OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Blade had zoned out, not even being able to feel the first jab, everything that had been said or done having been missed by him. Yet, the second annoyed him and made him step away from the mare. He was a bit angry at the smaller alicorn for having done so, but something more important took his attention. The beast was up and it seemed to be talking with the vampony. He glanced over to Mittere. "He is trying to reason with the thing that wanted to kill us and doom our planet?" He said as his attention shifted to the monster. The guard knew two things, Fearful was not the greatest of ambassadors and that this was no something that could be reasoned with. It wanted them dead and it wanted that since they first arrived. Yet, the thought of this being literally knocked into Fearful's thick skull would have be nice.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 10:11 pm

Fearful continued to smile and shook her head. "Let me rephrase my statement you beast. Either you accept my mercy for what it is and yield to me, or a slay you here and now, track down whatever or whomever you are protecting and slay that as well." She dropped down to eye level with the beast gave a dark grin, fangs shining in the light. "This is a one time offer my dear. And it's fast selling out," she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 6:33 am

Admittedly, as much as Sugary thought of Fearful as insane, he was actually glad someone else shared his idea to not slay the creature, especially since it did look considerably weakened by now. With the apparent situation in their favor, he was quick to back-up the vampire by making a proclamation as he raised his voice. "Just accept defeat and tell us what we want. You were beat once, and spared twice; Unless you have the courage to take your own life, you're at our mercy!" He was partially bluffing, since he knew a good bunch of them were worn down, but as his magic flowed a bit again, stalagmites were forming in the ceiling above the creature, ready to be dropped on a whim. He hadn't quite lost his edge yet.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:20 pm

“I was about to whistle to see if your ears would move. Good of you to rejoin us. I am not sure how much success she will see, but it is fun to watch her try. I wish to see how many thousands of years out of date her negotiating skills are,” Mittere said. She was a little disappointed that Blade had moved away from her, but some movement was better than nothing. He was awake now. “Just use this time to properly gather some energy. Bringing all of our power on them should exhaust our final foe quickly.” She wasn’t being very commanding to the guard, she actually sounded as though she was calming down a little.  

“Stop exacerbating things,” Luna hissed at Sugary’s interjection. It was really an excuse to be mean spirited towards the pony. “Fearful is doing fine without your threats.” The mare looked up at the work Sugary was doing. It seemed he could be counted on to actually do something on his own that was worthwhile. She wasn’t going to give him praise though, he was already as stubborn as a mule to her demands.

“Your mercy has already given me my life without having to yield to a cute thing like you...To retreat is not necessarily to lose.” The creature had rested well enough now that Fearful had been nice enough to stall. They looked like they could take another round and not as downtrodden as Fearful may have smugly thought. “But fine. I'll ask permission if it makes you happy; can I leave now?” They were annoyed and in no way fully yielding, but they didn’t seem willing to put up any further fight.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Fearful smirked at the words of the beast, and she gestured vaguely. "The bargain has been struck, my mercy has been given. I think I will enjoy having you as my pet, though I will need your name at some point. I can hardly call you beast after all," she giggled, before closing her eyes, lips moving in a wordless song. Beneath the creature, a dozen pentacles opened up, trapping the creature in place, before chains pulled it flat against the earth, constricting and shrinking it till it was the size of a hamster.

Fearful landed in front of it and smirked, picking up the now tiny beast and resting it on her shoulder. "There we are."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:22 pm

This time, as it were, Sugary would give Luna a light glare of his own from the corner of his eye, still mainly focused on the monster's presence. "Why don't you do something about it then? First you want me to go ahead with my idea, and then you tell me not to prepare for danger when someone actually does what I asked for? I work with you, not for you. You'd do well to remember that..." The light bit of spite in his voice might be apparent; The lunar Princess was grating at his already weary patience.

He wasn't sure how or why, but Fearful had chosen to make the monster her pet. It was not what he had in mind, but since the creature was now too small, he simply let the stalagmites hang harmlessly from that point on and called to the vampire. "Hey! Did you ask it for directions yet? The voice in my head said the same thing Celestia did, we just have one more foe to go!"
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:38 am

“Remind me to fight him to the death....” Mittere said to Blade as though he were a scribe. The stallion seemed to take her frustration well enough, like some kind of force absorbing piece of training equipment. She did find it tasted of something very rich that Fearful had called her actions despicable, when her approach would have been far more dignifying and respectful to their enemy. She wasn't sure if how casually she had subjugated their enemy made it better or worse. She'd been more peppy after losing her stallionhood, that was a certainty.  

