister high-security prisoner, any other prisoners in this facility, please feel free to take the same offer although do be reasonable about it... I'm certain that whatever Cordial Ways did can be undone if I'm highly motivated."
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:20 am

Strawberry blanched at the sight of the tables their drug induced minds ate at. “That… is absolutely disgusting.” Pushing herself away from the tables, she thought about raiding the containers, but knew that without a source of refrigeration, the food wouldn’t last. If there were any apples in it, she would snack on one on the way out. For now though, she would have to find and scavenge for food that can be preserved without cold. So she walked into the kitchen and started searching.

Meanwhile, Frosty had heard the sound of music coming from the dustbin in the bathroom, and unlike Star, thought this definitely worth investigating further. Looking at Tune, wearing the grenades, she gave a chuckle. “Yeah, you look good there. Good find.” She said, then went back into the bathroom and found the bin. The green glow intrigued her. She wondered what it could be and why the guard was so adamant on getting rid of it. Since it was most likely the thing playing music, it was obviously a radio of some sort. Frosty removed the lid and peered in to look. It might even come in handy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:08 pm

((just a quick post made with OP's permission))

Jäger was about to drop his friendly disposition and press harder for an answer when Viridian made her announcement over the intercom. Jäger leaned back as he listened, his grin growing as they spoke and even shifting to curiosity as they invited someone from the higher security blocks to join them. When it was done though, Jäger's gaze fell back on the figure before him.

"Vell, who am hy to go hagainst de goot laday," he said while shifting some and opening the door for the merc. "Avtar hyu," Jäger added while making a sweeping gesture for the figure to enter the security room, and moving to follow him into the room when he was passed the threshold.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Wild Card looked at Auftrag in an unimpressed fashion as he swore about three piece suits. Taking his eyes away he looked at the picture of Cordial, smiling as he now knew what she looked like, and the fact she was a pegasus. "Well we now know what Cordial Ways looks like. Bright pink with a dirty blond mane, and a pegasus too." "I was right, and-" Wild then stared at the computer screens whilst noting how Auftrag took the entire holster of daggers.

After the figure left the view, Wild laughed out loud and grinned. "Johnny! Oh my days that's got to be him!" "My word... Whatever is he doing here?" The stallion wondered to himself, before he heard the sound of snipping. He turned around to see if it was him, but then saw Auftrag using the knives to groom himself. Groaning in annoyance, Wild walked up to him and pointed the revolver he had at the stallion's head.

"Now, I am going to be rather blunt and straight to the point with you. There were enough of those daggers to go around so that everyone had at least one weapon to defend themselves with. You however saw fit just to nick the entire holster of them, while stating that they are not what you need, but only something 'that will do'. I think if we are to be a group, we need to adopt the philosophy of 'sharing is caring, and also survival', so if you would please share those daggers around with those who want them, before I share one of my bullets with your skull, I think we would all appreciate that a lot." Wild asked Auftrag, starting off politely and then adding a hint of threat to the end of this statement, his finger also being dangerously near the trigger. "Oh, and that guy who just killed all those roaches on screen and now is heading our way? He loves sharing too, and hates those who act selfishly, so..." He added with a cruel glint to his eyes. "Best get generous."
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Zen wrote:
((just a quick post made with OP's permission))

Jäger was about to drop his friendly disposition and press harder for an answer when Viridian made her announcement over the intercom. Jäger leaned back as he listened, his grin growing as they spoke and even shifting to curiosity as they invited someone from the higher security blocks to join them. When it was done though, Jäger's gaze fell back on the figure before him.

"Vell, who am hy to go hagainst de goot laday," he said while shifting some and opening the door for the merc. "Avtar hyu," Jäger added while making a sweeping gesture for the figure to enter the security room, and moving to follow him into the room when he was passed the threshold.

The mercenary looked down to check what Jaeger was referring to then looked back at him. "Call it a religious symbol. When the Elements vanished people took to wearing them to show they still believed." With his free hand he reached into his shirt and pulled out a necklace, bearing a purple diamond on the end. "It might be stupid superstition but a little hope can do a lot for your mental state."

