OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)

Go down 
+8
Johnny Maker
veryveryfluttershy
StrawberryGamer
Mr. Market
Star Sentinel
Xereth
Ician
Zen
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Zen

Zen

A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Empty
PostSubject: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 2:23 am

Several of Equestria's best and brightest have wondered for decades about the existence of other worlds. New lands where magic, physics, and even basic principles can be very different than the world they're currently in. Up until recently though, travel or study about these new worlds have been halted by the natural barriers surrounding them. Until however a certain event came to light where not only a pony went to another world, but the princess of magic herself conducted the travel. After this, she gave her findings to some of Canterlot's greatest minds where they continued to develop and perfect the techniques until now.

Now, the first attempt to cross over into a new world is ready, and the scientist are looking for volunteers to make the jump. To boldly go where no-pony has gone before and discover new and exciting things. Who will accept this task, and venture passed the void into A Whole New World.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, to clear a few things up, this is going to be a adventure game and it will abuse several of the MC mechanics including a number from various mods in the FTB mod pack. I'm hoping that not everyone will just go and look stuff up on it and we'll be able to have some fun just experimenting around. I also rarely run a 'by the books' system and there will likely be some smudging on concepts and mechanics. Either way, I'm looking for anywhere between 2-5 people for this, maybe even 6-7 if we can keep it really organized.

There will likely be combat, and possibly even PVP, and of course the standard group rules apply. So lets have some fun and build something awesome!
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 2:44 am

I see that little discussion in Cloudsdale has come to fruition. I will take some effort to force myself not to go and look everything up, but I suppose if that's your wish...

Anyway, I'd like to sign up Insight. With his abilities of telepathic communication he's like a telephone line. Or even a Skype chat room. If interdimensional communication this way were possible he could even keep in touch with Equestria... but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 12:19 am

I'm signing up Griff for this (top post of second page that was linked). With his transformation abilities, he could be eyes and hunter of the group.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:03 am

Alright, well both of you are in, though keep in mind that I'm going to be messing around with a bunch of stuff and since you'll be crossing over into a new plane of reality, certain abilities will likely change. Also, I now have something of a story or at least an endgame goal to be achieved by the players, now if we can just get a few more.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:45 am

I'll sign up Zero, who is obviously in disguise. I guess he can still use his changeling changing domahicky, since you did say on Cloudsdale that there was the morph mod in FTB. It gives me a very good reason to use my OC.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 3:53 pm

I'll use good old Market for this. And don't worry about his abilities all that much. The GM decides what changes anyway. o3o
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:37 pm

I'll sign up Sunny. Being a member of a transdimensional agency, she would be supervising the jump. Doesn't mean she can't have fun though. Its in her contract after all. Her special abilities are still the same as in her character sheet. This is really all you need to know, but ask if you want more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Alright and awesome because that'll make 5. Game will probably be up within a matter of hours, but I plan to leave the sign up open for further questions and possibly debates etc.

Here's the link to the game.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 12:56 am

Signing up Fine Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Maker

Johnny Maker

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 1:02 am

Signing up Johnny, and seeing as his sheet is among several of my OCs, here it it. 

Name: Johnny Maker
Race: Unicorn
Mane: Brown with light blue streaks, often scruffy.
Coat: Dark red, short fur.
Cutie mark.:

Distinguishing Features:
Johnny is a very tall stallion, easily the height of Celestia, and seems very intimidating because of it. The fact he walks around with a very cold air and with a face like thunder really doesn't help lower his intimidation factor.
He is never seen in public without his goggles, computer, toolbelt or vest. He is one of those people that have a week's worth of the same clothing.
Specialty:
Creation. Johnny is a master of making things. He instinctively knows what is wrong with a machine or thing often just by looking at it. His mind works a lot differently to others. Instead of seeing just a thing, his mind takes it apart, scans all the components of it and puts it back together. He doesn't do it deliberately, his mind does it automatically whenever he sees something that has been crafted somehow. Of course this doesn't happen with biological things or raw materials, thankfully, or he would have been driven insane.
This factors into the fact Johnny is incredibly intelligent. His brain functions like a super computer, more so than a normal brain. Tricky and very long calculations are no problem, and he is very tactically minded, most of the time trying to think a few steps ahead of everyone else and horizontally.
Having been trained under the Master Blacksmith Darkfire Forge, Johnny has the ability to hold metal with his magic, turning it basically into clay to be shaped however he desires. He doesn't like to do this often though, as it poses literally no challenge or excitement, which is part of the fun of being a Blacksmith in the first place.
Repairing and healing come naturally to Johnny. Making things whole is easy for him, an inbuilt skill. He can pull off very high level repair spells and healing spells, even going so far as to train as a doctor to be more effective with them. However, while a broken bone he can deal with, an illness is something he can't, as it isn't technically broken.
A strange, and scary, ability Johnny has is tied to his anger. When he gets to quite a high level of anger his magic starts to get a little agitated, starting to create lighting storms that centre around him, and that will respond somewhat to him. This basically means lightning will strike whatever he is pissed off at.
But if Johnny gets really angry, like, "Fuck it, Everything dies." Level of angry, things get much worse. His magic does a complete 180 and turns from Creation Magic, to Destruction. At this point, everything around him starts to break and fall apart, and if he's that angry, he's most likely going to throw it at you, regardless of what is was.
It is for this reason he doesn't like getting angry, and constantly tries to keep his emotions under control.
Another odd little ability Johnny has works a little bit like a Pinkie sense, but a bit more focused. After many years of having inventions explode in his face he has developed a sixth sense for if something is going to hurt him. It's not very precise, but it gives him the idea "Standing here is not a very good idea at this point in time." And it's up to the rest of him to get out of the way.
Weaknesses:
Johnny dislikes creatures touching him. It makes him feel uncomfortable and the nature of his magic doesn't help. Because his magic is Creation Magic, it jumps to other living creatures, giving them a soothing sensation as the weak flow of magic heals them. This idea itself Johnny is very uncomfortable with, and so he distances himself from others because of it.
Social interaction is not one of his strong points. He finds it difficult to talk to others, preferring to stay quiet, double checking what he is about to say before saying nothing.
As mentioned above his temper also troubles him as he tried to keep it under control in an infuriating world. He doesn't want to lose his temper because he hates breaking things, and can't stand to be near something that is broken.
A strange weakness for such an antisocial stallion is he has to help others. He will always put others before himself, and will not refuse to help someone unless under very special circumstances (He hates them). He does this because he thinks it is his purpose in life to fix, and others tend to break things a lot. It is his attempt to make a perfect world.  
Ponyville's repair pony, a job unlikely to dry up any time soon, and Part time Inventor, Mad Scientist and Trinket Maker.
Gear:
Toolbelt, complete with hammerspace pocket, whatever tools and other bits and bobs he has in it, computer capable of scanning pretty much anything and hacking into things (Also has a Snake app for if he gets bored) and his trusty goggles. They don't do much, but he thinks they look really good.  
History:
Johnny was born and raised in Canterlot. Unfortunately though, he didn't exactly have a normal childhood. He was bullied mercilessly for being different, it didn't help that he was tiny as a colt, but that lessened when he grew to be a full head and neck above everyone else.
Not that he cared to much. He lived in his own little world that just had knowledge and him in it, for his tiny mind soaked up information like a sponge. He didn't have the time of day for others, going from lesson to lesson on the prowl for even more juicy morsels of facts and figures.
This went on through his education, from nursery to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, where he got a place at because of his intelligence and natural skill with Creation Magic. He was recommended for higher education and eagerly took it, ending up leaving with M.D, Sc.D and P.Eng degrees to his name.
He moved to Manehatten after that, a city he did very well in, helping others as an odd job pony, earning a name for himself. However, he quickly discovered that busy city life wasn't for him. So, when the flat he lived in was scheduled for demolition, instead of finding a new apartment, he moved to Ponyville. He'd been told that they could use a pony like him, which turned out to be all too true.
He was eagerly welcomed to the town by the local council, and even given a plot of land to build his home on. He has lived there ever since, keeping Ponyville in one piece every other week.
Personality: Very stoic, seemingly heartless Johnny is a very logical stallion. But once you really get to know him and get him to open up, he is really just a big softy, and a loyal friend.
Current Home: Bungalow on the edge of the Everfree Forest with secret underground hanger (But you didn't hear it from me.)
Misc:
Thanks to his work as an Inventor he has a high pain tolerance.
Will always refers to people as Mr or Miss, because he's polite like that, until told not too.
Twitching is a sign that he is getting angry, so is something to look out for.
He is a very convincing liar, though he doesn't like being dishonest.
He feels compelled to pick up stray feathers for reasons even he can't explain.
Refuses to drink alcohol in case it turns him destructive and he likes his liver.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 1:38 am