“Your problem is that you are so slow at reacting to orders. I am thankful you do not work for me, and it shall be under the most desperate circumstances that I would ever seek you out in the future.” Luna hoped that if such an occasion did happen, she could negotiate a pay scale based on how she felt he had performed. That would keep him in line. There was one only one real order that she could give that she felt he would actually adhere to, even then it was phrased as a suggestion. “Why don’t you join with Mittere?”

The creature was more unhappy about how they were handled, feeling like Fearful had omitted some very important information about her conditions. She stamped as she was placed on the mare’s shoulder, wanting to get their attention and express her feelings. “What is this?!” They stamped once more. “I can’t go anywhere like this!” Now her protections were revoked, the creature was also a lot more concerned about the mission, now from the greater group's perspective.

It's current host no longer being...suitable for the task, the way forward so many ponies in the room desperately wanted...did not appear. The strange water began to behave as the adjective would indicated, running upwards along the walls, being broken by the platforms, but still spraying some of the corrosive substance onto any unprepared and unshielded ponies. Once the water reached the middle of the ceiling, it dropped down again as though the whole room was a water feature. This lead to more and more water being created as the level slowly rose.

“You should run,” Summer said, putting the suggestion forward to Sugary, looking up at the area Celestia and Fearful used to make their entrance. “The fight will be easier if you take it from this room. They reside in that water. If you draw it out then it will be the simplest fight you will face after it’s defences are downed. Instruct the stallion to use the large spell from his esoteric set. Hopefully with your other informat, the point to aim can be cleared.” Anypony feeling for it would feel the energy filling the room, it matched with what they had originally been chasing. Though hidden under the ripples of the water flowing, it was there.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 12:13 pm

Fearful blinked at stared at the tiny creature on her shoulder. "I forgot how adorable that spell makes things. Regarding your questions, it was an old spell a friend taught me maybe... eighteen hundred years before Celestia's birth. It only works with a contract though, so the only way I could have done this to you earlier was by tricking you. As for no going anywhere, you couldn't go anywhere anyway. Doors are not exactly compatible with creatures your size." Looking over at Luna, she flashed a smile. "Canterlot Castle allows pets right?"

Fearful regarded the rising water level and glanced at the creature on her shoulder. "So, Navi, your boss doesn't seem too happy. It'll probably kill you, so you should stay with me."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 4:06 pm

((I hate water levels!!))

"At least I actually did stuff..." said Sugary with mild disdain under his breath to the bossy lazy Luna, though he did admit she was right as he made his way over to Summer by hopping platforms with some ease.

As it were, he just barely missed getting doused by the corrosive water when it got to moving by itself, sending a chill down his spine as he felt a presence and Summer spoke to him. He looked to Summer, Diurnae, and Blade, and spoke with urgency. "Everyone! We need to go back the way Celestia and Fearful came through right now!! Diurnae, you need to prepare for that spell again! And Madam, I need you to carry me..." He'd put his focus into helping those that struggled to get away to move to the exit with levitation, further straining him as he tried to deflect the water flow from them as well as much as he could...
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 8:51 pm

After being annoyed and awestruck by what happened in the last few moments, Blade had to admit that he felt pretty good about things. His body still felt tired, but the urgency made the feelings die down. Then, Mittere spoke about killing Fearful. Blade kept silent neither agreeing or disagreeing to the task given to him, but at the moment it was a no. He had to admit that while the vampony was a bit on the cocky side, even annoying at times, he had to admit that the power justified that attitude. The main issue was with Sugary who seemed to be shouting things no reason and ultimately becoming slightly annoying. He managed to create a quick construct in front of himself as the corrosives shot in front of him, Sugary's shouting now seeming to a little less bothersome now. He hadn't left Mittere's said as Sugary mentioned about being carried and after a quick glance at what he was doing, he grabbed the unicorn in his magically hold and carried him like that as he made his way towards the exit.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 9:26 pm

“Adorable?!” The creature stamped again in displeasure. She wasn't adorable, she was meant to be feared! “My name’s not Navi!” Navi then sighed in frustration. “I'm not really being presented with many options. I have to stay with you. I’ve gone this far with you offer. Make things quick and my ‘boss’ shouldn’t put up much of a fight.” Fearful was strange, but she hoped she was alright, and that she would be safe now her safety depended on it.