The mercenary seemed to hesitate at first. "I'm coming in." He announced, loud and clear; he didn't holster his revolver but he walked in with hands up. He was displaying he had a gun but also being very careful to not aim it at anyone.
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin
Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Tune heard the music from the radio thing. "Well, been a while since I've seen one'o'those." He said as he peeked into the dustbin.
He then heard Viridian's announcement from the speaker system. "Huh, they got at least somethin' workin'." He then turned to Frosty. "Better take that thing with us just in case and jus' go 'fore they make plans to leave without us."
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 12:34 am

Auftrag wondered what Wild Card was laughing about. He stood up and dropped the ragged mess of hair he had just cut off onto the floor. He was feeling much better now with his hair heavily trimmed and all the tangles cut out of it. He then zipped up the front of his jumpsuit, concealing the belt of daggers within. He stood up, and found a revolver pointed right at him by Wild. He listened to the monologue intently, then coughed a couple of times when Wild was done. Now he could answer. When he spoke, his voice was much smoother than how he had talked before "Wild, do not assume that I'm a selfish, arrogant, asshole who thinks only of himself. I took the entire belt of daggers for safe keeping and to keep this jumpsuit off of my body because it irritates me. If you want a dagger, just ask and yea shall receive. Now then, I normally would not give anyone who volunteers me for a suicide mission without my consent a weapon, but since you insist on wasting, or in this case, sharing, a bullet with me, I'll give those two a knife." He watched Viridian get on the intercom and claim that she and her daughter were Gun Runners.

As he walked past to go over to the door, he tossed a throwing knife towards Viridian. "Viridian darling, we do not need more enemies due to your assumption that you know the current political situation. You could have just doomed us all to redecorating the room with our innards. Now then, the merc is going to believe the one with the gun is the leader. Which means from this point onward, Wild Card is our leader until further ado. Any hare-brained schemes that you two think up should be run by him first. Now then, I will iron things out with the mercenary."

As he passed Dark Wing, he opened up the stallion's hand and set a knife there. "Your welcome, try not to lose it."

Auftrag knocked on the door. "Jager, I need you to let the nice pony in. He and I need to talk." He turned to Wild. "Holster the revolver, we don't need to look impolite."
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 1:21 am

In the office the mercenary surveyed the scene; even with most of their face hidden their eyes spoke for them, utterly bemused at seeing ponies pointing guns and one apparently cutting their mane? The mercenary looked like they wanted to question it but at the same time were worried about the answers that would come, so they settled for just looking to Wild.

"I can hear you know." The Mercenary said with a pointed look at Auftrag. "You rate this place far too highly if you think whoever built it bothered to soundproof the doors." With that the mercenary walked to the lockers and took off their face scarf, and lowered their hood to look at them better. "I see you opened one. How'd you get the code?"

The mercenary was, slightly surprisingly, a mare it seemed. Her blue coat and black mane looked off though, almost synthetic. She was obviously a real mare, she had a cut on her lip that was still bleeding slightly, but something about her just didn't look right. "Tango, Romeo, Echo, November, Charlie, Hotel." She spoke toward the locker furthest from the left, which popped open.

"Thought so. The Preachers are very fond of that alphabet." She mused as she reached into the locker and drew out a rucksack, which she strapped to her back.

She looked at Auftrag with a condescending look. "Don't presume to sweet talk me. I just came to take some of The Preacher leaders' belongings, that's all. If you lot still want me to guide you out of this place it's an open invitation; The Preachers will probably shoot you lot on sight if they see you but you're welcome to stick with me until we reach the Unwanted Dead camp."

She looked to Viridian and Verde next. "You'll be the ones on the intercom right? Well, what I came for is, kinda obvious." She said, shaking the rucksack again. "As for what I can do for you; if you can give me your oath to not say a word about any of this to The Preachers, I can "lose" an IOU to an arms dealer in Las Pegasus. He won't notice the change in debt collector, says all tiny ponies look the same to him." She added with a smirk.

The Mercenary looked on the monitor at the destruction of the radroaches by the hands of Johnny. "Should we be worried at all about him?" She asked. She hesitated for a moment before looking at Verde and Viridian; throwing Auftrag a sour look, she unhooked her machete and lay that on the table in front of the mother and daughter. "You might get some use out of this."

