OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)

Go down 
+2
Rayne
Brony_Khaos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Empty
PostSubject: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:33 am

In the dark years of the near future, war reigns over all. Peace is a thing long forgotten. All that is left is desperation and suffering. Harmony...harmony is nothing. No act of friendship could ever home to sway Equestria's greatest foe.
Hope is nothing but a fleeting fancy, never a thing to truly consider.
Every pony you strike down, every "monster" out there that wants to kill you is someone's foal. They all had mothers, fathers, friends, family before all this. But now, you either fight, or you die.

Ponynet...that's when everything fell apart. The world was torn down around us. It only took a few days for ponies to figure out how the infection spread. So many had volunteered for or paid for cybernetic enhancements--we'd been doing it for years before Ponynet had ever been envisioned--and it used them against us. And before we even understood what was going on, nearly everypony had succumbed to it.
The only thing that kept me alive and sane was being on the move when it went down. Everyone who sees me just runs away when they see me...they see the metal teeth lining my mouth, and their response is to get as far away as possible. But can I really blame the few ponies I have seen for that? After all...nearly every pony who has such cybernetics is a raving lunatic now, their minds focused clearly on only two things: getting their crazed hooves on more technology, and forcing other ponies into their ranks.
The sun is rising on yet another day...
Another day to live.
Another day to survive.

Another day to fight.

Hello there, my ponies. It's me, Khaos! That weird guy nobody wants you to talk to because he's really creepy and messed up in the head. But I swear, there's candy in this van.
And this van is Ponynet Crisis. Ucwuteyedidthere?
Now, I'm willing to answer any and all questions you have (even the really dumb ones). Especially ones like "what the hell is this?" Those are good questions.

But, hey, here's my magic trick. Exposition!

Well, first off, if you've somehow been hooked by my "magnificent" introduction or by the "Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore" in the title, you'll need to inform me of what character you'd be interested in using. And just because I'm a generous pony, I'm giving you a gift: You can give your character 1 coherent cybernetic system of any kind that is *not* on their normal character sheet. You get that opportunity for free, the only thing I'll bother with is if I feel it's overpowering or if I feel it does not seem to be a single system (and this is a vague term to begin with, but, basically, if it's single-part, it's certainly a single system, but anything with multiple parts requires that all the parts have a single purpose that you can excuse as part of the reason all the parts for.)
For example, the pony I will be using has a completely modified digestive system, which allows him to ingest and digest essentially anything without causing any injury to his body. It's a bit more complex, but it has several parts that all serve the purpose of "enhancing" his digestive tract. That's a single system.
If you have an idea about a cybernetic and are unsure if I'll let it through, *ask*, don't just sit there and stew on it or panic and assume it's too wacky for me to pass it. Because I like wacky things, and if you do something creative and original, well, I might not be able to resist letting it through.

If you don't like gore, I don't suggest joining here. Because I expect characters will be shot and wounded in rather nasty ways (or get bitten by my character), and chances are, they'll have to recover from such injuries (or my character will eat you, or we'll use your corpse as infected-pony bait.).

I'll have some more setting stuff up here as time goes on, but here's where we're starting, and I would love to just see you pop by and say "I'm interested in this", or "Nice idea, I'll keep an eye on this.", even if you're not ready to commit to it entirely, or if you want a cybernetic and just don't know how to write it out (I will help with writing them out if you're just really having trouble with that).
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:37 am

Rain Splash will take that candy! As for his cybernetic... I'd always wonder how eviliy awesome he could be with teleporting...
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:40 am

Like I said back in CD, I'm interested. The only thing though is I have no idea what character I'd bring into this. I mean I could bring in Zen, though I can't really picture any cybernetic he'd get. Though I could almost just as easy bring in Sonata or Krix.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:45 am

Ooh, I wanna join! Pick me, pick me!

In all seriousness, I am indeed interested in this, and the time will come when the character I want will be ready to appear here, ie please gimme a little time for my character to be approved.

EDIT: Character approved! Here's the link to Dezulaar's sheet. And his bionics are as follows:

Dezulaar's right eye has been replaced with a cybernetic version, allowing him to see in many different conditions. His eyes can switch from normal vision, to night-vision, to infrared vision, to radioactive detection, to even a portable torch, all of which can also be used in surroundings where eyes would normally be unable to function, such as underwater. His eye changes colour depending on which vision is active. He can also turn the eye off to result in no energy consumption, which would predictably prevent it from seeing anything.

Last edited by Ician on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 2:51 am

Rejoice, everyone. This isn't dead, not at all. But since I haven't seen any cybernetics or even ideas for such thown up at me, I'm gonna post my current version of Laz's cybernetics.

Oh, and guys. You don't HAVE to have a cybernetic. The advantage of not having one is that you never have to deal with the whole "recharging" thing, and you're also completely immune to being infected. However, it will do little to dissuade any infected from attacking you.