“If they are tame and do not make a mess.” Luna answered, playing along. The spell reminded her too much of a rather unsavory creature, but the limitations and that is was in Fearful's hooves made it safe. She much preferred Fearful's brand of fun over that kind.

Sugary wasn’t going to get an airlift by wing from Mittere, hers were not large enough to present just one reason that was not going to happen. Still, she opened her wings and began to move above the stallion to lift him but Blade was swifter, so she saved her grandson instead. She wrapped her legs around the him and pulled up. “Is our enemy the water or in the water? We should boil it regardless yes?” Mittere asked Sugary. She was ready to scorch it as much as Celestia had planned to do to the earth while she waited. Celestia was kind enough to wait, though some of the guards were more eager to get away. Luna would stay behind to cover Fearful and make sure he did not get too carried away with her new pet.

The water filled the room more as they fled. Diurnae wanted to fire a parting spell or two, but Sugary had told him to be ready, and that this would be the big one. He kind of new, but having it be reinforced got him fired up even more more as his horn lit, slowly backpedalling into the long tunnel above. He was ready to prime it whenever he was told to, or actually saw something worth blowing his load on. As long as everypony was behind him, the enclosed space would work perfectly. “Can everypony form some kind of wedge behind me?” If nopony listened to the stallion then Mittere would repeat the question as an order.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Fearful giggled and petted Navi as he tiny stamps produced a soft ringing noise on her armour. "Well you hardly gave me another name to use, so you are Navi now. Any hints on how to kick his butt?" She asked as she floated into the tunnel. "And I assume you are toilet trained?" She asked, landing in the middle of the wedge that Diurnae had asked for, secretly unshrouding a chest she had hidden earlier in the night.

Last edited by The_Pariah on Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 2:47 pm

Though not what Sugary had in mind, he was grateful for the airlift given by Blade instead, so he focused solely on aiding the slower soldiers up and out as he spoke to Summer. "The phantom said they reside in there and can be beaten if drawn out. But I got no idea what we're looking for..." He then looked to Celestia, wondering that if she was the other informant, what sort message was keeping her stalling?

Once he was in the area he needed to be, he withdrew the remaining gear he had left from his inventory, donning his red armor, a shield, and an axe as he spread the word to the other guards and volunteers. "You heard the Mage! Let's make our stand here, ladies and gentlemen...! And Fearful and Navi..." He wasn't sure what to think of Fearful anymore as he got into position next to her, and the now miniature monster from earlier.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 4:42 pm

Blade place Sugary down as they the group decided to make a stand. He looked down at the water briefly before thinking of a few suggestions. "Lightning, fire, ice? I am sure that any of those could work. Maybe just insults?" He said while going inside of the ledge. He kept his horn lite up, readying himself to throw up a barrier around them just in case Mittere's grandson wasn't prepared when the monster attacked.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Navi was still annoyed at Fearful. The mare seemed to have such nerve to think she could go around renaming things. Who was she with all of this queen of darkness stuff? Her irritation died a little as she felt herself being pet, which was probably the nicest bit of physical contact she had experienced in a long time. Navi had never seen a toilet, but understood Equestrian well enough to know what was meant. “I understand the idea of leaving a mess. Did my housing have any excrement around?” Fearful’s second question required repeating a little of what was already known. “ready known. “They're more pathetic than I am in this state outside of the waters comfort. It’s a form of sustenance and bedding for them.” It was liberating to no longer have ties to her boss, though there was a feeling of loss in rejecting the benefits of being so close. Some of it could not be taken back, and she thought about how she could put that to use in the near future.  