With that the mercenary wandered over to the corner and unzipped the rucksack, taking a peek inside. "Sweet Cadence..." She whispered to herself, shutting the sack quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

At the supply closet the classical music being played got louder when the bin lid was lifted. Inside was a small grey object with a green display screen, a small pulsing meter moving in time to the sounds of the music. A pipbuck had been what the stallion had been trying to throw away, for what reason they could only guess at.

With the room entirely stripped of useful objects aside from the pipbuck itself, they were close enough to hear the loud banging of the larger stallion smashing the radroaches. Presumably that had been the "high security" prisoner that had been mentioned by the mares over the intercom because they seemed to be practically on the other side of the wall as him, if not then not much more distance away.

"Hope you all enjoyed that everypony. This is Allegro Melody and you're listening to Philharmonica Radio." The voice came from the small pipbuck. "We'll be right back with the news."

---------------------------------

With Johnny having firmly assured the world of his hatred of radroaches and making his way down the corridor he could see the door that the mercenary must have entered through over the edge of one of the landings that were required to go across for the security office.

On the end of the walkway was an odd object; it was, on the surface, a piece of rebar, wrapped in cloth with a huge boulder of concrete stuck on the end. It looked like the sort of weapon that Super Mutants and Raiders threw together when they couldn't find actual caches to raid but from the looks of it this one had been used to smash a door open and then abandoned.

The door led right into the mess hall that was below him, where he could also see a pink mare slip into the kitchens. From the look of the jumpsuit she too was a prisoner.

-------------------------------------------

In the kitchens there was exactly what they needed; lots, and lots, and lots of canned food and bottled water. The water didn't exactly look the cleanest but one could only be so picky in the wasteland; truly clean water was rare to come by at the best of times, stuff that didn't have visible muck in it was acceptable most of the time.

The door to the way out was right there; they had actually been eating in front of it the whole time and had never once even been able to muster the thought to even think of escaping.

Whoever had done this knew what they were doing. And had more than earned an ass kicking as soon as possible.

Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 6:33 am

Viridian catches the knife without even looking at Auftrag and using the momentum of the toss, one-hand underhands it to Verde. "I've no issue with the mercenary believing that the gentleman is our leader," she says. "Or, more properly, our leaders. It may prove advantageous to have a council of stallions considering our situation and determining the best course of action. It will definately prove advantageous to have a stallion who can change between personalities as our leader because the personality that can manipulate the situation the best will naturally show up and do the work." She takes her eyes from the consoles and gives Auftrag a smirk. "Fortunately, the merc won't think you are our leader, or the group may be forced to collaborate on a project to make you the group's bitch."

Viridian turns back to the controls as the mercenary enters and does what she does. With a knife already on her, Verde immediately takes the machete the merc hands over and passes it over to her mother, who looks at it with surprise, and then delight, and then a disturbing degree of pleasure as she hefts it, testing the balance before expertly moving it around with fluid rotations of her wrist. "This... is a quality blade," she says, looking at the mercenary. "Not the usual wasteland drek that raiders make with a mower blade or some such nonsense. Purpose-built tool, possibly even titanium. You, my dear mare, have abruptly become my favorite pony in this room, sans my daugter of course."

"I like the idea of an IOU from a serious arms dealer," Verde says, grinning a little at how much delight her mother derives from a simple blade. "Can certainly run the wares elsewhere at a premium if cash is tight; sorta what we do. But if you're in the bargaining mood, what do you want for information about these Preachers? Because the mare that sprung us from the cages used radio alphanumeric as well as the code for her locker." She gestures towards the one Cordial Ways had given them a code to.

"And we'd be more than willing to do whatever you needed for it," Viridian says. "Your code spells 'trench' and the mare who sabotaged this system to get us out of the cells requested that we kill a pony named 'Trench'. Apparently it was very important to her because she went to the trouble to spring us on the off chance that we could take him out where she could not. It seems possible that whoever gave you the code knows him if they're using his name as a password for whatever's in that rucksack." She grins. "Which I take to be quite impressive, based on that reaction."

Last edited by DualThrone on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 2:36 pm

Jäger's grin practically cemented itself on his face as Viridian spoke and she swung the machete around. Even from his distance he could recognize the quality she spoke of, though to a lesser extent since his knowledge was based off just wielding various weapons for so long. Though the weapon was only part of the reason for his glee, the other half was seeing the mare he'd already considered following displaying actual combat prowess as well as an at least acceptable level of intelligence. Ohoho, Hy've vallen in vit hay goot crowd dis time, he thought to himself as he listened to the discussion.