Without further ado...
Quote :
Laz's entire digestive system has had a complete overhaul. Most visibly, in the way of razor sharp, metallic teeth and the plating of every surface of his mouth and throat, though also present all the way through the stomach, pancreas, liver, and other related organs, as well as enhancement of the small and large intestines. All of this has, admittedly, made him a little bulgier, but it also means he can essentially eat anything that isn't radioactive and that he can wrap his unhingeable jaw around, and in massive amounts at that. This also extends to the chemical aspects of the process. It can change the components of the stomach acid to allow for the actual break down of such things (up to and including metals and plastics), and his spittle actually contains amounts of concentrated hydroiodic acid, among other things, leaving it colored a dull brown and HIGHLY acidic. Due to the level of integration with his preexisting systems (namely, his muscles and bloodstream), the cybernetics use a relatively small amount of power compared to many others, though a complete depletion of power would mean he would starve to death in short order.
It is not suggested to put your hand in his mouth. Even if you get it back, it'll probably be corroded just by being in there.

If anyone has anything to add before I post the thread itself, speak up, speak up. I want to keep this idea alive, not let it fall to the back of everyone's mind.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:21 am

Yeah, I think I'll be using Zen then. Though is there the option of getting a cybernetic once the game's begun?
Back to top Go down
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Zen wrote:
Yeah, I think I'll be using Zen then. Though is there the option of getting a cybernetic once the game's begun?

Not really, no. After all, the bad guys are the largest organization with access to the stuff and most cybernetics would require very intensive surgery followed by an extended rest period to ensure that your body does not reject the foreign material. And the whole post-apoc setting would make it even harder to find anyone willing and with the skills to produce and implant any cybernetics.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 3:09 pm

alright then, I imagine Zen would have a magic regulatory system installed to help him with the volatile nature of his magic. Since normally his magic will tear apart his insides unless he's fairly careful with it, he'd get this implant to help regulate the magic in a more controlled way and such allow more freedom with his abilities. Granted that doesn't mean he's exactly more powerful, he just has a little less restraint on what he can or can't do, and if he were to still overtax the implant, the results would be rather explosively worse.
Back to top Go down
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 1:23 am

Okay, everyone has had ample time to either consider joining this thread, as well as think about what, if any, cybernetics they desire. I have not seen any problem so far in anyone's cybernetics, so they've all got a pass for now.
As of now, PC is officially on the Going To Happen For Sure, Dudes list, I just want to check a few things with everyone here.

Would you all prefer me dumping you in whatever situations I feel like, or would you prefer to talk out your start points with me?
Would you prefer to start in the same region, or far away from one another. One of these options will slow down my GMing, and I'm sure it's obvious which one that is.
Would anyone like some Cheetos, or Mountain Dew?
Who wants to kill the bad guys, and who wants to just sit around and "survive", whatever that means?
Will you stand by me, through thick and thin, while I ward off the forces of the apocalypse?
How many of these questions are actually serious?

And Rayne, I want you to post again here to prove that you're alive.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 3:36 am

Alright, In order from top down:
-Either's fine by me, I'm usually pretty flexible, especially when Zen
-Given Zen's ability, distance isn't much of a problem for at least him, so I'll again say dealer's choice
-Rootbeer and ranch Doritos would be preferred here, hehehe
-Zen's not usually the 'killer' type, but he'd certainly do far more than just 'sit and survive', and he's always up for a good fight.
-Depends on what happens, Zen's stance is rarely set in stone.
-Obviously the third one...I'm not so sure about the others, hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:14 am

Hm... let me answer each question separately in discrete points.

a) I'm fine with most things, but I'd prefer it if we could talk about it a little first. I just like to know what I'm getting into and all that.

b) I have no preferences on this point. Whatever fits your style better, I guess.

c) Yeah... I'm a weird type of person. I don't like a lot of types of food that others like. Here's a list:
Candy
Chocolate
Cake
Basically anything with sugar
French Fries
Most drinks that aren't water
(The list goes on...)

d) The moral compasses of my characters tend to be rather non-linear, so I can't commit myself to killing. Though I am quite certain that Dezulaar won't just be sitting around.

e) Meh. We'll see. Refer to above point on non-commitment.

f) How well can seriousness be defined? I'm certainly no expert. In the end, how can I render a judgement? The only person who really knows would be you. Such is the reality of things. But of course we all know.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:59 pm

-Either is fine, he's flexible and it's easy to give him an excuse for any situation he is dumped into.
-Well, if you have made up your mind about the 'Cybernetic' I requested on Cloudsdale he has quite the way to get around.
-Both please... Haven't had Mountain Dew in like two days.
-Both! Perhaps both, points of taking something over or purging it, then points where they are scrapping by?
-As you happily gnaw on the legs of our enemies I'll stand by you, most likely laughing my flank off, but standing by you.
-Knowing you? Again. Both.

AND YES, I'm bloody well alive Khaos!
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 12:59 am

I would like to sign up Final Wave. Does a Blink Drive count as cybernetic enhancement? If not, I'll just take enhanced hearing.
Back to top Go down
Midnightblossom

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 4:32 pm

I can't tell if this Rp is actually a thing still, and while I want to take a look, I don't wanna dive too deep in to discover it's been canned. So yeah, is it?
Back to top Go down
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 4:45 pm

"Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:59 pm"

This was the last post in here, and there's no IC thread.
Do the math.
Back to top Go down
Midnightblossom

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Better to just check, it's happened to other Rp threads I found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)   Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ponynet Crisis (AU, Sci-Fi, Post-Apoc, Grimdark; Yeah, There's Gonna Be More Than A Little Gore)
Page 1 of 1