Mittere leaned onto Diurnae, whispering something into his ear and kissing it. The ear flopped and the stallion tried to move his head away, but it was only a token resistance. With the moment approaching he was grateful for the support. Mittere let him go and took some steps away, giving him the space he would need. “Mr Market, you honor our opponent far too much with your theatrics. Save that spirit for something more worthy.” Aside from her grandson becoming a complete imbecile there was little that could go wrong in her mind.
The water level continued to raise along with the tension. Diurnae kept making a clicking noise with his tongue, using the tone to count the seconds. It was no doubt annoying, but the roar of water or listening to Fearful and Navi were the only alternate sounds on offer. After a minute, or maybe ten - Diurnae was the only one counting -  the water reached a point where it had filled the room enough to begin to spill over. The stallion took a few steps backward, and hoped everyone in formation did the same. With some strain, he caster a second layer of the spell further down, making a trap for the little fishy.

As the water broke, what emerged was not quite a fish, or at all of much of a resemblance of any aquatic life. It crawled through the water with two great limbs that ended in flat fingers. A lot of its bulk, like with Navi, came from natural armor in the form of thick skin, though it seemed to have a more purposeful design to it, frills and engravings likely done as a vanity jon that was unlikely to threaten anypony that had followed this far. There was not an eye to be seen, or any facial feature, unless they were hidden by the powers of a chameleon that underwent some unethical experiment. The only aspect it might have shared was how its throat bulged, though there was no croak.  

“Draw it in, but do not tire yourselves,” Celestia ordered her eyes closing for a moment, visualising the near success. “Fearful, I hope your new friend tells no lies.”
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 2:13 pm

"Let's save those spells only for back-up, Sir Blade. Half the obstacles so far have been very resilient against magic, we musn't let anything go to waste. Insults however..." Diurnae's elder spell had a reliable success rate so far, so they may as well play their Ace from the get-go and try to end it all swiftly, thought Sugary as the water rose.

At Summer's comment, he merely chuckled. "Boosting morale is not just for show..." He once more began to let his magic course actively and slowly through his body and armor in a shade of pink. "I may be tired as I'm sure others here are, but my will to fight remains..." The energy coursed through his shield and weapon as well. "Warriors must never falter in the face of danger..." He stared at the being approaching, moving back cautiously along with Diurnae when he did. "Our spirit must surpass theirs, Madam..." He somewhat pointed his flank's side to the creature. "Let that roar of passion in your heart overtake them...! HEY, UGLY! COME GET A HOT PIECE OF FLANK!" He'd gladly make use of Blade's idea to insult by taunting them into approaching as he slapped his flank armor with the broad side of his shield.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 12:37 pm

"It did not," Fearful said as a crown of black flames formed on her head, giving Navi another pat before watching the creature pull itself into the new chamber. "Hmmm... he's far uglier than you Navi. I really think you should have been running the show."

She smiled and watched Sugary smack his flank, before rolling her eyes and giggling. "Say, Navi, if I were to turn all the water into ice, what would happen? Or even better, disassembled it into its component atoms and made something new?" She asked, already summoming her magic as a brilliant, ingeneous plan formed in her head. "Blade, Sugary, I have a plan. A genius plan if I do say so myself. But we're going to need a very large shield to protect us." She explained.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 11:35 pm

Blade had to admit seeing the monstrous fish was off putting, mostly due to its size. He naturally moved further back in order to keep behind Mittere's grandson, glancing over him and hoping that things were going well, which it did. Now they just had to learn the monstrosity out of the waters. Luckily, Fearful came up with a plan and requested a shield. "On it!" Blade said while focusing whatever magical energy had left inside of him and used it to create a shield in front of them. He then glanced back for other orders.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 7:00 pm

“Belief has nothing to do with success, it merely forces you to search harder,” Mittere stated. ”But if you think making yourself look like a fool will change things then continue to do so.” She was no warrior, She didn’t fight, she killed. The moments before were better spent planning than worrying about feeling good.  She was skeptical about Fearful’s plan, because she wasn't all that sure as to how smart the pony really was. There was a lot she wanted to ask her about, but she really didn’t trust her to give a serious answer at this point. She liked him better bitter like coffee, instead of her new bubblegum soda self.  

Luna was in full support of Fearful's plan, whatever it might be. The annoying stallion that Mittere has brought along did have a point, boosting morale would be good. Even if Fearful already had a plan, the rest of the group still needed to be ready. She turned to look at Celestia, but she glared back disapprovingly, indicating that she would not be doing that. She then glanced away, further showing that was not going to. That mare was a constant bad influence on her sister, but she maybe made things more fun...She turned back to her sister who still had the same look in her eyes. Celestia gave a sigh of defeat before moving closer to her sister, the two beginning to whisper of something.