With the merc showing himself to be no threat though, and the fact that everyone seemed to be in something of a hurry to get out of this place, Jäger moved towards the door once again. "Hoy," Jäger called out to Verde and Viridian. "Hyu two zeem to haff dings handled 'ere. Vid hyur leave ladiez, hy'd like to begin searchink for dis harmory," Jäger asked while offering a slight bow. He of course missed most of what Wild had said earlier about 'volunteers' to go searching for the armory since he'd been out in the hallway when that was said.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 11:41 pm

Wild Card continued aiming the gun at Auftrag's head as he stood up and wandered around the room, never once looking away from the stallion and always prepared to shoot if need be. "Oh I don't need to assume. You've given me the evidence. Plus, Viridian was merely pointing out the fact we so eagerly took the weapons. I will admit I was a bit quick on the draw, but that's because I'm frightened of what could be in this place, and if you had any sense in you, you would be cautious and acting a bit more respectful to the stallion holding the gun at you." He said bluntly to Auftrag, before lowering his revolver as he saw him sharing the knives.

"It wouldn't have been a waste of a bullet if you hadn't shared. Technically you would have had valuable items on your corpse." "But seeing as you have seen it fit to let others benefit from our findings, we'll be keeping hold of this bullet." "Oh, and seeing as you said we're the leader now, you are in no position to tell me what to do." Wild finished, turning around to the mercenary who entered the room and watching as she opened a locker with the same kind of code as the other one was opened with, along with handing Viridian a machete, a gift that apparently made her extremely happy. He too was rather chuffed with her praise of him, and he couldn't help but smile at the unicorn mare. "I'm glad you see me in such good light, Viridian." He said happily, holding back a laugh from her comment about Auftrag being the group bitch.

The pegasus then smiled politely at the mercenary. "That guy on the security camera? Oh no, he wouldn't hurt a fly- oh wait... scratch that, he would, and basically did. But he wouldn't do anything without being provoked." "His name is Johnny Maker, and he is a good friend of ours... not very talkative though." He informed the merc, holding his gun by his side but never letting go of it. Seeing as how Viridian and Verde were taking care of the situation with the merc, Wild wandered over to Jäger and waved at him. "Hey, you're scary and creepy, and that's cool. Anyway, as for volunteers to go with you..." The stallion thought for a moment, before slowly turning his head towards a specific stallion and smiling. "You! You're readily equipped with all those knives, I do hope giving some to the needy hasn't impeded their efficiency to keep you alive, but as the leader I think it best if you accompany this fellow here to the armory of this place." Wild then walked to Cordial's locker and picked up the sledgehammer, holding it out to Jäger with a smile. "For you."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 12:16 am

Dark Wing watched as Wild pulled the gun on the unicorn he'd punched earlier. He had to raise an eyebrow at the pegasus, but he did make a fair point. Plus it wouldn't hurt to have something to use as a weapon besides one's bare fist. He looked at the mercenary as she walked in and opened another...Then took a bag out of said locker. This made him raise an eyebrow, but he would question it seeing as how the two unicorns were handling the situation.

Speaking of the two unicorns...Viridian did make an excellent point about the code this merc had put in. He decided to sit back and listen, occasionally glancing at the security screens to see if anything was going on in the prison. He also put the knife Auftrag put in his hand under his left wing for...later use. He saw that everything had a use one way or another. He gave a quick thanks to the knife hogging unicorn and went back to eavesdropping on conversations.

When he heard Jäger say something about the armory...Or at least say something that sounded like armory, he stood up straight and looked at the pony. "Ah suppose ah can come along. Mehbeh there's something fer me t' look at while ya'll get the guns." He walked over to Jäger, then stopped to looked him up and down. He then gave a shrug and stepped out of the room, waiting for anyone else to come along.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Strawberry smiled happily at her finds. Enough food and water to go around. Looking behind her to see if anyone was coming, she took off her blanket cloak and started filling it with the canned food and bottled water. Every now and then, she looked back, just in case. Finishing up, she left enough food for anyone else who came by to scavenge up, but kept the majority of the water, as it was more precious. Strawberry tied the makeshift bag up and slung it over her shoulder. Leaving the kitchen, she looked back at the exit and sighed. “Well at least we can get out of here later.” She then headed back down towards the others.