Alright, no real problems here and I'll go ahead and tell you your limitations now so you'll just have to enter the game/world through the portal.

Fantasy, pretty much the same as the others. You'll have basic telekinesis but those unexpected bursts will for now at least be suppressed

Johnny, when you cross over you'll find that your computer scanner thing isn't working right here. Also like the others, your magic is suppressed aside from the 'basic' telekinesis. Even his PO'd lightning/destruction magic isn't working for now.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 2:38 am

Signing up with Bronze. Naturally she will have an affinity for Redstone and general construction. Not so much the magic or potion side.
Back to top Go down
https://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:29 am

I'm fine with ya joining, though I'd still like a link to the character sheet, or what johnny did and just post it here, before you actually enter the game.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 12:43 am

*Poke*
Signing up Accentria.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=accenture
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 12:55 am

Alright, Sharp and OP, you guys are fine to enter.

Sharp, slight thing with the whole floating swords thing. When you enter the new world though, the four 'swords' fall to the ground as the magic about them becomes suppressed. The ability to use them however can be unlocked again through progression in the game. At the start, you'll only have limited levitation/telekinesis, so you can wield one of them in a telekinetic hold at the very beginning, but that's all at the start. That being said, you're free to continue if you want, the portal is open so feel free to step into A Whole New World.
Back to top Go down
eqbotanium

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Is it too late to join this? It sounds interesting and I'm on a quest to join something here.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 12:09 am

((Quick reply to you, Eqbotanium. You'd have to ask Zen the GM for that, but you'll have to wait on him to show up. If he does coma back, try to find him in the OOC chat, okay? Otherwise, leave him a PM instead and wait for him to respond, though he might respond here eventually. Also, remember to write stuff like this in parenthesis if you really must share out of character writing.))
Back to top Go down
eqbotanium

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 12:42 am

(Whoops. I thought I was in the signup thread. Sorry.
EDIT : Wait, this is the signup thread. Do I still need these parenthesis?)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 1:05 am

Bah!!!!! This is! My bad! Boy, do I feel stupid. I need coffee...  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Okay, now I'm back and I'm sorry Eg, but at this point in the game, it's too late to join. I am probably going to be posting the sign up to another game in the relatively near future and you're more than welcome to join that one.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 1:04 am

I would like to sign up Lunatic Veil.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 10:49 pm

Alright, I'm wanting to see the actual RP for this signup to revive and I'm likely going to be posting an update really soon to try and do just that. First however I'd like to know who all still wishes to be a part of this game because a lot of people signed up, but then a lot seemed to drop out. If you want to continue playing, please leave a SOMETHING here. Whether that be as simple as 'I do' or some elaborate multiple paragraph statement. Also if your not in the game currently and would like to join, same thing, just make some kind of post after this.

I'll be leaving this up for a few days and anyone who hasn't posted something by then I'll assume has no intention of staying in this game.

Last edited by Zen on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Oh, I wanna say yes... But I need to be careful since I have gotten into a couple threads since. I don't wanna overwork myself... It all depends on pacing. Time will tell if I can actually commit or not this time around.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:24 am

I would also like to stay.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 9:56 am

I'd like to say yes, but I'm hesitant. Perhaps you just ought to count me out for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)   A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A whole new world (MC mechanics crossover, light violence, adventure)
Page 1 of 1