“That would work…” Navi said, unsure why Fearful was being so kind. It felt a little insulting and not quite genuine. She should have just tried harder to have killed her and she wouldn't have been in this situation. “It'd take a lot of energy. I don't understand why you'd waste it on that crown…” Navi was being critical because she had an excuse to. Being little didn’t stop her being angry, and she also did not want to die after taking the trap of an offer she did.

Navi's former friend moved closer,  approaching with the water. If it was enraged or not was rather hard to tell. It just kept coming. A magic originated from behind the group and the ground shook slightly, the cavernous behind them being compressed, bending until it was sealed. With their retreat limited,  It would be a lazy and near assured victory. It would just take time, until they ran out of air or the water caught them. They would soon be weakened and swatted. Hiding behind a shield or thrashing attacks would be meaningless.

Luna leaned away, having finished conferring with the other princess. Celestia seemed a little more enthusiastic than she did initially, though it still looked like she wasn't doing it for herself. She was far too old for something like this. Wishing to invigorate them, not distract them, there was no dance accompanying the cheer of the two sisters. They lacked music, but their upbeat voices conveyed a message of hope.
“F-R-I-E-N-D! I have all my friends with me!”

The enemy finally began to start go tickle the edge of the trap Diurnae had set. The stallion’s eyes were sharp and narrow with purpose as he get ready to release the spell, loosening his hold on it slightly.

“F-R-I-E-N-D! Friendship makes me more than me!”

Mittere mentally retracted her previous statement. It seemed there was something that could be gained from activities meant to keep the spirit up. The subject matter was not to her taste, but listening to the two chant certainly made her feel better. It was like they understood how immature they were in comparison to her. With a genuine smile, she stood with magic ready to blast away or aid the guard in his shielding depending on how much effect her grandson had.  

“I can do anything when my friends are with me! We can do anything as a team!
Go Team!
Go Fearful…!” The two then went through the members of the group, making sure they were all included and invigorated before going into repeat as they watched the approach of their final enemy. Unlike the harsh and blinding white light of before, as Diurnae’s spell tripped there was only a soft white light, no more blinding than a lightbulb. The light moved in a pattern much like a fanned flame or a blade of air, softly smothering the creature before beginning to fade. The set of rings on the walls at the front and rear of the creature moved towards each other, overlapping, then finishing in the opposite place. With this process finish, the creature seemed to stop moving closer, likely out of some concern, or maybe an inability to move forward.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 2:00 am

Fearful very slowly paused as she heard the sisters start to chant, eyes drawn instantly to Luna. Watching her chant, she chuckled and looked to Navi on her shoulder. "The crown? Oh, that takes virtually nothing at all to summon." Watching Diurnae spring his trap, and stop the creature through desig or luck, she giggled. "Right... let's try this out..." she mumbled, raising hoof and concentrating quietly.

Behind the creature, the water began to bubble, two balls of gas formed from the component atoms forming above the creature. Fearful gritted her teeth as they slowly grew larger, holding the gas and compressing it so that the hydrogen didn't react yet. Panting softly, she smiled as the orbs continued to expand, before she grunted and ignited a small flame, before introducing it to the orb of oxygen.

This had only been a test, to see if the creature was even hurt by explosions, but the fireball was still enormous, the blue-white flames testing Fearful as she contained them so they only consumed the oxygen and hydrogen, and forced the enormous explosion down onto the creature, the remaining shockwave striking Blade's shield.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Between Fearful and Blade, Sugary merely chose to remain alert as he was more concerned with how the unknown creature might act over their efforts, barrier or no barrier. And since their path had been cut off, he needed to save his power in the event they'd have to force a retreat to be available on his own terms. Whatever he was going to do, he wanted to make it count.

The cheers from the Alicorns was more than welcome however, smiling as they all kept boosting morale and taunting their foe right at its face, until the spells against it happened... He watched, and waited, but the unknown creature may or may not still be there even after the explosion. "Phantom... Did they do it? Something doesn't feel right..."