Frosty, meanwhile, also believed she struck gold in finding the pipbuck. Though, once again, she had to wonder who would throw one of these away, and why? She could only guess. As she picked it up and examined it, she found it in pretty decent condition. It certainly wasn’t damaged, so… Frosty was gonna hurt her brain if she thought about it too much. Having assured the pipbuck was perfectly fine, she decided to put it on. Making sure the device was secured to her wrist, she gave it another thorough look, this time of the contents of the software. By fiddling with it, she found a map of the nearby area. That would come in handy when they got out, but for now she kept the radio on, hoping to hear the news.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Auftrag barely listened to Wild as he unzipped the top half of his jumpsuit, tied the sleeves around his waist, then took all of the knives out the belt he was wearing, and began to sort the knives. Five throwing and Five combat. Great. "Two for me." He levitated the combat knives into the middle of the room. "And the last three for you all. Are you happy now? Damn pegesai, you can never please them." He placed the throwing knives back in their holsters.

Take apart his gun and gut him like a fish. No. You know you want to. Would both of you shut up! You're both just personas my brain made under the influence of the gas to cope with believing that I murdered 100 of my own patients. I don't want to get shot, and I'm the real me anyhow. Both of you can stop existing within my mind right now. Auftrag's good eye's color changed from red to green, and suddenly, his mannerisms changed.

He turned towards Wild. "I apologize for my uncouth behavior earlier, the gas seemed to have hit me harder than I thought and my brain didn't react well to it. Now then, according to what I heard, there is an armory with weapons in it. It is filled with gas that alters your mind when you breathe it in. Sounds like a dangerous bioweapon to me. I will be going in alone, unless anyone else knows how to make a breathing apparatus from magic. And I suggest you stand back as to not breathe it in. I'm sorry that we got off on the wrong foot, and I would like to apologize to you all. The good doctor is in." He sprinted out. "And someone figure out a way to unlock the door so that I may return with weapons."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Wyvorn watched in silence as the events in the control room happened, kinda wierded by the fact that nobody spotted a white gryphon entering a room except Jager and the merc. He was tempted to volunteer to enter the armory, seeing as he could use his lockpicking skills to help open some locked cases, but then he remembered about the gas residing in said room. Yeah, no going in there for me... he thought before witnessing how Auftrag.. changed and offered the three combat knives out to those who would need them.

"Sweet, finally something!" he said under his breath as he went ahead and grabbed two combat knives and then making a step back. "I'll take two if that is alright with everyone else, if not, you can have one back." he said and put one of the knives behind his belt while holding the second one out if anyone wanted to take it, otherwise he would just stuff it behind the belt like the first one.
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin
Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:36 am

Natural Tune watched Frosty put the pipbuck on and for a moment a part of his brain was thinking that it was like watching someone put their underwear on. He shook that thought off before he could wonder about it any longer.
"Looks good on ya, Frosteh. How's about we get to the others now? Maybe check if Berreh's found something?" He suggested, jabbing a finger in the direction they'd have to go to get anywhere.
He began thinking about the radio on the Pipbuck.
"Philharmonica Radio? Somehow I think that Wild Card lad will like this, he seems like one of them pish-posh nobles of old."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:43 am

Diana sat by, watching everything happen around her. She didn't particularly feel like interfering in anything, lest she offend somepony who might potentially become her ally later. As it happened, though, she was beginning to doubt that would be a problem. The way things were going they might all end up splintering into several groups. She sighed, shaking her head, and moved forward to take the last unclaimed combat knife. It wasn't much, but it was something. That much she could be happy about.

Sigh... I suppose this will be for you, Blood.

Yes, finally! A decent weapon!

Yay! Right?

Right, Eu. Diana shook her head and looked idly around the area, searching for parts she could potentially scavenge and forge into a crude weapon. Maybe a crossbow, she always did like that sort of weapon. And Euforia absolutely adored medieval weaponry, with her proficiency in machinery operation. Something like that she might easily be able to do.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 12:20 am

(Making a second post with the GM's permission, because this is Star's half of my post.)