To test for a reaction, he grabbed a bit of dirt, imbued it with a little of his magic as he did with his gear, and teleported it over to the other side of the barrier as it sprinkled over the water. Anything to bait whatever was in there into acting first if it would act at all...
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Blade had to admit that seeing the Royal Sisters being so silly at a time like this was both odd and a bit light heartening. The issue would be that the majority of the people there were a long ways from being his friend. His attention shifted over to Fearful who still hadn't given further orders and instead was preparing something. Diruane looked about done with his spell though this was probably either only chance in surviving. Before he could dwell on their possible death's, Fearful split atoms. The force that shot down on his shield made him cry out in pain. The construct cracked on impact and nearly broke apart from the attack. It was even forced down to the point when it was just above Princess Celestia's horn with only an inch or two to spare. Blade did his best to keep it held up and looked over at the monster in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Diurnae’s stunning of the creature did not last. With a hiss and a great amount of wind it carried on moving, faster this time, and into the shallow water. As the explosion rang, it was much a spectacle, but the simple application of enough pressure was enough to get the creature to lose balance as its back deformed under all of the pressure. It was halted and helpless again...

Luna seemed quite satisfied and Celestia looked a little thankful for being finished. They were both better off for it. They felt a little more youthful and had a smile despite the circumstances. Predicting the explosion prior to its happening as she watched the parts get set up for the reaction, Celestia prepared to shield the group against the sound it would make in an enclosed space. They had made it this far without any permanent damage, so their was no good reason to jeopardise their hearing. As such those with sensitive ears would be grateful to know, the explosion’s noise was muted to the point it would barely register, though they worked to let the groans of the creature through, since they meant success and victory. “Just one more like that. Everypony just focus on keeping safe and Fearful will do the rest. Nopony need jeopardise themselves now,” Celestia instructed as the two remained ready to snap up the same barrier ready to withstand the next attack and rebound some of the energy.

Mittere took to her newfound hobby of jolting Blade, this time trying to force him to keep his head up  “You are not going to be the one to let us down, Blade Shield. Do you understand? The next attack will be greater and more vicious. You will have the support of more ponies but that is no excuse. Both I and your princesses will know who is doing to work if we pool our magic. Mr Market shall help you too. Are you going to show us that are old what the young these days can do?” She then turned he head to gaze at Fearful and what she was going to do now. The same again or more was her guess, and she wanted to be ready for it.  

“Reality is not virtual…” Navi grumbled at Fearful’s wasteful allocation of power. It wasn’t as though she would listen anyway. As the mare got ready to go ahead with her plan, she moved further onto her back so the mare’s head could provide protection, which spoke a lot about her faith or lack of willingness to hold onto any. She still quietly whispered something to Fearful about a weak point underneath that was exposed when out of water.  

Diurnae moved a little deeper into the group, seeing no reason to expose himself after he had done his part. He’d wasted more energy than he would have liked to tangling with Navi. He still had a bounce to him that could be mistaken for eagerness, but it in truth he had grown to need to toilet badly, even though he had gone in canterlot. Something about all of the water.

Aside from being a sign of his heritage, Sugary's little action of playing with dirt didn't really accomplish much, whatever its original purpose might have been.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 12:49 am

Even while the explosions went around, and the barriers were kept up, Sugary still kept his focus upon the dirt he tossed into the water before the explosion went off. "Nothing... Nothing... Ah!!!" The creature would rue having ignored the patch of dirt that had been tossed, as he was able to briefly feel the creature's precise location within the water.

"Found it! Fearful!" He moved right past Summer, even he did acknowledge what she said about the shielding, he had something to go on that might decide the struggle for good. He would stand by Fearful's side as Diurnae stepped back. "Grab my horn and share your power with me! I know where it is!" It was a sudden and crude command, but he already had a lock upon the core creature as his horn flared to force the spell he was making to happen underneath it as well. He just needed for the vampony to cooperate for a result that wouldn't force him to use everything up...
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 12:53 am

"... I beg your pardon?" Fearful looked at Sugary with a most incredulous smirk before she blinked. "Oh wait, you mean your actual... oh, okay," she shrugged and trotted over. "I mean, it is right there. It seems the explosion sort of immobilised it," she said, before rolling her eyes and taking his horn. She began to pump power into the stallion, a steady, stable flow he would be able to utilise with ease. "Hurry up~"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]
Page 32 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next