Star raised an eyebrow as he watched Frosty go back inside the bathroom to investigate what was in the trash can. He didn't question it however and poked his head in to see what she found and/or what he could have found if he was curious about things sometimes. He blinked at the pipbuck when the mare pulled it out. He shrugged as he leaned against the door frame, watching the other two. His ears perked up a little when he heard news and he stepped closer. "News huh? Hmm...That might be useful to listen in on what might be happening around this area." He said, then went quiet to listen to the radio.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:01 am

The mercenary gave Viridian and Verde an odd look. "Where have you two been for the last year? Anyone from Las Pegasus to Trottingham knows about Trench. Him and his Preachers have wiped entire towns off the map, nevermind that the Casino Lords are so bloody petrified of him they've locked themselves up in their ivory towers and refuse to come out."

She hitched the rucksack up to her back. "Anyway, I reckon he left something here he wants back; the person who hired me for this said they worked for Philarmonica Radio and wanted to meet me there, the address they gave me doesn't match. I figure my bosses might be more interested."

She tucked away the rest of her equipment and walked out of the office after Auftrag, not letting any of them get within arms reach of the rucksack.

"Oh you might want to turn on the radio. Channels 1, 2 and 4 usually do the news right now, and even from the bullshit of the Solar Empire and Lunar Republic you can glean some actual news." She called back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello all, this is Vinyl Scratch your favorite DJ, disc jockey, record spinner, unicorn, pony, mare and whatever else I can think that I might be today, and now it's time for the news." the sound out of the pipbuck was surprisingly good. "We're gonna get you guys started with a quick little rundown of the state of Las Pegasus, also known as the capital of kicks in the head if you ain't got bits to burn."

The voice on the radio was talking very fast on the radio, but thankfully not so fast she couldn't be understood. "I got some word on the psychos of the week, the guys everyone's calling The Preachers; looks like the nutters are making a move on the old Ponyville ruins, hey here's hoping they and the Deathclaws wipe each other out and do us all some good."

While Diana rooted around in the spare parts, finding a pipe with a sharp point because of a broken end but not much else to feasibly be a weapon, the pipbuck opened up the map it had loaded. There were five locations listed as custom markers; Junktown, Executioner's Bunker, Bullet Club Camp (Danger), Weapon Cache 23 and Camp AJ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mercenary continued down the hallway until she came to the door she had smashed open, intending to retrieve the rebar club... and nearly walking straight into the giant stallion who was standing on the other side of it.

The mare looked almost dumbstruck. Even drawing her revolver was so mechanical and automatic it was almost hilarious; the mare looked like she'd been suddenly clubbed over the head then the club had burst into butterflies, the look of utter bafflement on her face.

"W-Who are you?" She asked, aiming her gun at where the head would be for most stallions. So at his chest.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 8:35 am

Frosty listened intently to the news and tried to piece together what the mare on the radio, named Vinyl Scratch, said. ”Okay, so I guess these ‘Preachers’ are bad… and the name Deathclaw doesn’t bring hope either… So stay far away from Ponyville. Got it. Thanks Vinyl.” When that was finished, she took a look at the map and noted the locations marked on it. “No idea which is the best place to go, but first we gotta finish up here.” She said aloud.

Soon after that, Strawberry returned with her blanket full of food and water. “I gathered as much as I could. The kitchen was packed.” She said, moving the food and water she gathered into Frosty’s makeshift bag so she could use her blanket as a cloak again. “What did I miss?”

Frosty showed her friend the Pipbuck she acquired. “Like it? I found it in the trash.” She said, then chuckled a little at what she just said.

Strawberry chuckled too. “Well it looks good on you. I have even better news than that though. I found the way out. It’s over by the mess hall. Big open door. Can’t miss it, at least as long as our heads are clear.” She explained. “So… Are we done yet, or is there more to do?”

Frosty thought for a moment. “We have a couple of weapons and some ammunition, an ample supply of food and water, a Pipbuck, and these blankets…” She listed off what they had. “Maybe if we can, get another gun or two. The armories should be stocked, but there is the problem of that gas the speakers announced earlier. There is a supposed weapons cache on the map, but I have no idea if it’s even remotely safe. For all we know, it could even be empty. Anyone else got ideas? I really am stumped at this point.” Frosty admitted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: The New Arrivals   Fallout: The New Arrivals - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout: The New Arrivals
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next